Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Nutsngum posted:

Bigfooty is saying he (Ahern) was cleared of neck injuries and is out of hospital.

That's good to hear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

TG-Chrono posted:

Thanks Mike Sheahan, you and your dumb lists have torn my family apart. Over my dead body should Matty Scarlett be ranked higher than Fullback of the century Son of Serge, Stephen Silvagni.
U wot m8

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Kieran Jack and buddy both in hospital too

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Turns out that Liam Jones hasn't changed.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Testekill posted:

Our very own spoon man.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Testekill posted:

Just had a couple of hours sleep to kill a migraine. Woke up, turned TV on, first thing I see is Jones taking a strong grab then spraying the set shot from 15m.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Shmoses posted:

Just had a couple of hours sleep to kill a migraine. Woke up, turned TV on, first thing I see is Jones taking a strong grab then spraying the set shot from 15m.

You'd think as a third tall forward he'd also be able to have more than four tackles from three games. The much maligned and accused of being soft Jarrad Grant had seven tackles last night.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Started off well here, but now it's all gone to poo poo. Absolutely horrendous kicking and turnovers.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

gay picnic defence posted:

I don't think he can get away with anything less than a 1 year ban, and because it was from a positive test there is no way he'll be able to argue his way out of it. The time he's been provisionally suspended for will be taken out of his sentence so it makes no difference in the end.

I tend to agree, I think it's wishful thinking he'll get 6 months as he unequivocally tested positive to a banned substance. I was more surprised the tribunal couldn't chew gum and walk at the same time.

Also, how good is that Mayne fella.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Diet Crack posted:

Started off well here, but now it's all gone to poo poo. Absolutely horrendous kicking and turnovers.

:respek:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

gently caress me, Wellingham is useless.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

What the gently caress, dropping the ball is a free kick?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Just sat down to make my supercoach term - holy gently caress balls are some of the position changes stupid. Deledio is now listed as a midfielder cum forward. He spends 90% of the time running off the half back line ffs.

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

He played forward of centre a lot last year from what I saw of Tigers games.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
Just gotten around to renewing my Swans Membership.

Nothing to do with last year, I've been long suffering since 1990 and still haven't gotten over '96 - just some billing crap because of a change of address.

Throw me up with the other Fairweather Pricks in the OP.

EDIT: Yes it still hurts.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Adelaide have lost Brad Crouch for 2 months with a broken foot. So this will be another wasted season for him, and he's already a player I didn't think would get anywhere near the hype inflamed when we spent big draft picks to get him.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Oh poo poo 8 weeks better send him to the glue factory

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Drugs posted:

Oh poo poo 8 weeks better send him to the glue factory

He's 21 and he's already had an achilles, a broken leg, a broken foot and a severe hamstring tear. I already have him down as a good 200 game who never reaches the hype type, but if he keeps getting these injuries he's not even going to get that far, which compounds the trade error even further.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
cousins has just been arrested again. ~perthlyfe~

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/ben-cousins-in-police-custody-after-mysterious-incident-20150323-1m5oep.html

I'm either still hungover from the weekend, or this article is the hardest thing to read.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

THE two players at the centre of the Western Bulldogs betting controversy could both be cleared.

Senior forward Lachie Hunter has claimed VFL-listed player David Iaccarino used Hunter’s betting account to place a wager on a Dogs’ preseason game.

The bet was made on the Dogs to lose their second NAB Challenge match against Melbourne.

Hunter, who was not playing in the match due to an unrelated club-imposed suspension, notified the club as soon as he was made aware of the bet.

VFL players are not banned from betting on AFL games, but the AFL could revise those regulations following this incident.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
That seems awfully convenient. Why would you let someone place a bet using your account?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
He didn't. It's a lie.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

gay picnic defence posted:

That seems awfully convenient. Why would you let someone place a bet using your account?

Hunter is alleging that Iaccarino did it using his laptop.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

This just in, Essendon players beat doping charges after accepting the defense that their mums gave them the pills, so they didn't know what was in them and couldn't reject the offer

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Ben cousins has two kids :smith:

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Diet Crack posted:

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/ben-cousins-in-police-custody-after-mysterious-incident-20150323-1m5oep.html

I'm either still hungover from the weekend, or this article is the hardest thing to read.

quote:

I was still looking at him from my temple wondering 'what is he doing'
bencousins.txt

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Gough Suppressant posted:

Ben cousins has two kids :smith:

fuuuu

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

And he was the step father of two more with his now ex-partner.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

So I was watching Foxtel last night and noticed a show called 'AFL Round Table', is this new? It has the weirdest camera work and is ridiculously awkward. I guess they are trying to make it look like just '5 mates sitting around a table chatting about the footy' but it was really weird. All I remember is Dermott Brereton talking over everyone for an hour whilst trying to sound like some kind of football prophet.

Did anyone else see it?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Cloud the Cat posted:

So I was watching Foxtel last night and noticed a show called 'AFL Round Table', is this new? It has the weirdest camera work and is ridiculously awkward. I guess they are trying to make it look like just '5 mates sitting around a table chatting about the footy' but it was really weird. All I remember is Dermott Brereton talking over everyone for an hour whilst trying to sound like some kind of football prophet.

Did anyone else see it?

I think it was a one off pre-cursor to 360 returning next week, as far as I could tell from twitter at least.

I hope they have Paul Roos back again this year.

edit: Jono brown has the most australian voice in a good way (trent from punchy has the most australian vocie in a bad way)

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 24, 2015

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Cloud the Cat posted:

All I remember is Dermott Brereton talking over everyone for an hour whilst trying to sound like some kind of football prophet.

SURELY you jest my friend.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 14m 14 minutes ago

AFL today notified the Western Bulldogs it had concluded its investigation regarding player Lachie Hunter.
Hunter did not breach AFL rules & when aware his account had been used by another person, alerted club immediately, and cooperated fully.
There is no penalty or sanction for player Hunter.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
That's nice at least

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

That's nice at least

Sounds like Iaccarinno probably won't be punished either since there aren't rules related to VFL players betting on AFL teams. Heard that they are going to change rules regarding players at VFL clubs that are either aligned with an AFL team or are flat-out owned by an AFL team.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Testekill posted:

Sounds like Iaccarinno probably won't be punished either since there aren't rules related to VFL players betting on AFL teams. Heard that they are going to change rules regarding players at VFL clubs that are either aligned with an AFL team or are flat-out owned by an AFL team.

You'd think he would be disciplined by the club for sheer loving stupidity though.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

You'd think he would be disciplined by the club for sheer loving stupidity though.

Bloody well hope so. It essentially amounts to insider trading.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Testekill posted:

Bloody well hope so. It essentially amounts to insider trading.

If he actually had privileged information due to being part of the organisation he'd be in a lot bigger trouble, vicpol would be knocking on his door.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Testekill posted:

They're basically saying he got away with abusing the loophole this time, but next time anyone tries it they won't be able to use an unpunishable VFL player as the fall guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

The likelihood of that story being the true sequence of events is zero

• Locked thread