Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

:psyduck:

No! At no point did I imply that this was a policy lunch!

If you can't see the benefit in lunching a player who isn't town that kills other players then I don't know what to tell you. I don't know if Numerrik is a serial-killer but it's definitely a possibility.

And I'm not saying you did imply it is. I'm saying that your vote is as good as one. That's all.

This argument is predicated on the fact that you think Numerrik's lying and I already don't believe that. I think you're scum for continuing to push this execution. I've explained why I think you're scum as opposed to the other two. You've cleared up a couple points. It is not in fact a policy execution. That's fine. You haven't really given much argument for it other than the self-evidence of Numerrik's posts, which I reiterate I don't find self-evident. That's my general issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Defending players is not a pro-town action because it doesn't find scum, it just stymies discussion. Content lurking is a thing.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Jedit posted:

There's a difference between role and alignment. For example, you could claim to be 3P Survivor when you're actually an SK. (Heck, you could even claim the Survivor win condition as an SK without technically lying; you're telling the truth that you'll win if you're alive at game end, just omitting that you count as a threat to Town and so the game won't end when all the scum die.)

I don't recall ever seeing a true claim of Town+. Occasionally I've seen a Townie who won't win unless an additional condition applies, but never one who can win without the rest of the Town. So I'm secure in thinking numerrik is lying about something, and as he's also claimed a kill action I'm not comfortable with leaving him alive.

Lest you think I'm tunnelling: other people on my "shopping list" for today are T9L, Pin Mom and Quandary. I already explained the first, but for the other I'm pretty drat sure that Quandary and Pin Mom are not on the same team. I am phone posting right now and will not be around at deadline because it's 3am here, but there's a window between where I should be able to explain in more detail.

This entire post is an argumentum ad ignorantiam. I've seen and been Town+ before. Has your case fallen apart because of that?

You think Ninth is scum for defending Numerrik. And you think PMom and Quandary aren't on the same team when PMom has claimed to be on a completely different alignment than everybody else? I feel like that's a read that you have because you haven't fully read the thread proper and just feel compelled to comment anyway.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Defending players is not a pro-town action because it doesn't find scum, it just stymies discussion. Content lurking is a thing.

It's a pro-town action if Narc actively stops us from making wrong arguments. She stopped the merk discussion effectively, for what I'm sure are going to turn out to be good reasons. She was a background-blending scum player, and I'm sure she's that kind of person as a town player as well (i.e. offer opinions that won't get her killed by the scum).

Also something that stymies discussion is sticking your fingers in your ears and repeating the same arguments Ninth shot down when he's not around pushing the same case hopelessly and relentlessly.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

And I'm not saying you did imply it is. I'm saying that your vote is as good as one. That's all.

This argument is predicated on the fact that you think Numerrik's lying and I already don't believe that. I think you're scum for continuing to push this execution. I've explained why I think you're scum as opposed to the other two. You've cleared up a couple points. It is not in fact a policy execution. That's fine. You haven't really given much argument for it other than the self-evidence of Numerrik's posts, which I reiterate I don't find self-evident. That's my general issue.

No, I've made the same argument over and over again. You can look at my post history if you want to read it.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Can someone read Jedit's post that I quoted above and tell me if you get a vibe of 'i have to list players, now, so i'll list two town and one scum to confuse people if i flip'? That feels like that kind of post.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

It's a pro-town action if Narc actively stops us from making wrong arguments. She stopped the merk discussion effectively, for what I'm sure are going to turn out to be good reasons. She was a background-blending scum player, and I'm sure she's that kind of person as a town player as well (i.e. offer opinions that won't get her killed by the scum).

Also something that stymies discussion is sticking your fingers in your ears and repeating the same arguments Ninth shot down when he's not around pushing the same case hopelessly and relentlessly.

I'd rather have a wrong argument than no argument at all.

There is no other content being pushed. The vote that's going to go through is on me. I think merk is scum but he's excused himself from the conversation. I'm happy to talk about other cases but there are none.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

Can someone read Jedit's post that I quoted above and tell me if you get a vibe of 'i have to list players, now, so i'll list two town and one scum to confuse people if i flip'? That feels like that kind of post.

Not at all.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"Quandary and Pmom aren't on the same team" is basically not even a read, it definitely feels fake. He's, what, convinced that our interactions couldn't be town/town violence?

(I'm just going to refer to myself as town in my own posts because that's how I see myself and how I need to play, not because I'm trying to confuse things.)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

There is no other content being pushed. The vote that's going to go through is on me. I think merk is scum but he's excused himself from the conversation. I'm happy to talk about other cases but there are none.

Okay, well I've pushed some content on MiR and Quandary. Admittedly it was in one of my long posts so no one even reads them, but can you check it out?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ernie. posted:

It sounds forced because he states why he's doing it. That said I like reasons so I'm curious to know what he has to say.

Somberbrero posted:

Am I wrong in reading imgay's contribution as a bit pointless? I feel bad because they seem to have taken it personally but how else am I supposed to read that content.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

Okay, well I've pushed some content on MiR and Quandary. Admittedly it was in one of my long posts so no one even reads them, but can you check it out?

I have trouble reading MiR because it just reads like another one of the lovely votes on me.

You're a real soft-touch with Quandary but I do find his behavior inconsistent and strange.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It sounds forced because he states why he's doing it. That said I like reasons so I'm curious to know what he has to say.

Am I wrong in reading imgay's contribution as a bit pointless? I feel bad because they seem to have taken it personally but how else am I supposed to read that content.

He's a New Player who has Trouble Expressing Himself.

I have no idea how you can give Numerrik a pass and not extend the same courtesy to I Am Gay. I'd go as far as to say that I would not vote him at all today.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

I have trouble reading MiR because it just reads like another one of the lovely votes on me.

You're a real soft-touch with Quandary but I do find his behavior inconsistent and strange.

Right but you don't find the fact that he isn't actually reading the thread problematic? Like he missed the entire context for his votes. It looks like he went in looking for something to backup his conclusion and came out with something he can pretend was voteworthy.

As for Quandary, I know it's tenuous, but the last time I made this argument it was on Asiina in a game where everyone had to submit some stat-selection stuff in an rpg-like thing. She came into the thread and said 'Ah, I don't know what all the numbers mean but I submitted something anyway'. I immediately asked her if that's because the scum-team told her what to put in and turned out to be right. There are some actions I think are difficult to happen if you're not talking to someone outside the game. No where near Quandary's posts do you see anyone summarizing PMom's actions/soft-claims of being a 3P, but Quandary still assumes it.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I mean Quandary explains it away by saying he used the wrong words, but it's impossible to say that that's true because he said PMom has a mutually exclusive win-con with town which never happened!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

If you look at Quandary's last few posts they are:

-Coming at me for being non-"Town" aligned
-Speculating that there are several non-"Town" aligned town teams
-Coming at me for being non-"Town" aligned

that's not a sensible thought process

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Ernie. posted:

It's a weird aside, yeah. Reads like he's drawing on names that have been mentioned before in discussion to give the illusion that he is doing more than defending his attack on nummerikk, which makes up almost all his content thus far. The only person he has significantly interacted with is Ninth Layer. The callout to Mom and Quandary comes from left field.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

Right but you don't find the fact that he isn't actually reading the thread problematic? Like he missed the entire context for his votes. It looks like he went in looking for something to backup his conclusion and came out with something he can pretend was voteworthy.

Yeah obviously I find it problematic but I find most if not all of the votes on me problematic and assume that people voting me are bad/not reading the thread. I mean, look at Numerrik's vote on me.

Ernie. posted:

As for Quandary, I know it's tenuous, but the last time I made this argument it was on Asiina in a game where everyone had to submit some stat-selection stuff in an rpg-like thing. She came into the thread and said 'Ah, I don't know what all the numbers mean but I submitted something anyway'. I immediately asked her if that's because the scum-team told her what to put in and turned out to be right. There are some actions I think are difficult to happen if you're not talking to someone outside the game. No where near Quandary's posts do you see anyone summarizing PMom's actions/soft-claims of being a 3P, but Quandary still assumes it.

Yeah, I agree and I'd vote Quandary.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Somberbrero posted:

If you think you are up for the lynch, now would be the time to start posting your thoughts on every player instead of complaining that "no other content is being pushed." That way, the town can use your reads to supplement their own material depending on your flip. Be the change you want to see in the world.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Okay, so let's see if the thread can have conversation in this direction then

##vote Quandary

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

QuoProQuid posted:

If you think you are up for the lynch, now would be the time to start posting your thoughts on every player instead of complaining that "no other content is being pushed." That way, the town can use your reads to supplement their own material depending on your flip. Be the change you want to see in the world.

I'm not going to do that, that sounds like it'd generate a lot of white noise. You should kill numerrik, merk, quandary, and anonymous narcotics. I'd vote them in that order.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

I'm not going to do that, that sounds like it'd generate a lot of white noise. You should kill numerrik, merk, quandary, and anonymous narcotics. I'd vote them in that order.

Somber is totally scum because I know for sure that 2/4 of those people are town aligned, and I believe numerriks claim. I just went back to reread quandary based on ernies post and I see nothing suspicious. Now that somber wants to vote him though, I'm pretty sure he's not scum. BECAUSE SOMBER IS SCUM.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I started reading this thread and my internet went out for the night, clearly this game is cursed.

Let me see if I can make it more than 3 pages this time.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

asiina's in this game :wth:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Somber is totally scum because I know for sure that 2/4 of those people are town aligned, and I believe numerriks claim. I just went back to reread quandary based on ernies post and I see nothing suspicious. Now that somber wants to vote him though, I'm pretty sure he's not scum. BECAUSE SOMBER IS SCUM.

Nah, I don't think Somber is scum. Let me just copy my dear friend QPQ's thoughts into here

Look at how Quandary's thoughts evolve (click to follow-through):

QuoProQuid posted:

@Amoeba: What do you think of Quandry? I just went through his post history and besides a few jabs at 100 Years for pursuing CPig, his post history reads to me like a lot of non-commital noise and set-up discussion. There's no actual scumhunting. I refer in particular to:

It rubs me the wrong way, especially in light of the suspicion on CPig.

And look at how Somber's evolve (click to follow-through):

QuoProQuid posted:

I <3 how Numerrik gets increasingly sinister as Somberbero's post history continues. It starts off as a policy lynch and slowly becomes a huge existential threat that must be eliminated. It's an absolutely hilarious escalation over the course of three pages.

Quandary contradicts his own posting (because he's forgotten about posting in order to follow the thread's lead into a wrong direction). Somber's posting becomes more decided because he thinks he has something and wants the thread to listen.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

scum imo

wouldn't it be hilarious if by the time she catches up we've already voted her out for lurking as a replacement?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pinterest Mom posted:

Asiina replaced in last night, no need to appear shocked.

Ernie, what are your reasons for voting Quandary?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Ernie. posted:

Nah, I don't think Somber is scum. Let me just copy my dear friend QPQ's thoughts into here

Quandary contradicts his own posting (because he's forgotten about posting in order to follow the thread's lead into a wrong direction). Somber's posting becomes more decided because he thinks he has something and wants the thread to listen.

I don't think it's evolved at all. I think he's just yelling louder about something that has repeatedly been refuted.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ernie. posted:

One of us is confused, because those are Quid's posts.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Jedit posted:

One of us is confused, because those are Quid's posts.

If you click through, Quid posted a bunch of quotes

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Jedit posted:

Asiina replaced in last night, no need to appear shocked.

Ernie, what are your reasons for voting Quandary?

Their posting is inconsistent. They push the cases the think the thread wants to see pushed.

And I feel like their 'lie' wrt to PMom's alignment/win condition was a legitimate scum-slip rather than a benign mis-wording. To be honest this last point is my strongest, simply because that's the kind of scum-slip I personally do. I come up with a crazy theory or hear one from scumbros and forget that it's not a thing that happened in-thread.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the sequence of
lie -> quote a post that directly contradicts the lie as a support for the lie -> float a theory about multiple pro-town alignments -> go back to pushing me

is really weird

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Pinterest Mom posted:

the sequence of
lie -> quote a post that directly contradicts the lie as a support for the lie -> float a theory about multiple pro-town alignments -> go back to pushing me

is really weird

Who is this in reference to?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

quandary

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

I don't see it, can you walk me through it?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Literally his last four posts

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Why would you claim this information? The case you're making is that I must be scum because I'm batting 50% on day one with no extra out of thread information. That is not a good case because it is inevitable that a town is going to case a town. Casing a town, or even two, does not imply anything about alignment by itself. Now you're projecting a read based on your read of me, which is not a good idea when I have not flipped.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

:toxx: I am town aligned in this game. Now put up or shut up.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Requesting modkill for numerrik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

numerrik posted:

:toxx: I am town aligned in this game. Now put up or shut up.

well i am town-aligned, so

:unsmigghh:

• Locked thread