Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
loving idiot didn't roleclaim, great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
Haha, well, gently caress.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

TheRam posted:

Otherwise NK me?

Be careful what you wish for, I guess.

I'm looking at who he interacted with, seeing if it looks like any of them got spooked. Post coming tonight or tomorrow.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
:ghost: ~~~sweet release~~~ :ghost:

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

a worthy uhh posted:

Ram is trying to play Town Captain to the point where he knows he'd draw an NK if he were town, which is suspicious to me

So back to this MiR, a good VT sticks out and tries to be a legitimate NK choice. Why would you say it's suspicious to 'know you'd draw an NK'? This whole line of reasoning is stupid.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Is there a good way of using votefinder to see who was voting at time-of-lynch? I know Ram, Alasdair, Orvin and MiR were on CE, who was the fifth?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Oh it was Sam, still if someone could tell me how to use votefinder for that it would be appreciated

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
the silver lining is that even though he was town he was so dumb he didn't even roleclaim and we're better off w/o him. he probably would have cleared a mafia or something

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

okay so here's what I get from my rereads

king of bleh: mostly lurked, avoided saying anything controversial or putting himself out there
canuckistan: made a lot out of jokephase ending, also hasn't really said anything of substance. has spent most of the game pushing on me because he doesnt like me
MiR: mostly lurking until end of day, tried to play it off as avoiding NK (???), questions have been kind of softball and didn't vote me after saying I was extremely scummy, ended up hammering when I gave him poo poo for it
atoramos: always have a hard time reading him. he has actually picked fights which is more townie but unfortunately has spent too much time going over mafia 101
orvin: newbie hasn't said anything interesting, votes have always been on popular candidates
samfucious: stupid town hasn't said anything interesting except OMGUS

turn up the heat on king of bleh imo

##vote: King of Bleh

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

the silver lining is that even though he was town he was so dumb he didn't even roleclaim and we're better off w/o him. he probably would have cleared a mafia or something

to be fair MiR hammered him well before the deadline, but yes he should have claimed when it was obvious he was the lynch

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

he posted a swansong though, so he knew he was the lynch. he just forgot hte minor detail that he had a power roleclaim. rest...in pee!!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Alasdair if you're scum and didn't NK me because I'm too pro-Alasdair this game I'm going to be pretty bummed

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

i probably would have NK'd you as you're the player who knows me best

i almost think TheRam was an "i dont like u" kill

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Atoramos posted:

So back to this MiR, a good VT sticks out and tries to be a legitimate NK choice. Why would you say it's suspicious to 'know you'd draw an NK'? This whole line of reasoning is stupid.

Meant to do this in the above post: ##vote a worthy uhh

Your logic doesn't work out

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Atoramos posted:

Alasdair if you're scum and didn't NK me because I'm too pro-Alasdair this game I'm going to be pretty bummed

this actually rubs me the wrong way it is much too chummy

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

this actually rubs me the wrong way it is much too chummy

Good because when I pick a fight with everyone and people turn around and go 'oh look how townie you are' it makes me suspicious as gently caress

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
:ghost:~~:ghost:

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

picking fights (especially early) leans towards townie imo because you have to put yourself out there and allow for inconsistencies, allow people to get reads on you etc, risk lynch by stupid townies. its harder to pull off as scum anyway.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

"Alasdair if you're scum and didn't NK me because I'm too pro-Alasdair this game I'm going to be pretty bummed"

this reads too much like a post you want to gloat about at the end of game, like you want to coast through to lylo while i dont touch you because were chums

##vote:atoramos

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

picking fights (especially early) leans towards townie imo because you have to put yourself out there and allow for inconsistencies, allow people to get reads on you etc, risk lynch by stupid townies. its harder to pull off as scum anyway.

Someone picking a fight with you when your town is someone you know is 100% making a wrong read and is a good start to scumhunting. When you pick a fight with everyone and nobody takes the bait it's suspicious.

this reads too much like a post you want to gloat about at the end of game, like you want to coast through to lylo while i dont touch you because were chums

If you and I were alive at lylo and didn't touch me it would be the most suspicious thing in the game: it would be pretty unusual for very-active posters not to get the NK. Which is also why I felt Ram's actions were townie and MiR's criticisms scummy.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

a worthy uhh posted:

how do you know Ram is vanilla

This post stuck me as odd. It was in response to Atoramos posting about Vanilla Town players and sticking their neck out. Since the discussion was centered around TheRam, I can almost see the leap of logic to put the words in Atoramos mouth. It now just needs to be determined if this was a scum slip, or just a misplaced leap of logic.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Just to be clear, when talking about MiR, you are referring to A Worthy Uhh? Is that a previous screen name?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Orvin posted:

Just to be clear, when talking about MiR, you are referring to A Worthy Uhh? Is that a previous screen name?

Yes, sorry. AWU was 'Me in Reverse' and it's how I remember him.

Orvin posted:

This post stuck me as odd. It was in response to Atoramos posting about Vanilla Town players and sticking their neck out. Since the discussion was centered around TheRam, I can almost see the leap of logic to put the words in Atoramos mouth. It now just needs to be determined if this was a scum slip, or just a misplaced leap of logic.

My point was: what does it even matter? He was doing a typically-townie thing to do, and was labeled scummy for it. The easiest way to demonstrate that Ram was acting townie was to simply ask how a VT should play best (I would argue that all town should play vocally, make it so the scum need to post more and thus more content to judge by)

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

btw here's the list of people voting Crazyeyes

TheRam, Alasdair, Orvin, Sammy, MiR (hammer)

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

CE's 'oh I was just joke-voting' dominates all reads towards interactions. CE felt that the following players were likely-town: Canuk, Atoramos, Orvin, likes MiR but wanted to see more. Gets into a slapfight with KoB which makes up most of KoB's interactions this game.

Orvin doesn't like Ram's case on CE, stays back when CE starts 'OMGUS' but then jumps in once the case has been made that CE's playing like poo poo. Ram felt that Orvin was more-derpy than scummy and likely town.

If Orvin was scum it was easy to dislike Ram's case on CE, and since Ram wasn't critical of Orvin it's an easy way to kill vocal town without attracting attention to himself. All in all I don't believe this is a very scummy tell, but after his early FoS on Ram Orvin does little else of consequence.

Sam makes this post to Ram:

Samfucius posted:

Oh captain, my captain.

Teach me your ways.

I think Crawfish is being scummy, coming down as hard as he is. I was hoping he would get some sycophants so that I could point out some collusion, but nevertheless I think I will ##vote Alasdair Crawfish

which is interesting because KoB and myself were supportive of Alasdair's actions, but weren't called out for 'collusion'. Sam suggests he's trying to do some hunting here, but doesn't actually do so. The captain thing is dumb in this situation, but Ram's post he's responding to is pretty benign 'I know what I'm doing Day 1' so isn't a good scumtell on Sam. Ram was thought that Sam could be newbie scum but just wanted more content to go off of. There were others much more against Sam (I kept my vote on him most of the day rather than switching to CE, for example) so again, if Sam's scum it would have been a NK mostly-safe from attracting attention. Sam's vote on CE is literally 'I've been lynched in the past for not detailing my reasons for voting but here I go anyways'. I still dislike Sam's posting and he hasn't posted anything which makes me think differently, starting D2 off saying scumhunting will come later.

KoB votes Ram and then ignores him the entire day other than agreeing with Ram's dislike of a post by MiR. Ram similarly ignores KoB as someone he doesn't know, other than disliking his lurking and wishing the scum would kill KoB. Again, makes Ram an easy NK without drawing attention to KoB. After his early suspicions on MiR, KoB just sat on the fact that CE made a jokevote after being serious and ignores everyone else. Could be scum sitting on a town slip-up and thinking that's sufficient content to slide by with. More likely scum than Orvin imo.

Canuck doesn't like Ram's early-game, but Ram repeatedly points out how Canuck is acting dumb/scummy. With Ram vocally disliking lurkers and repeatedly calling out Canuck, it might be a threat to Canuck. Canuck didn't say a single word regarding his stance on CE, he unvotes Alasdair because he was 'convinced' to, but then puts his vote right back on without considering any other options. Also lovely posting, also potentially scum.

MiR criticizes Alasdair for suggesting being vocal is a townie thing, and then says TheRam is scummy for being vocal. Both are bad calls. Ram also didn't like these bad calls. His one good call was that Alasdair and CE are unlikely scum buddies because they forced themselves into the limelight. I still don't like any of MiR's other posts and his analysis is poor.

Alasdair was considered townie by Ram and Ram explicitly did not want to vote AC. This sets up Ram to be killed and draw attention away from Alasdair. CE interactions are mostly based around this early post which CE said was wishy-washy:

i'm legitimately okay with killing samfucious today for his scummy first post fyi. also we have 3 days until lylo so i'm fairly comfy with shooting from the hip. d1 is garbage

canuckistan comes off as kind of weird when he is mad about d1 jokephase ending so early.

king of bleh comes off as kind of aimless which makes me lean toward townie

haven't got much of a read on anybody else yet

which does not read wishy-washy to me, except I dislike the idea that KoB's actions are townie. Crazy made the point that AC's 'Sam is too bad to be scum' is silly and that's not a bad point: I don't think I've ever actually been able to stop a stupid cohort as scum.

My order of likely-scum is:

MiR, Canuck, Sam, KoB, Alasdair, Orvin

Would like more posts from everyone. Orvin's flying under my radar because he FoS's Ram and then does nothing else of consequence other than discuss points other people have made.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

TL;DR:

Orvin FoS's Ram and then doesn't do much else, flying under my radar.
Sam claims to have looked for information to scumhunt but didn't actually do that, and his vote on CE is poo poo and he knows it.
KoB sits on CE's jokevote slip without doing much scumhunting.
Canuck literally did nothing other than discussing how he felt Alasdair was scummy. No opinions on the lynch-lead, some heat from Ram.
MiR is making bad calls.
Alasdair suggested KoB's early play was townie which I don't like, suggests scumbuddies would shut Sam up which I disagree with.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
I remember now why I stopped playing. I just don't have the heart or head for this game.

Sorry to disappoint. PM'ing MMM for a replacement. Have fun guys.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This is the last day I will entertain replacements btw, tomorrow we're looking at modkills.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
In addition to his lurky, fly-by-night play yesterday, I think there's an interesting inflection point somewhere between these two posts:

a worthy uhh posted:

I am not rushing to end the day and I don't know how close to hammer we are, but yes

a worthy uhh posted:

Oh we're at -1

but we have time

and MiR's later posts which are progressively less constructive and basically consist of him just trolling Alasdair, ending with him "rushing to end the day" in exactly the manner he said he wasn't going to do. I submit that he saw he was getting simultaneous heat from both Alasdair and Atoramos and intentionally ended the day early so as to disrupt that line of conversation.

I'm still happy with ##vote a worthy uhh

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Atoramos posted:

KoB votes Ram and then ignores him the entire day other than agreeing with Ram's dislike of a post by MiR. Ram similarly ignores KoB as someone he doesn't know, other than disliking his lurking and wishing the scum would kill KoB. Again, makes Ram an easy NK without drawing attention to KoB. After his early suspicions on MiR, KoB just sat on the fact that CE made a jokevote after being serious and ignores everyone else. Could be scum sitting on a town slip-up and thinking that's sufficient content to slide by with. More likely scum than Orvin imo.

I intend on ignoring most players in this game until it gets smaller/slower, I don't feel like responding to everything by everyone.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

King of Bleh posted:

I intend on ignoring most players in this game until it gets smaller/slower, I don't feel like responding to everything by everyone.

So you intend on playing badly?

I'm no paragon, but geez.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Oh by the way, could you guys ease off on the hostility a little bit. :chillpill:

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Oh by the way, could you guys ease off on the hostility a little bit. :chillpill:

I, for one, am here to "call people idiots, assholes, and liars (in good fun)".

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

a worthy uhh (2): Atoramos, King of Bleh
Atoramos (1): Alasdair Crawfish
King of Bleh (0): Alasdair Crawfish, Alasdair Crawfish

Not Voting (4): a worthy uhh, Canuckistan, Orvin, Samfucius

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 26th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 7 hours.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

okay so here's what I get from my rereads

king of bleh: mostly lurked, avoided saying anything controversial or putting himself out there
canuckistan: made a lot out of jokephase ending, also hasn't really said anything of substance. has spent most of the game pushing on me because he doesnt like me
MiR: mostly lurking until end of day, tried to play it off as avoiding NK (???), questions have been kind of softball and didn't vote me after saying I was extremely scummy, ended up hammering when I gave him poo poo for it
atoramos: always have a hard time reading him. he has actually picked fights which is more townie but unfortunately has spent too much time going over mafia 101
orvin: newbie hasn't said anything interesting, votes have always been on popular candidates
samfucious: stupid town hasn't said anything interesting except OMGUS

turn up the heat on king of bleh imo

##vote: King of Bleh

D1 you said that Canuckistan was your second choice. I know he's out now pending replacement, but assuming CE was your first choice, why didn't you drop a vote on Canuck in this post? You switch your focus to KoB, but I just went through your post history and you don't mention him much, spending a LOT more time on Canuck. You are the person who pushes so hard for people to drop votes on who they think are most likely scum, why didn't you follow your own advice?

##vote Alasdair Crawfish

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Your vote on Atoramos makes more sense, did you temporarily forget your own meta or was this a slip?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Unrelated question: are the forums absolutely chugging for anyone else?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

King of Bleh posted:

It's a 9 player game down to a 7 player game it's not like it's that difficult to read all 8 pages of a thread.

Samfucius posted:

Unrelated question: are the forums absolutely chugging for anyone else?

Yea there's some issue, it seems to be speeding up. If you went looking for people who were colluding with Alasdair why didn't you care about these posts:

Atoramos posted:

Hey could you explain how its scummy to be the first one to scumhunt? Isn't throwing stones and riling up a serious day 1 discussion a good thing? Unless your not one of the 'Serious Folk'...

King of Bleh posted:

I would also like you to expound on your reasoning here.

Again, why? Followup question, how serious do you think he is, and how does that factor into your answer?

which were the two posts suggesting what he did wasn't scummy?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Mafia is a game about internet-dadding your allies into compliance and your foes into submission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Atoramos posted:

It's a 9 player game down to a 7 player game it's not like it's that difficult to read all 8 pages of a thread.

Yea there's some issue, it seems to be speeding up. If you went looking for people who were colluding with Alasdair why didn't you care about these posts:

which were the two posts suggesting what he did wasn't scummy?

Honestly you didn't really engage with me, and while you were voting for me you didn't seem to be pushing for a turbo, which was my big eye raiser. I was looking for something a bit more blatant at the time. Do you still think lynching me is a good idea?

• Locked thread