Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Kelly posted:

Sticky on the front of the Insurgent - ram into people and set it off. The Insurgent can take three or four stickies before it goes.

Thank you to Bisticlz who made my night wonderfully murder-riffic and many pubbies evenings a horrid mess by telling me about that.

That was me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Kelly posted:

Sticky on the front of the Insurgent - ram into people and set it off. The Insurgent can take three or four stickies before it goes.

Thank you to Bisticlz who made my night wonderfully murder-riffic and many pubbies evenings a horrid mess by telling me about that.

Generally I just let the pubbies provide their own stickies for this, but I've done this too to great effect. The count for pubbies that have blown themselves up trying to blow up my Insurgent is around 36. I think my favorite thing is when a pubbie has an rpg and they're firing it on my while I do a 3-point turn and then proceed to run them over because they couldn't get off enough shots in that time. That's only happened like 4 times though.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Brightman posted:

Generally I just let the pubbies provide their own stickies for this, but I've done this too to great effect. The count for pubbies that have blown themselves up trying to blow up my Insurgent is around 36. I think my favorite thing is when a pubbie has an rpg and they're firing it on my while I do a 3-point turn and then proceed to run them over because they couldn't get off enough shots in that time. That's only happened like 4 times though.

That's great - the other day someone was firing RPGs at me and got killed by another car they blew up that landed on them.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
As I was rampaging around with some aussies in my Insurgent, a thought came to me...

Can you call it in on missions, like you can with buzzards?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
You can own one so it shows up outside. No top gunner though.

Game gets boring when everyone is rolling around in one though. Purple Truck Jerk Crew 4 Lyfe.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

i flunked out posted:

Can you call it in on missions, like you can with buzzards?

Yes.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

A goon and I were randomly rampaging around in separate Insurgents a few days ago and we both tried to run over the same guy at the same time and he essentially blocked me from getting the kill. :( I thought the guy might even survive in a little triangle created by the two insurgents and a wall.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I relented and ended up buying a High End apartment, at level 9, right before you get to own multiple properties. Dammit. Anyway, I'd like to find some goons to do the Fleeca heist with, also, do any properties come with a helipad or hanger?

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Right. Time to try and start Prison Break. I'm going on momentarily. Name is Pentler.

Pleeeeease I'm getting so sick of not being able to get 4 to do it :(

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Anime_Otaku posted:

I relented and ended up buying a High End apartment, at level 9, right before you get to own multiple properties. Dammit. Anyway, I'd like to find some goons to do the Fleeca heist with, also, do any properties come with a helipad or hanger?

No even though there is one on top of Richards Majestic.

Best case is to get garage on Exceptionalists Way by the airport. Then you're a quick drive to the airport pads. If you by chance bought Alta St, you're also very close to the heli pads at the La Puerta Docks.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

geeves posted:

Best case is to get garage on Exceptionalists Way by the airport. Then you're a quick drive to the airport pads. If you by chance bought Alta St, you're also very close to the heli pads at the La Puerta Docks.

I'm a fan of the garages right near those, the ones on Greenwitch Parkway. Theres a little back way that puts you right out at the los santos customs, and you can get to the airport pretty easily as well.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I bought and sold a few high end apartments trying to find a view/floor plan I really liked but then ended up with the place I began with and now I'm down to 12,000 dollars. Down from 800,000. Jesus I'm loving dense

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

It's not a high-end apartment but my favorite is Bay City Ave 45 because no one ever comes here and it's cute :3:

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
I just switched from the 360 to the xbone and gently caress this place is a ghost town. I'll play in lobbies and be the only one there

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

omg chael crash posted:

I bought and sold a few high end apartments trying to find a view/floor plan I really liked but then ended up with the place I began with and now I'm down to 12,000 dollars. Down from 800,000. Jesus I'm loving dense

God drat you're perpetually poor.

Stay safe poverty ghost.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I chose Del Perro Heights because I like Santa Monica and everyone else lives in the Century City one.

tyrannosaurus posted:

i just switched from the 360 to the xbone and gently caress this place is a ghost town. i'll play in lobbies and be the only one there

Why on earth would you buy an xbone?

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 24, 2015

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Pubbies keep leaving in the middle of our heist setups *grimacing emoji*

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Tyrannosaurus posted:

I just switched from the 360 to the xbone and gently caress this place is a ghost town. I'll play in lobbies and be the only one there

Could be a connection thing. I constantly have NAT and connectivity problems(on PS4), and I am usually always dumped into solo lobbies because I can't connect up with anything or anyone.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Reverse Centaur posted:

Why on earth would you buy an xbone?

Forza. No seriously it's amazing. And the controllers are so much better and finer control with R/L 2

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Tyrannosaurus posted:

I'm on XBone too, I'm in Scotland so time zones might be an issue but add me if you like.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

omg chael crash posted:

At least you didn't waste your money on boa..............

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Anime_Otaku posted:

I'm on XBone too, I'm in Scotland so time zones might be an issue but add me if you like.

What's your gt? I'm OldStNichols

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

omg chael crash posted:

Jesus you're loving dense.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Tyrannosaurus posted:

What's your gt? I'm OldStNichols

Wraith108, might send friend requests to the East US goons, the time difference shouldn't be too harsh.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Anyone want to heist right now? Bored and all of my friends are playing Bloodborne. PS4: literallygary

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

omg chael crash posted:

Anyone want to heist right now? Bored and all of my friends are playing Bloodborne. PS4: literallygary

Well you sure didn't last long. Here I am and you're nowhere to be found. Whattabitch.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Now I have played only the Fleeca thing and the Trevor heist, what a weird fuckin grab bag.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

DANGER ZOOOOONE

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Just watching Mr. Dread crash his bike, nbd.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

One of the biggest perks of the armored Kuruma is being able to trick pubbies into thinking I'm competent during contact missions because I can singlehandedly do a bunch of 'em now :getin:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

geeves posted:

Is there like a quick teleport portal thing to the roof at least?

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Armored Kuruma or Insurgent? I'm sitting on some money and would like some advice on how to burn it

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

If it were me--and it has been--I'd go Kuruma first and burn through missions and heists with it until I could afford the other one. Both are good for loving around in freemode from what I understand but I don't have an Insurgent or even a Technical yet (still need to do the heist for the former smh)

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

One of the biggest perks of the armored Kuruma is being able to trick pubbies into thinking I'm competent during contact missions because I can singlehandedly do a bunch of 'em now :getin:

I like that you can use it to do Rooftop Rumble via remote play in about 3-4 minutes, and then if you want to kill time to take over 15 minutes, for some reason after collecting the documents, police never spawn, so you can blow a buncha poo poo up for funsies.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

shmee posted:

I like that you can use it to do Rooftop Rumble via remote play in about 3-4 minutes, and then if you want to kill time to take over 15 minutes, for some reason after collecting the documents, police never spawn, so you can blow a buncha poo poo up for funsies.

You haven't noticed yet that a whole bunch of missions by design prevent cops from spawning? If you want to basically do free roam without other players or cops, most Lester and Gerald missions have cops turned off, for instance. High Priority Case is definitely one that prevents cops from spawning.

Also during deathmatches, if you can leave the main deathmatch area you can rob any Ammunation cash registers with impunity so long as you have a weapon with ammo to shoot the registers.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Kelly posted:

Just watching Mr. Dread crash his bike, nbd.

Hey, there was heisting too :colbert:

To whoever was watching, sorry that the stream crapped out during the finale. I didn't re-start it because the lag it was causing was making crazy poo poo happen.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Thanks freshprince (still not sure of your SA name yet) for the help with my very first heist :3:. Drilling is incredibly hard, so sorry about that ineptitude. I also don't know why the receive volume was so low, all my settings checked out fine so who knows. I'm really glad this heist only required 2 people, as participating in setups with other pubbies is utter hell. I should really get a BT headset sooner or later. It's rather cheesy typing in lingo from the early 2000s.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Avocados posted:

Thanks freshprince (still not sure of your SA name yet) for the help with my very first heist :3:. Drilling is incredibly hard, so sorry about that ineptitude. I also don't know why the receive volume was so low, all my settings checked out fine so who knows. I'm really glad this heist only required 2 people, as participating in setups with other pubbies is utter hell. I should really get a BT headset sooner or later. It's rather cheesy typing in lingo from the early 2000s.

I'm fresh prince, and no problem. next time you want to do a heist tell me and id be glad to help again.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Tyrannosaurus posted:

Armored Kuruma or Insurgent? I'm sitting on some money and would like some advice on how to burn it

I have both. Kuruma is way better for missions/heists, Insurgent is fun for free roam though. I love just building up momentum and smashing into other players' cars with that thing.

Definitely don't buy the Insurgent with the gun, no garage storage or customization and it always spawns miles from you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

The armed insurgent is great, with two players its got the most pubbie smashing power of any vehicle since the days before the tank got totally neutered.

• Locked thread