Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Welcome to Dragon Ball Z Kai Mafia, a role-heavy game for 13+ players.

I went through a lot of possibilities for how to run this. I even got most of the way through a doc where the gimmick was that everyone had so much 'Ki', and it could be used for semi-secret bids for control of the Dragonballs. And then I stopped being sleep-deprived, and rebuilt it as a proper mafia game.

TOWN players win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.
SCUM players win when they permanently control the vote.
OTHER players, if they exist, have their own win conditions.

poo poo to keep in mind
  • You know the rules. No toxxes, no cyphers, etc.
  • It's been a little while since I modded a game, so I might have a couple bumps along the way.
  • I can't promise that this one is perfectly balanced. It is, after all, role-heavy.
  • Every player will have a role. Some are active. Some are passive. Some are basically Vanilla Town with a minor bonus. So I don't quite feel comfortable calling it 'role madness'. It might be close, though.
  • There will be a short twilight phase. If you have a twilight action, I humbly request you preload it if it at all possible.
  • Flavor arguments are always dumb. Here, they will be especially dumb.

I'll try to keep the game relatively quick. 72 hour days to start, with the weekend pushing the deadline to Monday night. Nights will be 24 hours, or less if all actions get in. I have a set-up for 13, but can fit more, if there is demand. (Though I don't suspect there will be at the moment.)

Player List
  1. Amnistairs in your house?
  2. Asinina
  3. bow some more
  4. Chic Trombones can't go Super Saiyan
  5. Whatever Diqnol's username is this week
  6. imgay doesn't need me to make fun of his name.
  7. King of the Bs
  8. I can't come up with a clever name for Kleedrac, so I'm going to call him Nappa.
  9. More Knuckles
  10. Quid knows not what he's getting himself into
  11. RureAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  12. The Saiyan of Suck
  13. TheLam(e)

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sign me up

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I was about to sign up for Bowmore's game against my better judgment (I was going to stop playing for a while) because he asked me to play, but this...this is a game that was made for me. Because, you see, I am Goku.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I was about to sign up for Bowmore's game against my better judgment (I was going to stop playing for a while) because he asked me to play, but this...this is a game that was made for me. Because, you see, I am Goku.

it's alright, I know goku couldn't handle a (mostly) vanilla game

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Wait!!! It's a vanilla only game? DREAM OF DREAMS! I'm playing two at once then!!!!!!!!!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hahaha

oh man I'm stoked for DBZ mafia, I will be Vegeta again

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dragonball isn't my thing, but role madness is, so I'll give this a shot.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'll do this cause it's quick and I only have a few weeks.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I am watching this for the first time (First time ever watching DBZ beyond when it started airing on Toonami and I got to snake road) and Goku just went SSJ for the first time in the Frieza saga and I am so down for this game!! :3

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
I will play op

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Asiina posted:

I'll do this cause it's quick and I only have a few weeks.
I must have missed it ,are you going somewhere? :smith:

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Can I play if 99% of my DBZ knowledge comes from the Abridged series on Youtube?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kleedrac posted:

Can I play if 99% of my DBZ knowledge comes from the Abridged series on Youtube?
Yes.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Then just call me Nappa ;)

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

DBZ was my poo poo when I was 12 or so

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
I like roles, I also like dumb cartoons, so I guess I am going to like this game!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

SIGNING UP LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OKAY KAIOKEN ACHIEVED!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea posted:

SIGNING UP LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OKAY KAIOKEN ACHIEVED!

You get my first vote when the game starts for table breaking. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oops, I quoted your whole post and did it too. :(

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

LOOKS LIKE I NEED TO GET STRONGER.
ILL HAVE TO TRIPLE MY KAIOKEN
BODY DONT LET ME DOWN NOW!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Please give me a vig.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Asiina posted:

Please give me a viegeta.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

(not a signup)

Morn I'm glad you're sticking around and playing more games.

I've um
long been a fan of your tweeting :shobon:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

(not a signup)

Morn I'm glad you're sticking around and playing more games.

I've um
long been a fan of your tweeting :shobon:
You should totally sign up.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

That was a quick callout.

(Not you Pmush.)

(I'm the french canadian who faved it)

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
still in signups and there's already intrigue in this game

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i don't actually tweet much at all, i just follow cool people~

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow this looks mad cool. DBZ is awesome.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
can I be krillin, I haven't seen GT but I think he's probably sleeper OP

i have seen gt, it kinda sucked

I actually want to be ssj4 gogeta hook me up 3P sk godfather mason with everyone in the game lynch-wiper (everyone who votes me dies simultaneously)

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Rurea posted:

LOOKS LIKE I NEED TO GET STRONGER.
ILL HAVE TO TRIPLE MY KAIOKEN
BODY DONT LET ME DOWN NOW!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LOL THE QUOTE CAN'T EVEN CONTAIN THIS POWER!!!

If I had to guess I'd say there are more than 9000 A's there..

edit: awwww if you preview a quote of that post the A's break out of the box :(

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I'm game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TheRam posted:

can I be krillin, I haven't seen GT but I think he's probably sleeper OP

i have seen gt, it kinda sucked

I actually want to be ssj4 gogeta hook me up 3P sk godfather mason with everyone in the game lynch-wiper (everyone who votes me dies simultaneously)

Kai != GT

Kai is Z with half of the filler and a much shittier theme song.

Hey, so guys, do you know which DBZ dub you were raised on? When I was hanging out with my brother's compsci roomates the other night, it came up that if you heard Vegeta say "It's over 9000!" that you heard the ocean dub (as aired on the original toonami) but that most people heard a different, newer dub. 90s kid power ftw...!!!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I didn't think Kai was GT.

I watched DBZ which was on Cartoon Network in the UK, and I watched GT, which aired after on CN too.

I can't actually remember if there was just "Dragon Ball" with stuff starting before Raditz/Namek but I'm pretty sure I watched it if there was. Also a handful of movies. It's surprisingly hard to torrent DBZ stuff.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

pretty sure my one had all the filler since "5 minutes to namek exploding" was at least 4 episodes..

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I've never watched any of the dbz movies :(

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

But... Brolly :(

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I know! I've heard they're really good too (well, brolly/cooler) but I just can't help but rewatch the wire instead

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Almost all the movies are terribad, except the first Brolly one.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I know! I've heard they're really good too (well, brolly/cooler) but I just can't help but rewatch the wire instead

I dropped off the wire mid season 1, I'll do it again sometime it was clearly a good show.

I liked The Shield does that make me horrible? It wasn't Breaking Bad good... but it was hype when Vick Mackey or w/e went around busting skulls etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Asiina posted:

Almost all the movies are terribad, except the first Brolly one.
Excuse you. Bardock: Father of Goku was pretty okay, and Battle of the Gods is really good.

• Locked thread