Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RichterIX posted:

Are there graphical overhauls in DMC4SE vs. the PC version? I can't remember if the game looked that good before.

I think it's gotten some minor touch-ups but DMC4 always looked absurdly good and ran on a toaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

RichterIX posted:

Are there graphical overhauls in DMC4SE vs. the PC version? I can't remember if the game looked that good before.

No graphical differences in the trailer as far as I can tell. DMC4 has always been a pretty nice looking game.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I think it's gotten some minor touch-ups but DMC4 always looked absurdly good and ran on a toaster.

Capcom ought to take advantage of MT Framework and its mystical ability to run and look good on anything more. But then again, Capcom.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I've always felt like adding one more boss fight instead of the 2nd frog fight would have made the game perfect.

Actually thinking back on it the blade spinning ice castle level is a slog that I hate doing everytime, but DMC4 has the actual best combat in any game ever so I just put up with it.

Bloodborne/DMC4 isn't enough to sell me a PS4, but one more character action game will be the straw that breaks my back for sure.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Thought they upresed some of the textures perhaps?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
DMC4 is still a great looking game today, especially the cutscenes. I'm really glad they did them all as real time in-engine scenes, it means all the new characters and goofy costumes will carry over. Can't wait to see boss Dante clowning on Lady for once.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Bloodborne/DMC4 isn't enough to sell me a PS4, but one more character action game will be the straw that breaks my back for sure.
I'd be in the same boat if this wasn't coming out for PC too.

Sorry I did not notice Vergil's had his two other weapons in this. I really loved switching between all three in DMC3 and his version of Beowulf was the best.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

I've always felt like adding one more boss fight instead of the 2nd frog fight would have made the game perfect.

Actually thinking back on it the blade spinning ice castle level is a slog that I hate doing everytime, but DMC4 has the actual best combat in any game ever so I just put up with it.

The boss fight it needed in the campaign was Credo vs Dante. Too bad Credo caught a fatal case of plot death, and you can only access the fight through Bloody Palace.

And yeah, DMC4 has the best combat, which is complemented by the best enemy selection (save for one CHIMERAAAAS). Admittedly, two of them are literally taken from the first game, but standouts like Blitzes and the knights help it stand on its own.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I'll never forget the way I felt about blitzes on my first normal playthrough, like I should just bring it back to Gamestop.

Now I SSS them in seconds flat and feel like a king.

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
Well, looks like I'm buying this a third time. Got it on 360 at release, on Steam on sale for five bux and here we go again

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

J2DK posted:

Well, looks like I'm buying this a third time. Got it on 360 at release, on Steam on sale for five bux and here we go again

I have played through DMC4's main campaign four times. When I am finished with SE, it's going to be sixteen times :unsmigghh:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Please, for the love of all that is good and pure, give us a code to unlock all the poo poo. I don't wanna grind up my DT and healthbar and unlock DMD mode again.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Please, for the love of all that is good and pure, give us a code to unlock all the poo poo. I don't wanna grind up my DT and healthbar and unlock DMD mode again.

we have such sights to show you

I still got my DMC4 save somewhere, actually. Maybe they could import saves from the first PC port; was that a thing with DMC3 -> SE saves on the consoles?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
DMC3SE unlocked Vergil mode if it detected a DMC3 save on your memory card.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Blitz are just charged up Blades from DMC 1 anyway

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
:siren: TRIGGER WARNING! :siren:

Some more info on Vergil's Motivation Meter Concentration Gauge:

quote:

The blue gauge in the upper left corner is Vergil‘s Concentration Gauge. It has three levels. The higher the level, the more powerful attacks you‘ll be able to perform.

Increasing The Gauge
Vergil can build the Concentration Gauge by landing attacks on enemies and by dodging their attacks.

Losing Gauge
Getting hit by enemy attacks or running will cause the gauge to deplete. Missing attacks will also deplete the gauge, so you‘ll have to be efficient with your attacks during battle.

The gauge has three levels of function:

Concentration Gauge Level 0

This is Vergil‘s weakest strength level. Don‘t just attack carelessly; build up your gauge first.

Concentration Gauge Level 1

This is Vergil‘s standard strength level. Try not to fall below this level.

Concentration Gauge Max Level

This is Vergil‘s maximum strength level. At this level, Vergil gains a significant increase in attack range and strength. There are moves that can only be performed at this level, so you‘ll need to reach max concentration to access Vergil‘s most powerful techniques.
---

Air Trick:

Mark your target with a Summoned Sword, then close the distance with high-speed movement. Use multiple Summoned Swords to travel quickly between enemies.

Vergil's three weapons are confirmed as Yamato, Beowulf and Force Edge, with their movesets from DMC3 (Round Trip, Lunar Phase, et al). But he no longer has his Darkslayer Style (that having been replaced, funtionally with the gauge and his Air Trick moves - so no real loss).

Few other general games things as well:

quote:

Auto-Save
The game now saves automatically every time you clear a story mission, meaning you can keep playing as much as you want without having to worry about saving your progress!

Increased Item Acquisition Rate
The rate at which you will acquire Proud Souls and Red Orbs, which are used for buying skills and items, has been increased! Unlock moves faster and get the items you need to help you clear missions!

Souce: http://www.capcom.co.jp/devil4se/en/index.html?la=en

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 2, 2015

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo, they really added in the running thing, that's hilarious.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Noooo, don't increase the drop rate, just make everything unlockable

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Pureauthor posted:

Noooo, don't increase the drop rate, just make everything unlockable

I'm sure someone will get everything and post a cleared save file within a week of release.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
I guess this is how they're slotting Vergil into the story.

quote:

Vergil is Dante's twin brother, and he also carries the bloodline of Sparda. Unlike Dante, he embraces his demonic heritage. Intrigued by the Order of the Sword, who worship Sparda as a god, he pays a visit to Fortuna many years before Dante's arrival.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Go check out the actual site too; there's a load of cool poo poo about Vergil's moveset. More than one ground Yamato combo for one thing, as well as Devil Trigger buffing some of his moves just like Dante's DT Stinger being a giant AoE drill.

Brutakas posted:

I guess this is how they're slotting Vergil into the story.

Literal Uncle Dante now ~canon~

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is pretty drat awesome that Vergil has an actual role on the plot but it is very dissapointing tha they didn't brought him back for good.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Alacron posted:

I'm sure someone will get everything and post a cleared save file within a week of release.

Your friendly neighborhood pirate group will release an unlocker within like 24 hours. Or you could use Cheat Engine to give yourself two billion red/proud souls like 2 minutes after the game comes out.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is pretty drat awesome that Vergil has an actual role on the plot but it is very dissapointing tha they didn't brought him back for good.

He got killed.

And then exploded.

And then his corpse bits was used to make the Angel armours.

As far as death goes, that's pretty dead.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pureauthor posted:

He got killed.

And then exploded.

And then his corpse bits was used to make the Angel armours.

As far as death goes, that's pretty dead.

Well yeah, but isnt like DMC is known for having a deep and realistic plot.
Just bullshit a way to bring Vergil back, I doubt anyone would complaint.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's not like it really matters. Dude's been in every DMC game except the super-lovely one by this point and our odds of another DMC aren't great anyway.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well yeah, but isnt like DMC is known for having a deep and realistic plot.
Just bullshit a way to bring Vergil back, I doubt anyone would complaint.

Brb Nero, just going to hell to get your dad's broken soul back.

---

ImpAtom posted:

It's not like it really matters. Dude's been in every DMC game except the super-lovely one by this point and our odds of another DMC aren't great anyway.

Yeah, pretty much.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

My favorite incarnation of Vergil is the one where he goes by "Nelo Angelo"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pesky Splinter posted:

You have to admit it would be perfectly in character for Dante to pull that :v:

ImpAtom posted:

Just let me dream :(

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

My favorite incarnation of Vergil is the one where he goes by "Nelo Angelo"

And is 10 foot tall for some reason.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Pesky Splinter posted:

Watch the store while I'm gone and God help you if you eat my pizza.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

That loving Sned posted:

And is 10 foot tall for some reason.

Only in the third fight where he goes SSJ.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

toasterwarrior posted:

The boss fight it needed in the campaign was Credo vs Dante. Too bad Credo caught a fatal case of plot death, and you can only access the fight through Bloody Palace.

Have they fixed this? I haven't really been following SE because it's a no-brainer buy and I want to be pleasantly surprised

Vergil looks like he could have a pretty high skill ceiling + also own a lot

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Pesky Splinter posted:

---

Yeah, pretty much.

Then they can bring back Lucia! :haw:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

Then they can bring back Lucia! :haw:

Excuse me you'll find that DMC2 was a far-future sequel to all the other games and thus Lucia doesn't exist yet.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ImpAtom posted:

Excuse me you'll find that DMC2 was a far-future sequel to all the other games and thus Lucia doesn't exist yet.
It is the Tokio Drift of the franchise (disregarding F&F 7), except instead of cool Han we got Lucia. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Where can I pre-oreder the limited edition for this game since the west isn't getting a physical release apparently?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

http://www.play-asia.com/ is what I usually use, they have the both the vanilla and limited edition there.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I found a CDJapan version for like about 40 bucks less after I posted that, lol.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEODAI-8148

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know much of the lore about the DMC games, so I was wondering how do humans manage to survive in the DMC world? The world looks pretty modern like ours, but there seems to be demons everywhere too (at least whenever Dante and the other characters are around), so how do normal people live in the world? Is it normal for people to find demons, or is it rare?

• Locked thread