Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

you're doing the same thing...

:wth:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Lets end this day and dunk somber tomorrow.

##vote no lynch

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Fml.

##unvote ##vote no lynch

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Cpig posted:

Lights out is something where it is beneficial for town to limit their lynches to 1 or 2 while the scum want to lead the charge and try to get multiple mislynches.

No, town should lynch probably 2-4 per day, minimum, with no one leading the charge; instead, fruitful conversation and reason prevailing. You're pretty much making poo poo up in an effort to make me look bad which i guess nothing's rly changed around here

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Okay, sure, two flips is plenty. It's not a bad number of flips at all. In fact, it's a totally okay number of flips.

You know what's better than two flips though? Two flips and then another third-party flip.

Their team literally has a secondary win condition that they are keeping secret.

Also I agree with all of this, how are people finding somb scummy this is ridiculous

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

winvirus posted:

No, town should lynch probably 2-4 per day, minimum, with no one leading the charge; instead, fruitful conversation and reason prevailing. You're pretty much making poo poo up in an effort to make me look bad which i guess nothing's rly changed around here

Im not making poo poo up, What I am saying has been the general consensus in every lights out game I've played!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:redhammer:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Conventional wisdom is wrong a lot of the time.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

Conventional wisdom is wrong a lot of the time.

that's a weird way to spell "Cpig"

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hi sorry for the delay. Busy busy busy busy day in my life.

Flavor later maybe.

:s: numerik, Alonso de la Reys, Veteran (town-aligned elite bodyguard), modkilled. :s:
:s: Jedit, Augusto Tigroso, Killer (mafia-aligned hitman), executed. :s:

Night actions! I will allow 24 hours from this post (3:35am est). Tomorrow promises to be a lot less crazy.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
wins32767 is replaced by chaoslord

Also I still need night actions from a substantial number of players. All actions must be PM'd, I won't accept other forms of submission.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
AN EXPLANATION AND AN APOLOGY:

So as you all know (or should know) I have had a crazy couple of days. The better stalker would know it is because I moved to a foreign land, unknown and yet not unfamiliar. The 25th was spent on an airplane, and then seeing my formerly-ex-but-now-currently-current-again roommate slash platonic true love, and us going to ikea and target and grocery shopping and then drinking copious amounts of cheap cheap wine while watching cartoons. It was a good day.

Yesterday the furniture was delivered so we went shopping, got stuck in traffic on the way back, and then assembled furniture and ate pizza and drank beer and watched the Walking Dead. It was another good day.

Today she goes back to her real life outside of me and I likewise, which among many other things for me includes this mafia game.

"But ecco you knew you were moving months ago why did you open/start a mafia game and then make it a lights out and then not make the deadline fall on the 25th or 2--"

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UPPppppp

"That's all well and good but you couldn't just check your phone for five minutes and clo--"

OH MY GOSH GOLLY MOLLY

"And why couldn't you just check the scumdoc for actions rather than post at one in the mo--"

JEEPERS CREEPERS I AM A FLAWED CHARACTER IT IS WHAT MAKES ME INTERESTING

So yes. From here on out I should have a normal schedule, and can thus actually manage this game with the level of attention both it requires and y'all deserve. Sorry about that.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

*fart*

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
As the sun rose on the town, the villagers were disappointed but not surprised to learn that jedit, though an assassin, was not operating alone. Winvirus was found murdered in his bed at night, his tongue sliced out and his eyeballs gouged. In blood on his white bedsheets (gently caress I forgot to buy bedsheets) is a crudely-drawn sigil for the Assassins' Guild. They say the tongue is stronger than the coldest steel; winvirus's tongue had gotten him out of so many other scraps in the past, it seems the only way he could be defeated was by removing it.

:s: winvirus, ???, ??? (???-aligned ???), was murdered night 1. :s:

It is now Day 2.
:h: With 18 alive it takes 10 votes to be executed.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Monday, March 30th, ~11PM EST.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 2, 2015

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sorry you got modkilled Numerrik.

##vote anonymous narcotics

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm sorry I didn't think somber was scum before.

##vote somber

(Phone posting, case later)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm sure your case will be very good but it will also be wrong.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

What a weird thing to say.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

What a weird thing to say.

:agreed:

Is this buddying or does Somber think he got caught doing a scummy thing?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Here's Somber's content about Jedit, chronologically

Defending him from Ernie calling him scummy:

Jedit posted:

Lest you think I'm tunnelling: other people on my "shopping list" for today are T9L, Pin Mom and Quandary. I already explained the first, but for the other I'm pretty drat sure that Quandary and Pin Mom are not on the same team. I am phone posting right now and will not be around at deadline because it's 3am here, but there's a window between where I should be able to explain in more detail.

Ernie. posted:

Can someone read Jedit's post that I quoted above and tell me if you get a vibe of 'i have to list players, now, so i'll list two town and one scum to confuse people if i flip'? That feels like that kind of post.

Somberbrero posted:

Not at all.

When I vote Jedit:

Somberbrero posted:

But, Narco!

When trying to deflect the thread away from Jedit and onto ANarc:

Somberbrero posted:

It only takes a moment to vote.

Come on, what is the worst that will happen? Who even cares about Jedit, let's kill the spooky mystery crew.

Somber is Jedit's scumbuddy. He wants people to move off Jedit, but never actually gives an opinion about Jedit.

He's spent the rest of the time in the game throwing up ink jets of confusing (and often contradictory) alignment chat, he's not revisiting his reads in light of the flips (it doesn't matter to him that ANarc and I were among the people pushing most for dunking someone who ended up being scum yesterday!). Slam dunk.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

:agreed:

Is this buddying or does Somber think he got caught doing a scummy thing?

I was belligerent and very wrong yesterday.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Well, to be fair, you weren't even wrong about Jedit, because that would imply having stated an opinion about him. You just played interference for him :sun:.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Well, to be fair, you weren't even wrong about Jedit, because that would imply having stated an opinion about him. You just played interference for him :sun:.

I'm not disagreeing, Jedit was not my focus and I didn't think he was scum.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hello you all remember when i went 'jedit's post is listing 2 townies and 1 scum'

well trust me when i say that ##vote quandary

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie! Weren't you the least bit curious to see how Quandary responded to my case on Somber before dropping that?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

Ernie! Weren't you the least bit curious to see how Quandary responded to my case on Somber before dropping that?

not especially, he can still respond to it but now with extra pressure :D

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"Quandary who thinks he's safe responding to the case on Somber" would have been a lot more informative than "Quandary who knows he's getting dunked responding to the case on Somber" :mad:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow, was glad Jedit ended up scum. I really think Ernie might be onto something, so I'll throw a vote to him.
##vote quandary

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pushing for a lynch on someone who flipped scum has absolutely no bearing on someone who is claimed 3P. That point is extremely self-serving and misleading.

I want to "dunk" Somber and PintMom today.

I am going to re-read Quandary in light of the flips.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

##vote quandary

Why did win get killed last night? That's a weird choice.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

imgay posted:

Wow, was glad Jedit ended up scum. I really think Ernie might be onto something, so I'll throw a vote to him.
##vote quandary

HUGE FoS on this post, BTW. Smaller FoS on Little Mac, because I don't know his history RE: Quandary yesterday.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

FoS?

Making a show of "re-reading Quandary" is silly, we know he's getting dunked.

And yeah, killing winv was weird in light of Jedit flipping scum. winv coming in after he died with "gj guys you totally caught a scum" made him look suspish.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

FoS?

~ finger of shame ~

Okay ##vote Quandary

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Does a finger of shame indicate scumminess or just bad play?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Amoeba102 posted:

Quandry definitely reads like he believed Ernie's claim. But then he's all about it being faked. He seemed more into exploiting an easy vote than CPig. I'm also inclined to say Ernie is more guilty of exploiting an easy vote than CPig, but less than Quandry is.
Re-reading Quandary, he definitely hedges everything about Ernie with an "if". He's talking Policy Lynch poo poo and not talking Ernie Lynch.

Q's first vote on Jedit and immediate pull-off reads like distancing to me, he went elsewhere when the tides changed.

Pinterest Mom posted:

that's not the town alignment name
revolutionaries don't have elite bodyguards, kings do
bodyguards don't seek out and kill people

This stands out as a bullshit attempt to pile more onto numerik. Claimed 3P, again, folks.

Who is the "mason crew" that Q referenced? (I missed basically all of yesterday)

Q's vote for Nolynch reads, to me, like nonsense.

Quandary posted:

So as far as I understand it we have claimed two confirmed pro-town 3P masons, one of whom has confirmed that merk is true town-aligned and not 3P, in addition to numerik who was allegedly a different pro-town 3P.

Clearly we have a very strange setup and at this point trying to make sense of and lynch based on it is going to hurt us. I don't feel that any of Anon/Merk/P-mom have been outright scummy and I don't want to lynch them

##Vote no Lynch

This is all hmming and hawing over setup, no conviction, no opinion.

##vote Quandary

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pinterest Mom posted:

FoS?

And yeah, killing winv was weird in light of Jedit flipping scum. winv coming in after he died with "gj guys you totally caught a scum" made him look suspish.

Finger of Suspicion, not Shame. Those posts are suspicious to me.

I did not read yesterday, so "knowing" he's getting dunked is not something that I currently know.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

a worthy uhh posted:

Finger of Suspicion, not Shame. Those posts are suspicious to me.

I did not read yesterday, so "knowing" he's getting dunked is not something that I currently know.

Five posts above your first post today, Ernie is softclaiming a result on Quandary.

Mason crew is me + ANarc, confirmed to share an alignment, and ANarc+merk.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

And to elucidate why, the imgay post is "Haw, we caught us a scum!" poo poo that is almost always a scumpost.

Little Mac dropped a no-content vote on Q, but I am willing to bet that he was pro-Q-lynch yesterday.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Ernie is also 3P so I am more than willing to bet that he is fakesoftclaiming his way to "confirmation"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Why do you say Ernie is 3p?

• Locked thread