Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Mod Note: For future reference, posting or faking posting your role PM is generally grounds for a modkill, but as I elided it from the OP I'm going to let it pass. Don't do it in the future.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

flatluigi posted:

Mod Note: For future reference, posting or faking posting your role PM is generally grounds for a modkill, but as I elided it from the OP I'm going to let it pass. Don't do it in the future.

Don't lie, your shaking your head and softly laughing right now.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The oh dear part is incredibly foreboding.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The phrasing is still really weird, yeah.

Also, I'm actually laughing really hard right now. I can only imagine what flatluigi's response was.

Anyways, ##vote Ghostly Gangsta

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

The oh dear part is incredibly foreboding.

As though the role investigation would catch him out, but he's safe from alignment investigations? Yeah, and the fact that it's a CYOR would necessitate that to be clearly laid out.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

flatluigi posted:

Sorry everyone, I'm an idiot!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Sorry everyone, I'm an idiot!

I'll just blame Doctor Idle.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Let's all kill scum where we know we have a 50% chance instead of where we don't know if we even have a 25% chance.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

Let's all kill scum where we know we have a 50% chance instead of where we don't know if we even have a 25% chance.

Ok, show me the 50% chance?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opop max little Mac rurea

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

Opop max little Mac rurea

Shark?

Also, if GG's a Godfather, it's 25% there as well.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

If shark is scum I'll let them win. Their reads and mine overlapped 100% d1.

Also gg could have claimed anything in the world. They didn't need to bring suspicion onto themselves. And I find 5 scum + 1 3p unlikely in this game because it means lylo is after a single miscuddle.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I think its max and rurea. Shark and opop seem unconcerned about interacting with other people on the list.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

If shark is scum I'll let them win. Their reads and mine overlapped 100% d1.

Also gg could have claimed anything in the world. They didn't need to bring suspicion onto themselves. And I find 5 scum + 1 3p unlikely in this game because it means lylo is after a single miscuddle.

Where are you getting 5 scum now? We were assuming four scum, two still alive. GG as a godfather invalidates the idea that the last two have to be in the second list.

Why GG claimed that is a decent point, which I'd counter with "he quoted his role PM." I think he made a mistake, pure and simple; I see no reason a town player needs to have the power explained in that manner.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

I think its max and rurea. Shark and opop seem unconcerned about interacting with other people on the list.

I'd switch back to Rurea. I'm not feeling Max.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ecco told us there were 3 scum on her list. GG was not on that list. Meaning there were 4 scum investigated by ecco...

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

Ecco told us there were 3 scum on her list. GG was not on that list. Meaning there were 4 scum investigated by ecco...

That was via process of elimination and not a direct result of her power, and if GG is a godfather he shouldn't have been eliminated.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If you really want to vote me, please vote me first. Lynching me later in the game will be increasingly more dangerous for town.

But ##vote GG because come on.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i feel like i'm being trolled right now

why is pmush playing so ... anti-town?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

why did all our vigs use their vigs in a selfish way (except mac)?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

why are both max and byers voting a guy who posted his role pm?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I should self-vote given the no-no I did. I feel reaaally dumb about it, but I'm keeping my vote on Opop.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Because we all know who the scum really is, but we're all hiding it from you.

Don't click below, or you'll learn the truth...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

The whole game was a setup to troll you ernie

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

Partial role PM that doesn't prove alignment and is written in a way that suggests he's a BAD GUY.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ernie. posted:

Because he claimed something called godfather?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

well i give up, i feel like the only one actually putting a sensible effort in ever since d1

shark mafia you control my vote for the rest of the game

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

well i give up, i feel like the only one actually putting a sensible effort in ever since d1

shark mafia you control my vote for the rest of the game

You missed D2 and D3 because they were turbos, but they were scum turbos. How are we not putting in a sensible effort?

Seriously, what's up with you this game? You ok?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

You missed D2 and D3 because they were turbos, but they were scum turbos. How are we not putting in a sensible effort?

Seriously, what's up with you this game? You ok?

i'm perfectly okay

those scum turbos were thanks to ecco who was very very clear about her role and calls

and now no one is listening to her anymore

and the person being voted the most right now claimed godfather when it would serve no scum advantage, and posted their role pm under stress, and people still think they're scum

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I actually don't understand what you're saying Ernie. GG just claimed a godfather game. He's been playing a scummy game this whole time, but I wrote him off because Ecco cleared him. But if he's literally claiming that his result will always be Good Guy, I can think of no possible reason for that ability except in a universe where he is not a Good Guy in actuality.

Why do you believe him?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i just feel like if i remain emotionally invested in the outcome of this game i'm going to get ~angry~ and i'd rather just not

if you have a problem with me giving me vote to shark, then tell me why it should be you that has it :3:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ernie. posted:

i'm perfectly okay

those scum turbos were thanks to ecco who was very very clear about her role and calls

and the person being voted the most right now claimed godfather when it would serve no scum advantage, and posted their role pm under stress, and people still think they're scum

It's been stated before that GG is new. I can guess that's why GG thought it was OK to post a role PM, and your assumption is based on someone being a skilled or vet scum player. GG is not that in fact (sorry GG)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

yuming posted:

##vote gg

Tell me more about the crazy things you read.

unprompted bus on the godfather? you believe scum yuming would do this?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ernie. posted:

i just feel like if i remain emotionally invested in the outcome of this game i'm going to get ~angry~ and i'd rather just not

if you have a problem with me giving me vote to shark, then tell me why it should be you that has it :3:

Look, I'd rather you own your vote. Everything about the last few days was very quick because of the Ecco thing. I've seen some actual effort today, and I'm wondering why you think no one is putting it forth.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

i'm perfectly okay

Hiip was me, not an Ecco investigation, and was built on interaction and posting. That's effort.

My argument is that there's no reason for that role to be written in that manner for town. I can't explain how claiming godfather is part of some grand scum gambit, but it doesn't matter. GG was scummy late in D1 and pressure only died because of Ecco's investigation. His claimed role invalidates that investigation, and I think he made a mistake in claiming it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ernie. posted:

I dunno man. I don't feel comfortable leaving the claimed godfather in the game though.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

Flip it around. It's GG's second game and yuming spent a lot of that first game as his cheerleader. Why would she come out hard against him for no reason in this game, period?

Best guess? They decided to in the scumdoc. It explains yuming's vote there, which I can't otherwise explain from what I know of her.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers2142 posted:

Hiip was me, not an Ecco investigation, and was built on interaction and posting. That's effort.

My argument is that there's no reason for that role to be written in that manner for town. I can't explain how claiming godfather is part of some grand scum gambit, but it doesn't matter. GG was scummy late in D1 and pressure only died because of Ecco's investigation. His claimed role invalidates that investigation, and I think he made a mistake in claiming it.

I want to +1 this, because it's the major reason for my vote now. GG has played a scummy game, and now the cop result doesn't protect him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

you know what

this is entirely pointless

i will never vote GG because he posted his role PM

that's a game-breaking post

can i request a modkill on gg?

• Locked thread