Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I want some good Spoiler pictures of the new STar Wars up in here!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

juche mane posted:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't know what I expected.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

looks mean

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

juche mane posted:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hey man have you guys seen that George Lucas' special edition of the new trailer LOL

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

I love this, thank you!

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

It took a few seconds.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Remember that excellent TIE Fighter animation from a couple of years ago? The full thing was just released.

My only complaint is that the music makes it seem more like a music video than a full short film.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 24, 2015

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
It's a shame about that soundtrack, pairing it with the Endar Spire music makes it much more tense.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

HIJK posted:

It's a shame about that soundtrack, pairing it with the Endar Spire music makes it much more tense.

Seriously even without the crappy music I didn't think it was possible to make something involving TIE Fighters sound this dull. Drowns out all the sound effects.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

The original short kind of gave me a headache, not sure why

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That wanna-be metal garbage just about ruined one of the better Star Wars animations I've ever seen. Who's brother's band is that? loving awful.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

omg chael crash posted:

The original short kind of gave me a headache, not sure why
Jerky camera movements, floaty 3D models, weird rotoscoped characters.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
If someone can fix the music by making it something not garbage and turn up the noises that aren't someone's garage band, I will buy them a forums upgrade of their choice, so :toxx: me.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

kiimo posted:

That wanna-be metal garbage just about ruined one of the better Star Wars animations I've ever seen. Who's brother's band is that? loving awful.

Yeah, the first minute and a half was fine, and then the soundtrack thought it was in a monster truck compilation video for some reason.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I assumed they were going for maximum Top Gun points.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

It seems like they wanted some Bubblegum Crisis 80s anime music to go with the 80s anime look but it is waaaay too high in the mix. The animation is pretty snazzy though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

Remember that excellent TIE Fighter animation from a couple of years ago? The full thing was just released.

My only complaint is that the music makes it seem more like a music video than a full short film.

I don't wanna poo poo on someones 4 years of work, but so much about this is all over the place. The music is terrible and the worse part, but there is a lot about this in other ways that is not that good. Dude could probably use it to land himself a sweet job though. Would still go good in a portfolio I would think.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah, there are a few weird edits in there. Nothing too bad, just feels really off.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

I am unreasonably bothered by the angle of the Star Destroyers. In my mind I turn them to be horizontal and now every other character looks like they're drunk.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

The music sucks but it's also nice to be reminded that Star Wars can be cool and at least a little dark, since very little that's come out in the last decade has been either. And I guess it's no coincidence that there are no Jedi around, the dogfighting was always the coolest stuff anyway. Hopefully the upcoming movies rein in all the over the top acrobatics and Force use of the prequels, poo poo's boring.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The announcement of Rogue One suggests the focus groups were saying the same thing.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

McDowell posted:

The announcement of Rogue One suggests the focus groups were saying the same thing.
I want copious amounts of speeder vs walker action.

In an populated city center.

That will make me happy.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Uhhh, for a solo effort of just a dude sitting down and working on weekends, that's pretty fuckin' amazing. Soundtrack notwithstanding.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I like the soundtrack. I picture this as an imperial recruitment video.

Join up, kick rebel scum's arse.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Fangz posted:

I like the soundtrack. I picture this as an imperial recruitment video.

Join up, kick rebel scum's arse.

I approve of this interpretation.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Cognac McCarthy posted:

The music sucks but it's also nice to be reminded that Star Wars can be cool and at least a little dark, since very little that's come out in the last decade has been either. And I guess it's no coincidence that there are no Jedi around, the dogfighting was always the coolest stuff anyway. Hopefully the upcoming movies rein in all the over the top acrobatics and Force use of the prequels, poo poo's boring.

Seeing a Correlian Cruiser in action and blowing up was definitely the highlight of the video for me. After watching some videos of modern video game space dogfights, I really want to see an OT-era full on space battle. Like a good version of the ROTS intro, but without the overly busy compositions, buzz droids, and dumb banter.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

Seeing a Correlian Cruiser in action and blowing up was definitely the highlight of the video for me. After watching some videos of modern video game space dogfights, I really want to see an OT-era full on space battle. Like a good version of the ROTS intro, but without the overly busy compositions, buzz droids, and dumb banter.

In a video game, or the new movie? EA is revealing Star Wars Battlefront 3 very soon, so maybe there'll be something in there. :D

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

I said come in! posted:

In a video game, or the new movie? EA is revealing Star Wars Battlefront 3 very soon, so maybe there'll be something in there. :D

True. And rumor has it that it's mostly an OT focused game. That's something I'd buy an Oculus for. But I meant film.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

feedmyleg posted:

True. And rumor has it that it's mostly an OT focused game. That's something I'd buy an Oculus for. But I meant film.

I've also been hearing rumors that there's planned DLC that's going to come out at the same time as Episode VII with levels/characters from the new movie. I'm not a fan of most DLC, but that would be pretty great.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Four Score posted:

If someone can fix the music by making it something not garbage and turn up the noises that aren't someone's garage band, I will buy them a forums upgrade of their choice, so :toxx: me.

Challenge accepted. (Just mute the left side.)

SuperMechagodzilla fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 25, 2015

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Personally I hope for all the characters being in-character huge fanboys of Han Solo and constantly dropping his quips and doing a running podcast-style poo poo-talk of the Jedi while engaging in various adventures and derring-dos. They'll have to go rescue a bad guy because they totally missed part of his sassy Ki-Adi Mundi impression. After he completes it and they all have a laugh, they'll shoot him dead in cold blood.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

This is legit amazing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This works pretty well I think.

http://youtubedoubler.com/eTa1

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

^^^ haha holy poo poo that too.

I loved that. Wow.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

You want to use one of the dubbers, not doublers if you're looking to mute one.
http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=PN_CP4SuoTU&video_start=0&audio=-69qlh_BzyE&audio_start=0

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

duz posted:

You want to use one of the dubbers, not doublers if you're looking to mute one.

Ah thanks; youtubedoubler is pretty shoddy. This should have perfect synch.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The music is terrible but everything else is pretty sweet. He was pretty much going for the Heavy Metal vibe but lacked legends to record music with. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3__NN16uoXk

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This is great, pretty much anything from the futurewave/retrowave/synthwave ahjdlkjaskldjalksjd whatever you wanna call it is gonna work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1NAhlVRaZ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G02wKufX3nw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I enjoyed the cameo by Steve.

• Locked thread