Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll still go for a joke over anything else, even with you though :colbert::colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It's not nice to call you a liar, so I will. Liar. It's within my character to say it. As a Canadian, the most you are allowed to respond with is "Golly!"

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Opop's slip-up seems really suspicious, but gut is telling me to hold off a little bit. I dunno.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

It's not nice to call you a liar, so I will. Liar. It's within my character to say it. As a Canadian, the most you are allowed to respond with is "Golly!"

Sorry :canada:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok, if people are actually starting to take this seriously no I did not receive a PM, I just wanted to do a JFK voice and then have a jokey back and forth with Diqnol. I didn't think anyone actually believed I scum slipped but I guess I can see how you would.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

wall monitor posted:

Opop's slip-up seems really suspicious, but gut is telling me to hold off a little bit. I dunno.

Opopanax posted:

Ok, if people are actually starting to take this seriously no I did not receive a PM, I just wanted to do a JFK voice and then have a jokey back and forth with Diqnol. I didn't think anyone actually believed I scum slipped but I guess I can see how you would.

scum bros

##vote opop

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

wall monitor posted:

gut? or scum doc

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

CP I don't even know what you are man. Two times I put you as unreadable/town and you just imploded as scum.
One of those wasn't your fault but lol mate you're an enigma.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yes, Max, I am actually claiming scum. It was most certainly not just me being a turd during vanilla jokephase because it's funny. :v:

Actually, what I wanted to do was get myself turbo'd, then when I die and flip town, just have my will say "lol", but then I realized that I don't get a will until N1. So I'm kinda really glad it didn't take off, I would have felt dumb.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Sorry I'm late all! Just wanted to confirm that I'm here. I've been tied up at work with a bad computer virus so it might be a few hours before I can catch up and play.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Poison Mushroom posted:

Yes, Max, I am actually claiming scum. It was most certainly not just me being a turd during vanilla jokephase because it's funny. :v:

Actually, what I wanted to do was get myself turbo'd, then when I die and flip town, just have my will say "lol", but then I realized that I don't get a will until N1. So I'm kinda really glad it didn't take off, I would have felt dumb.

You don't understand. I'm used to always taking people out, even if it's a joke, when they say anything resembling "I am scum" which you did. You can say you're joking, but that's moot. The words were still said.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Max posted:

You don't understand. I'm used to always taking people out, even if it's a joke, when they say anything resembling "I am scum" which you did. You can say you're joking, but that's moot. The words were still said.
Well, I've heard of worse policy votes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's actually worked pretty well for me.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

nah that's lazy and not scum hunting

whoopie look it's me the scum

nah just kidding

opop gotta go-pop

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Well, don't come crying to me when PM comes up scum later.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nobody is saying PM is town. I, at least, am saying that's a silly reason to vote for PM over Opop.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'd vote for either. It's just that I made this train, and well, I'd like to give preference to the train I rode in on.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MT are you Opop's best scum friend and do you want to kiss him on the mouth mwah mwah he tastes like musty cigarettes

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

i have the weirdest boner right now

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

TheRam posted:

i have the weirdest boner right now

Best way to kill a thread.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

What is the best thing that goes on vanilla ice cream?

Trick Question! ~~Nothing~~ You put the vanilla ice cream ON things. The best of which is some sort of mixed berry pie. KB and wall monitor answered incorrectly. I will be monitoring them accordingly.

re: Pmush

King Burgundy posted:

I just don't get it. I can't fathom the motivation for that post at all.
Pmuch.
Is it acceptable for me to just not care about this person's awkward D1 posts or do I really need to analyze this?

Max posted:

It's actually worked pretty well for me.
Please tell me a time voting someone who self-claimed scum worked out for you?

re: Opop
Diqnol, your case assumes Opop is too dumb to read the thread/relies on meta about your relationship. I need a better reason to vote him atm.

Preemptively answering diqnol's follow-up question to me: I am not scumbros w/ Opop.

TheRam posted:

~~~MAX CONFIRMED TOWN AND OPOP CONFIRMED SCUM DUE TO ISSUES IN THE BOWMORE DELIVERY SYSTEM~~~
Why is max confirmed town? Pls answer after you've completed your very important work/solved the boner situation.

CapitalistPig posted:

scum bros

##vote opop
I see you have decided to be lazy or act like you are being lazy this game. This saddens me. qq

Max posted:

Also, JFK was long since dead by the time this would take place.
Absolutely loving that Max thought someone wouldn't know JFK was dead in 94.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't think it's contingent on any meta. Read the interaction. Do you not see that he reacted nervously/faux playfully and stuck to that as I pressed him? I think it was a knee jerk reaction by him.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

I don't think it's contingent on any meta. Read the interaction. Do you not see that he reacted nervously/faux playfully and stuck to that as I pressed him? I think it was a knee jerk reaction by him.

It's def contingent on your meta:

Exactly. I caught him off balance and he tried to play it off as being silly. A true town Opop would have told me to shut up or something or said Ugh etc

"nervously/faux playfully" is your read. It's a possible interpretation and you're entitled to it. But when I read it I saw typical early game jokeyness.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well, I tied meta in there, but that's not the real reasoning behind the vote, only supporting evidence. I can't manufacture evidence so we're at a bit of an impasse. Anyway! Still looking for peoples' opinions on Opop~

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

responding to the only thing I've read because it involved me:
max is town because he said the same thing I was thinking basically about not getting a pm
scum got pms fo sho, the way max dropped it seemed legit to me

tho i'm not confident he's going to be a ~~~good poster~~~ so far since that lynch claimed scum thing.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Do people really not policy lynch players that claim scum (even jokingly?) That used to be like, an unwritten rule.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I can't believe I'm using Mafia to de-stress after work.

I didn't get a PM yet you are confirming? ##vote Opop

Opopanax posted:

Yeah I guess he did town first ##vote diqnol

Opopanax posted:

##vote Opopanax - I'm trying to picture a scenario where someone not getting a role PM would use the phrase "he did town first" and coming up empty.

In other news:

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote Poison Mushroom

Max posted:

Hello, everyone should be voting PM for claiming scum.

Max - any reads outside of PMush? I understand policy-voting people claiming scum, but feel like holding to that 100% (despite the fact that it was pretty obviously a joke) is lazy at best and scummy at worst.

TheRam posted:

~~~MAX CONFIRMED TOWN AND OPOP CONFIRMED SCUM DUE TO ISSUES IN THE BOWMORE DELIVERY SYSTEM~~~

I'm with you on Opop. Calling Max "confirmed town" because he said he didn't get a PM might be a little bit hasty.

MT are you Opop's best scum friend and do you want to kiss him on the mouth mwah mwah he tastes like musty cigarettes

I'm pretty sure Opop sticking his foot in his mouth covers up the musty cigarette smell.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

TheRam posted:

max is town because he said the same thing I was thinking basically about not getting a pm
scum got pms fo sho, the way max dropped it seemed legit to me

You mean this?

Max posted:

I only noticed the game started when I went back to the bookmarks. I am clearly town because of this fact.

I don't think he deserves to be confirmed town for that post, since bowmore said itt vt weren't getting them.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm going to go back and re-read the thread. This game started when I was busy helping my fiance get ready for a trip yesterday, and I've been at a conference all day today, and have been relying on the awful app to read this and another game. That thing isn't super conducive to getting a good overview for me in these games.

I don't know why anyone would call me confirmed town, honestly. That's a bad call to make so early in the game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

VivaNova posted:

You mean this?

I don't think he deserves to be confirmed town for that post, since bowmore said itt vt weren't getting them.

Imagine me saying that in a stupid jokey voice. No one should think I'm town because of that post.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Max posted:

Do people really not policy lynch players that claim scum (even jokingly?) That used to be like, an unwritten rule.

Never heard of it, never been in such a situation where a self-claim was taken seriously. I def feel I've seen many people jokingly imply they were scum, esp. early on.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm talking '07, 08. I had a game where I jokingly called someone scum, and they just went "haha, yup, you got me." Rest of town voted him and he ended up being scum. It was that guy that had the ugly mario avatar for a while.

Anyway, I distinctly remember this being a thing for a while, but I guess it's faded away.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Max posted:

Imagine me saying that in a stupid jokey voice. No one should think I'm town because of that post.
Right, that was my read. At least three of us are on the same page.

Max posted:

I'm talking '07, 08. I had a game where I jokingly called someone scum, and they just went "haha, yup, you got me." Rest of town voted him and he ended up being scum. It was that guy that had the ugly mario avatar for a while.

Anyway, I distinctly remember this being a thing for a while, but I guess it's faded away.
haha, little mac? That's great.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

VivaNova posted:

Right, that was my read. At least three of us are on the same page.

haha, little mac? That's great.

Was it little mac? I don't know, I just know it was that realistic fat mario cartoon.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Max posted:

Was it little mac? I don't know, I just know it was that realistic fat mario cartoon.

no, nm. Apparently lm's avatar isn't even mario.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

oh my god of course max isn't CONFIRMED TOWN to me it's just a read that stuck out why do people insist on not applying common sense to things

just a fyi I have played like 80 games of mafia and whilst I will definitely point out weak babbys first mafia logic especially when applied to me i'm going to try to refuse to engage in prolonged discussions about it for everyones sake tho mostly mine

I have at least a pseudo-tell which isn't alignment based but I tend to be grammatically correct and word things eloquently when I'm making a serious point.

whereas if i have a thought idc about that much i just write it down and go about my business byyeeeeeee max is SO TOWN but MAYBE BAD !!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Max posted:

I'm going to go back and re-read the thread. This game started when I was busy helping my fiance get ready for a trip yesterday, and I've been at a conference all day today, and have been relying on the awful app to read this and another game. That thing isn't super conducive to getting a good overview for me in these games.

I don't know why anyone would call me confirmed town, honestly. That's a bad call to make so early in the game.

conference...
conducive...

ooh talk dirty to me what's the conference about?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

its true max's subsequent demonstration of intellect makes me give more pause to the town read...

now I understand why people have so much difficulty believing I'm town... intimidation hmmm...

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Max posted:

you did call into a session a conference involving my face and my palm with special guests the table and the keyboard to also have my face on with this post, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TheRam posted:

conference...
conducive...

ooh talk dirty to me what's the conference about?

E-learning, essentially. It was kinda too much about online courses and less about hybrid classes, which I'm actually interested in. But whatever, I got free lunch.

• Locked thread