Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
fyi I'd like if people didn't kill pop before tomorrow night when I have a chance to actually try to play this game and try to nail all the scum d1 in a list post

I might get fuckeddd upppp though so maybe it'll be a bit conspiracy theorist-y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TheRam posted:

you did call into a session a conference involving my face and my palm with special guests the table and the keyboard to also have my face on with this post, though.

wah?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TheRam posted:

fyi I'd like if people didn't kill pop before tomorrow night when I have a chance to actually try to play this game and try to nail all the scum d1 in a list post

I might get fuckeddd upppp though so maybe it'll be a bit conspiracy theorist-y

Look man, I don't even know why you're doing this mafia thing to yourself. I was a complete incomprehensible mess before my defense and subsequent acceptance of my thesis, and was only eventually soothed by multiple hot dogs and a Cubs game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It is clear to me that Opop is the bad guy but I will withhold my vote until the Ram succeeds in this most important event of his life

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Max posted:

Look man, I don't even know why you're doing this mafia thing to yourself. I was a complete incomprehensible mess before my defense and subsequent acceptance of my thesis, and was only eventually soothed by multiple hot dogs and a Cubs game.

what are you trying to say eh?

what kind of scholar are you

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TheRam posted:

When I got my first job after school, I made like, 6 times what I made as a grad student and I didn't know what to do with myself.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TheRam posted:

I knew I was done with my thesis when I looked it over and felt nothing inside.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Something about the push on Opop right now feels off to me. I particularly don't like this post from Hal:

Hal Incandenza posted:

I haven't read anything but these last two posts.

Which one of you should I be voting for?

It's literally his only post aside from his signup.

TheRam posted:

you did call into a session a conference involving my face and my palm with special guests the table and the keyboard to also have my face on with this post, though.

Hey TheRam, who do you think is scum?

VivaNova, it's nice to meet you! I'm EXAKT and I'm new! I noticed that you don't want to vote either of the vote leaders yet. Do you have any scumreads yet?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
I never finished my thesis. That is my shameful secret. I played mafia to forget..... max what have you done :(

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

Hey shut up!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

It is clear to me that Opop is the bad guy but I will withhold my vote until the Ram succeeds in this most important event of his life

Oh hey Hal! This post is scummy as well! Is there anyone you would vote?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

EXAKT Science posted:

Something about the push on Opop right now feels off to me. I particularly don't like this post from Hal:

VivaNova, it's nice to meet you! I'm EXAKT and I'm new! I noticed that you don't want to vote either of the vote leaders yet. Do you have any scumreads yet?

What dont you like about Hal's post? It reads as a joke to me.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

Likewise! I'm a returning player. I have no scumreads worth mentioning yet. When I do you will totally know because I will post them ITT!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TheRam posted:

Hey shut up!

Welp, I missed something important! Sorry about that :shobon: Congratulations, by the way!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

What dont you like about Hal's post? It reads as a joke to me.

Maybe, but it happens in response to the first bout of real scumhunting, and feels like it's trying to extend jokephase unduly.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

Maybe, but it happens in response to the first bout of real scumhunting, and feels like it's trying to extend jokephase unduly.

I feel this interpretation only works if you think Hal is scum with either Opop or Diqnol and you think he's trying to get attention off one of them. Yes/no?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

diqnol = pizzacrotch man btw

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I think Diqnol is right about Opop making the sort of subtle slip he would have made had he not read the thread, and Opop's excuse about the joke isn't mutually exclusive with him being scum and not really reading the thread.

##vote Opop

EXAKT Science posted:

EXAKT Science posted:

Oh hey Hal! This post is scummy as well! Is there anyone you would vote?

Are you being sincere about wanting reads and "would votes" from people right as the game is getting started?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

DuckHuntDog posted:

I think Diqnol is right about Opop making the sort of subtle slip he would have made had he not read the thread, and Opop's excuse about the joke isn't mutually exclusive with him being scum and not really reading the thread.

##vote Opop

Are you being sincere about wanting reads and "would votes" from people right as the game is getting started?

Sorry I'm just very excited to play mafia! :sun:

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

you guys really should entertain the possibility that there are other people to vote before we kill opop, then we must proceed to kill opop sadly,

I'm thinking maybe kill opp tomorrow in time to get another game day friday with a deadline mon cus of weekend... yeh that sounds great

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

TheRam posted:

you guys really should entertain the possibility that there are other people to vote before we kill opop, then we must proceed to kill opop sadly,

I'm thinking maybe kill opp tomorrow in time to get another game day friday with a deadline mon cus of weekend... yeh that sounds great

If he actually ends up town that is a potentially terrible idea, especially considering we have no information outside flips.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

VivaNova posted:

I feel this interpretation only works if you think Hal is scum with either Opop or Diqnol and you think he's trying to get attention off one of them. Yes/no?

Yeah I guess that sounds right.

DuckHuntDog posted:

If he actually ends up town that is a potentially terrible idea, especially considering we have no information outside flips.

If Opop is town, then there's still a lot of information there, because he's had a good number of content around him. We'll also have the will of whoever is the nightkill tonight. That's a lot of information to work with. Why are you so concerned about a single misdunk on day 1?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Opopanax (5): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, TheRam, CapitalistPig, Murmur Twin, DuckHuntDog
Poison Mushroom (3): Poison Mushroom, Max, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, King Burgundy
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE (1): Opopanax
Hal Incandenza (1): EXAKT Science
fiery_valkyrie (1): EXAKT Science, wall monitor, EXAKT Science
wall monitor (1): fiery_valkyrie
Max (1): Rarity
CapitalistPig (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
Rarity (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
King Burgundy (0): DuckHuntDog, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, DuckHuntDog

Not Voting (2): Hal Incandenza, VivaNova

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 27th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

TheRam posted:

I'm sorry I will be at a CONFERENCE tomorrow night.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

If Opop is town, then there's still a lot of information there, because he's had a good number of content around him. We'll also have the will of whoever is the nightkill tonight. That's a lot of information to work with. Why are you so concerned about a single misdunk on day 1?

Because then it is potentially two days of misdunks and nightkills before you can start parsing if there were bad votes on Opop?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

VivaNova posted:

I'm sorry I will be at a CONFERENCE tomorrow night.

That's fine, you can leave you're vote on OPOP and do more scum hunting today. *splurge*

DuckHuntDog posted:

Because then it is potentially two days of misdunks and nightkills before you can start parsing if there were bad votes on Opop?

Nah if everyone scum hunts now until tomorrow night (with me chipping in in a serious way tomorrow) that's easily enough.

there's a thin line between trying to be a good townie and being a weenie

assuming you are town.... you are town, aren't you?

wait huh what do you even mean I'm saying night time happens fri daytime, followed up by resuming the game in the evening and another lynch monday what is even your point?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

VivaNova posted:

I see you have decided to be lazy or act like you are being lazy this game. This saddens me. qq

Pffff you dont know me hater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZfWRDzZwbg

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

DuckHuntDog posted:

You seriously think it would take until day three to find at least one bad vote on Opop?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

cpig I always suspected you were dabes

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

TheRam posted:

That's fine, you can leave you're vote on OPOP and do more scum hunting today. *splurge*

Nah if everyone scum hunts now until tomorrow night (with me chipping in in a serious way tomorrow) that's easily enough.

there's a thin line between trying to be a good townie and being a weenie

assuming you are town.... you are town, aren't you?

wait huh what do you even mean I'm saying night time happens fri daytime, followed up by resuming the game in the evening and another lynch monday what is even your point?

I think I am confusing you talking about game days and actual days here.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also, chillax yo, I'm not seriousvoting here

##unvote

Now that apparently theres no more jokephase (dicks)
My feelings are that while Opop may or may not have made a slip its not inconclusively scummy because he might be a town PR , he might be scum, he might be an idiot face or whatever.

I feel like vivanova might be scum too because shes doin that thing she does.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

haha yeh okay I get it not really sure how you'd not get it first time but it's not a scum tell so no probs m8!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

##unvote

My feelings are that while Opop may or may not have made a slip its not inconclusively scummy because he might be a town PR , he might be scum, he might be an idiot face or whatever.

lol wait are you actually trying this game?

this is different and because I've only seen you convey completely the opposite tone in other games this might be town cpig!?!?!

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

You seriously think it would take until day three to find at least one bad vote on Opop?

Having his flip would help there, yes.

CapitalistPig posted:

##unvote

bowmore posted:

This game has No power roles. I repeat! It is an all vanilla game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TheRam posted:

cpig I always suspected you were dabes

Dafuq you talkin bout son!

You cant even handle all this trailer park swag bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkxolne0U5U

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I'll say this while I can still be mean: I don't know what Bowmore is going to require from you guys activity wise
My posts + votefinder is the threshold, under that and you get prodded. Unless I can see you are putting a genuine effort without that number. It's looking good so far.

Continue!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

DuckHuntDog posted:

Having his flip would help there, yes.

oh poo poo, I am an idiot, I forgot there arent any power roles.

Well that does paint opop a bit worse.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TheRam posted:

lol wait are you actually trying this game?

this is different and because I've only seen you convey completely the opposite tone in other games this might be town cpig!?!?!

I always try, just not the way people think I should.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I'll say this while I can still be mean: I don't know what Bowmore is going to require from you guys activity wise, but speaking for myself, I expect a lot out of all of you. Don't lurk in this one. It's pure mafia and it's something you will rarely experience here or elsewhere. Town, make an effort. Scum, don't be lazy, make your win mean something other than "lurking works ugh". I want this to be a special game. Help me make it one.

Interesting.

See you D2 guys!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TheRam posted:

to anyone who's concerned with how off topic this seems it would appear that opop probably did scumslip...

When I read that I thought Opop was joking :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TheRam posted:

CP I don't even know what you are man. Two times I put you as unreadable/town and you just imploded as scum.
One of those wasn't your fault but lol mate you're an enigma.

Cpig is the hardest person to read in this community. It's annoying as hell.

• Locked thread