Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Samfucius posted:

Honestly you didn't really engage with me, and while you were voting for me you didn't seem to be pushing for a turbo, which was my big eye raiser. I was looking for something a bit more blatant at the time. Do you still think lynching me is a good idea?

I mean at that point I had two posts in this thread, one was a vote on you and the other was stating I didn't think Alasdair's action was scummy. If you were trying to look for people 'colluding' I don't understand why neither of the posts caught your attention. Waiting for engagement is the opposite of scumhunting.

That said, no I don't want to lynch you for now. You said you were trying to learn in this game and if I have to ask myself if you're making moves that are indicative of newbie town vs newbie scum I would expect more flailing from newbie scum. Since Canuck replaced out, my new #2 is KoB. I still think MiR's posts are the ones I see the most-likely scum motivation in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

A Worthy Uhh hasn't posted yet today, and I want to see how he responds to the votes and accusations thrown his way. I think it is possible he is scum, but that means there is another scum to find.

FYI, I am putting my logic down in this post because I was always a pretty poor mafia player. This way everyone can point out my horrendous logic and continue to call me an idiot.

I always thought it was generally a bad idea for multiple scum to get in on early lynches, especially in small games. That would leave KOB, Atoramos, and Canuck to focus my initial looks at.

KOB

King of Bleh posted:

I intend on ignoring most players in this game until it gets smaller/slower, I don't feel like responding to everything by everyone.

This is not a point in his favor. I am not a good example to follow, but as pointed out, this is a pretty small game. So far, day 2 has also been pretty slow. And I don't think many accusations or suspicion has been thrown his way. Not a whole lot to respond to. It reads a little like scum who is making an excuse to not fabricate suspicion on more town players. Could also just be general laziness.

Canuck

He has very low post content. Seems like over half his posts are not related to the game. Not a whole lot to go off of, other than his decision to replace out. For purely meta reasons, I don't think he is scum. There is no real suspicion on him, and a scum parter would hopefully be able to help with him not having a head for the game. Also, with a town power role dead (and 2 townies), I think the scum have a slight advantage to want to quit.

Atoramos

To start, day 1 claims that he is happy with a Crazyeyes lynch, but doesn't vote him. I understand the logic behind letting the discussion continue, but his #2 vote is for someone he thinks used to post more. He then never touches back on KoB until his mega post the next day. Seems like a good way to help persuade the town to lynch Crazyeyes without ever actually voting for a town player.

Then at the start of day 2, drops a vote on AWU for bad play, not necessarily scummy play. When he follows up with the megapost, still accuses AWU of just bad logic. Kinda smacks of distancing himself from a bad scum partner.

Also in the megapost, still accuses KoB of not much effort, but now it isn't nearly as scummy. In fact, claims Canuck is now much more scummy than KoB despite them having roughly the same level of posting.

At this time, I think Atoramos is the most scummy of the three.

##vote Atoramos

PS, doing this on my phone from the couch is way harder than I thought it would be. I will force myself to put some time in at my computer at home to put my arguments into word form.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

I was happier with my vote on Sam as it was CE's floundering after hitting -1 which really made me happy with his lynch. I don't understand that 'used to post more' comment, if you mean Sam I've never played with him before but wanted to add pressure to see him post more and respond. KoB is now my #2 as I realized his plan to lurk wasn't the scummiest thing I'd seen from him (I really don't like his D1).

I read AWU's bad play as explicitly scum motivated and I have a hard time seeing that for Sam after watching his reactions. I can also see it easily for KoB.

I liked Canuck even less than KoB for his tunelling on Alasdair and unvoting/devoting without describing why he did or did not like any other cases, literally avoiding commenting on the lynch leader at all. He's replaced out and is no longer my #2. That leaves KoB who tunneled on CE and is imo scummiest out of my other options.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Atoramos posted:

It's a 9 player game down to a 7 player game it's not like it's that difficult to read all 8 pages of a thread.

On the other hand when I literally spent sunday evening through monday morning away from the thread I instantly had people on my rear end about "lurking", etc.

I could write up verbose list-y posts every 6 hours covering every player's interactions with every other to appease that mindset, or I could play at a reasonable level and tease out the threads of discussion and players I personally find interesting.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Atoramos posted:

Since Canuck replaced out, my new #2 is KoB. I still think MiR's posts are the ones I see the most-likely scum motivation in.

Are you saying him replacing out made you less suspicious of him? Why?

Atoramos posted:

Alasdair suggested KoB's early play was townie which I don't like, suggests scumbuddies would shut Sam up which I disagree with.

You've said twice now that you 'dislike' (contrast vs 'disagree' in the same sentence) alasdair's read on me. Care to elaborate on if and why him holding that position is suspicious?

Orvin posted:

FYI, I am putting my logic down in this post because I was always a pretty poor mafia player. This way everyone can point out my horrendous logic and continue to call me an idiot.

This entire post is full of waffly, 'well this person could be scum or they might not be' type statements and is on the whole really scummy.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Hello! I am replacing Canuckistan. I am unfortunately in a surprise meeting all day at work today, but something kinda jumped out at me while I was doing an initial read of the thread.

a worthy uhh posted:

You are playing "hey everyone look at me" and if you're town, that's "hey scum, come kill me"

This seems like such a forced, fake statement to make that I can't help but read scum into it. I'm going to be reviewing EVERYTHING "a worthy uhh" has done, but as an initial "holyshitscumhere" this is a good one.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

King of Bleh posted:

Are you saying him replacing out made you less suspicious of him? Why?

There's not enough content Canuck has made where it should deeply color my opinions of Vorbis, there's the obvious meta reasons Orvin also touched upon, and after a reread of Sam and Canuck I realized I liked posts from you less than either of them.

King of Bleh posted:

You've said twice now that you 'dislike' (contrast vs 'disagree' in the same sentence) alasdair's read on me. Care to elaborate on if and why him holding that position is suspicious?

Because he says you're aimless and that comes off townie. As of that time you had made three posts: one agreeing with Alasdair's stance on Sam, one with a joke on how you'd be the last vote on Sam's bandwagon, and one where you ask Canuck why he feels Alasdair's actions were scum motivated. That both doesn't feel aimless (you were specifically calling out agreement against Sam and questioning those who disagreed) and doesn't feel like enough information to make a townie gut-feel call on. Calling someone's actions townie on such little to go off of (other than agreement on one issue) looks wrong to me. What ever happened to being suspicious of everyone?

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

A worthy Uhh is a worthy vote for scum. He has consistantly managed to post a series of white noise, mafia dadding and poke posts without actually contributing a single original thought or opinion. Lets examine!

a worthy uhh posted:

unless you play fast and loose as scum

so basically not trying hard OR trying too hard OR trying just enough are all scumtells

Let the mafia dadding begin!

a worthy uhh posted:

Wow, this is an amazing mischaracterization of what I've said

It was actually quite accurate, however he does not use this opportunity to actually do something useful and towny.

a worthy uhh posted:

Ram is trying to play Town Captain to the point where he knows he'd draw an NK if he were town, which is suspicious to me
Alasdair is being overly reductive of our ability to gain information today, almost to the point of obstructionism

Those are my main two thoughts. I am going to reread the game now.
SOME OPINIONS. Excellent, if they actually meant anything and weren't literal white noise. I do like the phrase overly reductive, it's overly reductive of itself. Meaning nothing.

a worthy uhh posted:

I am probably on board with his lynch but I feel like he and Alasdair aren't scum bussing eachother, not on D1 like this, because they've made themselves center stage, so my thoughts on Alasdair oppose my thoughts on Crazy.

This is a fantastic post. Manages to say nothing yet again, hedging on both sides, allowing him to get away with any future reaction.

The rest of his posts are literally a bunch of bullshiting back and forth and jokes, not one single opinion.

a worthy uhh posted:

i already said eariler that i was on board with crazy, but also you

i have not couched my opinions here

OR ANYWHERE. DO YOU HAVE A TOWN THOUGHT? NO BECAUSE YOU ARE SCUM.

##Vote A worthy Uhh

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
okay lets see what happens

##vote: a worthy uhh

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

LordVorbis posted:

It was actually quite accurate, however he does not use this opportunity to actually do something useful and towny.

I'm curious what you mean by this: Do you feel that I was accurate and MiR didn't use the prodding to do something townie? Do you feel that MiR was accurate (that my comment was a misrepresentation) but doesn't turn that around into a unique thought? I'm just confused at this line.

##unvote I will be re-voting MiR but don't care to have another person dangling at -1 a day and a half before deadline. Instead I'd rather let my vote rest on my #2 ##vote KoB

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Atoramos posted:

I'm curious what you mean by this: Do you feel that I was accurate and MiR didn't use the prodding to do something townie? Do you feel that MiR was accurate (that my comment was a misrepresentation) but doesn't turn that around into a unique thought? I'm just confused at this line.

##unvote I will be re-voting MiR but don't care to have another person dangling at -1 a day and a half before deadline. Instead I'd rather let my vote rest on my #2 ##vote KoB

I think Alasdair's vote was a hammer actually

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

King of Bleh posted:

I think Alasdair's vote was a hammer actually

According to Votefinder he was at -1?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Nevermind it didn't show Vorbis' vote. That was indeed :redhammer:

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Votefinder doesn't know that LordVorbis replaced in

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

okay lets see what happens

##vote: a worthy uhh

:redhammer:

A worthy uhh, Scum Goon, has been executed.

Night is a minimum of one hour, maybe more.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Sorry for the delay, I was out for a bit there.

Orvin, Vanilla Town, has been killed in the night.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
:hfive:

well, out of the 7 people yesterday, 3 didn't vote for MiR. 1 was scum and 1 was NK'd, leaving

##vote: samfucious

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

:hfive:

well, out of the 7 people yesterday, 3 didn't vote for MiR. 1 was scum and 1 was NK'd, leaving

##vote: samfucious

This is not a terrible vote.

That was a surprising choice for a kill and I'm considering its implications.

Vorbis, can you answer my question from earlier, I'm curious what you had meant.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

I was expecting LordVorbis to be offed tbh. for meta reasons it seems a VT would be most likely to replace out, on top of that it'd be a pretty ridiculous scum move to put their buddy at -1 hammer. I'd definitely have killed him as scum.

but samfucious is new and clueless. sooooooooooo

also ad hoc, but it'd explain why he took my initial voting on him so personally

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

after that objectively speaking the scummiest vote on MiR was probably meeeeeeeee

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

:ghost:

Go good guys

:ghost:

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

skimming thru MiR's posts, out of the living, he pretty much never mentions sammy or canuckistan/vorbis.

and sammy never mentions MiR/worthy uhh.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

after that objectively speaking the scummiest vote on MiR was probably meeeeeeeee

I don't like that I'm not dead. I was 2/4 for a while and Orvin was town. I read you as town considering the back and forth between you and AWU/MiR, which means it would have been easy to lynch me and put the game in lylo. That didn't happen and Orvin doesn't make sense as a kill. Newbie scum makes sense, or you being scum makes sense, and between those two options I think Sam's the obvious pick. I'm still chewing things over.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

TURBO! TURBO~

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

yea that's all true things and seems too obvious I'm going with that.

##vote Samfucius

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

the orvin kill still throws me though. i am trying to possibly think of how that could have been a good idea. it almost makes killing sammy TOO OBVIOUS

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

the orvin kill still throws me though. i am trying to possibly think of how that could have been a good idea. it almost makes killing sammy TOO OBVIOUS

I was going to start the day off with a vote on Orvin for this post, but...

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

oh my god it's been a half hour this is killing me

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

working on my game in one window, F5'ing blueballs in the other

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Yeah okay fine, I was also going to vote Orvin next and I don't feel like coming up with an original opinion.

##vote Samfucius

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

:boom:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:redhammer:

Samfucius, Vanilla Town, has been executed.

Night will last at least an hour, maybe more if I get distracted.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Nobody died in the night.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (4): Alasdair Crawfish, Atoramos, King of Bleh, LordVorbis

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

##vote: no lynch

it's lylo atm but with more people to choose from this is not optimal

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

##vote: no lynch

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

somebody asked me a question out of thread:
Can the scum choose to withhold a kill?
Yes.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

okay so either there's a doc or the scum is clever enough to realize that withholding a kill gives the town shittier odds

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Or both! Or neither!

Atoramos has read strongly town to me all game, esp with where he fell on the MiR lynch. In my eyes it's between Vorbis and Alasdair, and I'm strongly leaning toward the former. I definitely do not buy into any sort of "scum don't replace out" meta reasoning BS, I've replaced in for scum plenty of times. The way Vorbis just parachuted into the thread and dropped a big case on MiR that was spun out of whole cloth rather than making any sort of organic response to anything else going on in the thread or even any of the other posts other players have made regarding MiR reads a hell of a lot more like a premeditated bus than like a player 'catching up on the thread'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Still 3 to lynch so ##vote LordVorbis .

• Locked thread