Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Magnus Condomus posted:

Gabriella Pastore, the voice actress for Natalia is actually really young. Probably just a few years older than the character. She did a really great job.
I thought she sounded pretty drat authentic. I've spent a lot of time working with kids around that age and I've always been able to tell when it's someone in their late 20's trying to do a kid's voice. Her dialogue was pretty well written too.

Sir Tonk posted:

Her and Barry were really good together. The sluice stuff was gold.
For some reason my favorite line in the game is right at the start of Barry's episode 1.
"What's your name, sweetheart?"
"...Natalia."
"That's a very pretty name. My name's Barry!"

I'm gonna assume it was because Barry's VA didn't hear the way she said her line before recording but he says it way too enthusiastically and it cracks me the hell up every time I hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Barry is an overbearing but lovable dad, that line makes total sense!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Is the AI always going to be this stupid, or is it going to improve at all? I am still on the first level but my AI partner loves to get grabbed or not do anything while the enemy is stunned.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Your AI partner is always going to be stupid, you should be switching characters fairly constantly. Especially if you want to do combos, you basically have to do all parts of the combo yourself if you want it to happen consistently.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

This is the best Resident Evil game.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

man nurse posted:

This is the best Resident Evil game.

Barry. Barry no. You just killed a man Barry. Now is not the time for dad jokes.

I lie, it's always time for dad jokes.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty bummed. I finally snapped and bought the REmake on steam a few days ago and just got around to installing it but I'm suffering huge audio desync in the opening cutscense and once I get to the game everything seems to be moving at half speed. apparently my 1/2 decade old laptop is juuuust too slow to run it. There's $20 down the drain. Just another reason to keep saving for a new PC :sigh:

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 25, 2015

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Barry. Barry no. You just killed a man Barry. Now is not the time for dad jokes.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty bummed. I finally snapped and bought the REmake on steam a few days ago and just got around to installing it but I'm suffering huge audio desync in the opening cutscense and once I get to the game everything seems to be moving at half speed. apparently my 1/2 decade old laptop is juuuust too slow to run it. There's $20 down the drain. Just another reason to keep saving for a new PC :sigh:

In my game, the boss had just grabbed Natalia and flung her around right before I killed him. So Barry looked even more insensitive by not consoling her and just immediately busting out the dad jokes. It was the best. :allears:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Crowetron posted:

If that stuff is true, the Japanese version must be awful because Barry being the corniest dad to ever dadjoke and Claire being completely sick of all this zombie bullshit are easily the two best things about this plot.

I've tried playing with the Japanese dub and it really is just kinda too dry compared to how over the top the English dialogue is. Moira suffers pretty heavily imo.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

Is the AI always going to be this stupid, or is it going to improve at all? I am still on the first level but my AI partner loves to get grabbed or not do anything while the enemy is stunned.
What I realized a while back is that the AI never changes its weapon from what it was using when you swapped characters, no matter the situation, and it seems really hesitant to use guns to their fullest ability with infinite ammo (e.g. long bursts of assault rifle fire). The best thing that I've found to do is switch to their most powerful weapon and have them use that all the drat time. So I just have Claire using the shotgun 24/7 to knock enemies down, and Barry using the magnum which helps deal with the lowered damage when not playing as them. It even works when you don't have a single round of ammunition for the gun :v:

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I've tried playing with the Japanese dub and it really is just kinda too dry compared to how over the top the English dialogue is. Moira suffers pretty heavily imo.
I found Moira a bit annoying at first but it was right around the time she told Neil to go sit on a dildo that I started warming up to her. Did they have any equivalent in the Japanese dialogue for her cursing like a sailor?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

I found Moira a bit annoying at first but it was right around the time she told Neil to go sit on a dildo that I started warming up to her. Did they have any equivalent in the Japanese dialogue for her cursing like a sailor?

No and that's largely why she suffers. Her dialogue ends up being fairly dry. It's kind of just a language thing in general since it doesn't really have a large pool of curse words to draw from like English does. I'm not a translator or even really an expert on Japanese but it seems like one of those things that just does not translate very well.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

When reading previews i thought "oh god Moira's thing is that she hates Barry for being so overprotective ever since she was kidnapped by Wesker in RE 1 isn't it? Calling it now"

Nope, just a little accidental gun discharge is all :stonklol:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

When reading previews i thought "oh god Moira's thing is that she hates Barry for being so overprotective ever since she was kidnapped by Wesker in RE 1 isn't it? Calling it now"

And accidentally shooting her younger sister. That'll be a bit traumatizing as well.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

what are the skills that should be a priority to upgrade?

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

blackguy32 posted:

what are the skills that should be a priority to upgrade?

Campaign or raid? in campaign you want to dump points Into the crowbar the brick and the follow-up attacks. withstanding killing blow is always helps too. That one is called d Rope A Dope i think.

Edit - also anything having to do with dodging or evading

Magnus Condomus fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 26, 2015

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Magnus Condomus posted:

Campaign or raid? in campaign you want to dump points Into the crowbar the brick and the follow-up attacks. withstanding killing blow is always helps too. That one is called d Rope A Dope i think.

Edit - also anything having to do with dodging or evading
You also absolutely want to grab the skill that lets Barry and Claire shoot when you aren't playing as them. Like, first thing.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Also those skills that allow you to earn BP on follow up attacks isn't worth it. You get like 20 each time. Least from normal enemies on normal difficulty.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Was raid mode always this grindy? I could have sworn that in the first one you have one level that is unified across all characters. It seems that for this one, you have to level up each character.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

Was raid mode always this grindy? I could have sworn that in the first one you have one level that is unified across all characters. It seems that for this one, you have to level up each character.

Your memory is correct, you only had one level in Rev1, so there's a lot more time to spend in this one. There wasn't any of the skill choices/upgrades either, in Rev1 you had no active skills period and only a few set passive skills for each character.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The path finding in this game is loving awful, my A.I retard keeps getting stuck on enemies and getting killed because for some reason Moira is granted regen health and the ability to be picked up but not Claire, think I've died 8 times in Chapter 2 alone because of this.

Also for some reason even if I load up Moira with herbs and tourniquets she doesn't heal Claire at all even if she''s at critical health, I get the don't go dying on me voice clip but that's about it.

Oh well, at least raid mode is fun.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Alteisen posted:

The path finding in this game is loving awful, my A.I retard keeps getting stuck on enemies and getting killed because for some reason Moira is granted regen health and the ability to be picked up but not Claire, think I've died 8 times in Chapter 2 alone because of this.

Also for some reason even if I load up Moira with herbs and tourniquets she doesn't heal Claire at all even if she''s at critical health, I get the don't go dying on me voice clip but that's about it.

Oh well, at least raid mode is fun.

You really should be swapping back and forth a lot between them, it makes it remarkably easier.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

You know, I don't recall off the top of my head. In the original game, if Barry lives to see the Tyrant, Wesker admits right beforehand that he'd been bluffing the entire time and Barry's family was never in any danger. Is that the case in the HD Remaster?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

blackguy32 posted:

Yeah but once you got far in Rev 1 the levels took FOREVER to gain.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Wanderer posted:

You know, I don't recall off the top of my head. In the original game, if Barry lives to see the Tyrant, Wesker admits right beforehand that he'd been bluffing the entire time and Barry's family was never in any danger. Is that the case in the HD Remaster?

I don't think he ever mentions this in the Remaster, at least I don't remember hearing it on my last time through.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

For some reason my favorite line in the game is right at the start of Barry's episode 1.
"What's your name, sweetheart?"
"...Natalia."
"That's a very pretty name. My name's Barry!"

Yeah these points start to stand out the more I play the campaign to get S rank in everything. "My name's Barry!" is great every time.

It's on XboxOne as well :wiggle:

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 26, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Did you try setting the fps cap to 30? I experienced a similar desync issue and that fixed it, although I didn't notice the in-game looking slow.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

"I'm a member of STARS!"

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Scariest thing to come out of the franchise in years.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I told her hanging out with the Foley sisters was a bad idea, but did she listen...

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I unlocked all weapon parts and it was underwhelming. :downsgun:

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

RoanHorse posted:

I unlocked all weapon parts and it was underwhelming. :downsgun:

What do you get?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk5wnqK4gFk

Make her melee a gentle push with her finger and it's golden.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
edit, nm

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Seedge posted:

What do you get?

A new gesture and a whole lot of regret. There's about sixty part types off the top of my head and the only new ones are elements, anti-recoil, and the a couple new charge shots.
There is not, for example, a Terra Save part.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Do the emblems and collectables in the main campaign unlock anything?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Golden Goat posted:

Do the emblems and collectables in the main campaign unlock anything?

They unlock secret files in the main menu you can't read anywhere else. You also get some BP for completing sets of them.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

RE 5 is now Steamworks. DLC is up at $15 and you can buy the Gold version which is the main game plus DLC bundle.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
If I already owned the GFWL version, is there a way to transfer my game save?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

1st AD posted:

If I already owned the GFWL version, is there a way to transfer my game save?

Should be. That's why it took so long to get converted to Steamworks in the first place, Microsoft took ages approving the patch that let you convert your saves and achievements.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

God drat, somehow they managed to make a game with worse AI than RE5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
If you're relying on the AI for any serious length of time, you're doing it wrong. The game is made to encourage you to "zap" back and forth repeatedly, or to at least control your main character during combat sections.