Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My choice was good. They eat taco bell in the movie and sing about jolly green giants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Demolition man actually was a good suggestion yo. I might pick that.

axleblaze posted:

Why do people keep thinking this is a thread to get good advice in?

MMM yeah why would I ask a forum full of film nerds for film recommendations? Hmm I don't know what I was thinking. Buggers the mind!

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Beyond sane knolls posted:

Right right yes i see 'hah hah hah this guy wants to watch a movie while he eats... so I'm gonna recommend a movie to him where people eat POOP or HUMAN FLESH! Hah hah that'll show the bastard!' Can we move on, please?

Pink Flamingos

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

CelticPredator posted:

My choice was good. They eat taco bell in the movie and sing about jolly green giants.

And Armour hot dogs! Demolition Man is a great choice for eating dinner. "Best burger I've had in ages!"

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Pink Flamingos

drat, well played.

Anyway, this meal is actually incredible so never mind, crisis averted, toodles!

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

drat, well played.

Anyway, this meal is actually incredible so never mind, crisis averted, toodles!

but wait, i have more movies about poop to recommend. perhaps Jackass, or Jackass 2

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

MMM yeah why would I ask a forum full of film nerds for film recommendations? Hmm I don't know what I was thinking. Buggers the mind!

Really it's more like a forum full of sarcastic contrarians, the film thing is mostly incidental.

Speaking of film, I just saw Straight Time and man, Dustin Hoffman was just on loving fire in the seventies, huh.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

X-Ray Pecs posted:

And Armour hot dogs! Demolition Man is a great choice for eating dinner. "Best burger I've had in ages!"

That scene always makes me hungry. I love his reaction. It's perfect and unique to that trope of
:v: "This food is good, what is it!"

:smug: "It's ______ sir."

:stonk:
:barf:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Demolition man actually was a good suggestion yo. I might pick that.

You're kinda a dick, y'know that? Does that bugger your mind???

This thread is full of sarcastic assholes so don't get all huffy when they go for the dumb comedy answer to amuse themselves rather than give you a film on demand based on your vague criteria.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

axleblaze posted:

This thread is full of sarcastic assholes so don't get all huffy when they go for the dumb comedy answer to amuse themselves rather than give you a film on demand based on your vague criteria.

dude chill

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

GenChat is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In GenChat you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the GenChat motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
People are real testy in this thread. Yall need Jesus or gettin laid. Pick one and do it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, that was probably came off too strong. Sorry about that. I don't take well to being patronized.

I also had a long fay of getting up early to take 4 hours to do 15 minutes worth of computer training just to get home and have to spend an hour on the phone with tech support because my computer did not actually work.

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 26, 2015

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Welcome to GenChat. This, is GenChat. Welcome. This is Genchat, welcome, to GenChat. You can do anything in GenChat, anything at all.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

FishBulb posted:

People are real testy in this thread. Yall need Jesus or gettin laid. Pick one and do it.

why pick just one

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
"Watch Demolition Man" is always good advice.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Welcome to GenChat. This, is GenChat. Welcome. This is Genchat, welcome, to GenChat. You can do anything in GenChat, anything at all.

If I can make it there, I'll make it *bom bom* anywhere, it's up to you, Gen Chat, Gen Chat.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

GenChat is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In GenChat you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the GenChat motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

This never gets old.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

It's "anything is possible at GenChat. Anything at all. The only limit is yourself."

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Actual movie chat: is Christine good? It's playing next month, and I'm debating seeing it. I've been on a Carpenter kick lately, and it's one of his horror movies from the early 80's, but I don't think I've heard anyone talk about it.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Yeah, you'll have a good time.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

axleblaze posted:

I'm one of these sarcastic assholes.:ssh:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Actual movie chat: is Christine good? It's playing next month, and I'm debating seeing it. I've been on a Carpenter kick lately, and it's one of his horror movies from the early 80's, but I don't think I've heard anyone talk about it.

it's not bad. don't expect top-shelf Carpenter, but it's still very fun.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Anyways...

Short of the Day
The Cat with Hands (pilot version)
The other day I posted Bobby Yeah and tried to get everyone to watch it. I mentioned that the animator was best known for a short called The Cat With Hands. Here is his proof of concept film for that. I think I might actually like it better than the full one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nFbH1ULG-8
Warning: contains a cat...with hands...I'm too tired to properly come up with a warning today.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i'm super stoked to rewatch The Edge tonight :unsmigghh:

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

axleblaze posted:

Anyways...

Short of the Day
The Cat with Hands (pilot version)
The other day I posted Bobby Yeah and tried to get everyone to watch it. I mentioned that the animator was best known for a short called The Cat With Hands. Here is his proof of concept film for that. I think I might actually like it better than the full one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nFbH1ULG-8
Warning: contains a cat...with hands...I'm too tired to properly come up with a warning today.

This is cool. It works just as well without the live-action parts, but I do miss the cat eating the bird from the full-length.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Same but instead of watching The Edge it's pooping so hard I go into organ failure.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

Same but instead of watching The Edge it's pooping so hard I go into organ failure.

why pick just one

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Oh man, you know what's a great food movie? Goodfellas.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

why pick just one

Well I'm already doin two things I just left off learning blink182 songs on guitar really loud at 3 AM

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

oh cool it's officially the time of year when the sky starts trying to kill everyone in my state

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

oh cool it's officially the time of year when the sky starts trying to kill everyone in my state

Funny, because here it's officially the time of year where it's sunny and warm, but not too hot. Of course I live in California, so most of the year is that time of year.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

quote:

breaking news new netflix show about a lawyer who beats up poor people for fun wins emmy award for "most american show ever"

ck1blogs is the best superman joke twitter ever.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Slate Action posted:

Speaking of film, I just saw Straight Time and man, Dustin Hoffman was just on loving fire in the seventies, huh.

Pretty much.

I like that it's based on a novel by Eddie Bunker, who played Mr. Blue in Reservoir Dogs, based on his experiences being in and coming out of prison multiple times.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

'78 Body Snatchers is so fuckin good, jesus

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Slice of life: When donating to a friend's go fund me after they suffered a major loss, always make sure you hit the button that hides your name from the public.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The Anthony Hopkins movie or the guitarist?

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Slice of life: When donating to a friend's go fund me after they suffered a major loss, always make sure you hit the button that hides your name from the public.

Did you give em $1 or something?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Sir Kodiak posted:

The Anthony Hopkins movie or the guitarist?

why the hell would i be excited to see the guitarist

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Should i watch Body Searchers or start watching the Hannibal show right now?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Should i watch Body Searchers or start watching the Hannibal show right now?

Body Snatchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Body Searchers

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

why the hell would i be excited to see the guitarist

I'm not going to claim to understand your taste.

Hmm, the bear is the fifth-listed cast member on IMDB.

• Locked thread