Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Blasmeister posted:

There doesn't seem to be any info on what exactly counts for their 'main eventer' pack, but at their price and going down to rare, it's completely useless along with all their half price packs. The pricing model in this game is nuts - the only things in this game that are ever worth buying cost 10 credits and yet its a solid fixture on the iTunes grossing apps chart

The top 5, 10, 15 however many people who all want to come in high enough to get top in People's Champ probably spend a disgusting amount of money on credits so they can drive up scores on each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Sometimes Total Extreme Wrestling just works

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
Worth it to get the Wrestlemania special on Xbox this week?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gonna say no but I dunno what the special is

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The 2k15 + season pass thing I think? I don't think it's worth it, personally as the game is kinda bad and the season pass content isn't much either. Get a cheap copy of 2k14 instead, it'll be better value, or if you're on the bone, wait for

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Blasmeister posted:

The 2k15 + season pass thing I think? I don't think it's worth it, personally as the game is kinda bad and the season pass content isn't much either. Get a cheap copy of 2k14 instead, it'll be better value, or if you're on the bone, wait for

I'm on the bone, so, wait for what?

epitasis posted:

gonna say no but I dunno what the special is

Basically all the content for like 40% off.

Doomsday Jesus fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 25, 2015

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Doomsday Jesus posted:

I'm on the bone, so, wait for what?

wait for a much bigger sale, or for 2k16 to happen and see if that's less disappointing.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
2k15 with the season pass is worth about the same as any other years' games at their second hand bargain bin prices. Throwing in the season pass alone does not make 2k15 at new price a good deal. It can not be overstated how stripped-down and backwards the game is.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I got the game + season pass for $30 and still felt ripped off, especially as so many DLCs aren't even in the season pass

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
If you've bought TEW 2010 or WMMA 3, email arlie@greydogsoftware.com vrom the same email address you used there as he's sending out Steam keys to the first 250 people. I imagine there's plenty left.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Gooses and Geeses posted:

If you've bought TEW 2010 or WMMA 3, email arlie@greydogsoftware.com vrom the same email address you used there as he's sending out Steam keys to the first 250 people. I imagine there's plenty left.

I'm not sure I want TEW on Steam.... I don't want to know how many hours I've put into the thing

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Whooo! New update for SuperCard is finally here:

Things that (apparently) changed as the system is currently down to there's no way to 100% confirm.

- Wrestlemania tier is out
- Butt "The Shitman" Fart is the first Wrestlemania tier RTG card
- Card limit increased to 130 (loving retarded)
- You can now lock cards so you don't accidentally train away cards you want to keep
- Only 9th and 10th place in KOTR gets rewards for losing (not sure if they're cutting down the participants to 10 and shortening the time, or just loving over people who rank lower. If it's the latter I'm done)

The first 2 are 100% confirmed as real. The others appear to be, but I can't confirm until network maintenance is done and I am connected to wifi so I can download the update. Pretty sure it's going to be crap. The lovely card limit increase is bullshit with them adding 50 new cards.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Happitoo posted:

Whooo! New update for SuperCard is finally here:

Things that (apparently) changed as the system is currently down to there's no way to 100% confirm.

- Wrestlemania tier is out
- Butt "The Shitman" Fart is the first Wrestlemania tier RTG card
- Card limit increased to 130 (loving retarded)
- You can now lock cards so you don't accidentally train away cards you want to keep
- Only 9th and 10th place in KOTR gets rewards for losing (not sure if they're cutting down the participants to 10 and shortening the time, or just loving over people who rank lower. If it's the latter I'm done)

The first 2 are 100% confirmed as real. The others appear to be, but I can't confirm until network maintenance is done and I am connected to wifi so I can download the update. Pretty sure it's going to be crap. The lovely card limit increase is bullshit with them adding 50 new cards.

Edit: Just downloaded; here's the lineup:

1st: 2 random cards of your tier
2nd: 1 of your tier, support from the tier below
Semis: 1 of your tier
Quarters: 1 of 1 tier below
9th-10th: 1 of 2 tiers below, 1 of 3 tiers below
11th-14th: 1 of 2 tiers below
15th-16th: bupkis

DoctorDelaware fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 25, 2015

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

DoctorDelaware posted:

Word on the forums is that 11th-16th get nothing. Absolute horse poo poo.

Then they need to get gud.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Gooses and Geeses posted:

I frequent the GDS forums and the only offers I've seen are for those who write decent guides for the community to get free Steam keys. Was this a general announcement I missed somewhere or something?

I'm a dumb and didn't see the sticky. Never mind me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Have they made Supercard even remotely interesting or fun?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

DoctorDelaware posted:

Edit: Just downloaded; here's the lineup:

1st: 2 random cards of your tier
2nd: 1 of your tier, support from the tier below
Semis: 1 of your tier
Quarters: 1 of 1 tier below
9th-10th: 1 of 2 tiers below, 1 of 3 tiers below
11th-14th: 1 of 2 tiers below
15th-16th: bupkis

in WrestleMania level only the top 2 get WM cards. semis get 2x survivor

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Endless Mike posted:

Have they made Supercard even remotely interesting or fun?

Nah not really, but come join the pointless grind with us!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nope. I'll pointlessly grind at Immortals. At least it has pretty graphics.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Bard Maddox posted:

Oh gently caress that!

So the only truly reliable way to obtain Wrestlemania cards is RTG or play exhibition an excessive amount? That's lovely.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I'm interested n how they're changing up RTG - they added what amounts to a whole new level at the end and I wonder if they're going to give people more time or mess around with the difficulty.

On the bright side, I got a free WM card with my exhibition team

And it's the same one as being given away in this week's RtG so the pro dream is real :toot:

E: VVV yeah that part is nice but the horizontal scroll interface without viewable stat info is gonna take a little getting used to

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 25, 2015

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

One awesome thing that the update did was finally change the card filter to a pop-up menu, so you can just skip straight to combinable, support, or whatever. I've been wanting that feature for ages.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Can't wait for the "Hall of Fame" tier to launch in three months.

EDIT: Does Fusion go up to WM now, or still only Survivor?

Fumaofthelake fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 25, 2015

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I can't wait to grind up to WM tier six months from now and get a goddamned support card as my free pull.

First Legendary card? Support
First two Survivor cards? Supports
First Legendary fusion card? Freddie loving Blassie

I've got a Legendary fusion running at the moment scheduled to finish on Saturday morning and if it's another Blassie card I'm going to uninstall this app so hard.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Freddie Blassie rules idiot

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

A good Leg Fusion or SV Fusion is better than a Freddie UNLESS you already have a bunch of good cards, I'd say.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

There's certainly steep diminishing returns on support cards at higher tiers due to the exponential levelling curve. A good manager card for RtG is always a benefit but fusions superstars are straight up best in tier so you want as many pro versions of them as possible.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah but he doesn't have poo poo on my two SV managers and he isn't going to help push my RTG deck into survivor tier so he is dead weight to me.

E - and gently caress people with SV fusion John Cena cards; that card is ridiculously OP. At least they almost always use him as their avatar so I know who to avoid playing against.

cyberia fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 26, 2015

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

My Wrestlemania freebie card was Taunt. I'm severely disappointed

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

cyberia posted:

I can't wait to grind up to WM tier six months from now and get a goddamned support card as my free pull.

First Legendary card? Support
First two Survivor cards? Supports
First Legendary fusion card? Freddie loving Blassie

I've got a Legendary fusion running at the moment scheduled to finish on Saturday morning and if it's another Blassie card I'm going to uninstall this app so hard.

Same thing happened to me except I gave up at the Legendary card. I was stuck at Epic++ for weeks trying to get enough Epic cards to pair to push me over the hump, my second free Epic pull was a diva that pushed me over the edge (finally replaced that SR ladder Paige!) and I got a Legendary 2x4. Faced with another few months of not having good enough cards to get into Legendary KOTR to start farming 2x Ultra Rares I gave up, and now that the KOTR changes mean I couldn't even do that any more I'm glad I quit.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Bard Maddox posted:

Jeebus, that's horrible.

Apparently their plan to counteract the "3MB" strategy was to make KotR even more worthless.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Has anyone had put put a code in? It just asked me to put one in on a 9 digit phone pad after a match.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

The American Dream posted:

Has anyone had put put a code in? It just asked me to put one in on a 9 digit phone pad after a match.

Friend of mine did:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Probably to prevent macros.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I got it a couple of times. Not a big bother.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

I'm done with KOTR now. Even if you win Wrestlemania KOTR you still only get 1 Wrestlemania card (+1 survivor). That's bullshit. The amount of time & playing (to obtain energy) it takes to come in first isn't worth the reward. I don't want any survivor cards. I have 31 survivor cards! Most of those are pros. Even those pros are waiting to get replaced through RTG. The ones that aren't pros are sitting waiting to go into the fusion chamber. Why would they think anyone who can get to at least the semi-finals in KOTR is interested in more survivor cards?

So now I'm down to 1 gameplay mode. RTG. If I can't get the pair of Bret Hart this weekend I'm out. I have zero desire to grind as badly as they apparently want people to grind to get Wrestlemania pros.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
I'm guessing the RtG theme is Wrestlemania main eventers, and you don't make the vanilla WM tier card Mr. Wrestlemania Shawn Michaels? smdh

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

The American Dream posted:

I got one when I'd been grinding through matches for like an hour and figured it was either to stop bots / macros or one of those 'maybe you should put the game down for five minutes' things that some console games have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

cyberia posted:

I got one when I'd been grinding through matches for like an hour and figured it was either to stop bots / macros or one of those 'maybe you should put the game down for five minutes' things that some console games have.

There does not exist a mobile game that wants you to stop playing ever.