Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Yaos posted:

I bet 7 of 9 is a huge dominatrix.

I think she'd be the other stereotype. With her lifelong habit of assimilating the inferior and her superior intellect and arse, I believe she would be into letting herself go and handing over the power. I once knew a girl like that only she wasn't a Borg she was a pharmacist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Yaos posted:

The whole everybody comes from the same original species thing is loving stupid. In all the centuries everybody has been flying around in space, nobody thought to compare each other's blood? Nobody was astounded every living thing in the known galaxy uses DNA? Nobody was astounded they found DNA directing low level processes that originally came from single celled organisms are identical between species on different planets? Nobody thought it weird that hundreds of different species from different planets could have children with each other? We can't even make babies with our closest genetic relative the chimp, but we can gently caress a Vulcan and a baby will pop out even though we separately evolved over billions of years? This is Threshold levels of bullshit.

i thought it was really elegant and smart and was extmreely star trek in its outlookk. i dont care if its not scientifically plausable because a) nothing in trek actually is anyway and b) story > pleasing the nerd hoards. if you want that go read some sttephen baxter or something.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

opus111 posted:

i thought it was really elegant and smart and was extmreely star trek in its outlookk. i dont care if its not scientifically plausable because a) nothing in trek actually is anyway and b) story > pleasing the nerd hoards. if you want that go read some sttephen baxter or something.

I don't think it's elegant or smart, but it plugs like 20 other, more important plot holes so screw it, good enough.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Heard people were talking poo poo about TNG in this thread.

iraqniphobia
Aug 21, 2003

Speaking of those two parter Blu Rays....

Before they released the Blu Rays for those they showed them in movie theaters and I forced my gf to go along with me to the Best of Both Worlds. Some guy came in late and set right next to us and looked like the most typical basement dwelling goon you can imagine. He was probably 300+ pounds and only wearing a regular shirt so half of his gut was hanging out from his shirt and he had sweat pants shorts (sweat shorts?) on. Whatever, I keep my focus on the screen because the Borg look cool as poo poo in HD.

Anyways, after it was over my gf said she was 100% sure the dude was playing with himself the entire time and she couldn't actually watch BoBW because she kept getting grossed out by the goon.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Angela Christine posted:

Sort of. Everyone could get married lots of times, I think? And having sex with anyone you're married to isn't cheating on anyone else you're married to. But I'm not sure if casual sex with people you aren't married to would be frowned on.
They did have weird chain marriages, but they were totally DTF casually as well.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

iraqniphobia posted:

so half of his gut was hanging out from his shirt

my gf said she was 100% sure the dude was playing with himself the entire time

My theory is that his pannus flap and fold of underskin was itchy. Nobody can continually jerk off through that much Guinan screen time.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

iraqniphobia posted:

Speaking of those two parter Blu Rays....

Before they released the Blu Rays for those they showed them in movie theaters and I forced my gf to go along with me to the Best of Both Worlds. Some guy came in late and set right next to us and looked like the most typical basement dwelling goon you can imagine. He was probably 300+ pounds and only wearing a regular shirt so half of his gut was hanging out from his shirt and he had sweat pants shorts (sweat shorts?) on. Whatever, I keep my focus on the screen because the Borg look cool as poo poo in HD.

Anyways, after it was over my gf said she was 100% sure the dude was playing with himself the entire time and she couldn't actually watch BoBW because she kept getting grossed out by the goon.

Another Aatrek spotting.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sASAkm1Yro I may be easily amused, but Grin edits are amazing.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

First they brought X-Files back. Now they are bringing Coach back as a sitcom.

So Star Trek is next right? Hopefully they don't overshoot the timeline and bring back Original Trek.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I always imagined neelix having a two headed penis

That Turkey Story
Mar 30, 2003

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

I always imagined neelix having a two headed penis

Haha, I sometimes forget that's canon.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

yo, what 2 eps of TNG would you show a newcomer. profile: female, therefore it has to go easy on the technobabble. assume no prior knowledge of characters.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

opus111 posted:

yo, what 2 eps of TNG would you show a newcomer. profile: female, therefore it has to go easy on the technobabble. assume no prior knowledge of characters.

Well, if it's for a female I suppose any of the Troi episodes would do. Little technobabble and lots of talking about our feelings.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

opus111 posted:

Measure of a Man
Q-Who (or Peak Performance)

Both are season 2, both give a good grasp of the characters.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Angela Christine posted:

Well, if it's for a female I suppose any of the Troi episodes would do. Little technobabble and lots of talking about our feelings.

she might be triggered by the endless amount of rape troi experiences.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

ultrabindu posted:

Measure of a Man
Q-Who (or Peak Performance)

Both are season 2, both give a good grasp of the characters.

hmmm q who is a good idea. her english isn't fabulous so measure of a man might be too much.

i considered tin man.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Tell her the measure of a man is about dick sizing.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Universe Master posted:

Tell her the measure of a man is about dick sizing.

im already going into this worrying about the size of my weiner: this is the girl who is into black guys remember. im going to try and boost the power of my whiteness with some backup from Jean-luc Prickhard and co.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

opus111 posted:

im already going into this worrying about the size of my weiner: this is the girl who is into black guys remember. im going to try and boost the power of my whiteness with some backup from Jean-luc Prickhard and co.

Then definitely show her the Geordi holo-creep episode.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

opus111 posted:

hmmm q who is a good idea. her english isn't fabulous so measure of a man might be too much.

i considered tin man.

The borg episodes might be good for an ESL trek newbie. There is technobabble, but it is mostly to explain to hardcore fans why all the magical super science can't work on the Borg. Even without getting all the dialog the Borg manage to look more menacing than most Star Trek villains. And you get lots of flashing lights and shooty space scenes. Another culture wanting to "assimilate" you and take away everything that makes you YOU is a threat most people can understand.

I don't remember the names of any of the episodes though.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Angela Christine posted:

The borg episodes might be good for an ESL trek newbie. There is technobabble, but it is mostly to explain to hardcore fans why all the magical super science can't work on the Borg. Even without getting all the dialog the Borg manage to look more menacing than most Star Trek villains. And you get lots of flashing lights and shooty space scenes. Another culture wanting to "assimilate" you and take away everything that makes you YOU is a threat most people can understand.

I don't remember the names of any of the episodes though.

Q Who
Best of Both Worlds
I Borg
The Descent
(movie) First Contact

Is that it? Id recommend every one of those episodes, even if The Descent had a kinda weak second half its still pretty good.

Edit: The Borg were so great in TNG, then Voyager got ahold of them. Blarg.

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 27, 2015

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

just wanted to say farscape is a way better show than any star trek cheers

iraqniphobia
Aug 21, 2003

I used Q Who to introduce a girl to Star Trek and now she's about 10 episodes away from All Good Things so I vote for Q Who.

Other than that, I'd probably go for Data heavy episodes since most girls I know seem to pick him as their favorite character.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
The one where Geordi thinks that holo deck version of a scientist is his real gf and he meets her in real life and she sees how creepy he is would be a good choice too

iraqniphobia
Aug 21, 2003

Kuato posted:

The one where Geordi thinks that holo deck version of a scientist is his real gf and he meets her in real life and she sees how creepy he is would be a good choice too

In the All Good Things series finale future bits, he was married to that scientist

I always thought that was a pretty good laugh

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

iraqniphobia posted:

In the All Good Things series finale future bits, he was married to that scientist

I always thought that was a pretty good laugh

By then it was probably the holo character with the armband thing the Doctor had in Voyager from the future.

Only way it would ever happen for that nerd.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
It's never stated outright, but the Doctor had to cut open that futureborg's skull to get his mobile emitter back. They couldn't just make a new one.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

iraqniphobia posted:

Other than that, I'd probably go for Data heavy episodes since most girls I know seem to pick him as their favorite character.

Girls like super strong dudes who don't have emotional outbursts but also care deeply about their friends and also paint and has a cat and makes artisanal cat food to give the cat.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Didn't Data also write a poem about his cat? Just sayin.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Strong, sensitive, never gets mad, always there when you need him, never expected anything or had alterior motives. Data was a true alpha.

Data is what nice guys imagine themselves to be when they're crymasturbating to crusher and troi's calisthenics scenes.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Do you think Dr. Soong forgot to make Lore fully functional and that's why he's so mad all the time

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Data gets chicks because his cock vibrates.

C'mon.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Do you think Dr. Soong forgot to make Lore fully functional and that's why he's so mad all the time

I don't remember it actually happening in the TV series but Data claimed to be a sexhaver in First Contact.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Volcott posted:

I don't remember it actually happening in the TV series but Data claimed to be a sexhaver in First Contact.

he banged tasha yar

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Sudo Echo posted:

he banged tasha yar

And he took advantage of that grieving widow.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

What the gently caress ha ha ha

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
He had a girlfriend for an episode but she dumped him because he was emotionally unavailable.

Serial bachelor for life.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Rabble posted:

He had a girlfriend for an episode but she dumped him because he was emotionally unavailable.

Serial bachelor for life.

That episode was so loving weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
The episode that was weird was the one where Bartley got blasted by a space probe that turned him into a genius that intergrated himself in with the ship through the holodeck and flew the enterprise to some random planet where a giant disembodied head appeared on the bridge and was like "oh cool, you guys are neat lookng." Then they took away Bartley's newfound gifts and that's the last you hear about it.

• Locked thread