Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Drugs posted:

The likelihood of that story being the true sequence of events is zero

I agree, there's not the remotest chance that a single part of the story Lachie Hunter told the AFL investigators is true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
lol at healy masturbating furiously over geelong somehow managing to find this unknown player mitch clark

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
David King: Geelong will be lucky to make the finals, North are a premiership contender on the back of Jarrod Waite

:allears:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Hnnnn well Geelong are in that dangerous zone where they could get involved in a mid-ladder struggle, but I think if some of their younger players start taking the lead more they should do OK.

North will be thereabouts, they've probably moved ahead of Freo at least. If everything goes right for them they could go all the way although Hawthorn will remain the yardstick, Sydney will be pissed off (always a pretty effective motivator), and Port should have bags of confidence to go with their stamina.

Collingwood are going to be shithouse. Maybe mid-ladder if you're feeling generous.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
7th or 8th is the Cats' ceiling this year. Last year 3rd was a huge overachievement. Our defence is slow and old. The forward line and Joel Selwood will pull us out of a few fires though.

I think Gold Coast will move past North.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
North have got one more year where they have realistic top 4 expectations before the age of their list starts to catch up to them.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Jack Steven has signed up till 2020, nice get for the saints to lock him up.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Shmoses posted:

7th or 8th is the Cats' ceiling this year. Last year 3rd was a huge overachievement. Our defence is slow and old. The forward line and Joel Selwood will pull us out of a few fires though.

I think Gold Coast will move past North.

Nah I think Clark and Hawkins is one of if not the best forward duo in the comp and will see them carry their aging backline.

Time ot get fantasy all sorted out, our leagues are a bit thin, Ultimatefooty draft is this Saturday!

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

TG-Chrono posted:

Nah I think Clark and Hawkins is one of if not the best forward duo in the comp and will see them carry their aging backline.

Time ot get fantasy all sorted out, our leagues are a bit thin, Ultimatefooty draft is this Saturday!

If Clark stays healthy it's imo the best forward duo in the comp, a healthy Clark would have been knocking on the door for AA selection while playing for Melbourne under Neeld.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

TG-Chrono posted:

Having your forward line carry your backline is always a risky proposition. I'm kinda hoping for an 89-esque year where we score a zillion points but let in a zillion. We lost a game despite scoring 163 that year.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
We need two more teams for the Supercoach league. Join code is 775659.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Just joined. I thought it was already in it but I guess there are 2 goon leagues?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

tnimark posted:

Just joined. I thought it was already in it but I guess there are 2 goon leagues?

Yeah 1 is 18 team, Laycock cup, I chucked up the Cash Splash again to be 10 man, play each other twice.

e: WE'RE FULLUP

Paracausal fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 26, 2015

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Don't know if anyone's had a chance to watch this yet butttt fuuuuuuuuuuck getting pumped for next week.
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-03-25/2015-season-launch-film-grabbing-the-moment-

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Oh drat I thought we were going to merge the leagues into one, one way or the other so missed out on the Goon Cash Splash league. Weird that it let you create that, when I tried creating the initial league it wouldn't let me use the word goon as it said it was offensive language, hence having to rename the league otherwise Id have kept it as Goon Cash Splash like last year.

Also, these are loving horrifying (image too big for this page)

http://i.imgur.com/2q7oa0g.jpg

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

'toffees'

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Is the Footy Tipping comp back up for this season?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

You Am I posted:

Yep, if you were in it last year you should be auto-enrolled.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Pretty happy with this lineup.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Luke Dahlhaus has re-signed for three years.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
My team still needs tweaking, I've got the GAJ in there still

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Is everyone that is in the goon cash splash league in the Laycock league? If not, do you want to open it up to more people and people from Laycock can move across so we have just one league? Or is it a draft league?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

You Am I posted:

Yeah, same bat time, same bat channel, you should be able to log in as all the details have carried over. The site's had a bit of a redesign but is basically the same.

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

thepokey posted:

Is everyone that is in the goon cash splash league in the Laycock league? If not, do you want to open it up to more people and people from Laycock can move across so we have just one league? Or is it a draft league?

That's who is in the Jason Laycock Cup. Do we need 2 going?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Richmonds injury list:
David Astbury - indefinite (stingray)

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Mar 26, 2015

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Still need people for ultimate footy too, as we're still at 8 teams out of a possible 16. :siren:Draft is in 2 days, but can be changed to facilitate any new joins.:siren:
http://ultimate-footy.theage.com.au/145134/

Pass is lljk

The Eagles' "lol we're going to sell all the GA tickets at the beginning of the season" is running as predicted. Ticketmaster has crashed and scalpers are already listing tickets at 300% markup. loving retarded.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Mar 26, 2015

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
The draft not being on a Saturday night would be better for me, but if it works for the majority it's no biggie if I just autodraft.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I don't mind changing it to any day prior to next Thursday so long as it suits most. The date/time is just tentative for the moment. Can always skip the first week of the season too. Would really like to see us get to 12 teams like last year, because 8 teams is going to be pretty pointless for a draft unless we up the roster size.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Mar 26, 2015

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Gough Suppressant posted:

Richmonds injury list:
David Astbury - indefinite (stingray)

Oh, the Jarrad Grant special?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

TG-Chrono posted:

Pretty happy with this lineup.

if gold coast's jumper actually looked like that it wouldnt be half bad

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
this isnt the best satire site ive seen but this headline made me laugh http://insidesauce.com/tony-abbott-turns-james-hird-advice-clinging-power/

lightinwater
Jan 1, 2014

Diet Crack posted:

Still need people for ultimate footy too, as we're still at 8 teams out of a possible 16. :siren:Draft is in 2 days, but can be changed to facilitate any new joins.:siren:
http://ultimate-footy.theage.com.au/145134/

Pass is lljk

The Eagles' "lol we're going to sell all the GA tickets at the beginning of the season" is running as predicted. Ticketmaster has crashed and scalpers are already listing tickets at 300% markup. loving retarded.
Captains aren't really suitable for draft leagues?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I think they added that this year and I was willing to roll with it to spice things up.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I'll jump in on the ultimate footy league, I just can't do Sarurday night, will be out of iInternet range, any other night will be fine.

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

I can do any night for the next week or so except Sunday.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Diet Crack posted:

I think they added that this year and I was willing to roll with it to spice things up.

No, I was in another UF comp with it last year. I enjoy picking the captain each week. I was annoyed at first because I thought whoever had GAJ would win easily, but I picked up Rockliff in the second round, so :smug:

edit: just joined, league now has 11

gabensraum fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 27, 2015

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
signed up because why not i guess

carn the WestgateBridgeDemons

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Every time a team joins UF shuffles the draft order, want to lock the comp to 12 teams and when the final team joins we go with that? It's handy to know your picks in advance to make some kind of plan.

edit: beaten, nevermind. at this rate you might get 16.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I hope I remember to set a pre-draft order tomorrow during the day, otherwise it's going to be a hilarious mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I might slap a draft selection thingy together tonight just in case the draft doesn't get shifted. I've only ever done dreamteam, this should be a bit more interesting.

• Locked thread