Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoredMarc
Jun 14, 2010
DUMB AS SHIT
Xpadder decided to start working and the snes controller seems to work pretty well except I can't think of how to bind the item keys... oh wait I just thought of it. I'm a dumbfuck.

Anyway my character is Buzzle so please accept me into the guild when I apply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I was considering Elementalist with my Avenger out of FP. What about her male counterpart, how does he play?

I said earlier I was gonna make a Launcher but I kind of don't want to redo something I've already done in ye olde DFO. I've done Asura, F. Grappler, M. Brawler, Berserker, Launcher, Glacial Master, and Rogue before, all up to 50 or so. Maybe one of the Nens or one of the Mechanics, or Elementalist.

Male elementalist is a blast, and is like an elementalist only with way bigger, more damaging, and more spammable aoes. Someone told me they're bad at max level compared to female elementalist because f. ele got her second awakening and m. ele's still like a year away, but I'm not sure how much of the case this is. Even if f. ele ends up stronger, I can't imagine that even at max level f. ele is more fun than m. ele - f. ele is an old class and feels old.

sithael
Nov 11, 2004
I'm a Sad Panda too!
applied to the guild as catpants, im gonna hit things with a flyswatter

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Wolpertinger posted:

Male elementalist is a blast, and is like an elementalist only with way bigger, more damaging, and more spammable aoes. Someone told me they're bad at max level compared to female elementalist because f. ele got her second awakening and m. ele's still like a year away, but I'm not sure how much of the case this is. Even if f. ele ends up stronger, I can't imagine that even at max level f. ele is more fun than m. ele - f. ele is an old class and feels old.
I didn't get far with elebomber, but what I played was pretty much just xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the occasional use of the awful crystal drop skill. It gets better?

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I didn't get far with elebomber, but what I played was pretty much just xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the occasional use of the awful crystal drop skill. It gets better?

Yeah, they get some pretty crazy aoes - and even early elebomber xxxx is a million times better than early f.ele, or the f.ele I remember from the nexon version, anyway. iirc, f. ele just melees with a stick and has no ranged x, runs out of mana constantly, and her main method of defense is to take damage to mp so she has to drink even more mana potions.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So I'm trying to set up XPadder with DFO, but I'm having no luck getting it to recognize any sort of button inputs in game. I'm on Windows 8 running it as administrator plus compatibility. Trying to use an Xbox 360 controller. Anyone have any luck with it or have any similar issues? If I bind the arrow keys to just arrow keys I can walk with the DPad or Left stick, but nothing else works no matter how I bind it.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

LightningSquid posted:

Applied as Fractal!

When does Elementalist hit its stride again? I know it gets fun later, but I'm level 25 now and it's a little grating.

I have a level 27 elementalist and it seems pretty awesome already

throw a doll, get my buff up, then throw out a fire pillar and watch everything in the room take between 90-100% has been my gameplan since class change

black hole seems to completely destroy bosses and other rear end in a top hat enemies with it's suction effect

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I don't mind xxxxx so much as long as there's other stuff to throw in, maybe I'll give M Ele a try first.

Really I just want the class with the flashiest, brightest and most satisfying attacks v:shobon:v

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Submitted a guild request as CallOfBakal. I like Avenger a little bit more than monk, but that's probably because I haven't got the hang of monk yet.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Applying to the guild as Rill. Still quite new to this, the furthest I ever got on the old version was level 10 or so. Certainly a much better starting area if nothing else.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
drat, I was able to play for a few hours last night with no problems and today xigncode is crashing the game after five minutes or so. Really don't have any idea what could be triggering it, either.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Thanks to whoever suggested berserker to me. The first 15 levels were a bit painful, but pretty much instantly on getting my subclass things just turned into a bloody tornado of death. Having great fun with it.

e: I do hork down hp pots at a pretty unreasonable pace, but they're cheapish so whatever.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Nurge posted:

Thanks to whoever suggested berserker to me. The first 15 levels were a bit painful, but pretty much instantly on getting my subclass things just turned into a bloody tornado of death. Having great fun with it.

e: I do hork down hp pots at a pretty unreasonable pace, but they're cheapish so whatever.

Once you get Diehard you'll never/barely need potions again.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

JAssassin posted:

So I'm trying to set up XPadder with DFO, but I'm having no luck getting it to recognize any sort of button inputs in game. I'm on Windows 8 running it as administrator plus compatibility. Trying to use an Xbox 360 controller. Anyone have any luck with it or have any similar issues? If I bind the arrow keys to just arrow keys I can walk with the DPad or Left stick, but nothing else works no matter how I bind it.

Fat and Useless posted:

Steps to getting the controller working for me:

1. Plug in controller
2. Start xpadder, set up xpadder buttons, make sure you turn on windows 7 compatibility and run as admin
3. Close xpadder
4. Start DFO and get in game
*Can you move with your controller? If no your controller isn't being seen, god really hates you*
5. Input the buttons via keyboard in the hotkeys
6. Start xpadder
*Test and see if you can talk to someone using your controller x hotkey or try a dungeon, if no then god hates you*

I use:
Skills 1-6 qwerty ( L1 R1 L2 R2 select start in that order)
Skills 7-12 uiop[] (Dpad up right down left [right nub press] [left nub press] in that order)
Attack x (x on xbox)
Skill z (y on xbox)
Skill 2 c (b on xbox)
Jump space (b on xbox)
Item 1 1 (left nub up)
Item 2 2 (left nub down)
^you can add in item 3 and 4 to left and right but I'm too lazy to gently caress with the dead zones to make it not annoying^

Let DFO use the left nub to move, no setup needed.

Using windows 8.1

kontona
May 3, 2003

glad this game is back.

played around with a couple of classes and decided to make a male nen again. kind of painful until i get spirals and nen cannon.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I don't mind xxxxx so much as long as there's other stuff to throw in, maybe I'll give M Ele a try first.

Really I just want the class with the flashiest, brightest and most satisfying attacks v:shobon:v

You start spamming actual spells after lvl 40 or so. Before that mashing xxx with Light element attacks will get you through pretty much everything.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Eddain posted:

You start spamming actual spells after lvl 40 or so. Before that mashing xxx with Light element attacks will get you through pretty much everything.

Hmm. What about glacial master post 30? That's as far as I got before.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
I liked being a Female Fighter, so that I could suplex giant minotaurs, and heck, I like it now, even though there are little gnomes instead. Applying as Minjo.

Red Minjo fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 26, 2015

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Ciaphas posted:

Hmm. What about glacial master post 30? That's as far as I got before.

Not as flashy but they get the job done.

If you want flashy F.Nen, Launcher, and Ele Bomber can all light up the screen constantly.

F.Nen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg-G3pg4Sg8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws6M3j5nhVU

Launcher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxwkygjeTTA

Bomber
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUDzIGZtf2w

Second awakening crusader is really cool too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBcE3pCfXG8

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Mar 26, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

If earlyish Crusaders had more soloability on the way to being geared out the rear end I'd play them without question, mostly because of the theme. :v:

Thanks for the videos, I'll give some thought.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

How's Glacial Master? I just picked it because the video made it look like playing Jin from BlazBlue. I like Jin.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Also can I just say that the music in Leshpon (Reshpon? I dunno which is the Engrish :saddowns:) really rules? It's out of place as hell for a brawler but I think that's why I like it!

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Applying as Bellsprout. Let's see how fun being a Summoner is.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Y'all cats looking for flash need to consider asura.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Is it viable to be able to solo as a battle Crusader but then party up as a full support crusader by swapping your skills whenever you feel like partying?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Applied to the guild as Vanderdeath. Super stoked that this game is back.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

If earlyish Crusaders had more soloability on the way to being geared out the rear end I'd play them without question, mostly because of the theme. :v:

Thanks for the videos, I'll give some thought.

Same, that video is tempting me, but I know firsthand how painful low level 'sader is.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Endorph posted:

How's Glacial Master? I just picked it because the video made it look like playing Jin from BlazBlue. I like Jin.

my friend who loves pushing lots of buttons likes it a lot, and it seems powerful for PvE. I've heard it's trash garbage for PvP but he's adamant that he's gonna be the guy who revolutionizes GM PvP

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Is it pretty much expected to solo the first few levels? I am getting my butt kicked by the third stage as a male Slayer.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Is it pretty much expected to solo the first few levels? I am getting my butt kicked by the third stage as a male Slayer.

The levels are noticeably harder than in original DFO, but they should still be manageable solo. Remember that you have consumables that you can use in a pinch.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Endorph posted:

I don't know how Good they are in an endgame sense but they are tons of fun and feel like playing Jin from BlazBlue except with more ice. Always more ice, forever.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
Looks like the character creation timer isn't related to the fatigue reset timer - I can create another two characters, now. I'm not sure when it triggered, but I couldn't like 6 hours ago.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

Anonymous Robot posted:

Y'all cats looking for flash need to consider asura.

I was only able to do one dungeon after becoming an Asura but holy moly this is great. I worried about getting stuck with that dinky looking short sword but it works great with that wave beams, and I'm kinda in love with the giant magical sawblades that seem to be everywhere. Wave Brand's heartbeat is weirding me out though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Countblanc posted:

my friend who loves pushing lots of buttons likes it a lot, and it seems powerful for PvE. I've heard it's trash garbage for PvP but he's adamant that he's gonna be the guy who revolutionizes GM PvP
i wish him the best. ganbare.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

I'm on Win 7, but I had better luck running Xpadder before launching the game. (Running with admin privileges won't stick if Xpadder is already in background, so check the task bar)

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3h_D1_1Urc

Almost every class looks so flashy its hard to pick what to play.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

holy gently caress m.grappler is amazing

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
When does the FP reset, obama

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Bugsy posted:

Good news west server players:

Well I already made a dude on the East Coast server in the meantime and the latency isn't that bad so gently caress the west coast server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Do other players see the sniper scope when a Spitfire uses Neil?

• Locked thread