Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vavy
Feb 23, 2007
Ugh, seeing Indians happy now has made me immediately regret backing them. I just need a shot of Kohli's wretched face geeing up the boys to really make me turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
19 runs off 6 overs at this point in the game :negative:

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Do you think 400's still on guys

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Bloody Twatto

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

lmao at watson; why do u pay this guy so much

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Watto's a dot magnet

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Doctor Cave posted:

Do you think 400's still on guys

23.5 per over, easy.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
i just want both teams to lose how can this be achieved

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Starc is gonna need to do some work I think

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Lmao Faulkner swings bloody hard.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

350 on here

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
290-310 on here...

Shame - India will chase this easily.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
550 on here

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

:whatup:

Edit:

:wattoup:

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Interesting coincidence that the "comebacks" coincide with Watson batting

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Shane Dotson

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
loving Watson, get off strike you loving dickhead

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Watson is so poo poo.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
What I don't get is that I've never heard a commentator lay into him. No one calls him out as crap. They'll occasionally say he has to improve but I want truth bombs.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
need more than 5 per ball now for Warney's 400

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lolstralia.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

It's a pressure situation, Watson is literally the worst player in the team to have at the crease

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

markgreyam posted:

What I don't get is that I've never heard a commentator lay into him. No one calls him out as crap. They'll occasionally say he has to improve but I want truth bombs.

From what I've heard of the Australian commentators, they never say a bad word about any of the Aussie players.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

This is going to take something very special from Starc and Johnson

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

gently caress. At least Faulkner was going for it

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Watto is going to take 40 deliveries to get into the Watto zone despite there being only 5 overs left in the innings

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Lazy shot.

webmeister posted:

Watson is literally the worst player in the team

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Australia should have been doing far better than they have given their start but I still see Starc ripping through this India side.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

webmeister posted:

It's a pressure situation, Watson is literally the worst player in the team to have at the crease

He can't place the ball at all. He's the anti Smith. Hopefully Smith replaces him at 3 in test cricket too..

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Watson needs to start swinging his bat or get the gently caress out of the middle and never come back.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The Rabbi T. White posted:

From what I've heard of the Australian commentators, they never say a bad word about any of the Aussie players.

They're all best mates with the players, of course they won't criticise them

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Inside edge there *daylight* yeh just a little edge there.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
e: ^^^ I thought he did get a faint edge onto the stumps.

webmeister posted:

Yeah, but I meant every other commentator. Not even the non-Australian commentators will ever have a go.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

webmeister posted:

And judging from what Warney was saying about Maxwell before, sometimes a little more than friends.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Bevoooooo, maaaate

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

markgreyam posted:

e: ^^^ I thought he did get a faint edge onto the stumps.

Yeah, but I meant every other commentator. Not even the non-Australian commentators will ever have a go.

They'd probably lose their contracts.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

webmeister posted:

It's not that they're best mates with the players, they are contractually obligated not to say anything bad about the Aus. players, and talk up the mateymateyness of everybody.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

markgreyam posted:

It'd be their last game on Channel 9 if they did, remember that the guy with overall responsibility for cricket broadcasting is very average former Shield player Bad Macnamara

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

BrigadierSensible posted:

It's not that they're best mates with the players, they are contractually obligated not to say anything bad about the Aus. players, and talk up the mateymateyness of everybody.

That's the case for channel 9, this is an ICC broadcast.

Not that it matters since the rules are probably the same.