Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

Poison Mushroom posted:

Except this one.

##vote TheRam

:wink:

uh oh ahhh

how could you nooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

wall monitor (4): fiery_valkyrie, Rarity, Max, Opopanax
Opopanax (4): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, TheRam, CapitalistPig, Murmur Twin, DuckHuntDog, CapitalistPig
TheRam (1): Poison Mushroom
Hal Incandenza (1): EXAKT Science
EXAKT Science (0): Rarity, Rarity
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE (0): Opopanax, Opopanax
fiery_valkyrie (0): EXAKT Science, wall monitor, EXAKT Science, wall monitor
CapitalistPig (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
Rarity (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
King Burgundy (0): DuckHuntDog, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, DuckHuntDog
Max (0): Rarity, Rarity
Poison Mushroom (0): Poison Mushroom, Max, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Poison Mushroom, Max

Not Voting (5): CapitalistPig, Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, VivaNova, wall monitor

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 27th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Opopanax posted:

Do you guys really think I just blundered in here without reading a single thing the instant I got my PM?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So are you saying you did get a PM?

I'm genuinely confused by the fact that people are talking about anything besides Opop at the moment.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm genuinely confused by the fact that people are talking about anything besides Opop at the moment.

I agree, and all this movement onto wall monitor looks like scum trying to shift the agenda

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
##vote Opop

As good a vote as any, I guess. v:v:v

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

King Burgundy posted:

How is that different from how he normally posts?

I know Hal has a meta, but I don't want to just let that go. I know he lurks a lot, and in light of his last few posts, I feel a bit better about him. ##unvote

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

I can't figure it out. I can tell you it was this post that started pinging me:

But reading through it again I'm not seeing why.

Are you and Rarity avoiding talking about each other in the context of the game for a reason?

You were pinged because it was an inappropriately wordy post early in the game that suggests Viva wants to look like shes heavily involved when she could have made that post with 1/5 of the words. She also doesn't make any real reads!

I don't see it as a particularly scummy post at this point, of course. Scummier than townie? Sure.

Rarity posted:

Ok, realtalk this is a bad post. WM flakes out on his vote at the first sign of weakness in his case. He's more worried about what other people will think of him than what he thinks about FV.

##vote WM

I don't feel the same way. To think of WM as scum you have to almost think of them as Meinberg

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Do you guys really think I just blundered in here without reading a single thing the instant I got my PM?

Opopanax posted:

Actually never mind that does sound like something I'd do.

Opop, rolling over would have done you more favors than these two posts haha

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm toying around with the idea that TheRam is scum.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Why do you think that?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

What did he say that is triggering you?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I don't feel the same way. To think of WM as scum you have to almost think of them as Meinberg

What? How? I'm gonna need you to explain that in more detail. The only thing you need to remember is that WM has never been scum before so he will be prone to newbie scum mistakes.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

What did he say that is triggering you?

A lot of his posts are sort of like he's super faking his interest and overblowing his emotions in general. I'm trying to decide if he's full of it or if he's just far more emotional than I remember.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

What? How? I'm gonna need you to explain that in more detail. The only thing you need to remember is that WM has never been scum before so he will be prone to newbie scum mistakes.

That changes my perspective some but it's like they're SO nervous that they're unable to speak coherent sentences. Meinberg is like that - he struggles with social interaction, even on a forum interface.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

That changes my perspective some but it's like they're SO nervous that they're unable to speak coherent sentences.

Do you mean that's how WM comes off or how WM would have to be read for you to think him scum?

Meinberg is like that - he struggles with social interaction, even on a forum interface.

Disagree with this, but that's kind of a tangent.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Do you mean that's how WM comes off or how WM would have to be read for you to think him scum?

Disagree with this, but that's kind of a tangent.

That's how WM reads. To think they're scum, I would imagine a more reserved approach, especially if it was their first time. It's an all vanilla game. Why would they flop about like that as scum? In effect, I want to see more from WM. I think Opop is a vastly superior vote.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Good morning, goons!

I really like how Diqnol is engaging with the thread right now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

That's how WM reads. To think they're scum, I would imagine a more reserved approach, especially if it was their first time. It's an all vanilla game. Why would they flop about like that as scum? In effect, I want to see more from WM. I think Opop is a vastly superior vote.

You don't think the small number of posts/short sentences used in those posts are reserved?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

A lot of his posts are sort of like he's super faking his interest and overblowing his emotions in general. I'm trying to decide if he's full of it or if he's just far more emotional than I remember.

looooool misread of the century m8

I refuse to care about this game until a few hours where I submit a sexy ~11k word document. I don't have the mental faculties to care about mafia right now.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

You don't think the small number of posts/short sentences used in those posts are reserved?

Reserved in a different sense of the word. I don't know how to describe it and its actually churning my stomach knowing I can't communicate this concept well, but I'm going to try. If WM was being careful as one would assume they would be on a first time scum, they wouldn't probably put themselves out there that quickly on such a silly, weak case. I don't see it. I think your overzealous approach of WM is more interesting, actually!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TheRam posted:

looooool misread of the century m8

I refuse to care about this game until a few hours where I submit a sexy ~11k word document. I don't have the mental faculties to care about mafia right now.

I'm not voting for you chieftain, why don't you "cool your jets" or, as they say in the colonies, "hang ten". There's a better vote option out today. You have plenty of time to care about the game later.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

hey diqbutt, how much does opop flipping scum affect your read on me?

if you think I'm scum are you saying you believe me to be hard-bussing opop on the basis of you catching his slip?

If opop did actually scum slip and you exposed it I'm giving you a shitload of townie cred, which is what I'm anticipating... probably wouldn't entertain the idea of you bussing for a few game days (it's possible since I suppose anyone could have detected the slip and you might want to set yourself up to be an ~~~ENDGAME PARTICIPANT~~~

either way, you throwing a scum sus on me is pretty stupid, dumb dumb

it'd be cool if you and me had a slap fight and the scum team was you me and opop. I think that would be a masterplay and we'd almost certainly win I'm not sure if there are cop magic powers in this game tho that might be our undoing!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I'm not voting for you chieftain, why don't you "cool your jets" or, as they say in the colonies, "hang ten". There's a better vote option out today. You have plenty of time to care about the game later.

I know you're not voting me.

Also I've never heard anyone other than americans use those phrases.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

that was still a garbage read, diqbutt. do better or you might be scum.

you are the one who wanted the vanilla game I am disappointed maybe

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

How dare I fish for interactions.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You haven't done anything to merit me thinking you are town, TheRam. Why are you reacting this way?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

How dare I fish for interactions.

o so that's how it is

you're sayin you played me?

ok m8, if I am not passed out or too high I will show you what it means to generate content!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Cardinal sin of mafia #1: tying people's alignments before there are any flips

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Reserved in a different sense of the word. I don't know how to describe it and its actually churning my stomach knowing I can't communicate this concept well, but I'm going to try. If WM was being careful as one would assume they would be on a first time scum, they wouldn't probably put themselves out there that quickly on such a silly, weak case. I don't see it. I think your overzealous approach of WM is more interesting, actually!

I'm having difficulty relating what you're describing with what WM posted. I wouldn't call what he was doing as putting himself out there, I'd say it's trying to sneak it through under the radar. To me his posts read a lot like someone trying to be careful.

And yes, I am taking a proactive approach here! Convincing other people to see my reads has always been the weakest part of my town game so it's something I'm trying to improve.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

"##vote FV" "I still want to vote for FV" "Oh, it was a joke? Maybe not then...##unvote"

I think that's very sloppy stuff and nothing that a first time super nervous scum would do.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

"##vote FV" "I still want to vote for FV" "Oh, it was a joke? Maybe not then...##unvote"

I think that's very sloppy stuff and nothing that a first time super nervous scum would do.

I guess we just have a difference of opinion then cause I think it's exactly what a first time super nervous scum would do.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

I guess we just have a difference of opinion then cause I think it's exactly what a first time super nervous scum would do.

I think a first time nervous scum would be asking for advice from scumbros and trying to latch onto other cases.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

You're making a lot of assumptions here about how a newbie scum "would" play. I disagree with your opinion that there is only one way that new scum would play and that this isn't it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I think a first time nervous scum would be asking for advice from scumbros and trying to latch onto other cases.

Ok, I see your point. But I don't think that's the only way newbie scum would play and assuming scum only act one way is the kind of thinking that allows scum to win.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Godammit FV :argh:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

So, you see this as coming from a town mindset?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Godammit FV :argh:

Great minds Rarity....

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You're making a lot of assumptions here about how a newbie scum "would" play. I disagree with your opinion that there is only one way that new scum would play and that this isn't it.

That's fair. There is no cookie cutter way of things, but I still don't see that play as scummy. I have a lot of trouble imagining that interaction from a scum perspective.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So, you see this as coming from a town mindset?

I see it coming from a dumb perspective and I feel like a 1st time scum would be playing too carefully! So yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

That's fair. There is no cookie cutter way of things, but I still don't see that play as scummy. I have a lot of trouble imagining that interaction from a scum perspective.

Can you explain the town thought process behind that series of posts please?

• Locked thread