Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

I wouldn't expect anything of actual quality to be associated with Spoony, let alone his fans opinions on wrestling

I kinda enjoy the dude, but I half expect that to be Antwiler himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

TNA "legend" Sting. It was just amazing how they made him just another guy within a couple of years.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gaz-L posted:

I kinda enjoy the dude, but I half expect that to be Antwiler himself.
Spoony is actually never on his own forums.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

achillesforever6 posted:

Spoony is actually never on his own forums.

Who is Spoony and why are his forums a festering pile of poo poo?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Nystral posted:

Reviews movies and video games and stuff, yells, sometimes reviews wrestling shows. And pretty much every forum is poo poo because people are.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Great White Hope posted:

Paul Heyman should not manage anyone other than Brock unless A) Brock retires, or B) Heyman turns on Brock. In any other situation Heyman being around is just a reminder that whoever he's managing is not Brock.

What If Punk Comes Back

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Dr. rear end posted:

What If Punk Comes Back

I assume Punk is the heavyweight champ of UFC by now so he's not coming back.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Xerzes posted:

Reviews movies and video games and stuff, yells, sometimes reviews wrestling shows. And pretty much every forum is poo poo because people are.
Also spoony is a guy who's said and done some really weird/creepy poo poo so pretty much all of the people left on his forums are guys who took his side when that caused a big blow-up.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Endorph posted:

Also spoony is a guy who's said and done some really weird/creepy poo poo so pretty much all of the people left on his forums are guys who took his side when that caused a big blow-up.

He's also legitimately sick and it didn't help that he attached himself to the biggest group of gently caress ups and spergs on the internet in TGWTG

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It's the Metsman with another hot scoop for the internet.

quote:

I have been told that Brock Lesnar's contract is set for 3 years at $3 million a year. Brock is working a limited schedule during this new contract just like he was with his older contract.

The WWE championship match has been heavily discussed since Brock has confirmed to be staying with WWE. Writers have been working night and day with Vince, Triple H and their inner circle on possible outcomes for the match.

I am being told that Vince is on board with the idea of having Brock retain the WWE title, Cena win the U.S. title and either Sheamus or Daniel Bryan winning the I.C. title. It is still not confirmed however what role if any Sheamus will play at WrestleMania.

I have also been told Roman Reigns is being compared to Lex Luger and his push in 1993 and early 1994. Lex was pushed to the moon but never got over as the WWE wanted at the time. Thus Vince went with the fan favorite Bret Hart and Luger fizzled of into mid-card status.

I have also been told that Dean Ambrose is to get a heavy push leading into SummerSlam.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

DrVenkman posted:

It's the Metsman with another hot scoop for the internet.

1. That's less than Brock is making now. Bullshit he signed on for less money.

2. I don't doubt the fact that the writers are still writing mania, considering Meltzer already reported they wanted to solidify plans on monday

3. Yes, you know who's compared him to Lex Luger? EVERYONE. And we know the story of Lex Luger

4.And people will talk about based Mets because they want to habeeb

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Vince wants Sheamus to win the ladder match, but then again they might not use him on the show. Bases well covered.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Nystral posted:

Remember that guy who posted the banme in one of the discussion threads a while back? That's an example of the kind of person who hangs out at the Spoony forums.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Delsaber posted:

Remember that guy who posted the banme in one of the discussion threads a while back? That's an example of the kind of person who hangs out at the Spoony forums.

Actually I think you'd find the moderation and general community for that board trends the other way. They are a bunch of complete loving wankers on the Spoony forums. These are the kind of people who cult around a dude with legit mental illness who I think is finally on his meds? I dunno I stopped paying attention to that nonsense years ago.

Basically think of the Spoony forums as people who would defend Bill DeMott, and would form a cult around Chris Benoit.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Isn't Delsaber talking about the guy who flipped out because of Gamergate/SJW's or something in the WWE Discussion?

Because those are totally the kind of people who I think would defend DeMott and idolise Benoit.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Onmi posted:

1. That's less than Brock is making now. Bullshit he signed on for less money.

2. I don't doubt the fact that the writers are still writing mania, considering Meltzer already reported they wanted to solidify plans on monday

3. Yes, you know who's compared him to Lex Luger? EVERYONE. And we know the story of Lex Luger

4.And people will talk about based Mets because they want to habeeb

One thing I did read is that Brock stated money wasn't his only factor and that his family didn't want to have to worry about him. Doesn't that pay essentially put him on par with what he probably would've got as a UFC fighter? Except he doesn't have to do anywhere near the same amount of training. To me that's not as unbelievable as it would first seem.

Though saying that Meltzer is saying he got a raise, but it's not known by how much and how many dates he's doing.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That pay is nowhere near what he would make for a UFC fight when you factor in the massive PPV bonus that he would get because he is the biggest draw the UFC ever had. If money was the only factor, Brock would have gone back to MMA. Re-signing is the happy medium between getting paid a fuckton of money and not working that much/getting punched on the dome.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Charles Gnarwin posted:

That pay is nowhere near what he would make for a UFC fight when you factor in the massive PPV bonus that he would get because he is the biggest draw the UFC ever had. If money was the only factor, Brock would have gone back to MMA. Re-signing is the happy medium between getting paid a fuckton of money and not working that much/getting punched on the dome.

Isn't his WWE pay now going to be closer to 5 million a year? Meltzer noted he got a raise, and it was generally accepted he was on more than 3 Million a year before. While I'm sure that health concerns were part of it (The Observer notes that his wife was dead against him going back to UFC), he also hung on for a sweet sweet deal.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Charles Gnarwin posted:

There's also a shitload of expenses related to MMA that add up over time. Not that it really has a great effect for someone who makes as much as Brock, but it's still not super cheap, especially if you're a recluse like him who's flying people in to train and live and poo poo

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

quote:

WWE is planning a Brock vs. Rock match as the main draw for WM32, because they've finally given up trying to build stars and are just going to milk the old ones.

Discuss.
Yeah WWE is really dumb in trying to do a match that would make them boatloads of money

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah WWE is really dumb in trying to do a match that would make them boatloads of money

Well I mean it's only one of the biggest draws in wrestling versus one of the biggest draws in MMA AND Wrestling. I mean it's not like like they have a 100,000 seat stadium to fill up next year.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

achillesforever6 posted:

On one hand it's a short term money while continuing to kill their future.

On the other hand, they've already destroyed their #brand for the last 15 years and have no hope of any future. I was very interested to see what the company would do a few years ago when it seemed like they realized that they had blown it in terms of making stars. All the guys they had been leaning on from the 90s retired in a 3-5 year period, and there was a point where they seemed like they realized they had no choice but to actually try and make stars.

Then they just realized they could grab retired guys for cameos.

Also they were gonna do this last year before Rock got hurt, weren't they? They're just running the match that was planned.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Nut Bunnies posted:

On one hand it's a short term money while continuing to kill their future.

This is my view of it, yeah its going to be a huge main event but then as Dave's said they sell a shitload of Mania tickets before they've even announced matches so I'm not entirely convinced they need to keep bringing in these older guys to main event at Mania to draw a huge crowd, and they're going to announce a new attendance record for Mania 32 regardless of how many people are there. Plus they can't push Brock vs Rock as first time ever, or either guy's first match in years, or even their only match of the year since Brock's gonna be around all year. I just can't see this match making the level of money they're expecting.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

achillesforever6 posted:

As a huge Rock mark, I am eager for him to get his win back from Summerslam 2002.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

njsykora posted:

This is my view of it, yeah its going to be a huge main event but then as Dave's said they sell a shitload of Mania tickets before they've even announced matches so I'm not entirely convinced they need to keep bringing in these older guys to main event at Mania to draw a huge crowd, and they're going to announce a new attendance record for Mania 32 regardless of how many people are there. Plus they can't push Brock vs Rock as first time ever, or either guy's first match in years, or even their only match of the year since Brock's gonna be around all year. I just can't see this match making the level of money they're expecting.

It's a match that would be more two all time legends of the sport meeting on the grandest stage possible. Two men who transcend wrestling and one of them with a grudge. It also has some nice subtle build since Heyman brings up Brock beating the Rock every so often. It's a good attention grabbing, headline match for a stacked card. If they have some kind of great angle to kick it off all the better. I don't think it is as strong as Cena/Rock but it's something that feels special.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I can't wait for Brock Lesnar to accidentally kill The Rock when he tears every single roided up muscle in his body all at once during this match.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MassRafTer posted:

It's a match that would be more two all time legends of the sport meeting on the grandest stage possible. Two men who transcend wrestling and one of them with a grudge. It also has some nice subtle build since Heyman brings up Brock beating the Rock every so often. It's a good attention grabbing, headline match for a stacked card. If they have some kind of great angle to kick it off all the better. I don't think it is as strong as Cena/Rock but it's something that feels special.

I was with you up to the stacked card part, because I see no way that won't end up being a one match show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

njsykora posted:

I was with you up to the stacked card part, because I see no way that won't end up being a one match show.

I think they'll do Taker's retirement match on the show, and I'd expect some sort of a special guest match for either Cena or HHH plus whatever the title match is. I'm not sure what they'd do but I think they'll try.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

MassRafTer posted:

I think they'll do Taker's retirement match on the show, and I'd expect some sort of a special guest match for either Cena or HHH plus whatever the title match is. I'm not sure what they'd do but I think they'll try.

What'd be incredible is if Brock actually won at Mania and then faced Rock at Mania 32 for the title after a year of fresh non-Cena matchups, then won AGAIN. Could you imagine a literal 2-and-a-half-year build to Brock's final defeat at Mania 33, be it at the hands of a rebuilt Reigns or Zayn or Balor or someone else entirely? That'd be nuts and incredible to witness. Plus they would break Punk's title record AND be able to say they did something even ballsier than the vaunted 18 month Hogan/Sting build.

If there was ever somebody Vince would consider doing something like that with, Brock Lesnar is it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

What'd be incredible is if Brock actually won at Mania and then faced Rock at Mania 32 for the title after a year of fresh non-Cena matchups, then won AGAIN. Could you imagine a literal 2-and-a-half-year build to Brock's final defeat at Mania 33, be it at the hands of a rebuilt Reigns or Zayn or Balor or someone else entirely? That'd be nuts and incredible to witness. Plus they would break Punk's title record AND be able to say they did something even ballsier than the vaunted 18 month Hogan/Sting build.

If there was ever somebody Vince would consider doing something like that with, Brock Lesnar is it.

Actually that'd be awful and would require Rollins losing his cash in, which absolutely should not happen.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

As a huge Brock mark, I am eager for him to get another win since his win from Summerslam 2002.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Actually that'd be awful and would require Rollins losing his cash in, which absolutely should not happen.

I don't know that I want to see Rollins get the title before June though. If Brock wasn't staying, sure, that'd be a slam dunk but Rollins can and prbably will get a shot some other way.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't know that I want to see Rollins get the title before June though. If Brock wasn't staying, sure, that'd be a slam dunk but Rollins can and prbably will get a shot some other way.

Generally I agree but he needs to win his cash in and that's a future thing.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I check in on Wrestlecrap every Friday because Art O'Donnell, the guy who writes most of the inductions these days is pretty decent. He's humorous enough and he's able to let the absurdity speak for itself without stretching too hard. That's how the site should be. Otherwise, you get the occasional article by site co-founder RD Reynolds, who I don't recall ever being funny to begin with. Plus he's pretty bitter and he tries way too hard to make things sound bad.

This week's update is Bret vs. Vince from a couple years ago, which deserves a good railing. It's by Reynolds and it is so over-the-top bitter it's amazing. He is literally bitter that Bret Hart decided to not be bitter. That Bret would return to WWE in any way. That Bret would even reconcile with Shawn Michaels! I remember when it happened and PSP was unanimous in considering it this cathartic feel-good moment filled with much-needed closure. Here, Reynolds feels betrayed that Bret would want to move on. It's the saddest thing.

He even gets annoyed that they had Bret and Michaels hug because they could have made it into a million dollar angle. Somehow! Even though Michaels was in the middle of an angle so hot and important that they made it the main event of Wrestlemania despite not having a belt involved and Bret was one strong gust of wind away from being hospitalized.

Even most of the echo chamber comments section is all, "Uh... it wasn't that bad, dude."

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I didn't read the column, but WWE totally did screw up Bret Hart's return angle. It was a mess, and it should have been so simple and great.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Apparently after MetsFan's latest post, someone reposted it on The Board and Dave refuted it. This was Mets Fan's reaction

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

I didn't read the column, but WWE totally did screw up Bret Hart's return angle. It was a mess, and it should have been so simple and great.

Yeah not much about the angle was good and the match was seriously weird and uncomfortable. It was fun watching the crowd get quieter and quieter as Bret just beat Vince into a pulp with a chair over what felt like several hours though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaRBHQlEu-o

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Rodney the Piper posted:

Apparently after MetsFan's latest post, someone reposted it on The Board and Dave refuted it. This was Mets Fan's reaction

"I've been more right than he has lately."
"Oh no, I don't read his poo poo."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

triplexpac posted:

Everything around Wrestlemania was hard to watch, but the Raw where he returned was really good. The article comes off as inducting the Nexus and going on about how their debut was SO DUMB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

t-minus 72 hours until the next metsfan meltdown