Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Can you explain the town thought process behind that series of posts please?

I can't explain dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I see it coming from a dumb perspective and I feel like a 1st time scum would be playing too carefully! So yes!

Eh, I think you're projecting way too much.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I can't explain dumb.

Then how is it dumb town as opposed to dumb scum?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Then how is it dumb town as opposed to dumb scum?

Because dumb scum in this case would be supremely concerned with how they were going to look to town and would likely opt to be "safer" due to concerns about letting down their teammates etc etc. Town dumb would have no such reservations. You're both right when you say WM could be entirely oblivious. I just find it less likely. And, again, it's irrelevant at the moment when faced with the reality that there's already an outed scum to hang today.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Because dumb scum in this case would be supremely concerned with how they were going to look to town and would likely opt to be "safer"

Yes! This is entirely my point! He withdrew the vote the second it was called into question, which shows this exact concern with playing safe.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Yes! This is entirely my point! He withdrew the vote the second it was called into question, which shows this exact concern with playing safe.

How many games does WM have under their belt?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

How many games does WM have under their belt?

10, including this one and SA Mafia.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

Cardinal sin of mafia #1: tying people's alignments before there are any flips

uh, no what I'm asking of you is pretty reasonable.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

TheRam posted:

ok m8, if I am not passed out or too high I will show you what it means to generate content!

Ram, what is your current mental status?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Do you think he might know about how d1 cases work?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I think 8 completed games is plenty to be considered not a newbie.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TheRam posted:

uh, no what I'm asking of you is pretty reasonable.

You're asking me to frame everything under the likely assumption that Opop is scum. But even if I'm right and hes caught and you would have given me cred, that doesnt preclude you from being scum. You hitched your wagon to my catch and it would make sense as damage mitigation. I see no reason to ignore you.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think 8 completed games is plenty to be considered not a newbie.

Yeah, and that supports my point that WM probably has an idea of what kind of stuff gets jumped on. It's too careless for a first time scum that has knowledge of the game imo

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

You're asking me to frame everything under the likely assumption that Opop is scum. But even if I'm right and hes caught and you would have given me cred, that doesnt preclude you from being scum. You hitched your wagon to my catch and it would make sense as damage mitigation. I see no reason to ignore you.

lol honestly you must love typing and seeing your name as much as I do because this response is retarded

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

o god I can feel it... a slapfight with diqnol

o goddddd

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ram, what is your current mental status?

lucid, but very hard to take mafia seriously and I'm mostly skimming for funny stuff

though I am town and everything I've said has been 100% intelligent

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Yeah, and that supports my point that WM probably has an idea of what kind of stuff gets jumped on. It's too careless for a first time scum that has knowledge of the game imo

I honestly don't understand your position in this argument. If he's experienced enough to know what gets jumped on then why would he do it as town either?

Also, you think you've caught Opop on a scum slip. Isn't he too experienced to be that careless?

Your logic is making my brain hurt and I don't think you are being consistent, but I'm about to go to bed so I'll follow up later.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I honestly don't understand your position in this argument. If he's experienced enough to know what gets jumped on then why would he do it as town either?

Also, you think you've caught Opop on a scum slip. Isn't he too experienced to be that careless?

Your logic is making my brain hurt and I don't think you are being consistent, but I'm about to go to bed so I'll follow up later.

You're missing the point. WM has that knowledge likely tucked away somewhere in the back of their brain. Town would be careless. First time scum with knowledge of the game wouldn't be.

Your statement wrt Opop is stupid and I fully expect you to realize why without me explaining further

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
diqnol, you're up mega late. Don't miss sleep for mafia :ohdear:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

I came in to work at 5a today!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I came in to work at 5a today!

Don't get fired for playing mafia at work :ohdear:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Don't get fired for playing mafia at work :ohdear:

>_>

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
By the way, Viva I would really like to hear what you think of wall monitor!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You're telling me with a straight face that you think that this

quote:

Opopanax posted:

I am er ah confahming

I didn't get a PM yet you are confirming? ##vote Opop

Opopanax posted:

Yeah I guess he did town first ##vote diqnol

and

quote:

Opopanax posted:

Do you guys really think I just blundered in here without reading a single thing the instant I got my PM?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So are you saying you did get a PM?

Opopanax posted:

I'm actually going to be pretty MIA for the next two days so I will ##vote wall mon now just in case I miss deadline

were intentional pre-planned jokes and not scum slips / him running away?

Rarity posted:

I pulled an all-nighter last night. Not on purpose, I just couldn't shut my brain off. :sigh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Murmur Twin posted:

intentional pre-planned jokes and not scum slips / him running away?

To me the only thing that really looks bad is him bailing on the thread for the rest of the day. That's straight out of the merk playbook.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Rarity posted:

10 already? Jeez, I've lost track then.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Rarity posted:

To me the only thing that really looks bad is him bailing on the thread for the rest of the day. That's straight out of the merk playbook.

That's my bad, I tend to procrastinate when people point FOS at me, since I get easily discouraged and such. It's a bad habit I probably should try to deal with.

Lemme see what I can do today. If I accomplish nothing else then at least you'll have my opinions available after you miscuddle me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wall monitor posted:

10 already? Jeez, I've lost track then.

WM, what do you think about somebody. Anybody.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wall monitor posted:

That's my bad, I tend to procrastinate when people point FOS at me, since I get easily discouraged and such. It's a bad habit I probably should try to deal with.

Lemme see what I can do today. If I accomplish nothing else then at least you'll have my opinions available after you miscuddle me.

That post wasn't even talking about you :psyduck:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

wall monitor posted:

A) Why do people call it cuddle now?

B) I've never heard of a player procrastinating when they get a FOS on them, unless they are attempting to hide in the background and hope a more suspicious person comes forward, which is a scummy play more than it is a town play.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

wall monitor posted:

I still don't like firey valkyrie, my vote is standing for now

WM: Can you take me through what you were thinking when you posted this?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

Why do people call it cuddle now?

It's a less-offensive alternative to "lynch". See also: "lunch" and "dunk".

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Murmur Twin posted:

It's a less-offensive alternative to "lynch". See also: "lunch" and "dunk".

I think you'll find it's called plorp now :colbert:

e.g. We should all plorp wall monitor today

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Rarity posted:

That post wasn't even talking about you :psyduck:

Oh. My bad.

Max posted:

A) Why do people call it cuddle now?

B) I've never heard of a player procrastinating when they get a FOS on them, unless they are attempting to hide in the background and hope a more suspicious person comes forward, which is a scummy play more than it is a town play.

A. I'm on the lynch side of the cuddle/lynch debate myself, but this isn't the place for the discussion. Miscuddle is just a fun word.

B. I know, I know, I'm trying to stop doing it. It doesn't help that the last couple of times it has worked for me, whereas staying engaged has lead to getting hammered.

Opopanax posted:

I am er ah confahming

Is this a slip? I think it's pretty good evidence, but I wouldn't turbo Opop on this alone.

Opopanax posted:

I just wanted to do a JFK voice and saw this as the best opportunity. But if it means Diqnol has to be nice fore the rest of the game I will self vote

This, however, might be enough... it took him a couple hours before he followed up by claiming it was a joke. I don't like this much. It'd be a lot more believable if he said 'I was confirming that I am still going to play in this game' which is both more believable to me than claiming joke and also what I would do if I was scum caught out in a lie.

DuckHuntDog posted:

Are you being sincere about wanting reads and "would votes" from people right as the game is getting started?

I'm inclined to think DHD is town, partially gut, partially I'm not seeing anything that seems terribly scummy.

Will post more in a bit, I've got to catch up on work.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Rarity posted:

I think you'll find it's called plorp now :colbert:

e.g. We should all plorp wall monitor today

Rarity, what is your read on Opop? I hate speculative cases but in my head I'm already mentally casing you as his scumsis.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Good job, champ :thumbsup:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I agree with MT about that, it was just A LITTLE PREMATURE to GET INTO THAT, murmur TWIN

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Murmur Twin posted:

Rarity, what is your read on Opop? I hate speculative cases but in my head I'm already mentally casing you as his scumsis.

Like I said, the only thing that really looks bad to me is him checking out for the rest of the day. I think his supposed slip is just a dumb joke. I've been D1 lynched as town for a supposed scumslip so I don't put much stock in that kind of case, it's easy for scum to hide behind. If it comes down to Opop or a no plorp then I'll go that way but I need to see more scummy behaviour from him for him to be my top priority today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I agree with MT about that, it was just A LITTLE PREMATURE to GET INTO THAT, murmur TWIN

It's ok, I'd already worked that out :)

• Locked thread