Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:siren: Doctor Who returns 19 September :siren:

:arghfist:

10 Years ago this day (it's past midnight in London), BBC One broadcasted an episode of Doctor Who. For the first time in over fifteen years, there were regular adventures of the Doctor, going through time and space righting wrongs and facing off with evil beings. It had its rough patches (I'm looking at you, Slitheen), but it found its foothold and returned to being a cultural mainstay. There will be no special to mark the ten year anniversary of the revival (although that puzzle game for your phone is doing something), but let's not forget the wilderness years. Series 9/Season 35 begins in the Autumn, and we only know two episodes' names. We know at least one villain returning, but it's fuzzy whether or not we can talk about him/her/it/them.

Now for the formalities.

NO SPOILERS
By edict of the moderators, this is a SPOILER-FREE ZONE. Other than backstage stuff (hiring people), DO NOT POST SPOILERS. AT ALL. Even if Queen Elizabeth II, Barack Obama, and Vladimir Putin have a three-way press conference on every channel to reveal life on Mars and also that Martha Jones is a Rutan, DON'T POST IT HERE. If you must post about spoilers, go to the spoiler thread. Episode titles can be spoiler-y, so use discretion when discussing episodes yet to air. For example, 'Hide' doesn't spoil anything, but 'OH poo poo IT'S THE DALEKS' does.

WHERE DO I START?
If you want to start with the revival, you can start with The Eleventh Hour. This doesn't mean to disregard the 9th and 10th Doctor's stories, but it's the easiest way to get caught up. If you want to watch the original series, there are plenty of places to start. You COULD start with An Unearthly Child and watch everything in chronological order. You could also watch individual serials of all the Doctors and determine which you like the best. Keep in mind, don't shotgun a whole Hartnell or Troughton in one go, or else you'll get complacent. Those 60's episodes are meant to be seen one at a time, and if you only just rented the DVD, wait a few hours between episodes.

The most popular serials for the original series you can jump into are:

First Doctor: An Unearthly Child, The Aztecs
Second Doctor: The Tomb of the Cybermen, The Web of Fear (note: episode three is missing)
Third Doctor: Spearhead from Space, Carnival of Monsters
Fourth Doctor: Pyramids of Mars, The Robots of Death
Fifth Doctor: Kinda, Frontios
Sixth Doctor: Vengeance on Varos, Revelation of the Daleks
Seventh Doctor: Dragonfire, Remembrance of the Daleks

WHERE CAN I WATCH DOCTOR WHO ON TELEVISION?

Original Series:
UK - Drama, Horror
USA - Retro TV, some PBS stations
Canada - you're out of luck
Australia - Syfy

Current Series:
UK - BBC One (first run), BBC Three, Watch
USA - BBC America (first run), most PBS stations
Canada - Space
Australia - ABC1 (first run), ABC2, Syfy, BBC UKTV

WHERE CAN I STREAM DOCTOR WHO?
Netflix has the current series up to the Time of the Doctor, and selected original series episodes. If you're in the United States, Hulu Plus has 413 original series episodes up as of this typing, and I'm not going to go in-depth about the ones they don't have.

SHOULD I BUY THE DVDs AND BLU RAYS?
Just for the bonus features alone.

THE TOXXUPATION THREAD
Two guys, one a fan and the other a (former) hater, are watching all the revival episodes. The rules for that thread are even stricter, as you can't even hint about episodes Occupation hasn't watched yet. Still, it's interesting seeing a guy turn his feelings around of Doctor Who. Here is their thread.

A GUIDE TO DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS

There are hundreds, possibly thousands of Doctor Who and Doctor Who-related audio dramas. This is not a post telling you what audio dramas to listen to, because everyone has an opinion that is different from everyone else (some people possibly like Minuet in Hell, but I doubt it). This is a post telling you the basic info on the different series of titles there are, and boy, are there a ton of different series. Confusing. If you're wondering why I'm about to spend a good portion of the OP about audio dramas, you are clearly new to the Doctor Who thread.

Big Finish monthly releases
Since 1999, Big Finish have released, on a consistent basis, mostly standalone stories featuring the Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, and, occasionally, Eighth Doctors. Up to 198th(!) release next month.

The Lost Stories
Audio dramas based on scripts meant for television. Stories involving the first three doctors are "enhanced audiobooks", meaning there is narration as opposed to having a full cast.

The Fourth Doctor Adventures
Tom Baker gets his own line of releases.

The New Adventures of Bernice Summerfield
The most famous spin-off companion gets her own title, but rest assured, the Seventh Doctor appears.

The Eighth Doctor Adventures / Dark Eyes / Doom Coalition
Paul McGann's Doctor also gets his own line. Goons love 'em.

The Companion Chronicles
More enhanced audiobooks. Returning after a year-long haitus in June.

The Early Adventures
Black-and-white era Doctor Who enhanced audiobooks. Jemma Powell, who played Jaqueline Hill in An Adventure in Space and Time, will be doing these next year!

The New Series
Do you like all the new characters and monsters from the current series? Big Finish has plans for them!

Destiny of the Doctor
Enhanced audiobooks originally made by AudioGo for the 50th anniversary. Notable for featuring stories involving the Ninth, Tenth, and Eleventh Doctors.

The BBC Radio Adventures
If it was commissioned for the Beeb, it fits into this category. Contains the first Doctor Who audio drama, Doctor Who and the Pescatons, everything released by BBC Audio, Eighth Doctor Shada, and Real Time.

Spinoffs
There are a ton of these, ranging from good (I, Davros) to who gives a poo poo (anything involving a companion from the audio series).

Enough of that, let's party like it's 2005!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYIu7Qlqh4M

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Doctor Who sucks!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Toxxupation posted:

Doctor Who sucks!

Counterpoint: Doctor Who is great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shameless plug - I regularly write up my thoughts and feelings on both Big Finish audios AND the actual episodes of the revival (despite the vicious lies of the Thread Title) in hopes of fostering discussion, here they are linked since people have asked in the past for these to be easier to find.

Here's an index I've everything I've posted. Some reviews are incredibly short, and I can't seem to find what I wrote on most of season one of the 8th Doctor Adventures, but everything else should be covered. Man I write a lot about Doctor Who :sweatdrop:

Edit: Oh yeah, and be warned that most of the television write-ups feature a number of spoilers for future episodes as well, as they were all written months or years after I saw them on original airing. Audio write-ups may also feature references to episodes of the show, both classic and revival.

4th Doctor
The Renaissance Man

5th Doctor
Phantasmagoria | The Land of the Dead | Winter for the Adept | Loup-Garoux/The Eye of the Scorpion | Primeval | The Church and the Crown | Omega | The Axis of Insanity | The Roof of the World | The Game | Three's a Crowd | The Council of Nicaea | Singularity | The Kingmaker | The Gathering/The Veiled Leopard | Circular Time | Renaissance of the Daleks | Exotron | Son of the Dragon | The Mind's Eye

6th Doctor
The Marian Conspiracy | Jubilee | Doctor Who and the Pirates | Whispers of Terror | The Spectre of Lanyon Moor | The Apocalypse Element | The Holy Terror | Project: Twilight | The One Doctor | Davros | The Wormery | Arrangements for War | Medicinal Purposes | The Juggernauts | Catch-1782 | Thicker Than Water | Pier Pressure | The Nowhere Place | The Reaping | Year of the Pig | I.D | The Wishing Beast | 100

7th Doctor
The Fearmonger | The Genocide Machine | The Fires of Vulcan | Dust Breeding | Colditz | Flip-Flop | Master | The Harvest | Dreamtime | Unregenerate! | Live 34 | Night Thoughts | The Settling | Red | No Man's Land | Nocturne | Valhalla | Frozen Time

8th Doctor
Televised
TV Movie: The Enemy Within | The Night of the Doctor
Audio Monthly Range
Storm Warning | Sword of Orion | The Stones of Venice | Minuet in Hell | Invaders from Mars | The Chimes of Midnight | Seasons of Fear | Embrace the Darkness | The Time of the Daleks | Neverland | Zagreus | Scherzo/The Creed of Kromon | The Natural History of Fear | The Twilight Kingdom Faithstealer/The Last/Caerdroia/The Next Life | Terror Firma | Scaredy Cat | Other Lives | Time Works | Something Inside | Memory Lane | Absolution | The Girl Who Never Was
Audio 8th Doctor Adventures
Season 1: Blood of the Daleks | The Horror of Glam Rock | Immortal Beloved | Phobos | No More Lies | Human Resources
Season 2: Dead London | Max Warp | Brave New Town | The Skull of Sobek | Grand Theft Cosmos | The Zygon Who Fell to Earth | Sisters of the Flame | The Vengeance of Morbius

9th Doctor
Rose | The End of the World | The Unquiet Dead | Aliens of London/World War 3 | Dalek | The Long Game | Father's Day | The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances | Boom Town | Bad Wolf | The Parting of the Ways

10th Doctor
Season 2
The Christmas Invasion | New Earth | Tooth and Claw | School Reunion | The Girl in the Fireplace | Rise of the Cybermen/The Age of Steel | The Idiot's Lantern | The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit | Love and Monsters | Fear Her | Army of Ghosts | Doomsday

Season 3
The Runaway Bride | Smith & Jones | The Shakespeare Code | Gridlock | Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks | The Lazarus Experiment | 42 | Human Nature/The Family of Blood | Utopia | The Sound of Drums | The Last of the Time Lords | Time Crash

Season 4
Voyage of the Damned | Partners in Crime | The Fires of Pompeii | Planet of the Ood | The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky | The Doctor's Daughter | The Unicorn and the Wasp | Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead | Midnight | Turn Left | The Stolen Earth/Journey's End

Year of Specials
The Next Doctor | Planet of the Dead | Waters of Mars | The End of Time

11th Doctor
Season 5
The Eleventh Hour (kinda) | The Beast Below | Victory of the Daleks | Time of Angels/Flesh & Stone | The Vampires of Venice | Amy's Choice | The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood | Vincent and the Doctor | The Lodger | The Pandorica Opens | The Big Bang | A Christmas Carol

Season 6
The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon | The Curse of the Black Spot | The Doctor's Wife | The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People | A Good Man Goes To War | Let's Kill Hitler | Night Terrors | The Girl Who Waited | The God Complex | Closing Time | The Wedding of River Song | The Doctor, The Widow & The Wardrobe

Season 7
Asylum of the Daleks | Dinosaurs on a Spaceship | A Town Called Mercy | The Power of Three | The Angels Take Manhattan | The Snowmen | The Bells of Saint John | The Rings of Akhaten | Cold War | Hide | Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS | The Crimson Horror | Nightmare in Silver | The Name of the Doctor | The Day of the Doctor | The Time of the Doctor

12th Doctor
Season 8
Deep Breath | Into the Dalek | Robot of Sherwood | Listen | Time Heist | The Caretaker | Kill the Moon | Mummy on the Orient Express | Flatline | In the Forest of the Night | Dark Water | Death in Heaven | Last Christmas

Big Finish Specials
The Sirens of Time | The Light at the End | UNIT: Dominion

Also just for ease of access, here are most of the gifs I've posted over the years in the various threads:

William Hartnell | Patrick Troughton | Jon Pertwee | Tom Baker | Peter Davison | Colin Baker | Sylvester McCoy | Paul McGann | Christopher Eccleston | David Tennant | Matt Smith | Peter Capaldi

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 15, 2015

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
You've been doing the thread up a bit!

I don't like it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hello new thread let me inflict my personality on you.

And not a moment too soon!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Toxxupation posted:

Doctor Who sucks!

I see you no longer think it "loving sucks", which is a marked improvement of opinion.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
More like Doctor Who cares, Lego are awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMG4UEorUfs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I still can't believe multiple Lego Doctor Who sets (official) don't already exist.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
And because absolutely nobody demanded it...an index of all my reviews. Linked to my Wordpress so those without archives may enjoy.

X X X X X

Third Doctor
Classic Who
Inferno

Fourth Doctor
Classic Who
Robot | The Ark in Space | The Sontaran Experiment | Genesis of the Daleks | Revenge of the Cybermen

Big Finish
Fourth Doctor Adventures
Season One
Destination Nerva | The Renaissance Man | The Wrath of the Iceni | Energy of the Daleks | Trail of the White Worm | The Osiedon Adventure

Fifth Doctor
Big Finish
Main Range
Phantasmagoria | The Land of the Dead | Red Dawn | Winter for the Adept | Loups-Garoux | The Eye of the Scorpion | Primeval | The Mutant Phase | Spare Parts | The Church and the Crown | Nekromanteia | Creatures of Beauty | Omega | The Axis of Insanity | The Roof of the World | The Game | Three's a Crowd | The Council of Nicaea | Singularity | The Kingmaker | The Gathering | Circular Time | Renaissance of the Daleks | Extron/Urban Myths | Son of the Dragon | The Mind's Eye/Mission of the Viyrans

Fifth Doctor Box Set
Psychodrome | Iterations of I

Sixth Doctor
Classic Who
Attack of the Cybermen

Big Finish
Main Range
Whispers of Terror | The Marian Conspiracy | The Spectre of Lanyon Moor | The Holy Terror | Bloodtide | Project: Twilight | The One Doctor | The Apocalypse Element | ...ish] | The Sandman | Jubilee | ...and the Pirates, or the Lass that Lost a Sailor | Project: Lazarus | Davros | The Wormery | Arrangements for War | Medicinal Purposes | The Juggernauts | Catch-1782 | Thicker Than Water | Pier Pressure | The Nowhere Place | The Reaping | Year of the Pig | I.D/Urgent Calls | The Wishing Beast/The Vanity Box | 100

The Last Sixth Doctor Adventure
End of the Line | The Red House | Stage Fright | The Brink of Death

Seventh Doctor
Big Finish
Main Range
The Fearmonger | The Fires of Vulcan | The Genocide Machine | Dust Breeding | Colditz | The Rapture | Bang-Bang-A-Boom! | Project: Lazarus | Flip-Flop | Master | The Harvest | Dreamtime | Unregenerate! | LIVE 34 | Night Thoughts | The Settling | Red | No Man's Land | Nocturne | Valhalla | Frozen Time

New Virgin Adventures
The Shadow of the Scourge | The Dark Flame

Eighth Doctor
Big Finish
Main Range
Storm Warning | Sword of Orion | The Stones of Venice | Minuet in Hell | Invaders from Mars | The Chimes of Midnight | Seasons of Fear | Embrace the Darkness | The Time of the Daleks | Neverland | Zagreus | Scherzo | The Creed of the Kromon | The Natural History of Fear | The Twlight Kingdom | Faith Stealer | The Last | Caerdroia | The Next Life | Terror Firma | Scaredy Cat | Other Lives | Time Works | Something Inside | Memory Lane | Absolution | The Girl Who Never Was

Miscellaneous
Multi-Doctor
The Sirens of Time | The Light at the End

Companion Chronicles
Peri and the Piscon Paradox | Solitaire

Torchwood
The Conspiracy

Twelfth Doctor
Season 8
Deep Breath | Into the Dalek | Robot of Sherwood | Listen | Time Hiest | The Caretaker | Kill the Moon | Mummy on the Orient Express | Flatline | In the Forst of the Night | Dark Water | Death in Heaven | Last Christmas

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 17, 2015

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

I still can't believe multiple Lego Doctor Who sets (official) don't already exist.

Perhaps they do in another dimension.

Sadly, the prototype for the Power of the Daleks set was lost in a fire.

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 26, 2015

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

whatsabattle posted:

You've been doing the thread up a bit!

I don't like it.

New teeth.

That's weird.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Cleretic posted:

Counterpoint: Doctor Who is great.

Counterpoint: Doctor Who sucks, but I'M great.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Are we really recommending that people jump onto the new series with Deep Breath and not The Eleventh Hour now? I mean I know it's the start of 12's run but it feels like a terrible jumping on point to me. There's just so much continuity between it and 11's run, besides it being a way worse episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That original "Do you wanna come with me?" trailer still gives me a chill. Here's to then more years!

Hopefully most of them without Moffat.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Organza Quiz posted:

Are we really recommending that people jump onto the new series with Deep Breath and not The Eleventh Hour now? I mean I know it's the start of 12's run but it feels like a terrible jumping on point to me. There's just so much continuity between it and 11's run, besides it being a way worse episode.

I'm just following from Trin Tragula's last OP.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Organza Quiz posted:

Are we really recommending

"We" can't agree on anything!

I personally still think The Eleventh Hour is a great introduction to the show, while Deep Breath definitely is not. The Eleventh Hour, by dint of being a brand new regeneration with a brand new showrunner with brand new companions in a brand new story is great because it doesn't require any excess baggage or explanations for the new viewer. Everybody gets exposed to this wonderful fairytale madman on the same level, and by the end the thumping music as the camera pans over to the wedding dress is such a great way of hooking the viewer into seeing what happens next. That's why I also still think Rose is a good intro, with the caveat that it had aged pretty horribly even 5 years ago, and only looks worse now.

Deep Breath has a good second half but a pretty appalling first half, and it's dragging a lot of baggage with it in terms of continuity and character. It's a little like The Christmas Invasion in that so much of it is NOT about the Doctor (and then he completely dominates the ending), which is still an interesting perspective but leaves any new viewer basically in the dark as to whether they would like to regularly watch this guy as the lead actor in a regular series.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Cobi, J-ru, didn't one of you review Engines of War, the War Doctor book? I've just finished it and wanted to see what others thought.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Cobi, J-ru, didn't one of you review Engines of War, the War Doctor book? I've just finished it and wanted to see what others thought.

Cobi did, yep - Here's the link

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sweet, thanks. And having listened to a little of the audio book, Briggs' John Hurt isn't all that.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

The_Doctor posted:

Sweet, thanks. And having listened to a little of the audio book, Briggs' John Hurt isn't all that.

Bugger.

Has it really been four Doctors in ten years?

Well, five if you count Hurt.

Six if you count Paul McGann!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Also, Captain Yesterday, why is your av a potential GoT spoiler? Or not, I don't know/care.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Organza Quiz posted:

After months and months of endlessly talking about Doctor Who and hyping Peter Capaldi, I sat my girlfriend down to watch the premiere of Deep Breath with me and she immediately hated it. We sat there watching the ninja lizard lady and the potato man run around Victorian London and she rolled her eyes so hard they sounded like the turning cogs of a tightening torture rack tearing my very soul apart. I wouldn't call it the best possible introduction episode.

Anyway, happy 10th anniversary, New Who! I still like you. Here's a lovely video of Capaldi talking about Rose: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkpEBYSM3nE

Party like it's '05, thread.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Plenty of established fans felt the same way about Deep Breath. Listen might be a decent introductory episode for someone who wants to start in the Capaldi era, since it's pretty much self-contained outside of the Clara/Danny stuff which really only got started in that episode anyway.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

2house2fly posted:

Plenty of established fans felt the same way about Deep Breath. Listen might be a decent introductory episode for someone who wants to start in the Capaldi era, since it's pretty much self-contained outside of the Clara/Danny stuff which really only got started in that episode anyway.

I say starting with Deep Breath is like telling someone “start with the first season of Parks and Recreation. It’s six episodes and they’re not the best, but they find their stride by the end and the second season is where it gets good.”

Put up with the first half of Deep Breath and they can dive into the second half and Into the Dalek.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

I'd say start with episode #1, Rose, but I'm weird like that.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

As much as I always want to tell everybody to start with A Christmas Invasion, unless you're already inclined to enjoy goofy sci-fi or are already leaning towards liking Doctor Who for some other reason, Eleventh Hour is really the easiest episode for somebody who knows nothing about to jump in and enjoy.

surc fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 26, 2015

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Happy Tenth Anniversary, everyone!

Who wants to get the Who thread properly started by accusing the group of people who couldn't agree on what color the sky is of having a hive mind? (There is no hive mind.)

Anyway, I agree with the hive mind about The Eleventh Hour being the best starting point for testing the waters.

e: And happy birthday from many of the show's writers and actors: http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-03-26/happy-birthday-to-who-the-doctors-companions-stars-and-writers-send-10th-anniversary-messages

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Mar 26, 2015

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno. I got a friend of mine into Who with Rose, hook line and sinker. He didn't even like Doctor Who or had seen any of it before.

The key point is though, I got him to watch more than just Rose. I made him watch the episodes in order, watched them with him, and by the time Fathers Day hit, he was hooked.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I think The Eleventh Hour stands on its own best. Rose is so awfully dated by now, and was never a spectacular episode to begin with.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Android Blues posted:

I think The Eleventh Hour stands on its own best. Rose is so awfully dated by now, and was never a spectacular episode to begin with.

I agree that Eleventh Hour is the best way in, but Rose is, I think, better than you're giving it credit for. Billie is great, the Autons are fairly silly but not THAT bad and it gives us 9's "I can feel it" speech, which is pretty loving great.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I say watch all the episodes in random order and assume a giant Memento style plot is in the works. That's how you watch Who.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

An Ounce of Gold posted:

I say watch all the episodes in random order and assume a giant Memento style plot is in the works. That's how you watch Who.

This but add a title card at the end of every episode reading "BAD WOLF". Then explain that it turns out BAD WOLF meant BAD WOLF the whole time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rose (and most of the first season, honestly) looks like it's filmed with a vaseline-smeared camera.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I miss 9 :sigh:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Was anyone here from the UK NOT surprised by the fact that Billie Piper could actually act?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Rose is god damned garbage and it completely put me off who. My SO at the time kept watching though, and it wasn't until the impossible planet that I gave thw show a second chance. 11th hour is a much better intro.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

He gave a nice little positive birthday message. You never know, Big Finish might get the license and actually convince old Ecc to record one or two. After all, we live in days when we can watch all of Enemy of the World, where Tom Baker made a return to Doctor Who, and where the Master is played by a woman.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

CobiWann posted:

Was anyone here from the UK NOT surprised by the fact that Billie Piper could actually act?

Personally I will certainly be suprised if I ever see any evidence of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Billie Piper is actually a good actor, and she does a great job in the 50th Anniversary special, as well as other episodes.

• Locked thread