Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

shame cube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Why would anyone have a fake GCC twitter account ? :psyduck:

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

It is just not possible that this thing -- and indeed, CNN itself -- exists for people to watch.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

lookoutbelow posted:

It is just not possible that this thing -- and indeed, CNN itself -- exists for people to watch.

:jackbud:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

looks about like my high school report card lol

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

See, it would have been better if they just said the hell with it and put that smiley in front of the door.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
actually i think i had about a 2.0 but close enough

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
I think my HS gpa worked out to like 2.5 but i got only As or D/Fs and nothing in between. Wasn't my fault that pretty girls and weed were way more fun than history papers.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jre posted:

Why would anyone have a fake GCC twitter account ? :psyduck:

yeah thats weird

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

i guess this is one thing the chinese are way ahead of the us on

BlockChainNetflix
Sep 2, 2011
i wouldn't let fearbot 3000 in either

COMPLY COMPLY COMPLY COMPLY COMPLY

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

Just imagine the pilots face when he realized he left his keys in the cockpit

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
a good tie to repost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUkX75IEkHE

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Chorrax posted:

I think my HS gpa worked out to like 2.5 but i got only As or D/Fs and nothing in between. Wasn't my fault that pretty girls and weed were way more fun than history papers.

i just really liked not going to school, a lot more than i liked going to school. i think my last semester before i dropped out i had 47 absences

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i started school early and was skipped up a grade so i would've graduated at sixteen but i just found school intolerably slow and boring so i hosed off entirely. it was a dumb thing to do, but i was fifteen and i had a lot of important masturbating to do

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i had 100% attendance for my final 2 years at high school because they paid us to attend lol

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

It was never a good decision for us to skip. It was easy as poo poo to be physically present and piss off the teacher by being insufferable. Also our punishments were 3 hours of detention per missed class, and you almost always got caught.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Let me preface this by saying that I've been a memer since they first appeared on 4chan circa 2006 (ages ago in internet time). I remember refreshing /b/ all afternoon with the hope that someone would make a new meme. I was a memer back when Advice Dog was the only one and I still upvote every Advice Dog meme I see becasue of the fond rush of nostalgia it brings me. Nowadays, there are many thousand on quickmeme and other meme websites. I was a memer back before memegenerator was created (the first meme website) and I had to make them with MS Powerpoint or Paint. Speaking of meme websites, I was one of the first submitters to memebase.com and still have one of the top accounts there despite having migrated to reddit nearly 2 years ago. It was on 4chan and memebase where I cut my teeth creating memes, way before I had a reddit account and way before /r/adviceanimals was created in late 2010. Back before I could get any sort of points or even username recognition, I was creating memes as a clever and easily digestible way to reflect on society, relate some story to my audience, or just be funny. Do you remember rich raven? No? I do. You probably don't remember depression dog, crazy girlfriend praying mantis, introspective pug, or friendzone Johnny either. I remember all of them. In fact, you have only submitted two posts to adviceanimals garnering a total of just 4 points and have not commented there any time recently. So please, respect my judgement regarding the direction of the subreddit and the integrity of posts I have held dear to my heart for nearly 7 years but you have no strong feelings for.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just have no idea who I am, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. In addition to almost 7 years as a confessed meme addict, I have moderated the largest meme forum on the Internet (at over 2 million subscribers) for over a year. You think I don't know memes? In that time I have removed over 400posts for not following subreddit guidelines. In addition to my moderation responsibilities I am one of the most active writers on knowyourmeme.com. You think I don't know memes? Then how do I write articles about them on a site called knowyourmeme? Several mainstream blogs have contacted me to ask about the recent meme phenomenon and each has been thankful and enlightened with what I had to tell them. It's not just limited to blogs though. Several companies have asked me to review their meme ads to avoid a failure like Toyota's meme commercial. Just last week a major food company contacted me with a paid offer to help them on a new ad campaign. I declined when I researched the company and saw that they had contributed money to socially conservative groups. It's safe to say that I am one of the world's foremost experts on memes and in fact there is no one I can think of that has a meme resume as impressive as mine. So please tell me, what are your qualifications to say that I don't know what a meme is?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Trig Discipline posted:

i started school early and was skipped up a grade so i would've graduated at sixteen but i just found school intolerably slow and boring so i hosed off entirely. it was a dumb thing to do, but i was fifteen and i had a lot of important masturbating to do

its like reading a wierd fishy mirror

I think is where all the Nigerians get their computer schooling

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

madeupfred posted:

Let me preface this by saying that I've been a memer since they first appeared on 4chan circa 2006 (ages ago in internet time). I remember refreshing /b/ all afternoon with the hope that someone would make a new meme. I was a memer back when Advice Dog was the only one and I still upvote every Advice Dog meme I see becasue of the fond rush of nostalgia it brings me. Nowadays, there are many thousand on quickmeme and other meme websites. I was a memer back before memegenerator was created (the first meme website) and I had to make them with MS Powerpoint or Paint. Speaking of meme websites, I was one of the first submitters to memebase.com and still have one of the top accounts there despite having migrated to reddit nearly 2 years ago. It was on 4chan and memebase where I cut my teeth creating memes, way before I had a reddit account and way before /r/adviceanimals was created in late 2010. Back before I could get any sort of points or even username recognition, I was creating memes as a clever and easily digestible way to reflect on society, relate some story to my audience, or just be funny. Do you remember rich raven? No? I do. You probably don't remember depression dog, crazy girlfriend praying mantis, introspective pug, or friendzone Johnny either. I remember all of them. In fact, you have only submitted two posts to adviceanimals garnering a total of just 4 points and have not commented there any time recently. So please, respect my judgement regarding the direction of the subreddit and the integrity of posts I have held dear to my heart for nearly 7 years but you have no strong feelings for.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just have no idea who I am, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. In addition to almost 7 years as a confessed meme addict, I have moderated the largest meme forum on the Internet (at over 2 million subscribers) for over a year. You think I don't know memes? In that time I have removed over 400posts for not following subreddit guidelines. In addition to my moderation responsibilities I am one of the most active writers on knowyourmeme.com. You think I don't know memes? Then how do I write articles about them on a site called knowyourmeme? Several mainstream blogs have contacted me to ask about the recent meme phenomenon and each has been thankful and enlightened with what I had to tell them. It's not just limited to blogs though. Several companies have asked me to review their meme ads to avoid a failure like Toyota's meme commercial. Just last week a major food company contacted me with a paid offer to help them on a new ad campaign. I declined when I researched the company and saw that they had contributed money to socially conservative groups. It's safe to say that I am one of the world's foremost experts on memes and in fact there is no one I can think of that has a meme resume as impressive as mine. So please tell me, what are your qualifications to say that I don't know what a meme is?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
meme it up your rear end

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
memes ate my balls

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
burn & salt the earth

all of it

pram
Jun 10, 2001
start with burning and lightly salting red pandas . delicious

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

pram posted:

start with burning and lightly salting red pandas . delicious

mmmmm better than a super rare steak

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

idgi

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

http://home.bt.com/news/odd-news/am-no-a-grass-glaswegians-response-to-tesco-customer-service-is-online-hit-11363970685025

apparently it's hilarious.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sorry, to be "a grass" is our slang (i guess) for being a snitch

the fact that there is a bunch of articles about it is even funnier because its kind of reminiscent of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpPGE8NllUI

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

madeupfred posted:

same

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

Valeyard posted:

sorry, to be "a grass" is our slang (i guess) for being a snitch

the fact that there is a bunch of articles about it is even funnier because its kind of reminiscent of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpPGE8NllUI

ahhhhhh ok

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

yo srs question is there anything in yospos that DOESNT piss you off?

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

ol qwerty bastard posted:

remember those "edgy" kids who always talked about how when they kill themselves, they're going to take a bunch of people with them

can we pre-emptively round them all up and shoot them so they can't do poo poo like this again

i'd just like them to take someone out who deserves it for once. like if you wanna die in a plane crash so bad, do it with the koch brothers onboard or something.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I'm AMPLE ANNIE

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Gus Hobbleton posted:

yo srs question is there anything in yospos that DOESNT piss you off?

yr posting ;D

just kidding its poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 346 days!
a still, small, silent voice murmurs "pighammer"

• Locked thread