Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I'm only a cameragirl but I'm down, let's get a sailboat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I roll WEZL every now again, going straight passive mode and just rolling the van, flipping my phone out and trying to annoy whom ever I am following, reporting news on. Sometime I try to use the special medical maveric to report, but flying can get too boring, or I will run off and try and get a crate, destroy a smuggling plane, or something more lucrative with my time.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cute as heck posted:

Weazel will never die.

And rises harder stronger.

I'm down for this. but can't tonight

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Seriously everyone ditch LLJK and join WEZL

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The setup mission involving getting a cop car just to get into the station is a chore though. I was doing it last night and the cops just would not piss off while we were trying to get away with the car.

That mission is bugged. Whoever is in the Casco, once the cops are on you, they will never go away unless someone gets out of the car.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

blackguy32 posted:

That mission is bugged. Whoever is in the Casco, once the cops are on you, they will never go away unless someone gets out of the car.

That's not always true. We have done it several times and lost the cops fine without getting out.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Cute as heck posted:

Seriously everyone ditch LLJK and join WEZL

Is WEZL for PS4 only?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

BitBasher posted:

I'm free Saturday before 6pm PST and Sunday before 1pm PST or so.

It's not going to be this weekend, but we'll get something put together relatively soon.

Agoat posted:

Is WEZL for PS4 only?

no it's for news

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Harassed a pubbie.

Missed the explosion but he died, I lived.
http://xboxclips.com/Agoat944/e0ea42a7-489f-4192-8799-2fc734c73a38

Aaaand he just got upset.
http://xboxclips.com/Agoat944/035779b9-a416-45c4-8aa0-d1a281445bf3

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I've only completed through Prison Break but honestly my real problem with pubbies is "why won't anyone join" rather than "how are you so stupid"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ElwoodCuse posted:

I've only completed through Prison Break but honestly my real problem with pubbies is "why won't anyone join" rather than "how are you so stupid"

I had someone determined to stop and grab a car on the Pacific Job Heist. He also grabbed the shittiest sedan possible :cripes:.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Auhg, "Host a capture- GTA" What a lovely daily. It is only because of the daily's that half these modes are even used anymore.

At least escape a 2 star wanted level and hold up a store are easy.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Scyron posted:

Auhg, "Host a capture- GTA" What a lovely daily. It is only because of the daily's that half these modes are even used anymore.

At least escape a 2 star wanted level and hold up a store are easy.

I dread when I see one that means I have to participate in a mission like that. I've had luck when I need to participate in a parachute jump, but it is a waste of time to try anything else.

After the PS4 update today, the PlayStation Now icon is suddenly very prominent. Does anyone subscribe to it? Is it worth the money? $20/month seems steep - $44/3 months is marginally better.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

ElwoodCuse posted:

"why won't anyone join"
Because the invites are fundamentally broken.
  • In the phone, they do not show if the invite is from a crew member. (I have notifications turned off because gently caress getting 50+ invites to heists and seeing them constantly scroll on the left side)
  • The name of the player who invited you isn't always displayed. The Heist Name also isn't always displayed, it's just "Heist Setup". This leads to confusion.
  • The name of the player who invited you isn't always correct. Sometimes if you click on a Heist Setup it will say it's from "Player A" but really it's from "Player B". Or if you click on an invite from "Player A" all invites now display they are from "Player A".
  • Rockstar needs some settings to weed out the signal to noise ratio. One is getting the names correct. Two is displaying crew tags. Three would be menu settings to receive invites for heists, missions, races from Friends, Crew Members, Gen Pop.
  • I shouldn't receive 20 invites from Gen Pop when I'm in an invite or a solo session. If it is crew members inviting me, I'm sorry. It doesn't inform me that you're a crew member (see above).

It's in the OP, but bears repeating. If you haven't already, send Friend Requests to Goons. Then when you see them join a party, join in. You'll also have a better chance of getting in a session with people you know more often and that usually leads to heists or just fun in free roam.

geeves fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 26, 2015

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geeves posted:

Because the invites are fundamentally broken.
  • In the phone, they do not show if the invite is from a crew member. (I have notifications turned off because gently caress getting 50+ invites to heists and seeing them constantly scroll on the left side)
  • The name of the player who invited you isn't always displayed. The Heist Name also isn't always displayed, it's just "Heist Setup". This leads to confusion.
  • The name of the player who invited you isn't always correct. Sometimes if you click on a Heist Setup it will say it's from "Player A" but really it's from "Player B". Or if you click on an invite from "Player A" all invites now display they are from "Player A".
  • Rockstar needs some settings to weed out the signal to noise ratio. One is getting the names correct. Two is displaying crew tags. Three would be menu settings to receive invites for heists, missions, races from Friends, Crew Members, Gen Pop.
  • I shouldn't receive 20 invites from Gen Pop when I'm in an invite or a solo session. If it is crew members inviting me, I'm sorry. It doesn't inform me that you're a crew member (see above).

It's in the OP, but bears repeating. If you haven't already, send Friend Requests to Goons. Then when you see them join a party, join in. You'll also have a better chance of getting in a session with people you know more often and that usually leads to heists or just fun in free roam.

Join a crew, says Rockstar! It'll make the game more fun, says Rockstar!

*gives us no way to differentiate between friends and crew and pubbie invites in-game"

This is such an integral part of the way they structure online that I cannot believe a year and a half in and it still doesn't work. Even a crew tag on an invite would be fine.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Sometimes I have seen the LLJK tag on a heist invite, but that's very rare. They should at least tell you if it's for the beginning of the heist or the final heist - and don't tell me the invite is for "Prison Break - Heist" and then send me to a cutscene where I've got "unfinished business".

I'm on PS3, and those videos posted above are confusing to me - why are there translucent players?

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up

HiriseSoftware posted:

I'm on PS3, and those videos posted above are confusing to me - why are there translucent players?

They're on passive mode.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Getting $25k now for my dailies. Much better than the $3K I was getting. I am wondering if it is because I have a 9 day streak going.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Scyron posted:

Getting $25k now for my dailies. Much better than the $3K I was getting. I am wondering if it is because I have a 9 day streak going.

What platform? It's always been $25k with 3000 RP on PS4

e: Just had to install an update, no idea what changed.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

PS4. That is odd, I swear it was only 2-3K when I was first doing them, making them feel rather pointless.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Maybe the update fixed that graphic stuff that the last one supposedly broke

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Why are people still obsessed over the criminal records race?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

hello internet posted:

It's very short.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

hello internet posted:

It's an easy way to trade race wins to unlock car upgrades. Or an easy way to pit your way to a short 1 lap victory.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's very short.

Money is poo poo, RP is poo poo so what's the appeal of being short?

edit: Still pretty annoying that quick race only leads to that and random stupid player made courses.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

hello internet posted:

edit: Still pretty annoying that quick race only leads to that and random stupid player made courses.

That is annoying. "Let me show you my trick race that only I know how to do."

My quick races and join races are broken anyway. I was "joining" a quick race lobby from my phone for 60+ minutes the other day.

When I try to join from the pause / online jobs menu, I teleport into the walls of the light house and have to leave the session to get out of there.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

geeves posted:

It's an easy way to trade race wins to unlock car upgrades. Or an easy way to pit your way to a short 1 lap victory.

Only assholes pit people!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
So my cheap Xbox One will be arriving tomorrow and my copy of GTA V for it will arrive anywhere between tomorrow and monday. Am I better off holding off on doign heist stuff on the 360 until I copy progress over (since I've not done any) or not?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Speaking of dumb missions, what's the deal with 1,000,000RP EASY DM matches and why are so many players in them? All similarly titled missions involve the weirdest, random level design and some are jump puzzles and some have all the level weapons in one big pile that at least one guy has a monopoly on (since the forced weapon is a jerry can)

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Avocados posted:

Speaking of dumb missions, what's the deal with 1,000,000RP EASY DM matches and why are so many players in them? All similarly titled missions involve the weirdest, random level design and some are jump puzzles and some have all the level weapons in one big pile that at least one guy has a monopoly on (since the forced weapon is a jerry can)

They are, to the last, a bullshit ruse for sociopaths to kill you for 45 minutes straight

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Avocados posted:

If you're the first guy to grab the weapons, you're the one who gets an assload of RP and cash because you can just mow down other people with impunity.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Yeah the one I joined was a cage with no weapons and only the host outside the cage with a bunch of guns.

Sorry fresh prince I guess Rockstar decided I was having too much fun and booted me. As an aside, I really couldn't hear you, but then again I wasn't wearing my headphones and usually can hear you.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Nintendo Kid posted:

If you're the first guy to grab the weapons, you're the one who gets an assload of RP and cash because you can just mow down other people with impunity.

The ones I have all seen simply have everyone gated in while one other player is outside the game with an assload of weapons.

Im surprised that people are still falling for that poo poo. Although once I think I got enough players with me to kick the guy who was using the weapons.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Jesus the game reset itself again and I had to go in and fix all my settings. This happens like once a week to me...this time luckily it didn't make me redo the prologue.

What am I doing wrong?

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Couldn't join an online session? Why, yes, Rockstar I did want to kicked back into single player! Thank you so much!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Has anyone tried that Snipers vs. Stunters death match before? I got so many invites for it the other day so I tried it out just for morbid curiosity and it seems like a neat idea, just not executed very well.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

What am I doing wrong?

thinking rockstar might do something right

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Is the ol' "Jerrycan a dude's car and ignite it with your exhaust flames" still a trick that works?

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Kelly posted:

Jesus the game reset itself again and I had to go in and fix all my settings. This happens like once a week to me...this time luckily it didn't make me redo the prologue.

What am I doing wrong?

Do you mean when you start it and it comes up with the calibration screen? Every time this happens to me I just press the PS button, close the game, and restart it, and it works fine. Someone said it has something to do with a timeout to the Rockstar servers or something but I don't know if anyone knows why it does this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Songbearer posted:

Is the ol' "Jerrycan a dude's car and ignite it with your exhaust flames" still a trick that works?

I did it the other day and got dinged for the replacement fee, but supposedly if you make some distance between yourself and the car before it blows then you won't get fined.

• Locked thread