Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

The difference is you had to manufacture the read on WN while I simply caught Opop in a contradiction out of the gate. Apples and basketballs, Rarity. Apples and basketballs.

Naw. I saw the same thing, it wasn't manufactured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

It sounds like WM felt the pressure to post but didn't see any good cases. That says "newbie" (no offense) more than necessarily "town" or "scum" to me.

Ehhh, maybe. But he went into hiding immediately and never responded to this:

King Burgundy posted:

Now that Fiery says she wasn't actually joking, does that make you want to vote her again?

I had said I thought it was a joke vote. That is what made him back off of Fiery, supposedly. Fiery then said it wasn't actually a joke vote. WM never revisits even with my prompting.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I was in the lead last night! I just can't easily post during the day.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

How do you find that out?

Click on the post count instead of the thread.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm still feeling like Opop is my lead choice for the day. Please don't end the day before The Ram comes in here and blows us all away with his insights into the game, though.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is the deadline a good time for everybody? I can adjust it if need be by a few hours or so.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I think it's an excellent deadline

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

bowmore posted:

Is the deadline a good time for everybody? I can adjust it if need be by a few hours or so.

It's great for me.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Alright i'll just leave it, being in another country than the majority it's hard to know a decent time.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

I had said I thought it was a joke vote. That is what made him back off of Fiery, supposedly. Fiery then said it wasn't actually a joke vote. WM never revisits even with my prompting.

I honestly did miss this somehow. Hooray, reading comprehension.

##vote Firey Valkyrie

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Opopanax (6): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, TheRam, CapitalistPig, Murmur Twin, DuckHuntDog, CapitalistPig, Poison Mushroom, Hal Incandenza
wall monitor (4): fiery_valkyrie, Rarity, Max, Opopanax
fiery_valkyrie (1): EXAKT Science, wall monitor, EXAKT Science, wall monitor, wall monitor
EXAKT Science (0): Rarity, Rarity
TheRam (0): Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE (0): Opopanax, Opopanax
Hal Incandenza (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
CapitalistPig (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
Rarity (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
King Burgundy (0): DuckHuntDog, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, DuckHuntDog
Max (0): Rarity, Rarity
Poison Mushroom (0): Poison Mushroom, Max, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Poison Mushroom, Max

Not Voting (4): CapitalistPig, EXAKT Science, King Burgundy, VivaNova

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 27th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 22 hours, 45 minutes.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

wall monitor posted:

I honestly did miss this somehow. Hooray, reading comprehension.

##vote Firey Valkyrie

Ok, but why?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

bowmore posted:

Alright i'll just leave it, being in another country than the majority it's hard to know a decent time.

I would like it extends so everyone can grow a funny bone and quit voting me :colbert:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

I would like it extends so everyone can grow a funny bone and quit voting me :colbert:

I do not think you were joking though. I considered it, then I dismissed it. Your initial reaction was not one that evoked "joke"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Your face evokes "joke"

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Rarity posted:

Exakt, what's your take on WM and Opop?

I think it's really weird that WM hasn't voted for Opop. Why not? His votes on f_v are also terrible.

WM can you show, with quotes, why you're townreading DHD?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I look forward to when TheRam shows up and posts, because I have some weird ~vibes~ from him. His interactions with Opop in particular.

Opop are you going to scumhunt or just keep trying to extend jokephase?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
You're weird.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TheRam just ostensibly finished their dissertation. Having gone through that myself, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Yeh I spent all yesterday playing Pillars of Eternity and Smash 4 high, it was much needed, I fell asleep by accident and was out for ages. It was great.

I have a horrible cold atm, and I might be moving home later but I'd suspect at some time this evening I'll give this game the attention it deserves.

anyone who wants to make a bad case about me can refer to the other game that I've ignored to the same extent (probably more)

also opop is the best lynch and I think will probably flip scum, so I'm not actually too concerned about looking scummy although I would like to ~~~go far~~~ in this game because I keep getting lynched/NKd and endgame mafia is the most fun mafia probs

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

EXAKT Science posted:

Opop are you going to scumhunt or just keep trying to extend jokephase?

Both

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

opop do you blame yourself or bowmore for your scum slip?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I've been making bad decisions as town recently and I know I'm going to really seriously gently caress myself by saying this if Opop ends up being scum, but I feel like Opop isn't scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

I've been making bad decisions as town recently and I know I'm going to really seriously gently caress myself by saying this if Opop ends up being scum, but I feel like Opop isn't scum.

Could you elaborate? Even without the "scumslip" can you point to something that makes you feel townie about him?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Max posted:

I'd say this looks bad if opop flips town, actually.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Could you elaborate? Even without the "scumslip" can you point to something that makes you feel townie about him?

Again, there isn't really anything in particular, I just see every one of his jokes as some form of sarcastic and disengaged, which may be due to people latching on early and dogging him about it from the get-go. Just not feeling it.

I guess I've kinda hosed myself either way by saying that though.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TheRam posted:

Yeh I spent all yesterday playing Pillars of Eternity and Smash 4 high, it was much needed, I fell asleep by accident and was out for ages. It was great.

I have a horrible cold atm, and I might be moving home later but I'd suspect at some time this evening I'll give this game the attention it deserves.

anyone who wants to make a bad case about me can refer to the other game that I've ignored to the same extent (probably more)

also opop is the best lynch and I think will probably flip scum, so I'm not actually too concerned about looking scummy although I would like to ~~~go far~~~ in this game because I keep getting lynched/NKd and endgame mafia is the most fun mafia probs

I find it interesting that you're trying to frame any cases against you as bad preemptively.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I find it interesting that you're trying to frame any cases against you as bad preemptively.

lol, I'm actually not. You seem to be maybe stupid?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I guess one of the central issues of this game is going to be whether diqnol is a town attack dog or, a town attack dog that is stupid or a bad guy.

interesting...

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TheRam posted:

lol, I'm actually not. You seem to be maybe stupid?

You think so? I think that maybe you are if you think you're being sneaky.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I do seem to recall Ram being the type to freak out when voted, regardless of alignment

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Opopanax posted:

I do seem to recall Ram being the type to freak out when voted, regardless of alignment

nah, I usually respond to any and all assaults on my alignment though. It's not a freak out!

You think so? I think that maybe you are if you think you're being sneaky.

I'm town mate! If I wanted to be sneaky successfully I'd probably have read the thread more up to this point.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Honestly, I would have replaced out if I saw I was scum and still had to do the work you did.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Nah I wanted some mafia games because I was withholding from playing vidya so much. Was on the net reading journals and poo poo so works quite well with it, much easier to dip in and out at will.

Though by the end of the day I have awful eye strain!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TheRam posted:

You're weird.

Just feels like you have an agenda, friend :)

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

I'm only really seeing the latter.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

EXAKT Science posted:

I'm only really seeing the latter.

It's really more neither.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Just noticed this on a reread. Max, regarding PMush:

Max posted:

Back in my day, you didn't get away with calling yourself scum, even in joke vote phase.

Max posted:

You don't understand. I'm used to always taking people out, even if it's a joke, when they say anything resembling "I am scum" which you did. You can say you're joking, but that's moot. The words were still said.

If you feel this way, why aren't you voting Opop? He either scumslipped or made a joke about being scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Opop hasn't said "hi I'm scum." There's a difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Max posted:

even if it's a joke, when they say anything resembling "I am scum"

For some reason my brain parsed those two things in reverse order. Fair enough.

• Locked thread