Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

blackguy32 posted:

The ones I have all seen simply have everyone gated in while one other player is outside the game with an assload of weapons.

Im surprised that people are still falling for that poo poo. Although once I think I got enough players with me to kick the guy who was using the weapons.

Nearly all the ones I've played, there's basically one specific way to get out to the weapon area and in theory anyone can be the one.

My favorite one involves a helicopter you escape to by doing that thing where you take cover against a fence to slip inside a tight gap, and you can easily get into a tank once you land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Policenaut posted:

I did it the other day and got dinged for the replacement fee, but supposedly if you make some distance between yourself and the car before it blows then you won't get fined.

Aw, that's a shame. It was fun watching someone arrive at the impound, realise what was happening and start freaking the gently caress out.

Still, there's worse uses of your time if you have the cash to burn :v:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Kelly posted:

Jesus the game reset itself again and I had to go in and fix all my settings. This happens like once a week to me...this time luckily it didn't make me redo the prologue.

What am I doing wrong?

If you see the gamma calibration screen just back out of the game and close it right then. When you relaunch it everything will be fine.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

So has anyone figured out what the newest update changed yet?

(On PS4 that is)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
It's supposed to fix the parallax issue with some textures such as beards that the previous update broke.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Songbearer posted:

It's supposed to fix the parallax issue with some textures such as beards that the previous update broke.

It hasn't though. It seems to have fixed vehicle deformation and that's it.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
Kelly and Bisticlz. I am sorry, I do not understand what happened but I couldn't connect to PSN for a bit after it kicked me out of the heist. I'm back on now but there are no take backs on finales right? This is awful. I can't see any of you online but I'm sure that's cause you unfriended me.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

SamuraiPaul posted:

Kelly and Bisticlz. I am sorry, I do not understand what happened but I couldn't connect to PSN for a bit after it kicked me out of the heist. I'm back on now but there are no take backs on finales right? This is awful. I can't see any of you online but I'm sure that's cause you unfriended me.

Well I didn't unfriend you. Bisticlz may have though. :v:

We gave up when we saw you were offline. Everyone had to get up early, it wasn't a big deal at all.

Bisticlz, our high school friend who was playing with us, is he a goon?

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Haha, it's all good. We figured you ragequit or lost power or something. And we're old and tired.

No, he's not a goon, just a guy I ran into last night doing heists. I think another goon brought him in. Sorry for him hitting on you. Boy do my muscles hurt from working out so much.

*flex*

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Rockstar finally put up the patch notes for this update.

quote:

New Features / Updates

Changes have been made to the Matchmaking options and UI. This affects:
Heist Planning Board
A new option has been added to the Heist Planning Board that will allow you to press Left on the D-pad to quickly join a Heist as a crew member. You must have an active Heist in order to access this feature.
Heist Lobby
A “Matchmaking” option has been added to Heist lobbies that allows the Host to quickly change whether matchmaking is open or closed. When set to “Closed”, only invited players can connect with the Heist lobby. This option is “Closed” by default, which means only players you invite can join the session.
The “Client Invites” option has been reinstated for the host of the lobby that is “On” by default. This allows players that have joined the Heist to invite their friends. If you only want the host to be able to send invites, “Client Invites” should be set to “Off”.
Improvements to the “Auto-Invite” matchmaking option to help fill lobbies faster
Improvements to matchmaking for Heists to fill lobbies faster

Miscellaneous Fixes

Fixed a minor animation issue when throwing grenades while aiming on the PS4
Fixed an issue where the Bad Sport flag was not correctly being removed from certain players’ accounts
Fixed an issue where vehicle frames were not visually displaying damage correctly when heavily damaged
Fixed an issue where a black screen was appearing when PSN was down
Fixed an issue where the “Looking for job” display was being removed after accessing the Internet from the in-game phone, even though matchmaking was still in progress
Fixed an issue where the player could lose control of character after backing out of hacking the vault in one of the Heists
Fixed a rare issue where the player could get stuck on a cutscene if launching a certain Heist while in Ron’s Survival introduction
Fixed an issue where Criminal Mastermind progression was occasionally not tracking properly
Fixed an issue where players could spawn multiple parachutes
Fixed an issue with the time of day on one of the Heists
Fixed a possible crash when a One on One Deathmatch was initiated around the same time as a Heist invite
Fixed an issue where a Kraken could be replaced by a Dinghy after receiving a Title Update
Fixed an issue where a previous fix for character appearance changes was not applied correctly if the player was wearing a mask
Fixed a rare issue where players could get stuck on a black screen when trying to enter GTA Online
Fixed an issue where the objective could display incorrectly after evidence was picked up in one of the missions
Fixed a rare issue with lost player control after accepting cross-session invite
Fix for issue where some players were experiencing freezing when trying to use the in-game cell phone in Story Mode
Fixed miscellaneous recent exploits
Other minor fixes for GTA Online and Story Mode to improve general stability

It's a good thing that nobody actually wasted funbux buying a Kraken!

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Songbearer posted:

Is the ol' "Jerrycan a dude's car and ignite it with your exhaust flames" still a trick that works?

Park an npc car next to the target car, and torch the npc car to avoid paying insurance when the PV mysteriously explodes in a freak accident. It's the same trick with one step added. Alternatively, cargobob those fuckers into the sea.

gently caress, wait, does "Fixed miscellaneous recent exploits" mean they patched out police uniforms, because I still need one.

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Mar 27, 2015

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Bad Sport is still a thing?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Aardmania posted:

Rockstar finally put up the patch notes for this update.

It's a good thing that nobody actually wasted funbux buying a Kraken!

I actually bought a Kraken, I kind of enjoy exploring stuff underwater :)

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Croccers posted:

Bad Sport is still a thing?

If you're really insistent on ignoring all warnings and continuing to rack em up, yes.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.

Jonesy posted:

gently caress, wait, does "Fixed miscellaneous recent exploits" mean they patched out police uniforms, because I still need one.

If it's not fixed this time it will be, why waste the effort

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

bisticles posted:

Haha, it's all good. We figured you ragequit or lost power or something. And we're old and tired.

No, he's not a goon, just a guy I ran into last night doing heists. I think another goon brought him in. Sorry for him hitting on you. Boy do my muscles hurt from working out so much.

*flex*

Do you lift 450? Because I lift 450.

Once I realized he was a young person and not an adult he grew on me. That said he is the oldest freshman I've ever heard.

Having done the last heist again, I do think it's overall pretty enjoyable. The Trevor heist is really the only weak link I think.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

So the patch changed my character.... I'm now black... Interesting.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

ExplodingSquid posted:

So the patch changed my character.... I'm now black... Interesting.

Happened to me too. Switching sessions or going to the character swap screen should return your character to its actual design

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Apparently this update hosed up a ton of graphics in the game and Rockstar's already saying they're working on an update to the update.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I think there should be an accomplishment for doing all five heists without anyone being kicked back to single player or having connection errors.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Policenaut posted:

Apparently this update hosed up a ton of graphics in the game and Rockstar's already saying they're working on an update to the update.

April 13th: Dear PC players: Thank you for your patience with the extended work we have had to put into GTA5! However, due to some unforseen circumstances in the latest GTA: Online patches, in order to prepare the PC version to be the best it can possibly be we unfortunately must announce that the PC's release date is now September 28th. To make up for all our players who have been patiently waiting for the release, we're now granting every player who preorders by August 31st $200,000 more money to spend in the online game as they wish!

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
Excited to play GTA V for the first time in April when it lands on PC. What are the odds GTA Online will be completely borked on launch day? From what I've heard, I'm pretty much treating that as a guarantee.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
Question for the folks with an XB1 -

Seems whenever I log out and yell at my XBOX to turn off, it doesn't actually turn all the way off (staying on so I can yell at it to turn on again). Occasionally this leads to an issue where I log in to GTAO and it refuses to. The only solution I have is to go into settings and restart the XB1.

Is there an easier way for this, or have I found the workaround that's best?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

zfleeman posted:

Excited to play GTA V for the first time in April when it lands on PC. What are the odds GTA Online will be completely borked on launch day? From what I've heard, I'm pretty much treating that as a guarantee.

It's tradition by this point. I'll be sad if it runs flawlessly :v:

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007
The funny thing is we did 2 heists after midnight on March 10th with no problem, it was only the next day when everyone rushed on that it poo poo itself. So it seems to be an issue of traffic (they could still do something about this but it's apparently not "cost effective" to spin up a bunch of servers for 1 day) more then programming incompetence.

en1125
Jul 3, 2006
I have a very specific goal...and that is to have no goals.

En Fuego posted:

Question for the folks with an XB1 -

Seems whenever I log out and yell at my XBOX to turn off, it doesn't actually turn all the way off (staying on so I can yell at it to turn on again). Occasionally this leads to an issue where I log in to GTAO and it refuses to. The only solution I have is to go into settings and restart the XB1.

Is there an easier way for this, or have I found the workaround that's best?

Yeah. Buy a ps4.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Fenom posted:

The funny thing is we did 2 heists after midnight on March 10th with no problem, it was only the next day when everyone rushed on that it poo poo itself. So it seems to be an issue of traffic (they could still do something about this but it's apparently not "cost effective" to spin up a bunch of servers for 1 day) more then programming incompetence.

Rockstar says they use a cloud infrastructure (that's supposed to handle spikes in traffic), but I don't think they really know what it means.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

You're fired, internet!

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nooooo i just transferred my dude from ps3 to 4 and all my cars are gone :(

And r2 doesnt work for shooting stuff, so michael got executed in the intro :P

my new dog fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 27, 2015

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

my new dog posted:

if you send a ticket to rockstar, they might reimburse you like 500k. might.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sapient Afro posted:

if you send a ticket to rockstar, they might reimburse you like 500k. might.

I should add that i bought them with hacked money i randomly received.. So that might is probably a big no

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

my new dog posted:

And r2 doesnt work for shooting stuff, so michael got executed in the intro :P

Send the ticket in. It happened to me and they ended up giving me 6 million to restock. They are going to ask for a list of cars though, so I hope you remember what you had ..hacked or not.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adregan posted:

Send the ticket in. It happened to me and they ended up giving me 6 million to restock. They are going to ask for a list of cars though, so I hope you remember what you had ..hacked or not.

:0

i have absolutely no way of remembering that and my social club garage page is showing empty. havent played this game since before ps4 came out

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new this is where to complain, right?

i will still send an enquiry though, thanks for the help

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
How dangerous is it to my mental health that I'm going to host a heist with pubbies

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007
So I've got 3 people looking to do a full heist run through (all heists in order and with the same people) for the $2,000,000 bonus and we need a 4th person that will be willing to play enough to do this this weekend and has a microphone. We would probably like to start around 12-1pm EST and play until like 6pm or so I figure that's probably enough time to finish at least 2 or 3 tomorrow and 1 or 2 on Sunday. Now that I've typed that it sounds super spergy but gently caress it I want my GTA funbucks.

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007

Avocados posted:

How dangerous is it to my mental health that I'm going to host a heist with pubbies

This really depends on the heist, the Trevor one is completely doable with pubbies who are barely competent, any of the other ones are going to have points where you want to gouge your loving eyes out.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Avocados posted:

dont do it!

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Fenom posted:

So I've got 3 people looking to do a full heist run through (all heists in order and with the same people) for the $2,000,000 bonus and we need a 4th person that will be willing to play enough to do this this weekend and has a microphone. We would probably like to start around 12-1pm EST and play until like 6pm or so I figure that's probably enough time to finish at least 2 or 3 tomorrow and 1 or 2 on Sunday. Now that I've typed that it sounds super spergy but gently caress it I want my GTA funbucks.

I'm your man. LLJK_Craptacular if I'm not your PSN friend already (I can never remember which forum name corresponds with with PSN name).

I guess we need to make two pairs and do the initial heist separately?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Still searching for players. Some dude is smacking his gum that he's chewing. All my other GTA friends are on 360. :(

e: story mode time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
edit: False alarm!

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 28, 2015

• Locked thread