Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

GreenNight posted:

X-Files coming back? Who gives a poo poo. Finally the sequel show everyone has been waiting for:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/craig-t-nelson-star-coach-784791

there are maybe 8 people in the world who wanted this show back - me, and the rest of the cast of Coach - so they've already pissed off 87.5% of their target audience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Yeah, wake me up when they announce that Jerry Van Dyke is returning. Otherwise what's the point?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I will absolutely watch it if they bring Dauber and Luther back. I loved Coach from what I can remember of it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Deadpool posted:

It is now the year 2000. The more things change the more they stay the same!

Is it time for Klax?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sir Kodiak posted:

Yeah, wake me up when they announce that Jerry Van Dyke is returning. Otherwise what's the point?

Is he even still alive?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Is he even still alive?

Both he and Richard are still alive.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

raditts posted:

I'm not sure where that applies to Top Gear though. Are the cars not real? Are the field segments just the guys sitting in front of a green screen with cars CGed around them? :confused:

Stig's "cousins" aren't actually blood-related. :colbert: Gonna miss Clarkson introducing the Stig though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O25ubxbhdc

Deadpool posted:

It is now the year 2000. The more things change the more they stay the same!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCXYWpkQ9NQ

Never seen this show, but I know it's famous. I first heard about it in that one Supernatural episode where Sam becomes a car. Is this a reboot or a movie, because I thought the show took place in the 80s?

Ravane fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 27, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of old guys, its kind of crazy that William Shatner is 84, he certainly doesn't look or act like it.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

gently caress Coach. Where's my Major Dad revival? :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ravane posted:

Never seen this show, but I know it's famous. I first heard about it in that one Supernatural episode where Sam becomes a car. Is this a reboot or a movie, because I thought the show took place in the 80s?

It says TV movie in the Youtube description.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Aphrodite posted:

Only watched the trailer, which didn't make that immediately clear.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
American Crime is hilarious. Rather then cover the police it covers the suspects and the victims families, and the mother of the murder victim is so blatantly denying reality it's great. She literally thinks the entire police department is working against her to discredit her son (the victim) and there's a massive conspiracy that almost everyone is involved.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

They did order it to (a very short-lived) series though, didn't they? I'm almost positive I turned the channel away from it a couple times around 2006-2007, but it was so forgettable that I'm not 100% sure.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

raditts posted:

They did order it to (a very short-lived) series though, didn't they? I'm almost positive I turned the channel away from it a couple times around 2006-2007, but it was so forgettable that I'm not 100% sure.

Yes

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Different Knight Rider TV movies.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So HBO just cut a gargantuan deal with Vice. It was already airing a Vice news documentary program on Friday nights with about a dozen episodes a year. Now it's expanding that documentary program to 35 episodes a year for four years along with 30 additional specials within that four year term. And that's not even the biggest part of the deal. Vice will also have a half hour nightly newscast show on HBO every weekday for 48 weeks out of the year. And in addition to all that a Vice news channel will be included on the new HBO Now streaming service. This is a pretty major deal. It's the biggest content deal HBO has ever made and it instantly turns Vice into a big deal in the TV news world.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/hbo-vice-news-content-deal-series-newscast-1201399154/

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like their show ok. It's funny how Vice's CEO acts like they are this hip young company when Bill Maher and a bunch of guys from CNN and Fox News are executives at the company.

Their Munchies show on their Youtube channel is probably the best food show around. It reminds me of Anthony Bourdain's show on Food Network years ago.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Vice's coverage of the Russian invasion of Ukraine has been absolutely stellar. Infinitely better than anything from the established western TV news. For one thing, they actually have reporters reporting from the front, as opposed to wearing body armour on the balcony of a Kiev hotel.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mu Zeta posted:

I like their show ok. It's funny how Vice's CEO acts like they are this hip young company when Bill Maher and a bunch of guys from CNN and Fox News are executives at the company.

Their Munchies show on their Youtube channel is probably the best food show around. It reminds me of Anthony Bourdain's show on Food Network years ago.

Have you seen http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1787777/ ? It's great just to watch David Carr (I think, it's been a few years since I've seen it) tear the Vice kids a new one. But yeah, they do good work and their ISIS documentary last year was incredible.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The best cooking show is The Katering Show on YouTube, sooo....

http://thekateringshow.com

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Mar 27, 2015

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

thrawn527 posted:

I thought it was Hannibal

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Have you seen http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1787777/ ? It's great just to watch David Carr (I think, it's been a few years since I've seen it) tear the Vice kids a new one. But yeah, they do good work and their ISIS documentary last year was incredible.

I haven't seen that, but I have heard that Vice pays their contributors gaaaaaaaarbage. I like their stuff though, maybe having shows on actual tv instead of youtube will let them pay better.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

How nice that people of all ideologies can sit at the same table when there are piles of money to be made.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

That's why American money is only one color.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

GreenNight posted:

That's why American money is only one color.

Have you seen our money recently?

edit: its like the mint designed it on Blingee

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Huh, look at that. It's been a while since I handled cash I guess.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love the new 100 and I hope all our money looks like that soon.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I don't like how the new bills all have buildings being attacked by swarms of bees on the back.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Vice's coverage of the Russian invasion of Ukraine has been absolutely stellar. Infinitely better than anything from the established western TV news. For one thing, they actually have reporters reporting from the front

That's because Vice's reporters are people who get their jollies dressing up in body armor and being ~IN THE poo poo~ in some war zone. It's dumb, and they're going to get someone killed.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

JohnSherman posted:

That's because Vice's reporters are people who get their jollies dressing up in body armor and being ~IN THE poo poo~ in some war zone. It's dumb, and they're going to get someone killed.

I believe they have a word for that, you rarely see it practiced anymore, uhh, oh yeah, journalism!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Today's Couch Chat is brought to you by...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO4JYRA42wk

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

IRQ posted:

I believe they have a word for that, you rarely see it practiced anymore, uhh, oh yeah, journalism!

It's just like how putting on some latex gloves and cutting people makes you a surgeon.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'd much rather see people actually in the middle of things they're reporting on than doing well lit two minute remotes 10 miles away and then answering the dumbest questions the anchors back at the studio can think of. But that's just me.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Aphrodite posted:

It's just like how putting on some latex gloves and cutting people makes you a surgeon.

You're right, I'll go back to watching idiots bicker over how it's Obama's fault on the regular news networks, oh wait they don't even acknowledge that anything is going on anymore.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit
Did anyone watch Inside No 9? I didn't even know they were getting a second season but it is quality programming.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

thrawn527 posted:

http://thekateringshow.com

Wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j71ggLVEsU8

Deadpool posted:

So HBO just cut a gargantuan deal with Vice. It was already airing a Vice news documentary program on Friday nights with about a dozen episodes a year. Now it's expanding that documentary program to 35 episodes a year for four years along with 30 additional specials within that four year term. And that's not even the biggest part of the deal. Vice will also have a half hour nightly newscast show on HBO every weekday for 48 weeks out of the year. And in addition to all that a Vice news channel will be included on the new HBO Now streaming service. This is a pretty major deal. It's the biggest content deal HBO has ever made and it instantly turns Vice into a big deal in the TV news world.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/hbo-vice-news-content-deal-series-newscast-1201399154/

That actually legitimately makes me consider an HBO Now subscription. Vice seems the closest thing to an honest to god news organization these days, and anything to help support that feels like it's worth my money.

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 27, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Someone lemme know when this becomes the Scarecrow and Mrs. King thread thanks.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Deadpool posted:

I'd much rather see people actually in the middle of things they're reporting on than doing well lit two minute remotes 10 miles away and then answering the dumbest questions the anchors back at the studio can think of. But that's just me.

Even if it means that people die for those relatively unimportant location shots?

Vice's guy in Ukraine isn't even that good. Sure, he gets some interesting shots every once in a while, like the surrendering of Ukrainian tanks, but for the most part it's pretty middling. He is terrible at tying what he is seeing to any greater theme or action regarding the conflict as a whole, which is honestly the important part of delivering news.

His reporting about the implications of the conflict is nothing you couldn't find on the website of any half decent regional news outlet, he just happens to deliver it standing in front of a tank.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The state of American journalism is so loving dire that I welcome anyone trying to do anything different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There's an astonishing amount of great journalism out there. It's just not on TV.

• Locked thread