Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Spedman posted:

I might slap a draft selection thingy together tonight just in case the draft doesn't get shifted. I've only ever done dreamteam, this should be a bit more interesting.

For people who haven't played before - if you don't attend the draft it will order your picks based on what UF projects player average scores to be this year, and it will ensure you have position coverage. It's not ideal but I did it for this comp last year and I think I made the GF. But at the very least it's a good idea to put long-term injured players at the bottom of the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Gough Suppressant posted:

I hope I remember to set a pre-draft order tomorrow during the day, otherwise it's going to be a hilarious mess.

That happened to me, I got a team full of old folk and somehow finished 3rd (I think?) so imo set Fletcher as number 1 and let the good times roll.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

thepokey posted:

That happened to me, I got a team full of old folk and somehow finished 3rd (I think?) so imo set Fletcher as number 1 and let the good times roll.

I have a feeling that won't work as well this year :catdrugs:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

If no one else joins by midnight tonight, I'm locking it at 12 teams - otherwise the draft can't go ahead with odd number of teams until we get 14.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Well I went through my pre-draft list and put all of Essendon at the bottom with the injured players, and pushed down a bunch of players I don't like for reasons (Gibbs being one).

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Alright 12 teams are locked in for Ultimate Footy, draft is staying same time/date unless anyone else has objections.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

This is probably the first draft time I can actually make since that ill-fated supercoach draft where people were getting skipped over and 1 guy basically just kept getting pick after pick ... which was pretty hilarious in how broken it was.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The herald sun draft one was a total mess, glad we're never going to do that again. This is a ~much~ better alternative.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I've never done a draft before, so in preparation I've been watching all the draft episodes of The League

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Rule #1 is don't pick Essendon players.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

:feelsgood:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
glad they invited noted football mind jon ralph onto the panel to discuss melbourne.

I didn't realise how truly hosed we were until david king said he liked the direction we are going.

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 28, 2015

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Given the brains trust on that show I thought thier analysis of the Eagles was pretty much spot on.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
yesssss

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Drugs posted:

yesssss

Whoa

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
that is rad as gently caress

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Drugs posted:

yesssss

:vince:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

That is a good jersey.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Drugs posted:

yesssss

Pretty rad yo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Designed by McLeod, with input from all the current indigenous players on our list

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

2 hour reminder for ultimate footy draft.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Diet Crack posted:

2 hour reminder for ultimate footy draft.

I AM PISS

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Drugs posted:

yesssss

Holy poo poo.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

This is the correct way to draft.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Can we bump it back to 7pm, just getting home now...

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I have to leave at 7.30 but I can auto it from then.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Same. But I have pick 1 and I have GAJ first in my pre-draft list so gently caress the world. Whatever happens happens.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

So I guess I mistook when the draft was, because I've missed all of it.

Looks like the machine picked utter poo poo for me, is there any reason to bother playing still?

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Mar 28, 2015

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

Looks like the machine picked utter poo poo for me, is there any reason to bother playing still?

You can salvage it!

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Me in round 5 posted posted:

Looks like I've spent all my swaps on injured players, is there any reason to bother playing still?

lightinwater
Jan 1, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

Because of the small lists you can probably salvage just by being diligent picking up blokes who come from nowhere. Get yourself a team of Michael Barlows

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

http://ultimate-footy.theage.com.au/145134/draft_results

Good draft, and yes there are still plenty of starting 22 guys to patch up your team. Injuries happen and poo poo.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
*looks at draft results*

*vomits uncontrollably*

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Well the upside for me is that I only lose one player if ASADA actually bans players...
The downside is Tom Liberatore.

lightinwater
Jan 1, 2014

Schlesische posted:

Well the upside for me is that I only lose one player if ASADA actually bans players...
The downside is Tom Liberatore.

Maybe it'll turn into a keeper league...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Got home from Ikea just in time to see pick 12 fly by; took over, then just before I selected Cooney, while desperately trying to boost someone else above him in my wishlist, Adam internet cut out for 10 minutes, so by the time I got my phone off wifi and logged in that one was gone. Then the time desynched and it auto selected a 4th ruckman for me while I was trying to take Langdon as a back.

This is going to take some doing to salvage, since the stupid machine also burned my third pick on Brad Crouch, who is out for a good 6 rounds.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Me yesterday: oh I can make the draft tomorrow it's all good!
Me today: *leaves house at 6pm completely forgetting about the draft and thus hadn't set up a pre-draft order*

My on field team doesn't look too shabby with what I landed with but pretty much my entire bench are all injured. Thanks NAB challenge!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Here have a video about the awesome Crows indigenous guernsey http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-03-28/new-indigeous-guernsey-revealed

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Drugs posted:

yesssss

that's p goddamn cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
So what's the go with signing new players on ultimate footy? does it cost some currency or what?

• Locked thread