Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

can't wait for the episode dealing with lazy translators

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Just watched the final episode, and my jaw is breaking from all the smiling. And tears. And smiling. Parts of this episode explain clearly why poor CR is getting so screwed by delays.

Pretty sure that's the Best Anime of 2015 wrapped up already, but it'll be a lonely year from now on. Wonderful show. Need doughnuts.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I am now going stay out of this thread until I have seen the episode. I may or may not be drinking cheap whiskey in the meantime in an attempt to lose track of the hours. It would be kind of some friend to give a heads up in the season or chat threads when the episode is up on Crunchyroll.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

darkgray posted:

Just watched the final episode, and my jaw is breaking from all the smiling. And tears. And smiling. Parts of this episode explain clearly why poor CR is getting so screwed by delays.

Pretty sure that's the Best Anime of 2015 wrapped up already, but it'll be a lonely year from now on. Wonderful show. Need doughnuts.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I am now going stay out of this thread until I have seen the episode. I may or may not be drinking cheap whiskey in the meantime in an attempt to lose track of the hours. It would be kind of some friend to give a heads up in the season or chat threads when the episode is up on Crunchyroll.

Shirobako saved anime

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Just finished watching episode 23, and I have to say I didn't expect Funny Story's dressing down to be so… cinematic? Even though I clicked "view new posts" in this thread by accident so I got spoiled.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Davincie posted:

can't wait for the episode dealing with lazy translators

It's more likely that someone like Taro was responsible for uploading the video file to the foreign licensers for translation

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
I can't believe it's over. 6 months goes by amazingly fast these days. gently caress I hate being almost 30.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Honestly feels like this is going to be one of the greatly remembered animes of these times, it was an amazing ride the whole way through.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Great final episode. Hiraoka gets healed thanks to tarous friendship! Ai gets eaten by a cow! Michan an is so obsessed with wheels, she put some on a boat! Ema does extra work so she can work on the scenes with shizuka!

I really hope there's more at some point.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

:cheers:

can't wait for season 3 and 4

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Lost it at Dreamgast 4.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
This was a fantastic series. I can't wait for the second season, wherein Musani Animation produces Two Piece and Marginal Village Depopulation Girl at the same time.

Although, it's a shame they aren't making Gothic Lolita Women's Koshien yet. I hope I don't have to wait too many years for that one, it looks pretty sweet.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's out on Crunchyroll, for any who for some reason are looking here but not there.

A wonderful end to an amazing series. The five friends getting together at the end and being friends was great. The different groups drinking together was great. Autistic artist girl learning to speak in reasonably complete sentences and seeing Aoi's spirit animals was great. Hiroaka and Diesel reconciling and chatting amicably together was great. Everyone working together at mach speed to get the final episode together with no real problems was great. What's-her-name with the braid and the boobs (Segawa, maybe? names are hard) coming into the office and discomfiting the guy (no clue on his name) was great. Ema insisting that she be the one to draw Zuka-chan-senpai's character was great. Diesel dressing down the cow was great.

Everything was great. I have difficulty imagining a show dethroning Shirobako as anime of the year.

VVVVVVVV Oh poo poo, yeah, Zuka-chan-senpai getting more work was also great!

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 27, 2015

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
What a good show. Zuka-chan seems to have received some work after her stint as Lucy - though she was only playing Girl A or whatever. FROM NOW ON THE SKY IS THE LIMIT :unsmith:

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Ema insisting that she be the one to draw Zuka-chan-senpai's character was great.

YEAH, I was certain these assholes were going to make me cry again.

vivisecting fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 27, 2015

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also loved seeing Chazawa as a random photographer at the end.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

vivisecting posted:

What a good show. Zuka-chan seems to have received some work after her stint as Lucy - though she was only playing Girl A or whatever. FROM NOW ON THE SKY IS THE LIMIT :unsmith:

Girl C. She still has a ways to go before A.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
When I saw the final episode's title in 23 I hoped for some more drifting action. I was not disappointed. I'm just a bit surprised that they didn't go full Blues Brothers and have the police cars all crash into each other.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Absolutely great ending to wrap things up. But what the hell did they put in those donuts?

The ending of an anime season is usually a bit sad but this time will be even worse. :(

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

I like that they went with a realistic composition for the company photo. Not Aoi in the middle, but instead the director, the lead VA, and the original creator, and the script writer.

Also I like the easter egg of Yano there keeping that director from running away....

I assume season 2 would be about the terrifying implications of Aoi's hallucinations manifesting into reality.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 27, 2015

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fangz posted:

I like that they went with a realistic composition for the company photo. Not Aoi in the middle, but instead the director, the lead VA, and the original creator, and the script writer.

Also I like the easter egg of Yano there keeping that director from running away....

I assume season 2 would be about the terrifying implications of Aoi's hallucinations manifesting into reality.

Well the only one who can really see them is autist-chan maybe.

If they do an S2 (big IF), I'd love to know about Okitsu-san (and how she got her nickname) and some of the other older souls during their time in production. I'm totally not interested in watching them do production on "Two Piece" since the reality of how that show is made is infinitely more depressing than it should be. I'd rather them jump a few years with them actually trying to get their own company going.

Also, this is a world where the Sega Dreamcast survived and continued its legacy. Oh what a world it might have been.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love the girls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope it gets a season 2!!!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Xelkelvos posted:

Well the only one who can really see them is autist-chan maybe.

Look carefully at the photograph.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

they pretty clearly hinted what the next seasons would be if they make them. one season where they have to juggle 2 garbage anime at once, and a second one where they get to do their passion project using the money from the garbage anime

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
This is probably me projecting but in a second season I'd like to see Hiraoka overcome his demons and mature into the kind of person they hinted at him being during his college years.

Also it's rather impressive how pretty much everybody in that photograph got a proper name and title card sometime during the series, and a lot of them even got some characterization in.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Zuka becomes a popular VA and everyone has to get over their jealousy that the last one in is out in front on a very special season 2 of Shirobako.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fangz posted:

Look carefully at the photograph.

Sorry, hte audience can see them too

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013
Lol at those 3 dudes from the production committee still arguing with each other.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

If you haven't watched the last episode yet, I highly recommend getting a draft beer for the viewing.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!
Must've been quite a party for them to have shared delusions.

This was a great episode and now I don't know what to watch now.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
That was everything I wanted and more. What a great series.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Fantastic series. Love the end. I have no loving clue what i'm supposed to think about them adapting one... I mean two piece. I mean... those long running shonen jump shows are usually farmed to a poo poo load of studios at once aren't they? What's the idea of sticking with one dinky studio that's put out a prestige show and a well done adaptation? Both of them were only 1 cour too...

It's rife for dramatic purposes; I wonder if they do a second season they'll have the long runner in the background while they do a bunch of smaller shows and track their careers over a longer span instead of up close like with exodus and aerial girls.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
Where is Segawa-san (the animator with the big tiddies)? I thought she was at the party? Though I guess she might have went home since she looked like she might have got sick or something. The biking dude is there, right (orange shirt back row)? And she was a higher rank than he was I thought.

Edit: Ahhh dangit!! vvv

vivisecting fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 28, 2015

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

vivisecting posted:

Where is Segawa-san (the animator with the big tiddies)? I thought she was at the party? Though I guess she might have went home since she looked like she might have got sick or something. The biking dude is there, right (orange shirt back row)? And she was a higher rank than he was I thought.

She's in the middle of the picture, over the shoulder of the mangaka.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
The part where they all had to rush to the different studios to get the tapes there was amazing. Like...goddamn that hit all the good points. Please have more in the future Shirobako, you are so wonderful.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I'm sad it's over :(

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

PaganGoatPants posted:

I'm sad it's over :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013
So Aoi apparently can multiply!

• Locked thread