Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, it is close, but that read had to be forced as well by someone coming in and saying "gotcha." PMush just walked into the thread and made a "I am scum" joke, which is a different beast in my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
OK, 6ish hours till a Fri night deadline. Opop's -2, WM's 2 behind. Only other vote is a weird one on FV.

Considering the charges on these two:

Opop
1. Early ~scumslip~
2. Thoughtless vote on WM
3. Saying he's gonna be mia/only posting to complain about votes on him

WM:
1. Questionable initial vote of FV
2. Subsequent unvote/revote
3. Anxiety/self consciousness
4. Odd criticism of Opop

Please comment/add/detract from these summaries.

My thoughts:
O1: Dumb. Anyone voting Opop solely for this reason is likewise dumb. Thinking of MT, DHD and TheRam here since Hal and Diq at least backed their thoughts up. Maybe PM.
O2-O3: Legit reasons to vote someone, though also compatible with disinterest/resignation after taking early heat.

W1: Sometimes early D1 votes just aren't great. :shrug:
W2: It wasn't as if new/groundbreaking information was revealed and he then voted someone else. 'It was a joke/not a joke' is the most common boring argument on D1. The current vote on FV likewise MAKES NO SENSE.
W3: For me this is shown most when he responds to Rarity criticizing someone else and excessive apologizing. Nerves are NOT exclusively a scum trait, as some people claim, but in this case I do read it as an over-reaction. Nerves are also a newbie trait as some have argued, but he's totes not a newbie. Note I have never played with WM before.
W4: This is the biggest thing to me. It looks like he's trying to say 'Look I have an original thought about why Opop (obvious alternative lynch) might be bad!' But idgi, said so and he didn't explain. I think he's just writing it so he can come back later and vote Opop and look legit.

So.
Opop is leading us nowhere. WM is leading us in circles.
Opop leaves me disappointed and WM leaves me baffled.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

VivaNova posted:

W4: This is the biggest thing to me. It looks like he's trying to say 'Look I have an original thought about why Opop (obvious alternative lynch) might be bad!' But idgi, said so and he didn't explain. I think he's just writing it so he can come back later and vote Opop and look legit.

So.
Opop is leading us nowhere. WM is leading us in circles.
Opop leaves me disappointed and WM leaves me baffled.

This seems most damning.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
I explained myself on opop including making one point before diq did if I remember?

Phone posting cus I get to go home, will figure this game out within 6 hours

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hello,

It's been a long work day and I am going to a bar. I'll be on the phone and then home before deadline. I would rather vote WM over Opop.

I'm going to drink hard cider, if you're interested.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I need to know what kind of cider

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Kill opop. Reads within 3hr

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

VivaNova posted:

It's really more neither.

Elaborate on this?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

I did not find him very funny.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

VivaNova posted:

I did not find him very funny.

:iceburn:

NB: I said "trying to extend." I didn't say it was successful :v:

Opop is probably the best kill today

Max posted:

Opop hasn't said "hi I'm scum." There's a difference.

Max you're being super silly. Also,

Max posted:

This seems most damning.

Why?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

catching up on another game then I'll play this one.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Max is busy drinking an inferior beverage to beer. I can try to answer you since he's agreeing with something I posted but I feel I explained it pretty well.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

VivaNova posted:

Max is busy drinking an inferior beverage to beer. I can try to answer you since he's agreeing with something I posted but I feel I explained it pretty well.

It's interesting that you're jumping to defend him.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

VivaNova posted:

My thoughts:
O1: Dumb. Anyone voting Opop solely for this reason is likewise dumb. Thinking of MT, DHD and TheRam here since Hal and Diq at least backed their thoughts up. Maybe PM.

I don't think it is even that sutble, honestly.

Opopanax posted:

no I did not receive a PM

Opopanax posted:

Do you guys really think I just blundered in here without reading a single thing the instant I got my PM?

Vote Opop.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Opopanax (6): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, TheRam, CapitalistPig, Murmur Twin, DuckHuntDog, CapitalistPig, Poison Mushroom, Hal Incandenza
wall monitor (4): fiery_valkyrie, Rarity, Max, Opopanax
fiery_valkyrie (1): EXAKT Science, wall monitor, EXAKT Science, wall monitor, wall monitor
EXAKT Science (0): Rarity, Rarity
TheRam (0): Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE (0): Opopanax, Opopanax
Hal Incandenza (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
CapitalistPig (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
Rarity (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
King Burgundy (0): DuckHuntDog, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, DuckHuntDog
Max (0): Rarity, Rarity
Poison Mushroom (0): Poison Mushroom, Max, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Poison Mushroom, Max

Not Voting (4): CapitalistPig, EXAKT Science, King Burgundy, VivaNova

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 27th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 59 minutes.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

DuckHuntDog posted:

I don't think it is even that sutble, honestly.

Vote Opop.

Oh hey DHD! What do you think about Viva, WM, and Max, and do you think any of them could be scum with Opop?

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

Oh hey DHD! What do you think about Viva, WM, and Max, and do you think any of them could be scum with Opop?

The sheer effort Viva has put behind defending Opop doesn't strike me as scummy; regardless of the flip, I don't think scum are going to put that much effort into defending Opop here.

WM has been really vague about Opop and waffling on any sort of alignment call, which I think is odd, but I don't know about alignment yet. I don't get the FV vote at all.

Max has been defending Opop, but only putting in a token effort on it. Could be scum, or just more interested in being right than persuasive.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Who do you think is scum with Opop then?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

I'm going to drink hard cider, if you're interested.

What kind of hard cider?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'll still be placing my vote on Opop pre-deadline.

Unless TheRam blows me away with some kind of alternative casing, I guess.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

I don't have a strong read yet, it is still D1. Of those three I would pick Max over WM just because I don't really get what WM is doing. My gut pick is Hal but I don't have a case yet.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Have the other non voters (Viva/Cpig/Exakt) said who they want to vote for?

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

I'll still be placing my vote on Opop pre-deadline.

Unless TheRam blows me away with some kind of alternative casing, I guess.

I get he is at -2 but what is holding you back now? It is only an hour and a half til deadline and it is Friday evening in the US.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

DuckHuntDog posted:

I get he is at -2 but what is holding you back now? It is only an hour and a half til deadline and it is Friday evening in the US.

Because I'll be here at deadline and I've been waiting patiently for TheRam.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Angry Orchard, it turns out

DuckHuntDog posted:

I don't have a strong read yet, it is still D1. Of those three I would pick Max over WM just because I don't really get what WM is doing. My gut pick is Hal but I don't have a case yet.

You don't get what WM is doing so you'd pick me?

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Max posted:

Angry Orchard, it turns out

You don't get what WM is doing so you'd pick me?

Yes? Being baffling isn't really an alignment tell in my experience, but the passive defense you have put on Opop is if he flips scum.

King Burgundy posted:

Because I'll be here at deadline and I've been waiting patiently for TheRam.

Fair enough, as long as there isn't a no dunk.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

DuckHuntDog posted:

Yes? Being baffling isn't really an alignment tell in my experience, but the passive defense you have put on Opop is if he flips scum.

That's all? I really don't think there's enough to go after him, especially over WM.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm just confused, because you said of the three you would pick me, even though your reasoning on me is dependent on an Opop flip.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Max posted:

I'm just confused, because you said of the three you would pick me, even though your reasoning on me is dependent on an Opop flip.

I am pretty confident he is going to flip scum, yes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

DuckHuntDog posted:

I am pretty confident he is going to flip scum, yes.

So you'd vote me first?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why are you so confident? This makes no sense to me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

King Burgundy posted:

Yes, I want to vote Opop. I'm waiting for TheRam as well and am going to be here until deadline.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

DuckHuntDog posted:

Come on, make a case on me!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't think TheRam is coming.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Max posted:

So you'd vote me first?

I was asked about you, Viva and WM. Of you three, yes.

Max posted:

He's legit made references to getting a PM twice now, regardless of joking or being disengaged like you say. Even if you don't believe it, that should "make sense".

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
DHD I think it's interesting that you're latching on to the weakest part of the case on Opop. Also you should case Hal.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It still doesn't make sense, but whatever.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Come on, make a case on me!

Well, okay then.

Hal Incandenza posted:

It is clear to me that Opop is the bad guy but I will withhold my vote until the Ram succeeds in this most important event of his life

You agree Opop might be scum, but keep the casual joke thing going and hold off on voting him for a while. That isn't atypical for you, but it feels a bit off to me.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

It's interesting that you're jumping to defend him.
So you don't actually need any clarification on this point, you're just trying to set dumb traps for people trying to actually play the game. Cool.

EXAKT Science posted:

DHD's not going to be dumb enough to answer that..... o wait.

King Burgundy posted:

Yes, I said Opop or WM in a post a few hours ago.

DuckHuntDog posted:

You want to make sure people are playing logically, explaining themselves, ect. That's why it's not good that he's baffling. And that's generally how you hunt scum. Or I guess you could continue trying to chain lynch people D1 and accusing people who point out things that are wrong with WM as defending Opop.

Max posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm confident that Opop is scum. I currently like Klee for scum, too. I have other ~theories~

Hey Morn, I asked you a question earlier, care to answer?

• Locked thread