Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I bought this game because it's half off on Nuuvem.

Did you use a VPN? When I try to buy it off Nuuvem it tells me "this product is not available for purchase in your region".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My mark target ability just straight up stopped working because it thinks it's already active.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Yolomancer posted:

Did you use a VPN? When I try to buy it off Nuuvem it tells me "this product is not available for purchase in your region".

I used the hola unblocker chrome extension.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Larry Parrish posted:

You also start out stronger than some punk kid with almost zero training.

that's because in baldur's gate you're this scrawny poo poo who lives in pussy rear end candlekeep where everyone patronizes you all "oh yeah my hero, into battle once more with these powerful rats!"

in pillars of eternity, your backstory is you are literally the d&d version of walter white. at least, mine was

Dec 26, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

that's because in baldur's gate you're this scrawny poo poo who lives in pussy rear end candlekeep where everyone patronizes you all "oh yeah my hero, into battle once more with these powerful rats!"

or its because low level non-4e d&d is retarded

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Time to reroll and crank the difficulty and turn off trial of iron, since easy is so goddamn mind numbingly easy.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I never played any IE games and all the warnings and recommendations that direct you to easy are loving dumb.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
Eder dude the hanging tree is not a chill place to relax and get high

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I think maybe I should have played on normal or hard, instead of doing easy trial by iron.

whoa at first i thought you were hardcore as hell but now i see you are nothing but a gay lil baby

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I thought you were...well I never thought anythign about you since I don;t know who you are.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I never played any IE games and all the warnings and recommendations that direct you to easy are loving dumb.

Yeah Easy is more for people who can't play video games at all.

Bedlamdan posted:

Eder dude the hanging tree is not a chill place to relax and get high

Eder is pretty chill, but he doesn't have much to say unlike Durance.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I used the hola unblocker chrome extension.

Thanks man.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
game owns hard

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eder is the only character who's not a homo. I kinda wish paladins were like priests and picked a specific god, because it'd be cool if you could upgrade him into a proper paladin instead of just a fighter who talks about his gay god all the time.

Actually maybe that happens with his personal quest. Who knows! I haven't even gone beyond the gay keep or whatever yet.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

started playing the game it's not recognizing my keyboard and having to click on the menu all the time is annoying...

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

Eder is the only character who's not a homo. I kinda wish paladins were like priests and picked a specific god, because it'd be cool if you could upgrade him into a proper paladin instead of just a fighter who talks about his gay god all the time.

Actually maybe that happens with his personal quest. Who knows! I haven't even gone beyond the gay keep or whatever yet.

Kana is pretty cool. He just wants to find a cool book and go on adventures. And Durance is fun to bring around because he makes your other party members mad all the time because he's a giant dickhead.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SunAndSpring posted:

Kana is pretty cool. He just wants to find a cool book and go on adventures. And Durance is fun to bring around because he makes your other party members mad all the time because he's a giant dickhead.

Yeah. He keeps making fun of Eder's god all the time.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

Durance is cool.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Anyway, I restarted as a Moon Godlike Chanter and cranked it up to hard. Chanter is so freaking cool. Much better than ranger and their lovely pets.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Anyway, I restarted as a Moon Godlike Chanter and cranked it up to hard. Chanter is so freaking cool. Much better than ranger and their lovely pets.

They really are one of the best classes, along with Monks and Rogues.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Chanter looks like you could make some unique builds, like necromancers and poo poo. Badass.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

chanter is epic

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

cipher won my heart forever though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The White Dragon posted:

in pillars of eternity, your backstory is you are literally the d&d version of walter white. at least, mine was

lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm having a lot of fun with my paladin. They're pretty vanilla compared to ciphers and chanters, but that's OK. They're still really strong.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

There's an achievement for being a backer and people are mad at it. Lmfao.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm having a lot of fun with my paladin. They're pretty vanilla compared to ciphers and chanters, but that's OK. They're still really strong.

Think I'm going to make a paladin next. I want to make a dude who is super about his faith, so thats pally or priests but I heard priests were kind of bad. Like their heals are worse than their offensive spells, but if you're going to focus on offensive spells the other classes do it better.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

can you make all your own dudes and make them look funny

Dec 26, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Im mad that people backed this piece of poo poo.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Parallax Scroll posted:

can you make all your own dudes and make them look funny

yes

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Think I'm going to make a paladin next. I want to make a dude who is super about his faith, so thats pally or priests but I heard priests were kind of bad. Like their heals are worse than their offensive spells, but if you're going to focus on offensive spells the other classes do it better.

Priest buffs and debuffs are good, but priest heals are made invalid by potions.

Dec 26, 2012

do potions actually scale well or something

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I restarted on Hard as a Fire Godlike Monk named Goku, beelined the first four companions, then went and did the temple in the first town. Holy poo poo, some tough fights in there. I'm not sure if you're meant to do it straight away or not but I managed to finish it after a bunch of reloads. Those shades are some tough buggers.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Pewdiepie posted:

Im mad that people backed this piece of poo poo.

you're bad...

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wizards crump hard

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

The goal is to never die.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
all the little interface ease of use things are insanely cool

i played while drunk last night and can't remember what i was doing or where to go

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The goal is to never die.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
my character is a huge homo but i didnt play the game at all yet so i could make a new one that doesnt suck... which race is the best? elves obviously not included, because theyre the worst

• Locked thread