Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Cole posted:

"hey look at all this cool army poo poo i have"

and then they join the army

congrats you ruined their lives.

Pretty sure my grand kids won't be as dumb as you.

Or me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

ded posted:

Soon as my terminal leave was up I threw all my loving uniforms away cept my dress blues. Then I lost those with all the moving I had to do later on. Oh well!

I gave all my poo poo to the local base thrift store so some poor dick e3 can soak in my ball sweat.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Threw all my uniforms out on ets day.

gently caress that poo poo. ASUs as well.

Kept the boots though, they gotta be useful if I gotta get ankle deep in nasty some day.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I don't plan to ever have kids.

My BDU'S/ACU's/Class A uniform will ultimately end up on a homeless person.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
I left my Class As hanging up in the closet in my office when I retired. Kept some ACUs for when I'm doing dirty work and don't want to gently caress up real clothes. Still got a bunch of paperwork that I should go through and toss most of eventually. If I actually cared I might shadow box my flag, but :effort:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Sold all my ACUs, elbow/knee pads, high speed glasses, first aid kits etc. etc. to a military surplus store. Didn't make as much back as I spent on it from clothing allowance but whatever, more money to me from Uncle Sam and somewhere a tactilol air softer is super happy about it or something.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

holocaust bloopers posted:

Pretty sure my grand kids won't be as dumb as you.

Or me.

You're pretty optimistic for a variety of reasons.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
ACUs are such a worthless camo pattern though. I kept some BDUs because I might wanna shoot a deer in the future, but ACUs went for dirt cheap and I didn't give a poo poo.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Slim Pickens posted:

ACUs are such a worthless camo pattern though.
It really is the worst.

I hate that the Air Force decided to copy the colors for our lovely camo.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Dead Reckoning posted:

I hate the Air Force

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Dead Reckoning posted:

It really is the worst.

I hate that the Air Force decided to copy the colors for our lovely camo.

No it's special and unique because they added BLUE.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Air force was tiger stripey at least for a while.

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008
Do surplus stores take 5.56 magazines? Or wherever I can get rid of these.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

JSARSOM posted:

Just wait for a dem to get elected president and THEN sell them.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Tell me about Corvallis Oregon anyone please tia

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

JSARSOM posted:

Check your state law first.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

ded posted:

I don't think anyone wants to ever see dungarees.

Dungarees were really comfortable though... And they made my rear end look fantastic.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Air force was tiger stripey at least for a while.

The worst kind of tiger stripey

Like Tiger Stripe (the company) wrote an open letter to the USAF basically saying "we tried to get you guys a decent camo pattern, here's some non-poo poo ones we offered, but your dumb-rear end leadership picked this abortion. We're sorry."

fake edit: Here it is. Here's a newer one.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Check your state law first.

holy poo poo this

apparently new york doesn't mind bending people over the barrel then kicking them off into niagara for simple poo poo like that, but down here in the south we don't give no fucks anyhows so sell that poo poo in a mcdonalds parking lot after the next round of obamarama. we're about due for one more, they seem to be every 3 years or so.

goddamn best thing to ever happen to the firearms industry is obama.

seriously, wait until the next whatever and sell them for $30-60 apiece instead of $3-6.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 28, 2015

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

holy poo poo this

apparently new york doesn't mind bending people over the barrel then kicking them off into niagara for simple poo poo like that, but down here in the south we don't give no fucks anyhows so sell that poo poo in a mcdonalds parking lot after the next round of obamarama. we're about due for one more, they seem to be every 3 years or so.

goddamn best thing to ever happen to the firearms industry is obama.

seriously, wait until the next whatever and sell them for $30-60 apiece instead of $3-6.

yea after newtown, pmags were going for like 100 bucks a pop, you can get em now for around 8

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

yea after newtown, pmags were going for like 100 bucks a pop, you can get em now for around 8

war profiteering :911:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Sold my AR-15 right after Sandy Hook for a tiny profit. I kept asking, what I thought were insane prices, for it yet I sold it within two hours.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I honestly thought about buying an AR during the recent price slump, just an S&W M&P15 , bottom barrel price hovering around $550. Then wait 6-12 months for the batshit to fire up again and list it for $2k.

Then I remember I don't really get gun culture and I go about my day.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I had a S&W one. Sold it for 2k. That owned.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

Sold my AR-15 right after Sandy Hook for a tiny profit. I kept asking, what I thought were insane prices, for it yet I sold it within two hours.

Put a rifle together from parts for 900, after Sandy hook sold it for 1400.

Kind of wish I had sold my other one, could have got 2k for it.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i have an lmt i probably couldve gotten 3 grand for it

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i have an lmt i probably couldve gotten 3 grand for it

Same. I was really debating listing it on gunbroker, but laziness won out.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Any ar15 manufacturers you should really steer away from? I still want one five years after getting out, but don't want one that's gonna rattle apart after 500 rounds. I could ask tfr but gun spergs are the worst

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Smith & Wesson is a safe bet. Some boutique brands might be better. In the end they all shoot 5.56.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Slim Pickens posted:

Any ar15 manufacturers you should really steer away from? I still want one five years after getting out, but don't want one that's gonna rattle apart after 500 rounds. I could ask tfr but gun spergs are the worst

Just poke your head into the AR-15 thread or the questions thread, you'll get a decent answer from people who know what they're talking about.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
If you're ever in Brooklyn and jonesing for some sweet fuckin' beef brisket, Hometown BBQ is fantastic. Holy poo poo that was good.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Slim Pickens posted:

bushmaster, dpms, dsa uhh theres a bunch of poo poo tier ars out on the market

palmetto state armory is pretty much the standard for quality cheap ars

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Spicy Guacamole posted:

If you're ever in Brooklyn and jonesing for some sweet fuckin' beef brisket, Hometown BBQ is fantastic. Holy poo poo that was good.

Thinking about popping over to NYC this summer for a couple of days for food shenanigans. I will keep this in mind.

(I loving love brisket)

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
You will have to wait on line for a bit, but as soon as you step in and that smell hits you... you know it'll be worth it.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

If I'm ever in New York, just shoot me.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

If I'm ever in New York, just shoot me.

same

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If you just want a cheap AR, buy the smith and wesson. Usually start about $550-600. While you can build a cheap AR for a little less, it's nice to have a warranty and not some hobbled together collection of mismatched brand parts.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

If you just want a cheap AR, buy the smith and wesson. Usually start about $550-600. While you can build a cheap AR for a little less, it's nice to have a warranty and not some hobbled together collection of mismatched brand parts.

Ya because your hobbled together mismatch could look like this

If you want to play with adult Legos build it yourself, if you don't care just buy one that is close to what you like.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Are commercial AR15s considerably better than your average beaten up army M4s and 16s? I'm assuming yes, because there's no way I'd pay big beans for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That's one of the ugliest handguards I've ever seen.

• Locked thread