Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

busb posted:

I'm phone posting but that is super dumb akycoq. Can't post much, of I'm lynched tirade is probably town.

Tirade third mason member?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

black_tangled posted:

I thought got that's what kicked it off

Other way round. The Lightning rod claim came very quickly, followed by (unrelated) questions about the note.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
In order it was 'don't worry about it, could've been lightning rod', 'bif did you get The Message No my message no specifically I sent you a message gently caress where is the message', to 'someone else, maybe the lightning rod, got the msg' to 'nope no lightning rod no siree' and then soag flipped me off with the spreadsheet comment and I claimed my rod. It was better than watching everyone flail miserably and incorrectly over bus drivers and poo poo anyway.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

SKY COQ posted:

Other way round. The Lightning rod claim came very quickly, followed by (unrelated) questions about the note.

Ok I see it now

However- if we were to give the benefit of the doubt, the lack of action on the note could have spurred the theory of the lightning rod even though we don't have posts about it.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
busb, black_tangled and ken scum

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
:rolleyes: busb isn't a mason

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
All the townies who know I ain't making GBS threads you about my rod: thanks for the presents and if I die lynch b_t for not believing in me.

It's like religion but with more explicit matyrdom and sin eating so you don't have to.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Kat Delacour posted:

All the townies who know I ain't making GBS threads you about my rod: thanks for the presents and if I die lynch b_t for not believing in me.

It's like religion but with more explicit matyrdom and sin eating so you don't have to.

I believe you are town, I believed your claim. I'm just not buying the logic right now.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
my rod

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yeah, at first he was prodding me about Mith:

busb posted:

but I don't see why you'd be so equivocating on mithranderp if you were town and you know why.

he thought I should have a much clearer stance if I got the note! Then he took the direct approach.

busb posted:

Bif did you receive a message last night?

busb posted:

I had a one shot ability that gave you information and you are not using it. Either you received it and are ignoring it and you are scum, or there is a lightning rod who has the information and should disclose it. My ability was successful so somebody has it.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Rodimus Prime

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm starting to waver a bit on my vote atm, especially as i only voted for busb because i didn't want to vote for coq - because i believed that ken was scum and coq was therefore town. but it's seeming more and more like i'm basing my end vote on a whole series of assumptions that is way too rickety to justify it, given that busb has been pretty helpful and truthful so far.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Fruity Gordo posted:

busb, black_tangled and ken scum

This makes a lot of sense.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
If we can all promise to be excellent to one another we can unvote and save both from lovely logic! Gaspy never said one had to die he juat said only their votes counted

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah, at first he was prodding me about Mith:

he thought I should have a much clearer stance if I got the note! Then he took the direct approach.

Kat's claim about the note both being sent to her and about her is what sold it for me. I thought that busb might have been a scum mailman (that can apparently just write messages to others) and was playing it off as an investigation, but if that was the case Mithranderp's name wouldn't have been changed to Kat's in the message.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
and yeah, on second glance, coq using his special ability on busb of all people seems really random and out of left field. i'm going to change my vote, and if coq flips town i'll be probably looking at tbk next, and also i'm sorry i guess

##unvote

##vote sky coq

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I guess if we're walking the line that busb vehemently defended wmb knowing he was town I can get behind that premise... It makes sense with the traitor claim actually they may have thought it was him not uber? Oh god, but Coq wanted to protect wmb from lynxh explicitly too

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Avshalom posted:

and yeah, on second glance, coq using his special ability on busb of all people seems really random and out of left field. i'm going to change my vote, and if coq flips town i'll be probably looking at tbk next, and also i'm sorry i guess

##unvote

##vote sky coq

The whole point was to be left field and bust up any pre-planned scum narratives for today :(

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Oh and for the record:

black_tangled posted:

Tirade third mason member?

No I'm not in the masonry, but that seems a lovely / scummy thing to say. If you have hunches about who's in the masonry keep it to yourself.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Question: If no one voted in gladiator circumstances, would it still be considered a draw and therefore a double kill or a failed lynch because the lynch captured no audience?

Like, if a majority of us are convinced that both the candidates are town, is it possible to save them both at all? I know I said I slightly favoured COQ for trusting me, Prior posts were correct in saying that it's a rather weak justification. Perhaps even because I cannot dig up any meaningful justification for one candidate over the other.

I feel like unvoting for now but I've been at work and would feel bad for not making myself clear.

##unvote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kat Delacour posted:

I guess if we're walking the line that busb vehemently defended wmb knowing he was town I can get behind that premise... It makes sense with the traitor claim actually they may have thought it was him not uber? Oh god, but Coq wanted to protect wmb from lynxh explicitly too

eh, I doubt scum would want to stick their necks out too far for someone who only might be the traitor. They probably wouldn't even know for certain that they had one.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Birdstrike posted:

I watched WMB last night - if he was right about being town big he was a pretty tempting target.

Theoretically I should know his killer? I got a no report.

Hey Birdstrike, can you confirm the lightning rod thing from n1? You would have got a loving massive list of people visiting your target. Please don't list them, just say yes / no that it was a result that would match up with a lightning rod.

Just trying to close off angles :tinfoil:

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Tirade posted:

Hey Birdstrike, can you confirm the lightning rod thing from n1? You would have got a loving massive list of people visiting your target. Please don't list them, just say yes / no that it was a result that would match up with a lightning rod.

However this exact thing happened to
Me

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I may be asleep before the hammer drops. It looks like I'm dying. Bif, I would love to see your number one pick for remaining scum before I go.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
If Coq flips town we absolutely must kill the bird ken

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tirade posted:

Yeah I kind of messed up N1 so...

:negative:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

If the lynch fails again, can we assume something hosed like scum aligned unrestricted governor?

Mafia Wiki posted:

However, scum-side Governors only tend to appear in games where there are plenty of other ways to render someone dead aside from the lynch.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Yo skycoq if you're town and trying to avoid a scum narrative... And you think I'm scum... And you do this after I voted you anyway, locking the thread into MY narrative, there might be a bit of a logical flaw there.

I've just had about a thousand dumplings I am exhaling Chinese braised eggplant and scotch
it's p rad\gross at the same time

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

SKY COQ (9): busb, Bifauxnen, Seagull, Kat Delacour, thatbastardken, Gough Suppressant, Kat Delacour, Seagull, Bifauxnen, black_tangled, Gough Suppressant, Tirade, Mithranderp, Bifauxnen, Gough Suppressant, Kat Delacour, Avshalom
busb (4): Those On My Left, Avshalom, Zetsubou-san, Fruity Gordo, Those On My Left, Gough Suppressant, Anidav, Gough Suppressant, Those On My Left, SKY COQ, Avshalom, Anidav
Mithranderp (0): Tirade, Tirade
Anidav (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike

Not Voting (4): Anidav, Birdstrike, Gwynplaine, Seagull

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 29th, 2015 at midnight EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 36 minutes.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Seagull posted:

If Coq flips town we absolutely must kill the bird ken

Hm, I agree.

If I die, Prime dies by my hands.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
One thing that these auspolformers games has taught me is that there's some serious transformers lore that I was completely oblivious to. I remember watching the cartoon back in the late eighties but had assumed that nothing had happened between then and Michael Bay.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Wary of what has been called goldfish pol... is it reasonable to treat MM's d1 lynch like a statistician result? Like at least 1/6 is scum. I was wrong about WMB though.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Birdstrike posted:

Wary of what has been called goldfish pol... is it reasonable to treat MM's d1 lynch like a statistician result? Like at least 1/6 is scum. I was wrong about WMB though.

Even though this paints me in a negative light there are absolutely scum on the Milky lynch.

Result of tonight's flip will decide if I'm definitely sure on ken or not though. Pretty sure Mith is bad too.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SKY COQ posted:

I may be asleep before the hammer drops. It looks like I'm dying. Bif, I would love to see your number one pick for remaining scum before I go.

Most scummy: TOML and b_t
or TBK, if you flip as Megatrontown
kinda suss on Zets now
a bit less suss on Gough, but he should still be remembered I think
Seagull was on the very bottom of my old list, cause he had the weakest D1 evidence. Haven't seen reason to suspect him more, but he could be looked at again if nothing's panning out.
Mith is in that category too, actually.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Tirade posted:

One thing that these auspolformers games has taught me is that there's some serious transformers lore that I was completely oblivious to. I remember watching the cartoon back in the late eighties but had assumed that nothing had happened between then and Michael Bay.

Stick with the games and in time I will show you... everything.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I want to buy the latest game which is out on Xbot One.
*vibrates violently*

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I want some of the waffly background posters to die tonight. B-T, Gough, seagull, Zetsubo! Umm fuckin anidav but his dumb use of role is weird so maybe a pass there.

Ken probably scum given the choice to nk soag and the no lynch.

Tirade town, bif probably town, kat town or 3p

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
hey has gwyn shown up at all today

or yesterday

or first day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010