Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Testekill posted:

Soul Gambler is apparently cool at least.

No. No it is not.

The idea is, but the execution is awful in every conceivable way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Testekill posted:

Soul Gambler is apparently cool at least.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Raw desire is what my industry mines in Cities: Skylines.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

That seems like a remarkably poor deal.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Zereth posted:

That seems like a remarkably poor deal.

What if it were 1% of your soul to never be late/miss anything again?

edit: What if it were 1% of your soul to date a sexy bee woman?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I just wanna join the coir here and add that Pillers of Eternity is loving amazing.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Drifter posted:

Keep talking. :staredog:

EDIT: Do I like, need to kill somebody for this? I'm sure can find a suitable knife somewhere.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Hey guys

I have a spare copy of :siren: Cities: Skylines :siren: to give to a lucky Steam user and am running a comp in this thread to win it. The reason I bring this to your attention is that there have only been two entries thus far and I'm judging in approx 3.5 hours.

It is a low effort comp. The rules for entry are: You must make or do something amusing and/or outrageous. Post creations to the thread for the 'make' option, or if you choose the 'do' option, post photographic evidence.

If you want to enter, please play nice with the people in the thread and please try not to get banned.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Alien:Isolation is 75% off this weekend and you should get it because it owns. Amazing environment and sound design, crazy Alien AI that doesn't rely on patrol routes and great feeling of weight to items you use. It's also very well optimised and runs like butter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Iha-5qR28

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Yo, I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of translating and paying in Brasilbucks. If someone buys me a copy of Pillars from Nuuvem, I'll throw paypal their way, plus a few extra bucks

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Shadow225 posted:

Yo, I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of translating and paying in Brasilbucks. If someone buys me a copy of Pillars from Nuuvem, I'll throw paypal their way, plus a few extra bucks

Pretty new to using Nuuvem myself, but if someone can confirm if I would be able to purchase another copy without the need to set up a second account, then I could sort that out for you, if you like. Seeing as you don't have PMs, contact me on Steam (same username) (whoops I'm blind) and I'll see if I can sort you out with a copy.

EDIT: I'll most likely be on for another 1-2 hours, by the way - just in case you see this later on, after I've gone to bed.

EDIT EDIT: All concluded!

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Mar 28, 2015

Orv
May 4, 2011

Drifter posted:

It's not really a devil's bargain if it's a no-brainer.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
That Greek urn style Metroidvania game is half off. How is it?

Orv
May 4, 2011

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

That Greek urn style Metroidvania game is half off. How is it?

Good. I have a couple early impressions post in recent post history in this thread. Ended up really liking it, though not all the gods have the same level of cool and mythbased gimmick. My issues with combat clunkiness mostly ended up being inexperience, though there are bits of the game that encourage stealth which doesn't work very well. It's gorgeous, novel and fun, I'd happily pay $25 for Apotheon 2.

Unrelated, I would kill a man for a yogurt right now. Up to 15% of my soul.

Orv fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Mar 28, 2015

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
My Steam is using yens right now, help.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Azran posted:

Exploit the weak Yen?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Azran posted:

One step closer to becoming anime.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

For those who don't know, the new version of Dark Souls 2 comes out April 1st on Steam. It will be $49.99 if you haven't bought the base game yet, includes the base game and all the DLC plus improved graphics, enemy/item placement, map changes and AI plus 6 player multiplayer (instead of 4).

If you own the base game, this version will cost $29.99. If you also own the Season Pass, it will be $19.99.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Azran posted:

The client or website?
For the website, just add ?cc=us or whatever your country is at the end of the url

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Azran posted:

For those who don't know, the new version of Dark Souls 2 comes out April 1st on Steam. It will be $49.99 if you haven't bought the base game yet, includes the base game and all the DLC plus improved graphics, enemy/item placement, map changes and AI plus 6 player multiplayer (instead of 4).

If you own the base game, this version will cost $29.99. If you also own the Season Pass, it will be $19.99.

Have they said if the increase in players means more Sunbros or is it all allowing for more invasions?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Azran posted:

Dehumanize yourself and face to the TSE.

Shima Honnou posted:

Have they said if the increase in players means more Sunbros or is it all allowing for more invasions?

Still a two bro limit sadly.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

I missed the boat on getting GTA5 PC for cheap. Are there any other reputable sites out there offering deals on it, or am I just gonna have to bite the bullet and pay the full $60?

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

I missed the boat on getting GTA5 PC for cheap. Are there any other reputable sites out there offering deals on it, or am I just gonna have to bite the bullet and pay the full $60?

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask.

Check out isthereanydeal.com, subscribe, and they'll let you know.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat, Skyrim looks pretty sweet with supersampling.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Azran posted:

I remember this happened to me once without knowing why (must have followed a link or something). I ended up freaking out because a bunch of games were suddenly Not Available in my Country before I noticed I had somehow switched regions.
Oddly enough Dragon Age of all things really isn't available for me.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So the Alien Isolation Season pass, does it include all DLC or is it another stupid one that only includes some of them?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Shima Honnou posted:

The official Namco Bandai stream mentioned being able to summon three players IIRC?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Kin posted:

So the Alien Isolation Season pass, does it include all DLC or is it another stupid one that only includes some of them?
The people here said It includes the various challenge maps but leaves out the two movie-based missions.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

SelenicMartian posted:

The people here said It includes the various challenge maps but leaves out the two movie-based missions.

Urgh, loving stupid. Guess I'll just get the missions then.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
God help me I bought a Warhams game.
Do you need to install DOW2 vanilla, or is it a Civ 4 kinda thing where Chaos Rising includes both?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

SelenicMartian posted:

This is accurate.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Kin posted:

Yeah don't buy that, it's a bunch of timed challenges and assorted worthless bullshit.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

sauer kraut posted:

Do you need to install DOW2 vanilla, or is it a Civ 4 kinda thing where Chaos Rising includes both?

It's a little confusing. if you install vanilla you also get chaos rising built in if you own it on steam.

If you install chaos rising you only get its campaign.

It's an artifact of Chaos originally being a standalone expansion that also could optionally link to the original fame.

Retribution is completely standalone.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

http://store.steampowered.com/app/344630/
:shepicide:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

quote:

"Salutations. Would you like to attend a school for girls?"
This romance visual novel explores the question of gender integration at a private school.
A curious series of events leads to our hero becoming the only boy at a prestigious girls' academy...
But over 99% of the girls are against integration!
The girls are so sheltered, that they actually run away screaming at the sight of him!
Our hero needs to befriend them if he wants to stay, but the situation's looking grim...
The sole girl in favor of reform looks to our hero with hope in her eyes.
Thus, he must fight -- to convince the few neutral parties at the school, his childhood friend... and even those who show him open disgust!

The game spans a full year, divided into 26 "anime-like" chapters.
Colorful movies and SD illustrations bring the classic girls' school events to life!
Athletics festivals, elegant balls, swimsuits, love rivalries... and romance that would make a true lady blush!

Why do they bother calling it a school it's obviously a harem

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It's gotta be as creepy as possible to appeal to the Steam userbase

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

sauer kraut posted:

It's pretty worth it to play vanilla anyway, it's really fun and Chaos Rising changes things up enough that it won't feel too samey. It's not like the first game where the base game was pretty much obsoleted by Dark Crusade.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It's a harem school where you learn how to run a harem. Ever wonder why you don't see many harems? It's because all their owners never learned the necessary business skills.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yo, the new Sherlock Holmes game is the daily deal for $20. It's a really good game and actually manages to feel like a real detective game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx
Jan 21, 2013

Accordion Man posted:

Yo, the new Sherlock Holmes game is the daily deal for $20. It's a really good game and actually manages to feel like a real detective game.

Seconding this, play it. Some cases are better than others but I really loved the deduction system, it's something that should be in every detective game from now on. I can't wait for their next game.

• Locked thread