Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Game owns and despite never really playing RTwP RPGs before (except Torment), I'm loving this way more than Wasteland 2 already. InXile better step up their game for Torment 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

Well there goes half my party, hope they can fix this without requiring a restart.

it probably clears out the buffs but not the buff sources, since equipping changes stats, i imagine the sources (things you pick on levelups etc) are still stored somewhere... they might need to create something that pulls all that info again.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

it probably clears out the buffs but not the buff sources, since equipping changes stats, i imagine the sources (things you pick on levelups etc) are still stored somewhere... they might need to create something that pulls all that info again.

One hopes.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid
You know, with the double click bug and the setting multiple traps thing, it makes me wonder what exactly the beta testers were doing. Focusing on balancing issues? Those really shouldn't have been difficult to find.

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~
This game is incredible. So happy I backed it. I do have a couple quick questions though:

1) Do weapons matter at all for class? It seems like proficiencies are the only consideration, it just seems odd to be carrying around two swords on a rogue, I constantly feel like I should be switching to daggers.

2) Is there a Jan Jansen type NPC I can get in my party?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

I'm holding on to a level up now, I'll test it and report back.

edit: Leveling up does not fix it.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Riven posted:

The Od Nua thing is one room, dude. Not like a level of the dungeon.

Missing out on this because you picked the vague option is somewhat bullshit tbh.

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
I think I've finally settled on a tank paladin for my PC for conversation stats and options, with a rogue adventurer for the awesome damage and mechanics skill. Of course this means I'll need more playthroughs to use all the companions.

I just discovered the bestiary. The way it fills up with info as you murder more monsters is the best.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i took cell phone pics of everything in the dope collector's box but imgur won't let me upload them so sorry

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Offkorn posted:

You know, with the double click bug and the setting multiple traps thing, it makes me wonder what exactly the beta testers were doing. Focusing on balancing issues? Those really shouldn't have been difficult to find.

That's not really fair, it's a massive game and they no doubt squished a shitload of bugs before shipping the game.

But yeah, the double-click bug is an unfortunate one for sure.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Samuel Clemens posted:

Gardener Dude is my favourite NPC in this game. I kind of wish he was a companion, just think of the conversations you could have with him.

reminds me of that vegetable merchant/farmer npc mod for bg2.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Aw man, if I'd rushed for eder he wouldn't have come with ruffian focus? drat. Oh well.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Average Bear posted:

I'm holding on to a level up now, I'll test it and report back.

edit: Leveling up does not fix it.

do any new buffs show up? also, are the stats consistent with the non-showing buffs?

that should at least give you an idea of whats causing the bug and how hard it is to fix. if it's just having issues calling variables because someone flubbed up there, its probably easier. if it outright destroys the buff list and thats somehow the only place that information is contained, yeah, the latter would be a loving massive headache.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Double click bug is the perfect subtle yet deadly bug, no wonder it got past testing. Who would have thought putting something on with a double click would remove racial passives

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Kanfy posted:

That's not really fair, it's a massive game and they no doubt squished a shitload of bugs before shipping the game.

But yeah, the double-click bug is an unfortunate one for sure.

This is true. But seriously, no one in the Beta ever tried to set more than one trap?

Were there just not any traps in the Beta?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

do any new buffs show up? also, are the stats consistent with the non-showing buffs?

that should at least give you an idea of whats causing the bug and how hard it is to fix. if it's just having issues calling variables because someone flubbed up there, its probably easier. if it outright destroys the buff list and thats somehow the only place that information is contained, yeah, the latter would be a loving massive headache.

You keep the accuracy talent effects at least, no idea if you keep the damage ones or the effects of gunner etc.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I guess it wouldn't be an Obsidian game without a couple of massive bugs on launch day.

:smith:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Offkorn posted:

This is true. But seriously, no one in the Beta ever tried to set more than one trap?

Were there just not any traps in the Beta?

I will tell you the truth, I never used traps in the beta at all.

Anyway, as for the obligatory murder quest in Defiance Bay what is the result of letting the guy behind it go?

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Ravenfood posted:

Aw man, if I'd rushed for eder he wouldn't have come with ruffian focus? drat. Oh well.

Companions should be lvl 1 when you meet them but with proper amount of exp, so you can level them as you like.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

dongsweep posted:

This game is incredible. So happy I backed it. I do have a couple quick questions though:

1) Do weapons matter at all for class? It seems like proficiencies are the only consideration, it just seems odd to be carrying around two swords on a rogue, I constantly feel like I should be switching to daggers.

2) Is there a Jan Jansen type NPC I can get in my party?

1. weapons dont matter for classes. shooting dudes in the face with a gun is super effective with basically every class.

2. not really? the druid companion is the closest i guess but he doesnt really go out of his way to rag on your companions problems like jan does.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
I can't choose! Help!

Recommend me a class that's among the most fun to play and not underpowered in any way please. :shobon:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Wait not being able to set more than one trap is a bug? I thought it was intended and just communicated poorly.

I just fired up the beta and the doubleclick bug appears to be in there, I'm not sure how no one noticed it.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just found the Persistence bow, and considering how much stronger it is than any other weapon I have I'm starting to think I should probably come back to the Endless Paths a bit later. Really wish I knew where the thing Kana needs is in this place.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PirateBob posted:

I can't choose! Help!

Recommend me a class that's among the most fun to play and not underpowered in any way please. :shobon:

Paladin owns so far at least

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

PirateBob posted:

I can't choose! Help!

Druid or Monk

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I've tried the double click thing on all my characters and nothing bad happens to them when I do. My main char still has her passives, Kana still has his extra weapon set, and none of my other party members seem to lose anything either. Whatever causes the bug I guess it's not 100% reproducible. Then again I didn't have any problems with Raedric's keep either, but plenty of people did. Bugs are weird.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Average Bear posted:

Double click bug is the perfect subtle yet deadly bug, no wonder it got past testing. Who would have thought putting something on with a double click would remove racial passives
Its just double-clicking to equip, not to switch weapon sets that causes the bug, right?

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Wishlist Item:

- A hotkey for weaponset switching.

StashAugustine posted:

Wait not being able to set more than one trap is a bug? I thought it was intended and just communicated poorly.

Not being able to set more than one trap is fine (if bullshit). The problem is that if you set more than one trap the earlier trap you set disappears without a trace.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hahaha holy poo poo, I did this for pretty much all my party members :suicide:

Obsidian pls

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Just started playing and it's pretty fun so far. Two questions: 1) is there any way to cap FPS other than Vsync? 2) is there any way to increase mouse/arrow key scroll speed (i.e. speed at which you move the view around)?

beats
Oct 21, 2010

AG3 posted:

I've tried the double click thing on all my characters and nothing bad happens to them when I do. My main char still has her passives, Kana still has his extra weapon set, and none of my other party members seem to lose anything either. Whatever causes the bug I guess it's not 100% reproducible. Then again I didn't have any problems with Raedric's keep either, but plenty of people did. Bugs are weird.

From what I can tell it happens if you double click to swap armour sets. If the character's not wearing any and you double click to equip it's fine - but if you double click on a set in your inventory when they've got some equipped the bug happens.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

So how long will I have to wait to throw money on some nice Paradoxian-style DLC? :colbert:

Protip: Bring on the portrait/music/cosmetic/additional characters dlc, Obsidian gonna make loadsamoney.

Oh, and quests n' expansiony stuff too. You can have your very own Crusader Kings II golden goose, think about it.

:shepspends:

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

TheQat posted:

Just started playing and it's pretty fun so far. Two questions: 1) is there any way to cap FPS other than Vsync? 2) is there any way to increase mouse/arrow key scroll speed (i.e. speed at which you move the view around)?

Probably not without some extrenal stuff and yeah, there's a slider in the options.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

It's kind of weird how you can run around with a literal warehouse full of weapons and armor and whatnot, but can only carry a handful of camping supplies.

Grimes
Nov 12, 2005

Does Action Speed make you attack and cast faster?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Offkorn posted:

It's kind of weird how you can run around with a literal warehouse full of weapons and armor and whatnot, but can only carry a handful of camping supplies.

then turn it off

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
Was it ever figured out whether or not skill points carry over between levels?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
What are some good ways to boost my Resolve? I keep finding myself 1-2 points short for certain dialogue options.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
haha gently caress Im honestly confused if I should wait for a patch to ungimp half my guys because of bug or start new even thought Im like 13 hours in. ahhhh drat you bug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Davos posted:

Was it ever figured out whether or not skill points carry over between levels?

They do.

• Locked thread