Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

IM POSTING IN THE WRONG THREAD OH NO HOLD ON THREAD NOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Have to declare a mistrial at this point

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

VivaNova posted:

You want to make sure people are playing logically, explaining themselves, ect. That's why it's not good that he's baffling. And that's generally how you hunt scum.

Even scum can fake being logical, and I don't think everyone even plays particularly logically on this forum. I don't even think WM is avoiding scumhunting here.

VivaNova posted:

Or I guess you could continue trying to chain lynch people D1 and accusing people who point out things that are wrong with WM as defending Opop.

Where in the world are you getting any of this from?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm busy making my mixtape for Byers's game, my push on WM looks to have stalled so ##vote Opop, see ya tomorrow

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

VivaNova posted:

So you don't actually need any clarification on this point, you're just trying to set dumb traps for people trying to actually play the game. Cool.

Um no. I'm playing the game too. I was asking Max for some more elaboration on why he was agreeing with you, and I thought that your reaction to my asking that question was interesting. I want to hear it in Max's words is all.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hey guys so Opop is probably scum. Lets hang him and see where we are after that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

VivaNova posted:

Max is busy drinking an inferior beverage to beer. I can try to answer you since he's agreeing with something I posted but I feel I explained it pretty well.

I'm doing the same thing, but this. I was tired and agreed with what he said.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
TheRam didn't show up :(

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Told you.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Was it an accident, or is it part of his agenda?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

I don't think TheRam is coming.

He is. He just posted a super effort post in our other game. I'm sure he'll be here shortly.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Is deadline approaching in the other game?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

VivaNova posted:

Yes, I said Opop or WM in a post a few hours ago.

Cool. I didn't see a firm commitment of that when I read your post. To be clear, this is where you left off:

VivaNova posted:

So.
Opop is leading us nowhere. WM is leading us in circles.
Opop leaves me disappointed and WM leaves me baffled.

Which doesn't read to me as "These are my targets for today", but that could be my bad I guess.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

45 minutes to deadline :eyepop:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

Is deadline approaching in the other game?

No. He made a super poor choice picking that one first.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm confident that Opop is scum. I currently like Klee for scum, too. I have other ~theories~

Hey Morn, I asked you a question earlier, care to answer?

This is hilarious. :)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote opop

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
... lol

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

King Burgundy posted:

Which doesn't read to me as "These are my targets for today", but that could be my bad I guess.

I figured it was implied by my casing them and the fact they were the only two candidates for a while, but I couldv'e been clearer I guess.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

:redhammer:

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

VivaNova posted:

I figured it was implied by my casing them and the fact they were the only two candidates for a while, but I couldv'e been clearer I guess.

Sorry, didn't notice it was over.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Opopanax (8): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, TheRam, CapitalistPig, Murmur Twin, DuckHuntDog, CapitalistPig, Poison Mushroom, Hal Incandenza, Rarity, CapitalistPig
wall monitor (3): fiery_valkyrie, Rarity, Max, Opopanax, Rarity
fiery_valkyrie (1): EXAKT Science, wall monitor, EXAKT Science, wall monitor, wall monitor
EXAKT Science (0): Rarity, Rarity
TheRam (0): Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE (0): Opopanax, Opopanax
Hal Incandenza (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
CapitalistPig (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
Rarity (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
King Burgundy (0): DuckHuntDog, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, DuckHuntDog
Max (0): Rarity, Rarity
Poison Mushroom (0): Poison Mushroom, Max, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Poison Mushroom, Max

Not Voting (3): EXAKT Science, King Burgundy, VivaNova

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 27th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 27 minutes.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Opopanax Vanilla Scum-Aligned has been lynched Day 1.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
~twilight~

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
So we can post?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah. So I'm glad that happened, all is good in the world. I'll take a peek around real quick and see what that changes for me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EXAKT Science posted:

So we can post?

bowmore posted:

~twilight~

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm super excited that we were right on that.

Hey, TheRam, come post now.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

VivaNova posted:

Do we live in a world where such magnificence is possible?

Apparently!!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
The way TheRam was just completely absent doesn't sit right with me.

Also I want to look more closely at DHD and Viva.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
GAME TALK~!

Everybody need to write a will and send it to me tonight. It must be minimum 125 characters long, no maximum. It's up to you what you want to write but I recommend writing feelings about the game and the people in it plus maybe a funny joke, who knows it might be your last chance to get your feelings out.

Please don't disappear if you get killed, you may be still needed for a short amount of time.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

There isn't a poster ? list in the OP so rereading is more of a chore right now than I had hoped. From memory I like KB more, Viva less, Rarity less, Ram more. I'll do a real reread overnight and put it in my ~dream diary~ :kimchi:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

There isn't a poster ? list
I'll fix that

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If there are any questions send me a PM, it's now NIGHT 1.

You have 24 hours to send me your Last Will & Testament.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
As Opopanax hanged he whispered the words ""I've got you all just where I want you now""

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Dearly beloved, we have gathered you all here today to share with you some terrible news: Diqnol, the strongest, most attractive and cool person in the mafia community has been slain by a band of vile trolls. The significance of his loss cannot be overstated. When you needed a shoulder to cry on, Diqnol was there. When times were tough, giving Diqnol a sensual pm would also yield you great boons. If you just wanted to cheer up, Diqnol would rap for you and make jokes because he was also a multi-talented that was the best at all of them. Yes, Diqnol was the best of us, and he was also the best in us in any way you could interpret that, because he was also so very charming. Genius does not do him justice...super genius. Yes. That was Diqnol. He was a super genius.

He left some words for you all, seeing this disgusting troupe of monsters coming from a mile away. He was a genius. Albert Einstein. Nikola Tesla. Edison. Diqnol:

I like Max for town. Max super committed to trying to hang someone for a dumb joke and was talking about hanging Opop all day in a way that makes me feel like he was earnestly down for both. He said it before Opop was a forgone conclusion, and he seemed genuinely surprised at everyone else's stance on the joke post. He's also said some things I agree with so I feel he is looking at the game from a similar perspective to my own. He's certainly not ~*CONFIRMED TOWN*~ though!

I like MT for town as of now as well. MT has been on the same page as me about a number of things.

Ram was talking about Opop as a forgone conclusion with me before anyone else. I outlined earlier in the thread how he could be scum, but he's right in that I shouldn't be taking that line of logic seriously at this stage of the game. I just wanted to see what he'd do ^_- He's not someone to think about hanging tomorrow~

Viva was pretty strongly opposed to making any vote, I suppose, but she was definitely most opposed to the Opop train. I considered that it might just be a skeptical townie, but nah, this:
quote:

quote:

Diqnol, your case assumes Opop is too dumb to read the thread/relies on meta about your relationship. I need a better reason to vote him atm.

says to me she was intentionally misframing the situation to avoid adding momentum to the hang on her scumbro. When you also consider she didn't lodge a vote for the entire day and that she spent most of the day arguing with people about their cases rather than looking for scum on her own, it stinks. There's also the contradiction that KB noted - that's a good point and is the main reason I think Viva should be our vote for d2. Also don't like that she picked Hal as someone who backed their thoughts up regarding Opop. Smells very, very odd!

I explained earlier why I like Rarity for scum, but a quick summary is that she goes after Wall Monitor for something that seems opportunistic to me rather than a genuine attempt at scum hunting. I now also believe this "case" was designed to distract us from the Opop case I presented. Don't love her ending vote, either.

There are other players in this game, of course, but nothing else really stands out to me! KB I like for town, Hal is neutral/scummy, WM is prolly town, ES and CP are both horrible to read and I have no idea whats up with them and hopefully they implode or something

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE Vanilla Town Aligned was killed Night 1!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (13): CapitalistPig, DuckHuntDog, EXAKT Science, fiery_valkyrie, Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, Max, Murmur Twin, Poison Mushroom, Rarity, TheRam, VivaNova, wall monitor

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 30th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It is now Day 2.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I hate to contradict a town player that flipped town calling me strongly town, but I was not super behind the opop lynch the way diqnol thinks I was day 1. Not sure where he got that.

Own z0ne, my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

RIP diqnol! Even though you read me wrong, you will be missed~

• Locked thread