Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
ATTENTION Willie Dee and all concerned parties: KSW 32 in Wembley now has a main event, Pudzianowski vs Rolles Gracie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Fentry posted:

Bitch noises, ladies and gentlemen

https://vine.co/v/O39hzvDzgzV

Alternate view
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIaFtAKnqBU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Triticum Guzzler posted:

ATTENTION Willie Dee and all concerned parties: KSW 32 in Wembley now has a main event, Pudzianowski vs Rolles Gracie

Last time we crashed an event Pudge didn't show up and the whole thing was cancelled. I think now JT is firmly Bellator Pudge is long forgotten and he doesn't need KSW to book a 3rd

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
Hahaha Matt Hamill is out of the Silva fight tonight in WSOF, just withdrew. Good. gently caress WSOF.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Did he say why? That's cool either way

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Anything that makes Ali Abdelaziz's job that much harder is something I fully support.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

he's sick.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
"Honey Bear" Huen looks like he was grown in a vat from Brian Stann clippings

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Nice. :getin:

gently caress Thiago Silva.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Holder just dropped Thiago faster than the UFC did

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

maybe they should call him Dropper!!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Hell yeah, Teddy.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This fight is ridiculous. I tuned in about 2 minutes into the 1st.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
HOLY poo poo THIS FIGHT

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Rolling thunder at the buzzer a good way to throw away a round by convincing the judges that you had been knocked down.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

CommonShore posted:

Rolling thunder at the buzzer a good way to throw away a round by convincing the judges that you had been knocked down.

Neither of these guys are fighting like they expect to give the judges any work

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

fatherdog posted:

Neither of these guys are fighting like they expect to give the judges any work

that.... is a good way to look at this.

:frogsiren::getin::frogsiren::getin::frogsiren:

you should be watching this fight.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That was a cool fight, is the understatement of the year.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Which fight

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Gaethje vs Palomino

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Give Gaethje all the money

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Justin Gaethje vs Luis Palomino for the WSOF 155 title. It was loving insane. It was like Diaz-Daley, but at a lightweight pace, and for multiple rounds, and with more crazy spinning poo poo.

e. How does Justin Gaethje not have a wikipedia page?

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Justin Gaethje vs Luis Palomino for the WSOF 155 title. It was loving insane. It was like Diaz-Daley, but at a lightweight pace, and for multiple rounds, and with more crazy spinning poo poo.

e. How does Justin Gaethje not have a wikipedia page?

Gaethje doesn't have a wiki because he doesn't meet their outdated "notability" standards. People keep trying to make one and it keeps getting deleted.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
That fight was incredible, Gaethje is really something special. The commentary didn't seem to pick up on the ebb and flow of the action or the pivotal points at all though.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

individual865 posted:

Gaethje doesn't have a wiki because he doesn't meet their outdated "notability" standards. People keep trying to make one and it keeps getting deleted.

That's loving weird, because like everyone who he has beaten has a Wiki. There must be some specific volunteer who keeps deleting him for some dumbassed reason.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

CommonShore posted:

That's loving weird, because like everyone who he has beaten has a Wiki. There must be some specific volunteer who keeps deleting him for some dumbassed reason.

I remember a year or two ago there was this big MMA kerfluffle on Wikipedia. You know how the Wiki page for any given UFC event is basically the best resource for figuring out WTF is going on in them? Like they have the announcement, information about fighters dropping out and getting replaced, what happened at the weigh-ins, full results pf each fight 30 seconds after it ends, performance bonuses, all the information? And you can use them to cross-reference the fighters, previous events, etc.

Anyway a while back all the UFC event pages were getting deleted for "notability," and it wound up being this huge extended edit war where people kept reverting the deletions and somebody else would delete them again. It had to go through this whole extended idiot Wiki arbitration. I think they tried to "compromise" so that cards with a title fight could have their own page, but cards without championship bouts would only get abbreviated entries on the "2013 in UFC" summary page. Anyway through this stupid process it emerged that it was being done by a single insane nerd who obsessively hosed with MMA-related pages on wikipedia for months because he personally didn't like MMA. He had no legitimate reasoning at all for what he was doing, but because of how Wikipedia works it took forever to get it resolved.

I can't remember if he got overruled by the Wikipedia arbitrators or if he just gave up, but eventually it got back to full pages for each event.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ah yeah I remember bits of that. In all likelihood the people who made the final decision probably looked at it and said "well these pages get better traffic than many 'notable' pages, so let's leave them."

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Here's Gaethje vs Palomino (for the time being, at least)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VrtYKHmm0

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I want to see Gathje vs Bendo.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

Here's Gaethje vs Palomino (for the time being, at least)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VrtYKHmm0

That fight's pretty drat good. How many more fights does Gaethje have in WSOF?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

They guy who isn't Bas and can't pronounce names kept saying he was 6 and 0 in the promotion so I'm going to say 6.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

The Sphinxster posted:

They guy who isn't Bas and can't pronounce names kept saying he was 6 and 0 in the promotion so I'm going to say 6.

On his contract, I mean. Unless WSOF is known for doing 12-fight contracts, at which case what the hell.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh, my bad.

edit: uhh, the last news story I can see from googling about him signing a contract was a 5 fight deal in 2013. There would be 1 fight left on that contract if my math is right.

Also his wikipedia page is currently live but a candidate for Speedy Deletion. Wikipedia is weird.

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 29, 2015

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

EvanSchenck posted:

I remember a year or two ago there was this big MMA kerfluffle on Wikipedia. You know how the Wiki page for any given UFC event is basically the best resource for figuring out WTF is going on in them? Like they have the announcement, information about fighters dropping out and getting replaced, what happened at the weigh-ins, full results pf each fight 30 seconds after it ends, performance bonuses, all the information? And you can use them to cross-reference the fighters, previous events, etc.

Anyway a while back all the UFC event pages were getting deleted for "notability," and it wound up being this huge extended edit war where people kept reverting the deletions and somebody else would delete them again. It had to go through this whole extended idiot Wiki arbitration. I think they tried to "compromise" so that cards with a title fight could have their own page, but cards without championship bouts would only get abbreviated entries on the "2013 in UFC" summary page. Anyway through this stupid process it emerged that it was being done by a single insane nerd who obsessively hosed with MMA-related pages on wikipedia for months because he personally didn't like MMA. He had no legitimate reasoning at all for what he was doing, but because of how Wikipedia works it took forever to get it resolved.

I can't remember if he got overruled by the Wikipedia arbitrators or if he just gave up, but eventually it got back to full pages for each event.

If by months you mean 2 years, and it's actually much more complicated than that. There were more than one "deletionist," but one of them was on there approximately 50 hours a week. He also devoted about 80% of his attention to UFC pages and the occasional debuting UFC fighter while attacking other things (like indy MMA and random stuff like tennis and motorsports) just enough to avoid any sort of administrative issues until he rage quit when he finally got an official warning.

He also never laid a finger on the Bellator pages, while one of the people who seemed to be on his side in deletion logs actually helped make a lot of the Bellator pages. I found that extremely ominous, since he basically behaved as if deleting MMA off Wikipedia was a full-time job, which he was actually pretty good at.

If there's a silver-lining, it's that this all drew so much attention that Zane Simon got a job at Bloody Elbow out of it, since he had been maintaining the "List of Current UFC Fighters" page and that page ended up being a crucial flashpoint. Zane Simon's a pretty good dude.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Bean Fried posted:

If by months you mean 2 years, and it's actually much more complicated than that.

Yeah, I didn't follow it really closely so my summary was probably wrong in a lot of details. Thanks for clearing it up.

quote:

There were more than one "deletionist," but one of them was on there approximately 50 hours a week.

:catstare:

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!
^^^^Hell, if Bjorn Rebney had put someone on payroll specifically to gently caress with UFC pages on Wikipedia, I wouldn't have been surprised. Not even kidding.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
iirc i think the feud started because the editor lost an argument about individual articles for glee episodes or some poo poo

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

iirc i think the feud started because the editor lost an argument about individual articles for glee episodes or some poo poo

"If Glee s02e03 can't have its own page, neither can UFC 100!"

What a shitlord.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

As the younger generation gets more and more into the rise of anonymous internetting things are only going to get way more retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

that rules.