Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

VivaNova posted:

RIP diqnol! Even though you read me wrong, you will be missed~

Sorry you rolled scum viva.

##vote viva

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
Yeh I'm sad Diq died, he was obvious but it was sad.

I didn't get to re-read because CPig hammered and it killed all incentive to force myself to do it then.

I'll read the whole thread over tomorrow.

My will was basically me saying that if I die you need to either lynch or disregard everything Exact says, because his attempts to FOS me are laughable given how I was probably tied for biggest reason Opop died yesterday. I'm not willing to entertain conversation to the contrary because I think it'll make me get mad and not fun.

SCUM HUNTING TOMORROW WE DID IT GUYSSSSS

oh also just noticed the diqnol long post, saw my name haven't read the whole thing yet but..

:siren: DIQNOL YOU DID GOOD AND THEY WERE loving BITCHES. I WOULD NEVER ASSASSINATE YOU LIKE THAT. YOU DID GOOD!!! :siren:

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

also before I read diq's post bowmore this game is awesome

kind of a flop on the PM-sending out, that was Opop's fault but also a shame

still I really like this idea.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

haha that was the best post I've read in ages

A+++

you will be missed :911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQd7g565e2I

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Clearly I'm gonna have to put in more effort into my will next time I have a chance to submit.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TheRam posted:

##vote TheRam

Going to bed.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Max posted:

##vote TheRam

Going to bed.

haha oooh hoo ho ho you cheeky devil

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

I hate to contradict a town player that flipped town calling me strongly town, but I was not super behind the opop lynch the way diqnol thinks I was day 1. Not sure where he got that.

Own z0ne, my friend.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing when I read that.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

wall monitor posted:

Clearly I'm gonna have to put in more effort into my will next time I have a chance to submit.

Yeah. Mine was only 150 characters or so. I'm epic fail.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So Diqnol's reads are almost the same as mine. You'll see all this someday when I die and my will is spoiled, but bottom line:

Potential bad people:
Rarity
VivaNova
Wall Monitor
Exakt

Super townie:
MMT

I was iffy on Max, but him coming into the thread after Diqnol's will and calling himself out makes me feel a bit better for now.

I think my priorities for today would be Rarity and Vivanova.

##vote Rarity

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote Viva best vote for today.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Wait KB you seriously think that WM could be scum with Opop?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TheRam posted:

Yeh I'm sad Diq died, he was obvious but it was sad.

I didn't get to re-read because CPig hammered and it killed all incentive to force myself to do it then.

My will was basically me saying that if I die you need to either lynch or disregard everything Exact says, because his attempts to FOS me are laughable given how I was probably tied for biggest reason Opop died yesterday. I'm not willing to entertain conversation to the contrary because I think it'll make me get mad and not fun.

SCUM HUNTING TOMORROW WE DID IT GUYSSSSS

oh also just noticed the diqnol long post, saw my name haven't read the whole thing yet but..

:siren: DIQNOL YOU DID GOOD AND THEY WERE loving BITCHES. I WOULD NEVER ASSASSINATE YOU LIKE THAT. YOU DID GOOD!!! :siren:

Hey TheRam I think what we have is just a clash of playstyles. I find your posting difficult to read, and it's really frustrating. which is the biggest reason I was suspicious of you. Also, I would like to add that I didn't say you were scummy, just that something felt weird about your posting, and that it feels like you have an agenda. That doesn't mean it's a scummy agenda, just an agenda. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EXAKT Science posted:

Wait KB you seriously think that WM could be scum with Opop?

Absolutely. Not everyone on my bad people list could be scum together, of course. But WM and Opop is easy:

Here is his initial post about Opop:

wall monitor posted:

Opop's slip-up seems really suspicious, but gut is telling me to hold off a little bit. I dunno.

Then, once Opop is at five actual votes(and some yet to be placed but announced, I believe), and he is the only other option on the table, he says this:

wall monitor posted:

Is this a slip? I think it's pretty good evidence, but I wouldn't turbo Opop on this alone.

This, however, might be enough... it took him a couple hours before he followed up by claiming it was a joke. I don't like this much. It'd be a lot more believable if he said 'I was confirming that I am still going to play in this game' which is both more believable to me than claiming joke and also what I would do if I was scum caught out in a lie.

That last bit is the, I think one of us is going to go, so I may as well throw him under the bus a bit more.

Then he went back to his Fiery vote.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I still think Rarity or Vivanova(In honor of Diqnol) are the best choice for today. But I don't want us to forget about WM.

Maybe he can come out swinging today and put some good stuff out there and change our minds?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

King Burgundy posted:

Absolutely. Not everyone on my bad people list could be scum together, of course. But WM and Opop is easy:

Here is his initial post about Opop:

Then, once Opop is at five actual votes(and some yet to be placed but announced, I believe), and he is the only other option on the table, he says this:

That last bit is the, I think one of us is going to go, so I may as well throw him under the bus a bit more.

Then he went back to his Fiery vote.

Yeah okay, that's a decent case. Mostly it seems off to me that Viva was casting shade on both Opop and WM when she could have probably gotten away with just casing Opop. That combined with the way Rarity was attacking WM, and Opop's vote on him after Rarity's prompting, are the things that give me pause. I definitely agree that Viva and Rarity are much better targets today.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah okay, that's a decent case. Mostly it seems off to me that Viva was casting shade on both Opop and WM when she could have probably gotten away with just casing Opop. That combined with the way Rarity was attacking WM, and Opop's vote on him after Rarity's prompting, are the things that give me pause. I definitely agree that Viva and Rarity are much better targets today.

Yeah. I don't see a way for WM and Rarity or WM and Viva to be scum together, so that makes sense. A Viva/Rarity/Opop scum team seems super possible though. When I tried to get them to talk about each other in terms of the game they both ignored me and moved on to other topics. I can see them being super unwilling to risk talking about each other in light of being about to lose a scum buddy.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
So based on D1 at the moment I think Hal, DHD and MT are town. I also think WM is very likely town since that's where Opop stuck his vote.

Going to write up a case now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
So on a re-read Exact really stood out to me. I feel like a lot of his opinions are faked. This is the first sequence of posts I felt like this:

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I feel messed up catching you like that, friendo.

Opopanax posted:

I feel perfectly fine about how I caught you.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I haven't read anything but these last two posts.

Which one of you should I be voting for?

EXAKT Science posted:

Something about the push on Opop right now feels off to me. I particularly don't like this post from Hal:

It's literally his only post aside from his signup.

Hal has made a single post and Exact is trying to frame it as something it's not. Hal's comment is not even an alignment call, yet Exact is calling it part of a conspiracy against Opop. Compared to every other comment in the game about Opop -- and every vote -- Exact is claiming that this comment from Hal is the worst Opop related post. To me its totally fake to call this part of the "push on Opop" when Hal doesn't vote him or even make an alignment call.

##vote Exact

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

More fake opinions on Hal. These are all the posts from Hal in between when Exact votes for him and when he unvotes. There is no explanation for why Exact feels better about Hal, and looking at the posts in question, I really dont understand why he might have changed his opinion.

Hal Incandenza posted:

It is clear to me that Opop is the bad guy but I will withhold my vote until the Ram succeeds in this most important event of his life

(5 pages later)

Hal Incandenza posted:

I agree, and all this movement onto wall monitor looks like scum trying to shift the agenda

EXAKT Science posted:

I know Hal has a meta, but I don't want to just let that go. I know he lurks a lot, and in light of his last few posts, I feel a bit better about him. ##unvote

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I also feel like Exact was trying very hard to make people look bad towards the deadline, and also that he started doing some light bussing.

EXAKT Science posted:

I think it's really weird that WM hasn't voted for Opop. Why not? His votes on f_v are also terrible.

WM can you show, with quotes, why you're townreading DHD?

EXAKT Science posted:

I look forward to when TheRam shows up and posts, because I have some weird ~vibes~ from him. His interactions with Opop in particular.

Opop are you going to scumhunt or just keep trying to extend jokephase?

talking to Viva about Max:

EXAKT Science posted:

It's interesting that you're jumping to defend him.

EXAKT Science posted:

Oh hey DHD! What do you think about Viva, WM, and Max, and do you think any of them could be scum with Opop?

EXAKT Science posted:

Who do you think is scum with Opop then?

EXAKT Science posted:

DHD I think it's interesting that you're latching on to the weakest part of the case on Opop. Also you should case Hal.

EXAKT Science posted:

TheRam didn't show up :(

EXAKT Science posted:

Was it an accident, or is it part of his agenda?

EXAKT Science posted:

The way TheRam was just completely absent doesn't sit right with me.

Also I want to look more closely at DHD and Viva.

The way Exact posts makes me think he is certain about Opop's alignment, especially when he is asking people about who they think is scum with Opop. However, this confidence in what he is writing doesn't match his voting, as he never votes for Opop.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I feel even better about f_v now, because that feels like a real case to me. It's incorrect, but who gives a poo poo?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I wasn't voting Opop because I wanted to explore other options with the time that we had, and by the time I was ready to vote him, my vote would have taken him to -1 far earlier than I was comfortable with. I also started a new job this week and haven't been online as much as I'm used to being, and am also just completely scatterbrained in general.

If I were scum with Opop, who would be our other scumbuddy/scumbuddies and why?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Exact, aside please elaborate on my agenda(s)...

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TheRam posted:

Exact, aside please elaborate on my agenda(s)...

Honestly it isn't much more than just a feeling, based on the tone of your posts. For all I know, it's that you want to be the one who solves the game and wins poo poo for town, be a hero, whatever. Upon rereading, I think that's much more likely than it's being a scummy agenda.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I want to find scum for my own satisfaction. I like finding Bros in a game to do it with.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've spent the whole weekend working, partying and making a 90s mixtape. What's going on? When is deadline?

King Burgundy posted:

I think my priorities for today would be Rarity and Vivanova.

##vote Rarity

So you're suspecting me for having the exact same read as you had? How does that make sense?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EXAKT Science posted:

I feel even better about f_v now, because that feels like a real case to me. It's incorrect, but who gives a poo poo?

I don't like this post cause it's one of the main tricks I use when I'm scum.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Rarity posted:

I don't like this post cause it's one of the main tricks I use when I'm scum.

I don't like this post because Rarity is talking about what she would do if she were scum :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EXAKT Science posted:

I don't like this post because Rarity is talking about what she would do if she were scum :colbert:

No, I'm talking about you using a really good scum tactic. The reverse-OMGUS (the OMGUR?) goes down really well cause it shows that you aren't put off by pressure, you're being reasonable in your assessment of other players and you make the person casing you feel more inclined to lose their suspicions. I'm always gonna be suspicious when I see people doing it in games.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TheRam posted:

I want to find scum for my own satisfaction. I like finding Bros in a game to do it with.

See this would honestly be enough to ping for me, honestly. You're scumhunting for yourself first, and that goal just so happens to align with the goal of the town.

Rarity posted:

No, I'm talking about you using a really good scum tactic. The reverse-OMGUS (the OMGUR?) goes down really well cause it shows that you aren't put off by pressure, you're being reasonable in your assessment of other players and you make the person casing you feel more inclined to lose their suspicions. I'm always gonna be suspicious when I see people doing it in games.

So do you think I'm the best vote for today, or do you think someone else is? I can't tell because you don't have a vote down.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EXAKT Science posted:

So do you think I'm the best vote for today, or do you think someone else is? I can't tell because you don't have a vote down.

I'm not sure cause I am massively hanging today and a still a bit high so I'm not really thinking straight right now. I'll figure it out tomorrow morning (real tomorrow, not game tomorrow)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

So you're suspecting me for having the exact same read as you had? How does that make sense?

Nope. I agreed with you on WM, but that doesn't mean you weren't doing it from a scum perspective to try to shift the narrative. The key is your disagreement on Opop and the way you've been acting this game. For example, when you asked me what I thought about Max, I gave you a serious answer. When I asked you about Vivanova(And Vivanova about you) you both reacted jokingly and never actually responded about the game.

Initial Opop quote:

Rarity posted:

When I read that I thought Opop was joking :shobon:

This is a hilarious thing that I think you would do as Scum:

Rarity posted:

Hi Max, I'm scum :unsmigghh:

I don't have anything exciting to quote about you and vivanova since you both ignored me outside of the jokes.

But here is a lead in you posted much later to help drive the WM case:

Rarity posted:

By the way, Viva I would really like to hear what you think of wall monitor!

I can't find anything driving that post, Viva wasn't posting at the time, what made you call her out specifically? Trying to help a scum buddy jump on your case? What were you thinking at the time?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

I can't find anything driving that post, Viva wasn't posting at the time, what made you call her out specifically? Trying to help a scum buddy jump on your case? What were you thinking at the time?

The one game I've played with Viva (Civ 2) she was the best town player so I wanted to see her opinion on my case.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Diqnol posted:

I like MT for town as of now as well. MT has been on the same page as me about a number of things.

:rip: I'll carry on your legacy as best I can!

Rarity posted:

I'm not sure cause I am massively hanging today and a still a bit high so I'm not really thinking straight right now.

Same here - I'm using Mafia as an excuse to not get out of bed :) I just finished a re-read, expect some try-hand cases within the next few hours.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Another interesting thing is that since everyone started this game Vanilla, scum night kills aren't based on hunting for power roles or anything. It will be based purely on taking people who are obstacles to their shaping of the narrative. Here on SA, people always ignore the NK motivation because of WIFOM, but that gives scum a free pass to kill whoever they want without having to think about it. Before he died Diqnol was suspecting Viva, Rarity and TheRam of being scum. Scum would want to keep him around if he was wrong, to help sell their cases, but would want him dead if he was right.

He recanted on TheRam in twilight, assuming the night kill order was put in after that, that leaves Viva and Rarity.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

King Burgundy posted:

Another interesting thing is that since everyone started this game Vanilla, scum night kills aren't based on hunting for power roles or anything. It will be based purely on taking people who are obstacles to their shaping of the narrative. Here on SA, people always ignore the NK motivation because of WIFOM, but that gives scum a free pass to kill whoever they want without having to think about it. Before he died Diqnol was suspecting Viva, Rarity and TheRam of being scum. Scum would want to keep him around if he was wrong, to help sell their cases, but would want him dead if he was right.

He recanted on TheRam in twilight, assuming the night kill order was put in after that, that leaves Viva and Rarity.

Seriously, we should be voting Viva today.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

Or they could kill someone to throw suspicion on somebody else, it's still WIFOM

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EXAKT Science posted:

Seriously, we should be voting Viva today.

What are your thoughts on Rarity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

Or they could kill someone to throw suspicion on somebody else, it's still WIFOM

No scum on SA would do that. No one on SA considers reasons for the Night Kill the next day. It is a non thing. I've been on plenty of scum teams and I've read plenty of scum chats after game was over as town and scum are never concerned with it either.

Maybe in this game, after today, my bringing it up will change things. But I guarantee you that scum didn't even consider it to be a thing when selecting their target.

• Locked thread