Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Cool. I guess during this time Spiderman is dealing with Spiderverse poo poo and X-men are doing their own thing as always.

So in the Avenger's ongoing solos are they just ignoring incursions or what?
Since the Time Runs Out arc (beginning with Avengers 35 & NA 24), A & NA take place after every other Marvel ongoing.

However, coming up, it looks like some titles will show how their characters react to the final incursion (look for "Last Days" banners):

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Okey dokey, thanks for your help :tipshat:

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

What the gently caress is this from? Anyone know? Because I need to read whatever it is. :catstare:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think that's Bullseye cosplaying as Hawkeye, so it's probably from Dark Reign.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Could be Avengers Disassembled.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I really liked the Dark Avengers idea when I read it, what was the contemporary fan response? I thought all of Dark Reign was cool actually.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure it's Avengers #502 by Bendis/Finch. (Disassembled era)

edit: yup

redbackground fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 27, 2015

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

redbackground posted:

Pretty sure it's Avengers #502 by Bendis/Finch. (Disassembled era)

edit: yup

Cool, I never read any of that stuff. Thanks!

That number of quivers is absurd and it owns.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

zoux posted:

I really liked the Dark Avengers idea when I read it, what was the contemporary fan response? I thought all of Dark Reign was cool actually.

I liked Dark Reign, though it ended like poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zoux posted:

I think most people dug the hell out of Dark Avengers when it came out.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think the combination of Siege being really bad and Bendis feeling the need to do a less-interesting abridged redux of Dark Avengers like a year later like he was repackaging the original as an OAV really hurt the legacy of Dark Reign.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

yeah Dark Avengers was an extremely fun book and it seemed like everyone loved it at the time (that splash page of Sentry decapitating Morgan le Fay was a pretty great "holy poo poo" moment). for me that whole post-Civil War status quo went very strong up until like halfway through Siege. and even then, the post-Siege wrapup issue in Dark Avengers is pretty great.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

A Tin Of Beans posted:

What the gently caress is this from? Anyone know? Because I need to read whatever it is. :catstare:

That is Hawkeye making a last stand as Scarlet Witch burns down the Avengers around him, hence all the quivers.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Like half a page later he explodes because he's got too many quivers to take off before one of the arrows explodes.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Hey, so Avengers and New Avengers trades are not so easy to navigate now that I'm trying to fill in my physical collection.

Avengers is 1, 2, 3
New Avengers is just 1

This is where I lose it. Vol 4 & 2 are Infinity, but do they include the Infinity event? I'm probably better off with thisGiant Collection that has everything.

Then we go back to normal numbering, Avengers 5 and 6, New Avengers 3, and 4. Does this bring me up to the Time Runs out trades? There's 3 volumes out now and 1 more to come, if I'm reading Amazon correctly.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If the contents numbering is right, Avengers trade 6 ends on #34 and New Avengers trade 4 ends on #23 and TRO trade #1 pick up from the next numbers of both.

I've been doing Hickman's Avengers in digital singles, so I'm just looking at the numbers on the trades.
Seems there's no reason to get Avengers trade #4 or New Avengers #2 since you can only buy Infinity with the issues they cover included.
Also, Avengers trade #3 only has two issues not covered in the Infinity book? That's a rip.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 29, 2015

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Yeah they have properly boned up the trade release of this run. God I hope they give it an omni treatment with a proper reading order.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
That is a mess. I can't imagine how annoying this must be for a new reader if I'm having this much trouble.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

What part of Canada was Weapon X in? We were trying to figure out if it was from Quebec last night but couldn't answer it looking at Wikipedia.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
X2 said that the Weapon X project was located at Alkali Lake, which is in British Columbia. The scenes were filmed in Alberta, though.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Soonmot posted:

That is a mess. I can't imagine how annoying this must be for a new reader if I'm having this much trouble.
Combined with the utterly impenetrable plot and yes, it's been a joy to try and follow :)

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dunbar posted:

Combined with the utterly impenetrable plot and yes, it's been a joy to try and follow :)

I am sorry. It really is a great story.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

zoux posted:

Dark Reign was fuckin' awesome all around, I thought - though the relative disappointment of Siege does take a bit of the blush off the rose.

Honestly, that's the biggest reason I'm not horribly down on Event Comics - even the ones that are terrible (see: Civil War) have tended, over the past few years, to give us some time with an interesting status quo that the writers can play with. The events themselves might be poo poo, but the past few lovely events have made excellent fertilizer.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Cool, I never read any of that stuff. Thanks!

That number of quivers is absurd and it owns.

He's literally got arrows coming out of his rear end, best arrowguy in history.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
There's a panel of Guy Gardner mooning Batman in one of these threads. Which series is it from and is the rest of it as good as that panel?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

dragon_pamcake posted:

There's a panel of Guy Gardner mooning Batman in one of these threads. Which series is it from and is the rest of it as good as that panel?

Its from Green Lantern Corps: Recharge and it's a great mini series. The following GLC ongoing stays good for a good length of it's run as well.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
It also gave us Soranik Natu, who's probably of my all-time favorite Lanterns. She even hasn't ended up dead or dearmed or anything like that, miraculously enough. It's a DC Miracle!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Read GLC and any other comic drawn by Pat Gleason.

e: Looking up Gleason on the old Robin solo... NOBODY TOLD ME FRAZER IRVING DID A TWO ISSUE ROBIN STORY FEATURING KLARION!
ee: and Gleason only did covers. Win some, lose some.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Apr 1, 2015

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The latest issue of Batman & Robin is pretty much a perfect single issue as long as you know going in that Damian Wayne has super powers. If you have a son, or just want a happy Batman story, check it out and get the Harry Potter cover. Excellent work by Tomasi and Gleason.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Its from Green Lantern Corps: Recharge and it's a great mini series. The following GLC ongoing stays good for a good length of it's run as well.

I think it's because Gibbons and Tomasi seemed less, well, up themselves about it than Johns did, if you get my meaning. When they reach Blackest Night, GLC goes all-out and embraces the bizarreness of the concept, while the main GL comic was wallowing in self-importance about how this was a Very Serious Grant Morrison type treatise on the nature of death in comic books (as opposed to superhero zombie gore).

That's how I remember it, anyway.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think it's because Gibbons and Tomasi seemed less, well, up themselves about it than Johns did, if you get my meaning. When they reach Blackest Night, GLC goes all-out and embraces the bizarreness of the concept, while the main GL comic was wallowing in self-importance about how this was a Very Serious Grant Morrison type treatise on the nature of death in comic books (as opposed to superhero zombie gore).

Tomasi and Gleason's GLC during Blackest Night was fantastic--it really did have a lot of fun with the zombie horde aspect and let loose with a bunch of crazy: Guy rage-chainsawing Kyle, BL Zombie fridge, etc, and man, it was gorgeous from start to finish.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

I remember GL being fun during the event, with the Martian Manhunter battle with Flash and the Specter/Paralax fight, and the issue all about Black Mask was an incredible horror comic.
I think it wrapped in with the main story, life entity and that stuff at the end, but they were both fun diversions from the main series.

Forever Evil was a lot like that too. I found the Justice League side-stories enjoyable while the main series was garbage, and Johns wrote them both :shrug:

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Teenage Fansub posted:

I remember GL being fun during the event, with the Martian Manhunter battle with Flash and the Specter/Paralax fight, and the issue all about Black Mask was an incredible horror comic.
I think it wrapped in with the main story, life entity and that stuff at the end, but they were both fun diversions from the main series.

Forever Evil was a lot like that too. I found the Justice League side-stories enjoyable while the main series was garbage, and Johns wrote them both :shrug:

Johns is hit or miss for me as well. He was amazing on Booster Gold, but I was reading JLI Nu52 and I was kind of digging it until the issue Johns wrote where Booster was being a scheming moron and Guy hated him again, throwing out all the character development they'd both had since their headquarters got bombed.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I read about the recent X-Men storyline where they crowned a new Juggernaut. I know that Cain Marko was involved, but didn't retake the mantle. What became of him at the end of the story? Was there any epilogue or anything?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

I read about the recent X-Men storyline where they crowned a new Juggernaut. I know that Cain Marko was involved, but didn't retake the mantle. What became of him at the end of the story? Was there any epilogue or anything?

Well, after the credits, we see a big arm with a brown wristband grabbing onto the floating case of Titan.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Gavok posted:

I think it's still ongoing and as of the most recent issue, Marko does retake the mantle after it's initially given to The Living Monolith

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gavok posted:

I am pretty sure the last issue ended with Cain Marko as the juggernaut.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dacap posted:

I think it's still ongoing and as of the most recent issue, Marko does retake the mantle after it's initially given to The Living Monolith

Bummer. I liked the idea of Cain moving on and retiring from the hero vs. villain business after realizing that he doesn't want a part of either and just wants to live his own life.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Everyone is disappointed its not Rockslide.

All the other candidates wanted the mantle for their own aspirations of power or to prevent others from controlling it

Rockslide was just like "I'll wreck whatever poo poo you want Cytorrak, cause it'll be AWESOME "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I was reading some DC Comics from the 80s and what the gently caress is going on with Starfire's hair.