Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Nuebot posted:

Well I'm out of regular content to run in Record Keeper, all that's left for me is the elite dungeons and daily stuff. I'm really struggling with the elite things. Is there any good way to grind? I get like no EXP even on boosted characters.

Have you tried today's Daily Event, which is all about getting Experience and Growth Eggs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I recently got FFX remaster and I'm wondering what the best way to "break" it is. There's bound to be some over the top good build for one of the characters but I don't know it and google hasn't turned up any results. What should I do and how should I do it?

Edit: For reference I just got to the point where Wakka realizes Rikku is Al Bhed

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
After hanging out on Sesame Street I'm fighting Zordon with legs! And he's a beast! But the plot's getting reeeeeeaaally stupid now. A lot of things don't make any sense why they should be. Also I love how both of them basically no sell your efforts. The entire party is winded, and they're just like "oh, you're...pretty good :ocelot:" I have also discovered the true power of darkness while fighting Handicapable Zordon and it kicks rear end. I don't see how any boss can take 3 of these and live.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Len posted:

I recently got FFX remaster and I'm wondering what the best way to "break" it is. There's bound to be some over the top good build for one of the characters but I don't know it and google hasn't turned up any results. What should I do and how should I do it?

Edit: For reference I just got to the point where Wakka realizes Rikku is Al Bhed

Expert or Standard Sphere Grid? If you're playing Standard, a typical early route is to have Kimahri or Rikku break through the level 2 lock near the start of Rikku's grid; that leads into a late portion with Yuna's grid that has access to Reflect, Curaga, and Holy much earlier than you would otherwise be able to get them. You can also use Blk Magic spheres to give Yuna some of Lulu's Black Magic, which Yuna puts to much better use given her grid's emphasis on Magic and Agility.

In any case FFX isn't really as breakable early on due to sphere locks; you can Blitzball for some stuff to customize it, but nothing special.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 29, 2015

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Len posted:

I dunno why you'd want to do that but the best way is probably to use the Don Tonberry AP exploit but that actually requires a lot of effort to set up and you'd need to be at the endgame pretty much. You can trivialise basically any story boss fight with Rikku's mix overdrive though

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_X_Mixes

Quartet of 9 and Trio of 9999 both let you do 9999 damage with every hit

I guess for regular encounters you could try creating a weapon with deathtouch/deathstrike or stonetouch/stonestrike. Any enemies vulnerable to those would die in one hit

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mega64 posted:

6's probably the crappiest port since the graphics are pretty much worse across the board besides the battle backgrounds, while at least 5 has redone monster sprites that look nice and the map isn't as ugly. If you can overlook the graphics and touch-screen controls, they're both playable and have a few minor gameplay enhancements over the GBA ports (most notable being Auto-Battle).

FF3 and FF4 are pretty similar to the DS version except without the dumb WiFi stuff of 3 or the minigame stuff of 4. Of course, the 3 remake sucks rear end while the 4 remake has some ramped-up difficulty but is still fine. 1 and 2 are probably same as ever, except easier. Dimensions is supposed to be decent if you don't mind a stupid plot, though I wasn't a big fan. Similar thing with The After Years, though it's the only version of the game with 3D graphics.

You can't go wrong with any of them besides with all of them. Best option is probably to emulate if possible, but otherwise 4 is probably the least terrible of the ports.

Emulation on a touch screen is awful. At least the ios ports make an effort to let you control it on a touch screen.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Emulation on a touch screen is awful. At least the ios ports make an effort to let you control it on a touch screen.

The iOS ports play just fine (and in the case of FF6 plays better then any other version that's available on a portable format) and that's the big thing goons keep forgetting. If you don't like the iOS aesthetics, sure, but they're contemporary of the best-playing versions of 5 and 6 in every other way and if you want to just play Final Fantasy they play very good Final Fantasy.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Oh wow, game just got good again. I don't understand what is going on but these fights are awesome. It's like they dumped all the protagonists of all the Final Fantasies into this game.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Where do I go for good equipment farming early in Record Keeper? Also what's the significance of the oven when combining weapons and armor? Where's the best place to hit it? In the green spot?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nuebot posted:

Well I'm out of regular content to run in Record Keeper, all that's left for me is the elite dungeons and daily stuff. I'm really struggling with the elite things. Is there any good way to grind? I get like no EXP even on boosted characters.

Sunday dungeon. If you can farm the normal tier it's around 7.5-8k xp per stage at 200% and not too bad with 3 star weapons and levels in the high teens or better. Even Rydia with a crappy staff does 700+ to bone dragons with fire. If you can reliably clear the hard dungeon already, probably because you're a lucky jerk who pulled 5 star relics or whaled like a madman, run that because I think it's 22-25k xp with the 200% clear bonus? I haven't run the level 3 xp dungeons for awhile now.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Are they planning to add more characters for Record Keeper? I'm still baffled Fran gets representation over Basch. Plus their picks of Wakka and Kimahri for FFX.

Yes, dozens. Here's all the characters I have in Japan right now:

I haven't finished the most recent dungeons for FF1 and FF2 so maybe I'm missing someone still but you get the idea. A fair number of them came from event dungeons that are usually up for about 2 weeks. Cecil(both types), Gobelz, Tifa, Sephiroth, and a bunch of others I got that way.

Current team's layout:

They added some crystals later on that let characters raise their level cap from 50 to 65, which is why 3 characters are over 50. Golbez is about to hit 51 and I haven't picked up Lenna's crystal yet but I think it's in the current content there. Normally I run Sabin or Kain instead of her but I brought her in case I needed healing and her aoe regen limit break, since it ticks for 200+ on most of the party while she can cure 3 for about 2k.

Just because someone shows up in a loading screen doesn't mean you can get them yet though. Think of it like Bahamut in the tutorial. You got to use him, but you can't make his summon yet. It recently got added in Japan but gently caress making 5 star summons. The 5 star orbs and crystals are rare as gently caress and summons are generally 1 use per level while skills and spells are 2 uses (some start with 4 uses, like cure, but still gain just 2 uses per level). Maybe a summon at level 5 gets a bunch of uses but even if you collected every 5 star material ever available in Japan I'm not sure you'd have enough to take a 5 star summon to 5/5. Or even 3/5 for that matter.

e:

Himuro posted:

Where do I go for good equipment farming early in Record Keeper? Also what's the significance of the oven when combining weapons and armor? Where's the best place to hit it? In the green spot?

Give Cloud your best sword/katana and get him the thunder attack. Put the attack boost skill on someone else who sucks at attacking, like Tyro, and have them boost Cloud's attack so he can do boosted weakness damage to the FF7 bosses and Octomann. You can get a 4 star rod/staff that way. There are a few others, like Baron castle, but there's going to be too difficult for now because expert boss HP ramps up fast early on.

I'm hoping that in the next week they'll add an event dungeon. Maybe Mt. Ordeals but I forget if that was the first that came out in Japan. If it does you can get some extra equipment drops there but I've only ever seen 5 star accessories given as drops, never a weapon/armor, and even getting 3 star drops as rewards is rare. You can technically upgrade 2 star stuff in to 4 stars, but it's going to be very inferior to base 3 and 4 star relics in terms of stats. My main issue with the game is actually how lopsided the gear stats are. A 4 star item upgraded twice and made in to a 6 star item will still be weaker in stats than a 5 star item that starts as a 5 star item.

e2: My character list in Japan is missing the Warrior and I think 1 other character from a past event that I missed. Warrior was an early start character at the least there but I started too late I suppose.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 29, 2015

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Len posted:

FFX is pretty drat stable early on. There's only one path of progression that actually increases your power before the endgame, and level-grinding isn't exactly a strategy.

The endgame is a bit hard of a time to nail down, but suffice to say, You'll Know It When You See It, if you're on your first time through the game. Up until then, though, there's only one real thing to do that approaches breaking the game.

Summoning.

You can summon whenever you drat well want, and Aeons are more than strong enough to handle, well, everything. Don't use them in randoms, though, at least not until you've used everyone else in the fight. You want everyone to get AP, after all.

However, Aeons on their own won't break things. You have to develop Yuna a certain way. You'll soon be getting key spheres. Hold on to any levels Yuna gets, and once you get the key spheres to do so, send her down Tidus or Wakka's path. Tidus's has a bit more Agility, Wakka's a bit more Strength. Either will work, really, though I suggest Tidus.

See, the thing is, Aeon stats are based off of Yuna's, along with a base. However, the formulas are balanced assuming you're doing what any normal person would with Yuna and send her down her regular path of white maginess. You know, lots of Magic and Magic Defense, not much Strength and HP.

If you go and send Yuna down a physical path, the Aeons will soon have regular attacks outstripping their overdrive. You also don't lose much doing this: Yuna's role in a fight is mostly (or entirely, when you get Use) replicated with items. I do suggest at least grabbing the Nul-whatever skills with someone for a few fights you'll want them, but that's it. Additionally, you get to double up on Tidus's and Wakka's skills. Even though Wakka has more Strength, getting a second Haste caster will probably be more useful, and if you want to do the postgame optional bosses, Yuna's a prime choice to use*, so already having Quick Hit is a plus.

The downside with this plan is that Yuna will basically stagnate for a while until the build comes into its own. I call that a fair trade, though, since if you need her to pull her weight in a fight, just summon. Otherwise, just pull her in, defend, and then switch out. Repeat until her Strength is satisfactory.

Aside from this, and a few random boss-specific strategies, there's not much to do to break FFX until the Calm Lands, where you can get Wings to Discovery from the Chocobo racing minigame and mix Trio of 9999 with Rikku's Overdrive. From there, the game's over. 30 Wings to Discovery gives you 15 casts of Trio of 9999, which is enough to take down every remaining boss fight in the game.

*At the very endgame, when everyone has everything, the only differences between characters are Overdrives, Celestial Weapons, Yuna's Summoning, and animations. Tidus and Wakka have the best Overdrives for the times you need them, although Rikku's is useful as well. Yuna can summon Aeons for body-blocking and some damage, and her attack animation's really fast, too. Importantly, her Celestial Weapon's damage modifier is based off her MP, instead of her HP like everyone else but Lulu. Plus, it has One MP Cost. This means that her damage stays high, even if she's at low HP.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

So I just heard about this Record Keeper thing. Can someone explain this to me and is the game fun to play without spending my life savings on in-app purchases?

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I like the Japanese version more because there's so much more content and the Japanese is pretty easy, but at the same time I hate dealing with Monage stuff and no one I know is really playing the Japanese version so it's not as fun to talk about.

Got a brake blade easily in the raffle.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Augus posted:

So I just heard about this Record Keeper thing. Can someone explain this to me and is the game fun to play without spending my life savings on in-app purchases?

It's a bunch of ATB battles with a wide variety of characters to choose from. Not as much depth as your usual FF game, but more than you'd probably expect form a mobile game. There's stamina you can pay to refill, but you probably won't need to since it gives you enough to do like 8-10 battles before refilling (and gaining a new stamina point will refill your stamina anyway). Not a bad mobile diversion considering.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Augus posted:

It's Puzzle and Dragons with FF. Fun as poo poo. Daily challenges, quests, dungeons, events, loot, tons of characters, FF fan service up the rear end, minimal IAP just like PAD.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Len posted:

FFX is probably one of the least breakable FFs, to be honest. A lot of the strongest abilities / spells are locked behind key spheres that you just can't get early, and even late in the game there are plenty of enemies that are fairly challenging. Some of the superbosses are just outright insane, requiring you to literally max all of your stats (except luck and magic, and luck you still need to get pretty high for a few of them, or waste a bunch of turns using Cheer). You can always just use Yojimbo / soft resets to kill superbosses with zero effort, but beating them the legit way is a major time investment, since you need a couple (really expensive) specialized sets of armor for your main party and you have to grind away at the same arena monsters over and over to get the spheres to max out your grid so that you even stand a chance.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Himuro posted:

I like the Japanese version more because there's so much more content and the Japanese is pretty easy, but at the same time I hate dealing with Monage stuff and no one I know is really playing the Japanese version so it's not as fun to talk about.

Got a brake blade easily in the raffle.

How far along are you, and have you had much/any success at any of the EX levels in the event dungeons? I managed to clear a few (beat Leviathan in the thing that was up yesterday) but for the most part they're just insane and seem to be made for game-specific teams of level 65s with 4 and 5 star skills and 5+ star gear.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Yeah IIRC the best way to break FFX is to get Yojimbo and summon him in every battle and pay him 2 gil and then when you get to the superbosses you can pay him a negligible amount and an instant kill is p much guaranteed.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got my first 5* in record keeper but it's armor :( genji helm. I mean it's really good for armor but still would rather have one good sword to kill things with.

I beat all of classic and in having trouble moving up to elite right now. I guess I'll do this exp dungeon for now.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

epitasis posted:

Yeah IIRC the best way to break FFX is to get Yojimbo and summon him in every battle and pay him 2 gil and then when you get to the superbosses you can pay him a negligible amount and an instant kill is p much guaranteed.

He's got a hidden compatibility meter that you can max out, which combined with the right amount of gil and a full overdrive meter can get you a really good shot at an instant kill. To be honest though, maxing his compatibility by watching the same summon animation hundreds of times in random battles is probably way more tedious than just dropping like 100k gil and soft resetting until he uses Zanmato against the few bosses that are annoying enough to make you use it.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I tried to do the player survey for the FFXV demo and my iPad spazzed and wouldn't load it. When I tried to do the survey on my laptop it said that my demo code had been used. Anyone have a copy of the demo code but isn't planning on doing the survey that wouldn't mind pming it to me?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
These Nemeses fights man. WTF am I supposed to do about bridal skeleton chicken? The theme of love makes me think there's a winning strategy to be found by psychoanalyzing all the examples of love found in this game, from the familial love exhibited by Til saving his brother Tiz's life by willingly letting himself fall into the Great Chasm all the way to the formal, patriarchal love between the grand marshal and his daughter. But since I am trying to kill Yon Chaste Mi'Lady Fowl, perhaps I should be examining how Ringabel's constant advances toward all women and the inevitable admonishment received by Edea masks his insecurity and worry over his own lack of identity and memory, therefore he creates this persona just to have it constantly destroyed, symbolizing how perhaps I need to utilize a class that represents an unyielding barrier to defend against Chicken Wife's love based attacks, maybe a fully leveled up Knight? Defense is fine, but what about offense? Perhaps in looking toward the grand marshal's reluctant yet earnest denial of his daughter's own wishes, continually sending his elite forces to block her and the vestal's path despite her pleas to live and let live, do I find the answer. I should therefore try a Job that excels at countering? For it is Edea and co. that advances toward the enemy, and in the face of their onslaught the templar's forces defend and counter. There is also Victor and Victoria's twisted relationship, love built on guilt and obsession. Victor's own love continuously brings upon both persons immense suffering and grief, yet nevertheless he must forge on, because he cannot bear to let her go. Mixing pain and love together brings to mind a Job that punishs itself to punish the enemy. On the other hand, the healing power of love is also at work here, indicated by Skelly Waifu's attack that creates a bond between two party members, allowing them to mimic one another. Tiz and Agnes is the best example, perhaps the too obvious example. Together these two have persevered to hell and beyond, always at the side and aid of the other. When one closes his/her heart to the other, it is not Airy, not Ringabel, nor Edea that draws them forth, by the other remaining member of the party. So for my final job selection I'm thinking I should go with a Job that has a natural supporting Job complement, as well as, following the dependency idea, a fundamental theme of support, growth, and healing.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
please tell me where you quoted that from, google is uh down, apparently.

like actually down, like not working for me. it's weird.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
SuperMechagodzilla.

EDIT: Oh my God Chapter 7 is the best chapter. THE BEST. This reminds me why I fell in love with Bravely Default to begin with. Please tell me this is the endgame. If it ends like this it will nearly make up for the last couple rounds.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 30, 2015

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Himuro posted:

How do the new classic dungeons they add scale to what's already available? If I work hard will they all be jokes when they eventually come around?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Grand Cup Hard is loving ridiculous, Mega Tonberry and Shady Duo are bullshit.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I think I kind of hate you all for getting me to download Record Keeper.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I found Record Keeper kind of boring honestly. I wish the characters were more like their actual game selves. Instead they feel kind of generic + limit break.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I rolled and got a buster sword. So is there any reason to keep rolling now that I got that and some genji equipment? Or should I just stockpile my stuff from now on until the inevitable update?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Nuebot posted:

I rolled and got a buster sword. So is there any reason to keep rolling now that I got that and some genji equipment? Or should I just stockpile my stuff from now on until the inevitable update?

If you need some more 3+ star weapons/armor it wouldn't hurt to roll a couple times with free mithril. Your cloud is set for a long time with that buster sword though and you should farm the xp dungeon if you haven't yet so you can run the normal difficulty dailies to make 1-2 star skills. Cloud with the buster sword and some 2 star elemental strikes will decimate things pretty well. If you manage to pull a 5 or maybe 4 star armor he can use you might be able to get him strong enough to solo the hard daily dungeons which would be huge.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I can't quite solo the hard daily dungeon yet because the dudes wreck the rest of the party. I'm confident cloud could solo it, but I kind of want them to get exp too, you know? But oh my god this buster sword. Dude hits for almost 2.5k on average now and his lightning sword attacks, when hitting a weakness, do almost 10k. This is nuts!

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Evil Fluffy posted:

How far along are you, and have you had much/any success at any of the EX levels in the event dungeons? I managed to clear a few (beat Leviathan in the thing that was up yesterday) but for the most part they're just insane and seem to be made for game-specific teams of level 65s with 4 and 5 star skills and 5+ star gear.

I'm further along the English version. I got a couple of guys to the early teens in the JP version and droppednit. It's just that the japanese version has more poo poo to do. The later quests are fun as poo poo.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

ImpAtom posted:

I found Record Keeper kind of boring honestly. I wish the characters were more like their actual game selves. Instead they feel kind of generic + limit break.

I feel like there's a version of Final Fantasy: Greatest Hits in my head that is way cooler than this boring phone game. It's not even a good game for a phone because it takes way too long to load or do anything. The "your going into battle!"-chime followed by several seconds of loading is giving me 'Nam flashbacks of the PlayStation ports.

It replaced the One Piece game as my dumb fanservice mobile game of choice, but not for long.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The Machine posted:

I feel like there's a version of Final Fantasy: Greatest Hits in my head that is way cooler than this boring phone game. It's not even a good game for a phone because it takes way too long to load or do anything. The "your going into battle!"-chime followed by several seconds of loading is giving me 'Nam flashbacks of the PlayStation ports.

It replaced the One Piece game as my dumb fanservice mobile game of choice, but not for long.

I've mentioned it on these forums before, but if you like gundam give G Generation Frontier a shot. It's JP only but I've wasted so much time on it. It's also got fanservice out the rear end, every week they have a new event and they'll frequently bring out obscure MS from OVAs or games.

EDIT: So Cloud and Kain can almost do the hard exp dungeon on their own provided they don't get chumped by bio. So every time I manage to complete one mission of this everyone who survives gets stronger. Eventually I'll be able to complete it, I figure.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Mar 30, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Nuebot posted:

I can't quite solo the hard daily dungeon yet because the dudes wreck the rest of the party. I'm confident cloud could solo it, but I kind of want them to get exp too, you know? But oh my god this buster sword. Dude hits for almost 2.5k on average now and his lightning sword attacks, when hitting a weakness, do almost 10k. This is nuts!

If you can clear the hard daily dungeons, even with all but cloud dead the for the love of god do it.

Hard daily orb dungeons give two star orbs as their default drop and occasionally a 3 star orb. Normal is 1 star orbs and rarely a 2 star orb, easy is just 2 star orbs. Farming hard means you can make more higher tier skills, and upgrade them. Getting fire/ice/lit element attacks for Cloud and taking them to level 2 so you have 4 uses of each means he can dump damage on lots of things and if you're really lucky you'll get enough 3 star materials in the process to make the attack, magic, and defense reducing 3 star attacks. Those are pretty vital for beating hard bosses that could otherwise wreck your party (like the last boss in the Mt. Ordeals event dungeon).

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Gologle posted:

SuperMechagodzilla.

EDIT: Oh my God Chapter 7 is the best chapter. THE BEST. This reminds me why I fell in love with Bravely Default to begin with. Please tell me this is the endgame. If it ends like this it will nearly make up for the last couple rounds.

:hf: Chapter 7 is when BD gets back on track again. In the original version that we never got, chapter 7 and 8 were just chapter 6 again in terms of optional fights. None of these great scenes and cool boss fights.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Evil Fluffy posted:

If you can clear the hard daily dungeons, even with all but cloud dead the for the love of god do it.

Hard daily orb dungeons give two star orbs as their default drop and occasionally a 3 star orb. Normal is 1 star orbs and rarely a 2 star orb, easy is just 2 star orbs. Farming hard means you can make more higher tier skills, and upgrade them. Getting fire/ice/lit element attacks for Cloud and taking them to level 2 so you have 4 uses of each means he can dump damage on lots of things and if you're really lucky you'll get enough 3 star materials in the process to make the attack, magic, and defense reducing 3 star attacks. Those are pretty vital for beating hard bosses that could otherwise wreck your party (like the last boss in the Mt. Ordeals event dungeon).

I've just been farming the FF6 dungeons for 2-star orbs, it's a little less reliable but they only cost 5 stamina and the enemies are easier than the Normal difficulty of the Daily Dungeon. You just need to know which levels drop which orbs, which I'm working on. Also some of them have three enemies per round which is better.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Is there a better set-up currently other than Tyro/Cloud/Tidus/Wakka/Kain? I've been thinking about swapping out Tyro but nobody else other than Rydia can use Magic, and characters like the Warrior and Ranger don't get bonuses on series like the rest of the cast do.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Characters like Warrior and Black Mage suck. So far I haven't noticed a benefit of Rydia over Tyro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Himuro posted:

Characters like Warrior and Black Mage suck. So far I haven't noticed a benefit of Rydia over Tyro.

Well, Rydia gets the same-game benefit and Tyro doesn't.