Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

That's some of the fun, though. I kinda did it with the burger tour the first time but I didn't with the butchers. It's fun how Falcon is said to be the best with English and then usually ends up being the worst to order.

It is mostly awkward but some of the best bits are in the engrish ordering too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I find it hilarious that of all the 3 food tours the worst is actually the sushi one just because of how ordering is in Japan and how unlike a burger chain where a combo is only ever for one person, you can have group combo orders at a sushi chain. Those drat sheets did them in :v:

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

That's some of the fun, though. I kinda did it with the burger tour the first time but I didn't with the butchers. It's fun how Falcon is said to be the best with English and then usually ends up being the worst to order.

"Most popular bee why oh meat."
"You what mate? 'ow long 'ere for?"
"Uh...Most pop-"
"Are you on holiday or staying?"

I know he was probably just being friendly and trying to make conversation despite the language barrier but it felt a little like an anti-immigration right ringer trying to grill the dude.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I thought R100 was really offbeat and hilarious in the most surreal way. Definitely not for everyone though.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Another sub from J-Hive, a 5 minute Kiki challenge for Matsumoto.

http://j-hive.weebly.com/gaki-no-tsukai-eng-subbed/gaki-no-tsukai-episode-1172-matsumotos-kiki-starbucks-challenge

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

The Gottsu Ee Kanji take on dokkiri.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy-RXd-sI7M

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Looks like part 7 of the prison batsu is up:

http://www.teamgaki.com/bastu-2015-part-7/

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

That page froze my browser and played a sound clip over and over for some reason? I managed to get it work after a bit, though.

Hosei totally got away with a laugh once there. Also what a hilarious waste of Matsumoto's card. I knew he'd laugh right after it was over.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

That page froze my browser and played a sound clip over and over for some reason? I managed to get it work after a bit, though.

Hosei totally got away with a laugh once there. Also what a hilarious waste of Matsumoto's card. I knew he'd laugh right after it was over.

It's funny how Matsumoto and the rest immediately knew what to do. Endo isn't Matsumoto's weakness at all, he basically never targets Matsumoto ever during these games, that's only something Yamasaki(and Hamada) do so from the start it's Matsumoto directing the others on how to do something lame that won't make him laugh but will create comedy.

Also the sumo wrestler at the end got me really good. His face is cartoonishly goofy and I couldn't stop laughing.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Targeting Matsumoto is both smart and dumb. It's smart because I think Matsumoto just really, really enjoys comedy and laughing in general and appreciates jokes so he'll lose it very easily. But it's dumb because it's infectious and will also make you laugh.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I have a Crunchyroll membership because I watch more anime than is good for me, but I was wondering what good J-Drama stuff they have (if any). What shows would you guys recommend?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

ViggyNash posted:

I have a Crunchyroll membership because I watch more anime than is good for me, but I was wondering what good J-Drama stuff they have (if any). What shows would you guys recommend?

I got a Crunchyroll trial just for J-Drama and wound up canceling after a couple weeks. The selection is really limited and what's there is kinda crap. They do have Hula Girls though, which is a much better movie than you'd probably guess from the title.

It's not on Crunchyroll, but I recommend Nihonjin no Wakaranai Nihongo if you can track it down. Not sure if it has an official English title, sorry.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

ViggyNash posted:

Not really a show, but there are many live action movies based on anime series. Death Note has gotten a live action adaptation, and the live action drama version of Great Teacher Onizuka set a ratings record. GTO's had both a series and a movie or two.

In terms of absolute live-action recommendation, my top pick would be the live action movies based on Rurouni Kenshin. It's got some amazing fight choreography in it and pretty good acting, though for me the fights are the big deal. I've only been able to find fansubs, and they're more difficult to get set up than your average anime or, say, a Korean drama series, but they're well worth watching.

I actually have no clue if any of this is on Crunchyroll, I just wanted to recommend rad non-anime Japanese shows/movies that I've seen. Plus I figure live adaptations of anime would be right up Crunchyroll's alley.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ViggyNash posted:

Just finished up the 2012 GTO drama, loved it. Back to School at 35 is really similar too, from the perspective of a woman returning to school as a student.

If you're looking for movies, Boys on the Run and Time Traveler are both good in my opinion.

I just started the first episode of the 2014 season of GTO and it's different and I don't know if it's a good way. They're doing a lot of interesting things but at the same time they're ignoring a lot of character they built from the previous series.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Thanks for the recommendations!

I'll check out GTO and Nihonjin no Wakaranai Nihongo first off.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
Anyone watch Vs Arashi? I've just found out it airs every weekday on SBS2 here in Australia and started recording it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Mace Bacon posted:

Anyone watch Vs Arashi? I've just found out it airs every weekday on SBS2 here in Australia and started recording it.

I watched some episodes when http://j-hive.weebly.com/ had them up, but the various Arashi livejournal communities pitched a huge fit because it turned out that they have super strict guidelines on membership, who you can share their videos with, and especially that their stuff can't end up on any streaming websites. It actually caused a couple of those communities to completely shut down and remove all of their subtitled work from their livejournal pages for several months.

It's a funny show, though, and I enjoyed what I was able to see of it in that time.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I watched some episodes when http://j-hive.weebly.com/ had them up, but the various Arashi livejournal communities pitched a huge fit because it turned out that they have super strict guidelines on membership, who you can share their videos with, and especially that their stuff can't end up on any streaming websites. It actually caused a couple of those communities to completely shut down and remove all of their subtitled work from their livejournal pages for several months.

It's a funny show, though, and I enjoyed what I was able to see of it in that time.

Wow, glad it's subtitled by a TV station here then, none of this weird drama. Would there be any interest in the episodes I record?

Mace Bacon fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 18, 2015

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Mace Bacon posted:

Wow, glad it's subtitled by a TV station here then, none of this weird drama. Would there be any interest in the episodes I record?

I know I'd watch them, but I wouldn't want you to get in trouble over it or anything.

Edit: In case anyone doesn't know what Vs Arashi is, it's an hour long variety show/game show sorta thing hosted by the five man male idol group Arashi where they take on teams of people that fit a theme (entertainer mothers, Yoshimoto Comedians, Celbrities from Fukuoka, etc.) in various over-the-top action games. They also have a +1 guest on their team, which is usually a comedian duo but is sometimes a celebrity from a different walk of life like that war photographer guy and was even Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones once.

This is one of the few subtitled episodes out there on streaming websites (because it was done by a Perfume fan instead of the Arashi community, probably). I assume this is ok to link but if not let me know and I'll edit it out: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2g0bl2_pvsa14_tv

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 18, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
That drama is ridiculous. They're taking shows that they don't own, and didn't directly subtitle, and claiming it's their property? Am I understanding this right? The worst they can do to you is report you to copyright holders, and if that's what you're worried about you can just bully them back.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Flameingblack posted:

That drama is ridiculous. They're taking shows that they don't own, and didn't directly subtitle, and claiming it's their property? Am I understanding this right? The worst they can do to you is report you to copyright holders, and if that's what you're worried about you can just bully them back.

I don't really know who owns the subtitles when a fan makes an unsanctioned subtitle script or whatever, but apparently their issues all stem from cases like this: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/02/20-1/40-people-arrested-for-illegal-uploading-of-anime-tv-drama-in-3-days

I guess if I were living in Japan and subtitling/hosting video files of TV shows, I'd want to be pretty careful, too.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

My friend linked me this weird video of a train trying to go through japanese women's cleavage, it was....

Anyway, apparently it belongs to a channel called Cool Japan, which is a bunch of subtitled and dubbed shows about Japan. If you can stand the women trying to make high-pitched anime voices they stream it online, you can find the info here

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Part 8 finally dropped. The gossip corner is maybe the best one they've ever done and the gang fight stunt section has some great stuff.

http://www.teamgaki.com/batsu-2015-part-8/

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Flameingblack posted:

My friend linked me this weird video of a train trying to go through japanese women's cleavage, it was....

Anyway, apparently it belongs to a channel called Cool Japan, which is a bunch of subtitled and dubbed shows about Japan. If you can stand the women trying to make high-pitched anime voices they stream it online, you can find the info here

This channel has a bunch of Cool Japan and other cheesy NHK stuff. My girlfriend and I have been really enjoying "Lunch On!"

It also has Himitsu no Kenmin, which owns.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoawRBfyvJAoUaM1Wdt1B8w

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Crotch Bat posted:

Part 8 finally dropped. The gossip corner is maybe the best one they've ever done and the gang fight stunt section has some great stuff.

http://www.teamgaki.com/batsu-2015-part-8/

Even in the gossip story segment, London Boots' Ryo can't betray his good guy nature, it seems. If you haven't seen it, they explored just how much of a good guy he is on an episode of London Hearts that guest starred Tanaka along with Miyasako and Yahagi Ken of OgiYahagi: http://j-hive.weebly.com/london-hearts-eng-subbed/london-hearts-mr-good-guy-tamura-ryo

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Begiragons just hit 100,000 subs on Youtube and will continue to make their challenge series. Pretty big point to them since just about 2 weeks ago they sent out a video saying how they were going to stop doing their challenge series and reformat the channel due to not meeting their goal of 100,000 subs in a year. However, the guys appeared on a REACT! video for the Fine Bros. and since they were easily the funniest commenters(due almost entirely to Megwin basically asking when a girl was going to get naked over and over and then getting naked himself) they got like 20,000+ subs in a short period of time and have decided to keep making videos. It's crazy to see the impact that big Youtube stars can have on little channels.

Pretty happy about this considering they put out great videos and the whole channel is subbed incredibly well.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG5WcKr4_m0 not mind/stomach/diet safe depending on your tolerance and workplace :v:

And there is a manwha (that was the Korean term right?) about this stuff, "I want to feed Yu Min"? I remember Boichi's amazing (and often photo-sourced) art really makes it. Food and enjoying it is serious business at least in one country.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 11, 2015

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
had an ID question, wondering if anyone knew what show I saw back in early 2000s, think it was NHK but I watched it on US tv. It was about Japanese high school students and the episode on had a girl who was trying to argue with the instructor that the way they were teaching English was wrong and nobody would be able to understand them and when she tried to take charge of the chalkboard I think she got physically restrained and beyond that I don't know, probably sent to principals. I think in the same show, they showed a "previously" or "next episode" thing and it had a teacher who was in the hospital because his students beat him up. Any clues?

I was always curious about how the English lesson was being taught

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The translators on reddit said the last part of Prison Batsu is going to be released tomorrow.

I guess I know what I'm spending my Sunday doing.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Last two parts are out!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I've read their writings but I cannot make sense out of it: What the gently caress happened? The usual of people signing promising everything then doing jackshit, having to quit the project one after another so that 2-3 people had to do 75% of the work and it taking forever?

Happy and thankful it's being done but the :wtf: cannot stop.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Is the audio for the 720p RAW just really bad, or is it me?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

I've read their writings but I cannot make sense out of it: What the gently caress happened? The usual of people signing promising everything then doing jackshit, having to quit the project one after another so that 2-3 people had to do 75% of the work and it taking forever?

Happy and thankful it's being done but the :wtf: cannot stop.

Yeah they divided each 30 minute video into 10 minute segments between six people (3 typesetting, 3 translating) which is a terrible idea considering how unreliable people seem to be with any translation project ever. For the last four/five parts the same thing kept happening where there'd be weeks of inactivity then one guy eventually comes in and does the whole video himself in like a day. I guess it's not right to complain but it's just kinda disappointing considering last years batsu was translated in like a month

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 18, 2015

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
It was a well intended effort to get it done even more quickly that ended terribly because of the unreliability of the internet.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

I guess it's not right to complain but it's just kinda disappointing considering last years batsu was translated in like a month

Late February.

Most of these have been finished in April-May at best. In fact all of them have except for EDF. When Shibata was solo translating these it took him till I think June or maybe July to finish. The older ones didn't get subbed until way, way after the fact(I think the second onsen one took 6-7 years to get full subs).

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 18, 2015

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

Grawl posted:

Is the audio for the 720p RAW just really bad, or is it me?
It's not just you, it's pretty bad for me too. I guess I'll start downloading all 27 parts of the 1080p release :suicide:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
My God, that was the best Chono bit they have ever done.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I hope soon they hand off the No Laughing series to their juniors, and let the old cast absolutely torture them. The series is becoming so formulaic now, the guys are getting older too. In my opinion the best ones were when there was someone controlling the Batsu game and they would just give everyone else total hell.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Flameingblack posted:

I hope soon they hand off the No Laughing series to their juniors, and let the old cast absolutely torture them. The series is becoming so formulaic now, the guys are getting older too. In my opinion the best ones were when there was someone controlling the Batsu game and they would just give everyone else total hell.

If that means I can see more of Hamada taking high speed superballs to the stomach, I am all for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

These dudes kill it every year