Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Crosspost from the running thread:

Dog dies after being kicked by a runner.

Loucks posted:

You've never been bitten by a lovely little untrained lap dog. I have, and it hurts like hell. Those tiny needle teeth go right into flesh. I'm not scared of them, but I'm definitely willing to stomp an off leash one if it approaches aggressively. I like dogs, but aggressive, off leash dogs are legally and morally fair game regardless of size.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
http://youtu.be/CO5tFO8lZ2A

In case it hasn't been mentioned yet.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

UoI posted:

Crosspost from the running thread:

Dog dies after being kicked by a runner.

:smith:

That comments section.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

That comments section.

Just run faster you stupid son of a bitch

e: Just wanted to say gentlemen, there's some drat fine dogs on the past three pages. I mean, there's drat fine dogs on every page, but still.

Rough Lobster fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 29, 2015

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
There's a weirdo air-force contractor dude in my parent's neighborhood that doesn't talk to anyone and has run the block daily for the past 15 years. I think last year a neighbor a few houses down had her dogs out and they're a bit bigger than lap dogs but not by much, and they came to say hello to him and he started kicking them. They both called the cops on each other, she got told to leash them, he got told to stay away from her, and there wasn't enough evidence to do anything else. He now always runs with a big stick in one hand and a gopro strapped to his chest.

What I'm getting at it is dogs rule runners drool, here's my brother's new pup Harmony, half lab & half GSD. Pic is a few weeks old and is the only good one I have of her because whenever I see her I am too busy giving lots of pets because she is the sweetest little puppy ever. Her ears are GSD at the base standing up a bit, and then they just flop in half like a Lab's halfway up now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's unfortunate to have to defend yourself against dogs, because all dogs are good, but sometimes it is necessary. About a year ago I was walking my brother's dog in the park, and three medium-sized dogs ran up to us and started nipping at him. I smacked one of them with a stick and they backed off. The owners were about a quarter of a mile down the trail, and when I yelled at them to get their dogs on a leash, they tried to tell me we were in a no-leash area (we were right next to a sign saying otherwise).

What I'm saying is that it's sometimes necessary to defend yourself against good dogs with bad owners.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Keep dogs on a leash. For their protection anyway. If a dog comes up to me, my instinct isn't to kick the animal. For some people it is, and for that reason I wouldn't allow a dog off leash around other people. Especially strangers.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

holocaust bloopers posted:

Keep dogs on a leash.

For reals.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
keep runners on a leash

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Helldump Immunity. posted:

keep runners on a leash

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Of course idiots need to leash most dogs but it's also lame that people think any dog running or even walking towards them with a goofy face and tongue and slobber hanging out is out for blood and they must defend themselves

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

gently caress runners

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Know you've probably all seen this but

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Know you've probably all seen this but

I keep watching these over and over, hoping that maybe, the next time around, he'll get catch something. :ohdear:

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Solution: get a nice doggie and go for runs with that dogge. The dogge will protect you.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Of course idiots need to leash most dogs but it's also lame that people think any dog running or even walking towards them with a goofy face and tongue and slobber hanging out is out for blood and they must defend themselves
gently caress other people; it's more for your dog's safety than anyone else's. Even if you and your dog are both good, chill folks, you should keep the leash on so that you can steer clear of other retards. When your dog is on a leash, you are in control of the situation; if you've trained your dog well, he/she knows this and will often stay calmer than if loose. I'm no dog whisperer, but my dog was that dog that loved to meet and greet and lick and hug and be the bestest friends with absolutely everyone... on a leash, however, he can't get too crazy. On a leash, he's a calm and polite dogge who will wait until it's okay to make more friends. :)

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

holocaust bloopers posted:

Keep dogs on a leash. For their protection anyway. If a dog comes up to me, my instinct isn't to kick the animal. For some people it is, and for that reason I wouldn't allow a dog off leash around other people. Especially strangers.

Even dog people can be bat poo poo insane about stray dogs:

quote:

I carry a hammer around if I've got my dogs out, because we've got -packs- of abandoned dogs that roam these bases. Just an ordinary, every day hammer with a nail pull on one side and a hammering head on the other. Smash an attacking dog in the face with either side as hard as you can and it's probably going to leave you alone as you've probably just broken part of it's muzzle. And you don't look like a nutcase because a hammer can pretty much fit in your pocket.

I don't really approve of hurting any critter, but if it comes at me/people in my care/animals in my care, it's go time.

Alternatively, if it's already got ahold of you, all you have to do is grab it's throat and squeeze as hard as you can. You cut off it's air, that dog is backing off. In my experience, anyway.

Since you're trying to hurt the dog as little as possible, smack it gentler with the hammer.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
OR JUST CARRY MACE gently caress PEOPLE ARE STUPID

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
The only way to stop a bad guy with a nail hammer is a good guy with a nail hammer.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
You guys ever catch yourself just staring at your dog and thinking it was the best decision you've ever made? I find myself doing that a lot.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If you don't jump in the middle of dogges fighting and show you're not a baby and take a few bites breaking it up you're a bitch. :colbert:

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

You guys ever catch yourself just staring at your dog and thinking it was the best decision you've ever made? I find myself doing that a lot.

No, but I looked at my dogs just now and I got the best feeling.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Dog is man's best friend, but what measure of a friend is man?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

WarpedNaba posted:

pettes

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

WarpedNaba posted:

man can only hope to own as hard as dog

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
if i owned a dog i'd pet it a lot :unsmith:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

http://youtu.be/y5FTgBdlD84

Dare you to try not to smile at 3:05

brb donating money

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I just had a dogge over, housesitting for a friend while he went to Hobbiton. Big fellah, liked his walks, would jump on my bed and crush me half to death, loved getting a good scratching. Especially that little spot near the base of the tail that makes them squint and start reflexively pumping their back legs. Affectionate dogge.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
My dogge is a scrappy pit mix who grew up wrestling with his giant dog bro.

He loves all people. He hates introductions to dogs. A nice long side by side walk and he will be chill with them, but a face to face greeting like on a walk turns snippy. He is also really protective.

I will kick any off leash dog that attempts to approach him when he is getting his walks. We don't take him to dog parks, we walk him in leash only areas.

It's not their fault their owners are awful, but you can bet their lovely Chihuahua mix isn't going to get put down in this situation when my pup wrecks it. I'd rather take the heat than him.

Seriously though, aside from rough introductions he is the best dogge ever and gets all the pets from everyone.

So vicious!

Laranzu fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 30, 2015

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

http://youtu.be/y5FTgBdlD84

Dare you to try not to smile at 3:05

brb donating money

D'awwwwww! Happy endings are the best.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

EBB fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Mar 30, 2015

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Lmao. These dogges own

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

if you have a long haired dogge and you haven't done this during their bath, you are doing it wrong.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1rZzG5YfnU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Xj6hvnz80

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Some good stuff in the PYF dog pic thread

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
Here's two pictures of Gee from the day I proposed to my fiancee. I surprised her, but the photographer knew what was up. Anyway she's not in either of these pictures. These pictures are of Gee (clearly). But that's why Gee is wearing the little suit.

My fiancee and I are planning on either loading delicate baskets full of petals on Gee's back and then have her come charging down the aisle spraying flower petals all along (as the flower girl) or have her bring me the rings in a similar - but more stable- fashion. Does GiP have an opinion?

I don't mind that she eats her own poop. That's just a dog thing. I kind of wish she'd stop pooping before she started it though.

As a bonus, here is the wallpaper I had for my laptop for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
http://i.imgur.com/EJd55KN.webm