Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Keane if you can come up with a real legitimate argument about why I'm scum, I'll vote myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Players who have claimed not-town and have the ability to communicate OOT have a history of lies and clumsy stories that don't add up, including a cop claim on a guy who was already headed towards a dunk.

"Masons" and the rest implies you belive them at face value. We don't know that.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Keane if you can come up with a real legitimate argument about why I'm scum, I'll vote myself.

You lied, I know you lied, and I suspect you are lying about much, much more.

That's enough for me.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Keane is scum. He's not scum-hunting; he's lynch-hunting by going after the easiest targets in the thread for terrible reasons. The cop claim lie he's upset about is something that town players shouldn't have a problem with, as misdirection to protect a town power role is one of the few good examples of town dishonesty. When I asked how this lie makes the masons scum his response is gut, aka he can't explain his position with an argument. It's bullshit. Yesterday his play was to vote numerik for having an extra win condition and then vote the masons for not being town-aligned. Keane didn't vote for Jedit even to seal a lynch and the sum of his content is "the masons are scum!"

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Oh he did vote Jedit how did I miss that one :(

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

The Ninth Layer posted:

Oh he did vote Jedit how did I miss that one :(

I WAS GOING TO SAY.

I stand by my play.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

a worthy uhh posted:

Players who have claimed not-town and have the ability to communicate OOT have a history of lies and clumsy stories that don't add up, including a cop claim on a guy who was already headed towards a dunk.

"Masons" and the rest implies you belive them at face value. We don't know that.

They also have a history of being town players who have an extra win condition such as "kill all the scum and have one surviving member" or "kill all scum and keep a VIP alive."

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote Quandary

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The Ninth Layer posted:

They also have a history of being town players who have an extra win condition such as "kill all the scum and have one surviving member" or "kill all scum and keep a VIP alive."

What? How do 'they have a history of being town players...'

Do you mean that those roles existed in other games?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

What are you implying here?

I'm not implying anything, I'm saying TNL seems super defensive and worried about what you guys are going to flip

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

a worthy uhh posted:

What? How do 'they have a history of being town players...'

Do you mean that those roles existed in other games?

Yeah, isn't that what you're talking about?

Every time I've seen players claim town+ masons with a separate faction name they've turned out to be telling the truth. I can think of one exception in an Ecco game but that involved an alignment change.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Opopanax posted:

I'm not implying anything, I'm saying TNL seems super defensive and worried about what you guys are going to flip

You're obviously implying something about me.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Yes, you're implying something.

Speculate on why TNL might be defensive, please.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No, you're not 3 years old, you can make the logical leaps yourself. I don't want to tie two unflipped players together yet, I'm just saying if Narco flips anything other than we've been told I am absolutely coming for TNL

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Are you "not implying anything" or are you saying that your thought process is so obvious that you shouldn't have to spell it out?

Don't poo poo and run. If you have a read, you should explain it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

What more can I possibly say about it? You're grasping at straws here.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yeah, isn't that what you're talking about?

Every time I've seen players claim town+ masons with a separate faction name they've turned out to be telling the truth. I can think of one exception in an Ecco game but that involved an alignment change.

Your phrasing is really awkward.

"They" in my post was PMom and Narco.

So you said, basically, "PMom and Narco have a history of being town players with blah blah".

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

a worthy uhh posted:

Your phrasing is really awkward.

"They" in my post was PMom and Narco.

So you said, basically, "PMom and Narco have a history of being town players with blah blah".

WAS IT A SCUMSLIP

I am racking my brain here

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I'll claim since I'm at minus a couple and deadline is tomorrow.

My flavor name is Quales Respueta, I'm a town aligned hider. I can choose to hide at night, but can't hide consecutive nights, and while hiding not only do night actions not affect me, but also I'm told for what purpose I was visited (but unfortunately not who visited). This is why I know the mason crew is lying - I received only one visit last night and it was a roleblock attempt, not a cop attempt as they've claimed. Moreover, the flavor I was given was creepy as poo poo and sounded extremely anti-town- whoever tried to roleblock me went outside of my house and started chanting, making me feel compelled to stay indoors for the night. Mason crew is straight up lying about their night actions - I was not targeted with a cop last night, if any of them targeted me at all it was to roleblock me.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
AnonNarco, P-Mom, and Merk have been lying all drat game about their roles and are undoubtedly anti-town.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hmmm. Yep. Gonna need to sleep on that one.

##unvote

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:allears:

You're claiming hider/pseudo-cop pseudo-self-watcher?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Here's my issue.

For as much as I do not believe PMom/Narc, something feels off about that claim. Maybe it's differing playstyles, but if I had a night result which countered the cop claim on me, I'd be screaming it from the mountaintops, not "Oh I'll post later" and fullclaiming in one shot.

##unvote

I want everyone to get on the record with an opinion on PMom/Narc and Quandary. I think it'd be useful information long term.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

That unvote was not because I do not want Q lynched but more to prevent a hammer too soon. I will revote.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

And I just realized I was voting Narc not Q, but whatever.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm inclined to believe that PMom and Narc are 3P but I don't believe them when they say they're benign and I don't think they're actions have proven them to be benign either, why would the be covering for themselves so much if they were sincere?

Merk is right though, Quandary's flip would prove their innocence. At this point I feel Quandary is the scummiest player. I don't think they've been following along because we've all pretty much refrained from voting them to hear their defense and what we got in response was a bit lacking. We didn't get one and again the brief communication feels like what Ernie mentioned earlier about OOT communication, it feels like they're getting quick re-caps of the game from other players. The claim itself is all sorts of strange, but it seems that's not all that uncommon in an Ecco game. I don't like their use of a flavor defense either because that really amounts to very little. I'd be satisfied with one execution today be and I probably won't look for more until after the flip barring some extraordinary circumstances.

I think Quandary's back at -2. If there's a general consensus to move on I'd be fine laying down my vote.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Current vote count

Quandary (8): Ernie, imgay, LM, MiR,
PMom, Cpig, QPQ, merk, Anonarco , -PMom, -MiR, -imgay, Amoeba, PMom, -CPig, chaoslord, TNL, -chaoslord

AnonymousNarcotics (4): Somber, -Somber, Keane, MiR, Opopanax, Quandary, CPig -MiR

a worthy uhh/Me in Reverse (1): PMom, -PMom, imgay

Somberbrero (0): PMom, -PMom

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Something that has been bothering me that I want to explicitly ask right now.

Pinterest Mom, when you were defending Ernie's 3p claim early on, and you posted that 3P was not necessarily anti-town, are you now claiming (like you did back then) that you thought you were 100% town, no 3P, nothing, at that point?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Opopanax posted:

I think TNL really doesn't want them lynched but I am not sure that I believe he's "worried about what they are going to flip"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

a worthy uhh posted:

Pinterest Mom, when you were defending Ernie's 3p claim early on, and you posted that 3P was not necessarily anti-town, are you now claiming (like you did back then) that you thought you were 100% town, no 3P, nothing, at that point?

Yeah, I learned I'm 3p at the same time the thread did.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Quandary is lying. I'm not going to claim to explain why.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

merk posted:

Quandary is lying. I'm not going to claim to explain why.

I think Narc did that for you :mmmsmug:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

a worthy uhh posted:

I think Narc did that for you :mmmsmug:

Nope

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Also, what a scummy post

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

##vote Quandary We need to get a move on and nothing new is coming up.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

a worthy uhh posted:

Actually, why did you ask this? It was pretty obvious what the answer would be. Why has it been "bothering" you?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pinterest Mom posted:

Actually, why did you ask this? It was pretty obvious what the answer would be. Why has it been "bothering" you?

Because you have lied more than once, and never addressed my callout after you eventually claimed 3P

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

merk posted:

Also, what a scummy post

Yeah, definitely scummy, not sarcastic or mocking your stupid scumbuddies

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

a worthy uhh posted:

Because you have lied more than once, and never addressed my callout after you eventually claimed 3P

And basically, me not believing that you haven't always known you were 3P is a very important part of my beliefs RE: you so I wanted to get actual explicit confirmation of your claim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm going to vote out Keane and a worthy uhh in lights out, probably starting with a worthy uhh.

• Locked thread