Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

everythingWasBees posted:

They all have more or less the same face with very minor eyelash or eyebrow variation but it actually looks alright. Digimon are incredibly cute as well. I'm excited.

Palmon looks like she's about to start going "yip yip yip yip yip uuuuhuuuuuh" though. :palmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Eggs hatched, we got cast and Butter-fly and Brave Heart are in the series.

Love how goofy the digimons look :3:

i hope kari's face is stuck like :yayclod: for the entire series

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

forbidden lesbian posted:

i hope kari's face is stuck like :yayclod: for the entire series

I'm curious about TK's :geno: face myself, he just looks so awkward in both of the pictures and that has me intrigued.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

everythingWasBees posted:

They all have more or less the same face with very minor eyelash or eyebrow variation but it actually looks alright. Digimon are incredibly cute as well. I'm excited.

I have to admit, the style really flatters the two boys with spiky anime hair and is not so great for anybody else.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I like their designs and Biyomon and Gatomon are insanely cute.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It looks better than Digimon ever has (also watch Cencoroll and Tsuritama).

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
UK Netflix has Digimon Fusion so you can sit back and witness the whiteness that is Vic Mignogna voicing basically Kaiba and like a million rookies.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

nine-gear crow posted:

That episode was Chiaki Konaka's baby. The exact details are still kind of sketchy, but he penned that episode on the promise that it would eventually get a follow up episode or mini arc in the later season, but because 02 was a slapdash mess of Too Many Cooks and Toei Animation internal politics at their scummiest, the followup episodes never materialized. It burned Konaka so much (because he was a huge fan of the franchise already), that when a third season of the show was greenlit, Konaka went to the Toei brass and asked to be the showrunner for it so he could have sole editorial control over its story. And because you don't say no to Chiaki "I did Serial Experiments Lain, Giant Robo, no not that Giant Robo, Hellsing and The Big O, what have you chucklefucks done?" Konaka, that was how we subsequently got Tamers.

tl;dr: Post-Digital World Tamers your Dark Ocean follow up episode.

Thank you for clearing up a question I've had for years now. Now a new one: do we actually have a release date on tri yet? I thought it was supposed to be sometime this month, but I can't figure out where I got that from.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

zimbomonkey posted:

Thank you for clearing up a question I've had for years now. Now a new one: do we actually have a release date on tri yet? I thought it was supposed to be sometime this month, but I can't figure out where I got that from.

I have no idea where you got that from either, but it's not right, it starts next month, though we don't have a specific day yet.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

ConanThe3rd posted:

UK Netflix has Digimon Fusion so you can sit back and witness the whiteness that is Vic Mignogna voicing basically Kaiba and like a million rookies.

Vic Mignogna playing Kiriha just reminds me randomly that the Japanese voice actor for Kaiba played a dude who was basically evil space soccer Kaiba in Inazuma Eleven. Every one of his scenes was a wonderful :allears: experience for me because he really was Kaiba-ing it up.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Crossposting from the Vita thread

IAD posted:

The game is really good man, just got done playing it for 7 hours straight.

It manages to capture all the addictive elements of Pokemon with a nice dash of SMT thrown in while still being it's own thing.

And we got the piece of poo poo that is Digimon All Star Rumble:negative:

I think I might import the game.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Is that ever coming out in the US? Or is that a confirmed no

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

zimbomonkey posted:

Is that ever coming out in the US? Or is that a confirmed no

It's not confirmed, but considering no Digimon game has actually left Japan in years, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

You'd think they could throw a third-rate text translation in there and give us it digital-only. Works for the Warriors series they license to Koei, and Tales too if Hearts R means anything.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
In the meantime, a subbed playthrough is going up on Youtube, so for those who can't wait, there's that.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Kurui Reiten posted:

You'd think they could throw a third-rate text translation in there and give us it digital-only. Works for the Warriors series they license to Koei, and Tales too if Hearts R means anything.

Cyber Sleuth is also selling really well in Japan. Honestly I'm all aboard with Bandai-Namco going Subs only, digital download assuming we actually get the game at all.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Has any fan Digimon game translation actually finished? I know there's a Lost Evolution one that's been "almost done" for the last 2 years but I haven't really been paying attention to other ones.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
Just saw :palmon: in the smilies. Thanks to whoever bought it!! Gotta say I think I'll miss the giant feet and inexplicable Glove Fashion, but I'm kinda digging the simplistic same face. We'll see how long that lasts. My favourite parts of Adventure and 02 have always been Mimi's expressions so we'll see if that can be translated to this style.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

dis astranagant posted:

Has any fan Digimon game translation actually finished? I know there's a Lost Evolution one that's been "almost done" for the last 2 years but I haven't really been paying attention to other ones.

There's one for Re:digitize on the PSP that's also Almost Done, but they've been Almost Done for only 6 months now and actually provide occasional status updates.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
So apparently Tri comes out in April. I had just assumed it was scheduled for August 1st. I'm so hype.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

vivisecting posted:

So apparently Tri comes out in April. I had just assumed it was scheduled for August 1st. I'm so hype.

August 1st makes so much sense, but I'm super happy they didn't do that.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I wonder about that April date though. I mean, April is in three days and we still don't have an actual release date. I guess it's nothing to be scared about, but I do wonder if it won't get pushed back.

Also four anime I watched just ended so I could totally use this starting. C'mon Toei, start it this week, it'll be fun.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Yeah - I just spent the past 20 minutes looking for a release date other than "April 2015." After watching Shirobako this makes me very worried lmao. We should have at least a pv other than some silhouettes with the Bolero in the background. Right??

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So who is subbing this show?

Will Crunchyroll pick it up, or...?

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Burkion posted:

I hope so. Do people still use irc to download anime? I guess NOWADAYS you could use twitter to follow your favourite subbers and torrent the episode when they tweet its out. Or is that too optimistic? Please don't tell me I have to do irc again.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Burkion posted:

So who is subbing this show?

As long as it isn't Ryuu-Rogue...

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

mikeycp posted:

As long as it isn't Ryuu-Rogue...

I'm sure the good folks at SubDesu won't let you down!

But seriously, what's wrong with Ryuu-Rogue?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I never noticed anything wrong with RyRo's subs for Inazuma Eleven and GO, although someone here had a problem with the subs saying "shoot" when they mean shot. Did they do those colorful karaoke subs for attack names for their other stuff?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Strange Quark posted:

I'm sure the good folks at SubDesu won't let you down!

But seriously, what's wrong with Ryuu-Rogue?

Maybe they got better (I don't remember too much about the Inazuma subs), but in their Adventure subs they leave enough stuff untranslated (also honorifics) and their share of unnatural sounding English to really irk me.

e: I realize it's more my taste in translation style than anything else.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

mikeycp posted:

Maybe they got better (I don't remember too much about the Inazuma subs), but in their Adventure subs they leave enough stuff untranslated (also honorifics) and their share of unnatural sounding English to really irk me.

e: I realize it's more my taste in translation style than anything else.

No, I agree with you. They kept honorifics and sibling terminology intact and chunks of the text were really awkwardly worded.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

April is going to be a good month.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

No, I agree with you. They kept honorifics and sibling terminology intact and chunks of the text were really awkwardly worded.

My main issue is them going full tilt "keikaku means plan" with attack names.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
This is kind of a perfect combo:

Do we have any real confirmation the release is in April?

vivisecting posted:

I hope so. Do people still use irc to download anime? I guess NOWADAYS you could use twitter to follow your favourite subbers and torrent the episode when they tweet its out. Or is that too optimistic? Please don't tell me I have to do irc again.

While I have no idea myself since I haven't used fansubs since I was 13, I imagine they wouldn't use twitter since that's a big, flashing, red sign to the content holders.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Covok posted:

While I have no idea myself since I haven't used fansubs since I was 13, I imagine they wouldn't use twitter since that's a big, flashing, red sign to the content holders.

Over-Time, a Super Sentai/Kamen Rider fansubbing group appears to have a Twitter account.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Covok posted:

Do we have any real confirmation the release is in April?
From the English announcement last august: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVnqtcBcsPo It says spring 2015, the spring anime season starts in April.

Covok posted:

I thought about that briefly, but its also really easy to just type in "[anime] subs" and find them that way. They wouldn't need to use twitter.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

mikeycp posted:

My main issue is them going full tilt "keikaku means plan" with attack names.

Ryuu-Rogue did the same thing in Inazuma Eleven as well, though they were curiously inconsistent with it. They refused to translate more than a few moves (Though I admit Inazuma Eleven had some finicky mouthfuls that were hard to localize sensibly), but then they stayed the course at keeping "Avatar" translated instead of staying "Keshin" like more or less the entire fandom. IE's subs also has the usual sort of stodgy dialogue and awkward phrases you see when a fansub group is focused on translating to the letter and not the spirit of the original script. Also I'm a complete novice at these things and more than likely wrong, but I'd swear that their given translation for Shinkuuma isn't right and since I love that move it bugs me.

Also Ryuu-Rogue took a year to sub a single episode, so even if they picked up Tri I suspect someone else would beat them to the punch.

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 30, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
And then there's Commie who will a) Shove random bullshit into opening karaoke (see if their work on SAO II is uploaded to youtube, that's where I saw it) and b) Will arbitrarily translate things where a given translation has been agreed upon ("Mini-Usa")

Granted, both of those are subs of available in US shows (and UK in the case of SAO) but illegal bad subbing is still bad subbing.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 30, 2015

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Some Numbers posted:

Over-Time, a Super Sentai/Kamen Rider fansubbing group appears to have a Twitter account.

Literally every toku sub group thats been around for a minute and didn't give up after three episodes has a Twitter.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Literally The Worst posted:

Literally every toku sub group thats been around for a minute and didn't give up after three episodes has a Twitter.

Mostly because unlike anime, Toku series are very unlikely to ever come out here. So Toei/Toho/ Whoever couldn't give a poo poo. Fansubs help more than hurt for toku, it spurs the fans to buy the toys and what not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

I just thought of something really scary.

What if... if it's just an ova? :ohdear: