Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

Poison Mushroom posted:

Actually, it kind of totally does!

##vote King Burgundy

Why on earth would this be a good idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I got bored again half way through P15.

I think we know who the best choices are. Kill Rarity and move on from there.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

TheRam posted:

Alright, consolidating what I thought in my big post into reads.

TOWN
CPig (reallly I feel like ???? at all times but I do think he's town)
DHD
Hal (hard bus if scum imo)
MT
WM

NEUTRAL/???????
Exact (scum or kind of a sweetie tbh)
KB (smart scum or kind of a sweetie)
Poison (closer to scum than others)

SCUM PICKS (ordered most to least)
Rarity (not sure between rarity viva, but I think rarity pips it)
Viva
Max (very very awkward over all, shows intellect, has an pretty intellectual scum game imo)

I'm more suspicious of exact, but otherwise this pretty well sums up my opinions.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Having reread Viva, Rarity and Max my first preference is still to vote Exact. I think of the other 3 I am more inclined to vote Rarity. With a scum buddy in the firing line I think a scum-Viva would have voted the other candidate to take pressure off Opop. Max I'm feeling more neutral on.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
##vote Exakt :henget:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

##vote Exakt :henget:

Why? Why do you think Exact is scum?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Why? Why do you think Exact is scum?

Rarity posted:

This post makes me think Exakt is scum but I can't really explain why cause it's all ~*gut and meta*~

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

It's D2. Is that the best case you've got against anyone in the game?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

It's D2. Is that the best case you've got against anyone in the game?

:henget:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##unvote

I don't like Rarity's vote and I'm not leaving mine on the same player overnight.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

##unvote

Hey, don't get invovled with a scam, it will take up your whole day.

For now, here's what I wrote in my will on VN:

My Will posted:

VN. I would take a long hard look at VN. The situation near the end of Day1 could have actually swung away from Opop and instead gone to someone else. VN's case, while I agree with it, could have been a very well constructed attempt at stopping the Opop train.

I also made fun of myself for being so very, very wrong about Opop. Anyway, the split push for WM pretty much clears WM for me at the moment.

I'll lay down a vote when I've caught up.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

These posts were all within 6 hours of Diqnol casing Opop, and all of them basically ignored it to make weak pitches on other people. So to you three: When you guys made these cases, had you not read the Diq/Opop interaction yet or did you not think it was significant? And was there something specifically that made you think "joke" over "lie"?

Saw this question,

I know I was a bit proponent of pushing PMush for their joke early, and yet seemingly gave Opop a pass on this interaction. That's mostly because I saw someone push the narrative of Opop confirming a PM on him, instead of him outright claiming that they had a PM to start with.

This was, obviously, quite wrong and I slapped myself in the face when I saw the flip.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TheRam posted:

How do you feel about Max voting me?

FYI, I voted you because your constant calls that you were going to participate and then not following up bothered me. Especially when you made a giant effortpost in a different game where the deadline was not approaching, instead of participating in this one. That was more meta than anything else, but it was worrisome because it's a move I've done as scum before. Then you followed up by starting day 2 with saying that you hadn't actually read anything yet, and I was tired, so I just shot that out there and went to bed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Coming back to this, that isn't the worst offense compared to others, so there's no point in voting you at the moment.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Soooooo at the moment, I want to vote VN.

##vote VN

This is mostly based on my feelings yesterday.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm, didn't go through

##vote VivaNova

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

You can use pseudonyms or w/e but you have to go through to votefinder and register them as a vote.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

For example

##vote anusbreath

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

now if people vote anusbreath they vote you, max.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Second one took, so I'll just stick with that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's rude.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

haha it's cool, I'm just kidding

to be honest I wasn't expecting my catchup in the other thread to take something stupid like 2 hours, and I didn't intend to cause a swingvote because opop was obviously scum

##vote rarity

both rarity and VN are good lynches, town are ahead and they look so bad it's hard to not just want to ride them and not care about much else

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rarity is a good one too. The only thing stopping me is the odds of another Rarity scum, since she was in the Golgatha game. But that's pointless meta and not a real defense. I'd go with either.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Max posted:

Rarity is a good one too. The only thing stopping me is the odds of another Rarity scum, since she was in the Golgatha game. But that's pointless meta and not a real defense. I'd go with either.

Yeah that's completely the gambler's fallacy lol.

I'm on my lunch break at work and am going to be doing some moving later, but as soon as I can, I will make some effort posts :)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, I remember the days when Spoons was the best choice day 1 just because he had the worst luck.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Hah, I wasn't trying to impress anyone with that image! When people ask me technical questions I've found that they usually respond better to screenshots with boxes/circles/arrows than they do to ordered lists. I just happened to see three different things on one page that felt shady so was taking a shortcut. :)

VIVANOVA

VivaNova, defending Opop posted:

You are arguing that Opop made a scum slip, then came back a day later and made the same exact scumslip! Which is gloriously ridiculous if true, but is it really likely?? I'm want it to be, but lean no.

1. Early ~scumslip~ : Dumb. Anyone voting Opop solely for this reason is likewise dumb. Thinking of MT, DHD and TheRam here since Hal and Diq at least backed their thoughts up. Maybe PM.

Oops!

Everything I've said earlier on the others applies here; I don't feel the need to repeat myself in-depth but assume I find anyone who thought Opop's slip was a joke to be suspicious.

VivaNova posted:

D1: Yes, I said Opop or WM in a post a few hours ago.

D2: Ok, everything else I have to say is about Exact Science- MT's case on him, his case on me, very probably my case on him. You will need to wait until tomorrow evening for serious casing/effort, but if you have specific questions I can try to answer before then.

What happened to your case on WM?

VivaNova posted:

I just noticed the deadline is Monday, not Tuesday as I had assumed. This is not ideal, but ##vote Exact.

Read his posts before the end of D1, he's trying to salvage the situation by setting up today's lynch.
Read FV's case on him.
Read his case on me on the last page. Everything he quotes has a perfectly logical non-scum response, but he's not interested in hearing my interpretation of events - he's tunnel visioned into interpreting everything I posted this game as a scumtell. Cause his decision is obviously made up and he's (over)manufacturing evidence. He's scum and he has obvious reasons to pick me to case, but there's no great evidence against me and he's scrambling to act like there is. I feel more strongly about this vote than almost any other one I can remember. Please reread him and consider this.

preview: drat, ram

This feels scummy to me. Viva is focusing on her conclusions rather than the process to get there.

I was going to case Max but I don't have him in the same tier as Rarity/Viva/EXAKT at the moment so I feel like it would make more sense to wait on it. Off the top of my head I lean ##vote Rarity (her vote on EXAKT and subsequent disappearance is scummy whereas EXAKT/Viva casing each other makes me think one is town) but I'll be around later tonight for more discussions.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

One other thing while it's on my mind - I've noticed that my main weakness as of late has been identifying and casing lurker scum. In an effort to not keep repeating the same mistakes:

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm trying the opposite approach this time, flying rear end-first into whatever whims or feelings I've got and taking the game as seriously as a game should be taken. We'll see how it works!

CapitalistPig posted:

Sorry you rolled scum viva.

##vote viva

wall monitor posted:

Lemme try to put together something more substantial than gut.

PMush, CPig, WM - why do you think the people you think are scum are scum? What stands out the most right now to you?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Murmur Twin posted:

What happened to your case on WM?

It was a decent case for D1. I have a better one for D2.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rarity posted:

I'm busy making my mixtape for Byers's game, my push on WM looks to have stalled so ##vote Opop, see ya tomorrow

So this is the one thing that makes me not want to vote Rarity today for today over VN. I feel like WM was still a possibility as an alternative lynch candidate when Rarity switched their vote. This vote pretty much sealed Opop's fate at this point, beyond a doubt, and I'm not sure scum would have made that switch.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Max posted:

I feel like WM was still a possibility as an alternative lynch candidate when Rarity switched their vote. This vote pretty much sealed Opop's fate at this point, beyond a doubt, and I'm not sure scum would have made that switch.
fwiw I felt certain he was going down before then. There were at least 2 people hanging around who weren't voting him based on Ram's request.

Murmur Twin posted:

One other thing while it's on my mind - I've noticed that my main weakness as of late has been identifying and casing lurker scum.
This is an honorable post.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Murmur Twin posted:

PMush, CPig, WM - why do you think the people you think are scum are scum? What stands out the most right now to you?

Because I see that she is posting as scum would post, the post I quoted directly in my vote for her was the one that pinged me the hardest (lol)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Of all the lurkers, I think CPig is closest to town. But we all know what my opinion counts for.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Rarity

How rude

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

Because I see that she is posting as scum would post, the post I quoted directly in my vote for her was the one that pinged me the hardest (lol)

So you read EXAKT's posts around the lynch yesterday and thought "yup. that guy is posting as town would post."?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Rarity posted:

How rude
All the votes on us are rude. Is it cause we're too pretty?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

VivaNova posted:

So you read EXAKT's posts around the lynch yesterday and thought "yup. that guy is posting as town would post."?

Well, to be fair Ive barely read anything.

Ill look back at exakt when I get a chance (probably after work because Im on my last break now)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

VivaNova posted:

All the votes on us are rude. Is it cause we're too pretty?

Pretty scummy! :boom:

(I'd like to put it out there that I like all of Rarity, EXAKT, and Vivanova as people and it's only a game and blah blah blah you guys know how I roll)

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

One other thing while it's on my mind - I've noticed that my main weakness as of late has been identifying and casing lurker scum. In an effort to not keep repeating the same mistakes:

I'm off work and I've got little going on tonight. Let me see if I can actually participate in this game now :v:

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Doing reads on three random posters...

fiery_valkyrie posted:

##unvote

I don't like Rarity's vote and I'm not leaving mine on the same player overnight.

Fiery I (still) think is scummy. Most of his D2 reads as lukewarm. I may be biased because of D1 though.

DuckHuntDog posted:

I have been a bit lurky, but I am never a high volume poster.

Rarity has been a bit white noise to me this game, but rereading her she was one of the big pushes behind WM over Opop D1 and avoided talking much about Opop other than dismissing the slip while admonishing him. She is also doing a LOT of the asking other players questions about third party alignments, which overused like is a good way to look like you are playing as scum. I could see her as scum.

Max I talked a bit about yesterday, and he got really defensive about me mentioning him. His post count/content ratio is high enough that it is really hard to read him as well. I would probably vote Max, but not over Hal/Rarity.

DHD I'm not sure about, maybe town? The posts he's made seem sincere to me at least.

King Burgundy posted:

I don't want to put you back on your back foot and make you flee the thread again. But I still think its possible you are scum. I just think the more likely scum right now is Rarity.

KB is being pretty reasonable here, and I still don't quite get the logic that's suddenly put me from 'backup lynch choice' to 'all but confirmed town' overnight. I appreciate not being thought of as scum but at the same time I kind of wonder if people are abandoning ship on me because they know it'll blow up in their faces when I flip town.

(My point here being that I think KB is town)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Taking requests, anyone I should read hard into next

• Locked thread