Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Opopanax posted:

##vote opop TUR-BO TUR-BO TUR-BO

im ok with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Why not sounds like fun ##vote Opop

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Naw

##vote MCED Awkward responses.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
boo

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
Confirmed

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

There is a turbo lunch option so popular, the candidate is self voting? Is something wrong with Opop's software?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Orvin posted:

There is a turbo lunch option so popular, the candidate is self voting? Is something wrong with Opop's software?

No he's just being a goof.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i'm liking these Ramones songs. I can really get behind the music even though vocally it sounds like they all have mouths full of marshmallows.

don't turbo opop don't be dumb

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Poque what's wrong?

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Poque posted:

i'm liking these Ramones songs. I can really get behind the music even though vocally it sounds like they all have mouths full of marshmallows.

don't turbo opop don't be dumb

I dont trust your avatar one bit.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Five posted:

I dont trust your avatar one bit.

Jeffrey it's me, your friend, the Dean!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Poque what's wrong?

i just found out that dee dee ramone isn't actually a girl

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Poque posted:

Jeffrey it's me, your friend, the Dean!

i just found out that dee dee ramone isn't actually a girl

No but I mean, serious post here. Why were you concerned about an opop turbo?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Because it's dumb. With 17 in a game we could actually get enough d1 chat to make a better decision than just a turbo.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Bring me olives, Poque.

To me, day 1 has always been useless joking and empty posts so people can raise their post count to avoid suspicion. That being said, I don't play this often. Have there been any games with good day 1 discussions not borne from a stupid scum mistake?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Poque posted:

Because it's dumb. With 17 in a game we could actually get enough d1 chat to make a better decision than just a turbo.

Obviously. We could get enough d1 chat with any number of players. Opop was at -6 and one of the votes he had was a self vote. There was no real risk there at all.

On another level, don't you love turbos?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Here's my contribution to the D1 conversation. I am a robot. Let's find those fleshy beings and destroy them before they figure out how to short circuit us!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

CommaToes posted:

Bring me olives, Poque.

To me, day 1 has always been useless joking and empty posts so people can raise their post count to avoid suspicion. That being said, I don't play this often. Have there been any games with good day 1 discussions not borne from a stupid scum mistake?

usually you're right. but I was in a couple games recently (The Breach and The Kill) that both had really good D1 discussion, especially The Breach. it's not common but it's not rare. you might find 3 games of its kind in a booster pack of 13.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Obviously. We could get enough d1 chat with any number of players. Opop was at -6 and one of the votes he had was a self vote. There was no real risk there at all.

On another level, don't you love turbos?

I didn't look at votefinder, I just saw a bunch of votes and then somebody was like "oh is this common" so I responded. also turbos can be fun but they're only fun when they're against somebody who is vehemently anti-turbo.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CommaToes posted:

Bring me olives, Poque.

Yes, generally the camp is sort of split but for the people who actually talk on d1, there's a lot to get out.

I've always said that the biggest benefit to talking a lot in D1 is that it gives a stronger base to d2 discussions.

Also, almost all reads come from scum mistakes, that's the nature of the game. You aren't going to spot scum mistakes if you don't give them a chance to make them though.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Here's my contribution to the D1 conversation. I am a robot. Let's find those fleshy beings and destroy them before they figure out how to short circuit us!

Do you think Poque is being genuine here?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Confirming that I got my PM and will play the game later.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i'm very genuine. even more genuine than ginuwine.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Actually impossible.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It's VERY possible. he's very disinginuwous.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Good god I hate myself for that

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Most of the games I've moderated have ended in a day one/night one scum death, usually due to good discussion.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Poque posted:

It's VERY possible. he's very disinginuwous.

That is terrible and deserves a vote.

##vote Poque

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Do you think Poque is being genuine here?

Why not? I have no meta on Poque and I agree that turbos are stupid.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I used to be really meh on D1 but I think it depends on game size and players. I think if we tried we have a chance to hit scum.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Epsilon Plus posted:

I used to be really meh on D1 but I think it depends on game size and players. I think if we tried we have a chance to hit scum.

Yeah, this is about right. It's absolutely a crapshoot but it can turn good if people are willing to put in the effort. I mean, this thread has four pages, and here on page four it has it's first serious posts. We just need a couple of people to be willing to put reads out there and we are on our way to h. For instance,

Somberbrero posted:

Naw

##vote MCED Awkward responses.

Somber, what responses in particular struck out to you as awkward? Has it just been everything from them or what?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
He just seems overly engaged and a bit self-conscious about his vote on me. Not a slam-dunk but I feel comfortable voting on it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
MCED's posts seem natural to me

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
If anybody is overly-engaged it's MMM but there's nothing scummy about it. It's just drumming up discussion. If anything MC ED is not engaged enough just due to too much ramonechat, which is natural. i'm not going to fault somebody for being artificially "not engaged enough" on page 4 of a game

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
it's unfortunate but in most games you can't skip ahead past the number of existing pages, so many of us try to generate content in order to increase pagecount manually.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
just filler post like me

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Somberbrero posted:

it's unfortunate but in most games you can't skip ahead past the number of existing pages, so many of us try to generate content in order to increase pagecount manually.

I don't follow

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

HiipFire posted:

ok I just would like to apologize beforehand that I might start confusing people's names in the next couple days cause I turned off avatars so yeah

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hiipfire just AdBlock your avatar.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Somberbrero posted:

Hiipfire just AdBlock your avatar.

this is an amazing idea thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

Most of the games I've moderated have ended in a day one/night one scum death, usually due to good discussion.

D1 scum deaths are actually almost always bad in the long wrong. You lose the interactions and they may as well have been 3P

• Locked thread