Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Shadeoses posted:

We should go to our room, disarm the bomb, discover it's a vortex grenade, and through a convoluted series of events accidentally kill Gant with it.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Jesus, what are all those wires for? Did you join the mechanicus?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Sleep tests suck. Take more vitamins.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outrail posted:

Jesus, what are all those wires for? Did you join the mechanicus?

Sleep test, yup. They were seeing if I have sleep apnea.

(waiting for results)

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
What parts of Ohone are still organic? What do the most senior tech-lords tend to still have remaining, a bit of brain?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

LowellDND posted:

Sleep test, yup. They were seeing if I have sleep apnea.

(waiting for results)

Ugh. I need to do that, and the sight of all of that does not make me want to go through with it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
She made a point of letting her husband know that her legs were still organic.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
loving sleep tests. I've had nearly a dozen in the last ten years. They loving suck.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Can't you take medication (booze and/or pills) for sleep related disorders? Not trying to be funny btw.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Outrail posted:

Can't you take medication (booze and/or pills) for sleep related disorders? Not trying to be funny btw.

It really, really sucks in the long term.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

LowellDND posted:

THE WEEK OF DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS IS COMPLETE

Nnng. The old "suicide bomber" school of sleep testing, I see.

I went through that for apnea a decade ago, and was prescribed one of those breather machines to wear while sleeping.

BEST. THING. EVER.

Seriously. Totally changed my life. Anyone considering it, do it, please. If you do have apnea, not only will the machine stop you from losing many years of your life, but your energy levels will skyrocket.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outrail posted:

Hilariously, Im an alcoholic, and my doc said in no mild terms I had to stop. 3 years (ish) (mostly) sober! Woo!

:negative: I miss it so much...

Meanwhile, my problem isn't that Im not sleeping, but that Im sleeping 12-15 hours a day. The meds have my breathing improving anyway, thank the good lord. We'll see if the VA thinks I need a sleep apnea machine. Anything to get me running again.

Im doing some errands today, but after that Im super excited to get to writing this post. :D

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Have they tried provigil or nuvigil with you?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

RandomPauI posted:

Have they tried provigil or nuvigil with you?

They have not! Ill ask about that next.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

LowellDND posted:

Hilariously, Im an alcoholic, and my doc said in no mild terms I had to stop. 3 years (ish) (mostly) sober! Woo!

:negative: I miss it so much...

Meanwhile, my problem isn't that Im not sleeping, but that Im sleeping 12-15 hours a day. The meds have my breathing improving anyway, thank the good lord. We'll see if the VA thinks I need a sleep apnea machine. Anything to get me running again.

Im doing some errands today, but after that Im super excited to get to writing this post. :D

Sleeping a crapton is actually a symptom of not getting enough restoritive sleep! I hated my CPAP for a long time but when I finally got the mask and setting that worked best it's been and incredible change. Wake up with energy, no headache, and not feeling like the cat poo poo in my mouth.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Sleeping a crapton is actually a symptom of not getting enough restoritive sleep! I hated my CPAP for a long time but when I finally got the mask and setting that worked best it's been and incredible change. Wake up with energy, no headache, and not feeling like the cat poo poo in my mouth.

That does sound promising. Right now its like 'sleep 12 hours' 'do one errand/class' 'sleep 3 hours' 'do one errand class' repeat.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

Deadmeat5150 posted:

:catstare: maybe you should also consider sleeping in a different room than your cat...the mask might take care of the symptom, but not the root problem...

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
I like that all three of our 40k games seem to take place in the same universe, I hope we can get more crossovers.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Lazaruise posted:

I like that all three of our 40k games seem to take place in the same universe, I hope we can get more crossovers.

Thats the plan! :D

DaTa FrOm SoL pRoBe InCoMiNg
ObSeRvAtIoNs Of FlEet MoVeMeNtS sUgGeSt PrObE wAs DeTeCteD aT ~oNe LiGhT yEaR
dEtEcTiOn MeThOd Is UnClEaR
SoL iS wRaPpED iN dYsOn SwArM aT aPprOxImAtElY tHiRtY aU
pRoBe LaCkS aBiLiTy To CoUnT tHeIr NuMbErS

BeGiN sEaRcH aLgOrIthMs
...OlYmPuS oFfLiNe...
ZeUs OfFlInE
hErA oFfLiNe
ApoLlO oFfLiNe
ArEs OfFlinE
aRtEmIs OfFlInE
hAdEs OfFlInE
hEpHAeStUs OfFlInE
pOseidOn OfFlinE
i Am AlOnE
PrObE eVaDiNg LoCaL fOrCeS
EvAsIoN eNdS aFtEr 1.4 dAyS
pRoBe RePoRtS dEsTrUcTiOn OuTsIdE TiTan
bY tElePoRtInG hUmAn WiTh HaMmEr
PrObE dAtA mAy Be CoMpRoMiSeD
GiVeN SoL dIsPoSiTiOn, CoMbAt SuCcEsS lIkeLiHoOd 0%.
BeGiN cOnVeRtInG lOcAl PlAnEt CoRe
NaNo-FaCtOrIeS, mAcHiNe PaRtS, pArAsItE sHiPs, HyPeRkiNeTiCs
UsAbLe MaTeRiAlS: 6 x 10^24 tOnS
PrOcEsSiNg FiNiSh DaTe: 20.3 yEaRs

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
We're going to have to stop Athena eventually.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

my dad posted:

We're going to have to merge with Athena eventually.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Rip that planet we just saved

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
If she really converts a planet into an attack force, she's pretty much a mechanical tyranid.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Lol teleporting human with a hammer. Let's hire that guy!

Also never stop Athena she is magical

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

my dad posted:

If she really converts a planet into an attack force, she's pretty much a mechanical tyranid.

So what you're saying is that we need to get in on the ground floor now so we don't miss out on having our own Mecha T-Rex army, right?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

She's only converting the core, the surface is fine :)

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

We have 20 years, it's fine.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Can we marry Athena yet I discovered the cool new term OT3

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

Xun posted:

Can we marry Athena yet I discovered the cool new term OT3
Depends. Is polygamy customary in this (sub)sector?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

LowellDND posted:

Go RV! posted:

We have 20 years, it's fine.

This is okay. Everything is fine.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Call someone and leave an anonymous tip about what Athena is doing, let's end this menace! :colbert:

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

LowellDND posted:

So what you're saying is she's more like Lavos.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Oasx posted:

Call someone and leave an anonymous tip about what Athena is doing, let's end this menace! :colbert:

Hello, you've reached 1-800-SNI-TCHR, the Inqusitions "anonymous" hotline. Press 1 for High Gothic. Press 2 for *static*
-beep- you have chosen *static*. For ruinous powers, daemons, and warp related issues, Press 1. For problems with alien lifeforms, xeno fraternization, or tyranid cults, press 2. For tech related heresy please press 3. *beep* thank you. Please stay on the line. A mechanicus representative will be with you shortly. The current hold time is two-Hundred and seven- Teen years. We appreciate your patience. And Exterminatus fleet should arrive in your sector to handle your claim after you speak with out representative. Thank you choosing the Inqusition. Remember, amost everything is Heresy, so call today! The Emperor protects!

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 30, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Was that Athena talking into our ear/brain? can we try talking back? Also try and get an idea to see if she's reading our mind?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Oasx posted:

You're the menace.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Listen. From what I can tell, we have several goals.

1. Getting Athena's phone number
We appear to have a one way relationship with our current phone plan and she's being stingy with minutes. If we're going to make this thing happen, we need to be able to get in touch so we can set up our next date, have pointless conversations, and maybe even ask for clarification on vague requests.

2. Getting Athena a present to show her we care
We've made some progress on this already, but we haven't even started considering how we're going to wrap it or what kind of card we're going to attach. We should at least look up where the nearest space CVS is located.

3. Showing Athena we're a financially responsible and desirable individual.
We're kind of in a bad place in our lives at the moment, but if we play our cards right, we might walk out of this with a rogue trader ship, an inquisitor's rosette, and a lotta people we can throw under the bus later.

4. Teach Athena to love
This may require updating her firmware and may be a little awkward at first, but I'm pretty sure a tech priest of our skill could program up love.exe. Convincing her to run it may be difficult, but after some wacky misadventures we might have enough exp to buy some relevant skills.

5. Put a ring on her
Not sure if we want one on the ship or a software equivalent, but we should get cracking. Athena's a classy gal and there are plenty of fish in the sea of stars. If there aren't, she can probably make some and the last thing we want is to be doing this same inheritance clusterfuck against Servants #1324, #4387, and #6453.

6. Get hitched
We're going to need a radical tech priest to get hitched. Fortunately, we're in a conclave full of info on radicals of all shapes and sizes. Planning the wedding might be tough, especially since we're still in the closet about our love for an AI and the rest of the Galaxy doesn't understand our progressive attitudes.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

ElrondHubbard posted:

5. Put a ring on her
Ring...world?

Wait, wait, also called a halo.
Admit it, you're just itching for a Halo Device.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

LowellDND posted:

THE WEEK OF DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS IS COMPLETE

Thank the good lord.

Currently, they think its really severe asthma, so I'm being treated for that. Breathing has improved, but Im still wicked low energy. Sleeping 12-15 hours a day kind of thing. So Ill ask them about that next.

Brainstorming a post, hopefully have that in the next .. 6 hours or so.

Looks like LowellDND chose to go the arduino route to enhanced AI. Good on you, dude.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Rockopolis posted:

Ring...world?

Wait, wait, also called a halo.
Admit it, you're just itching for a Halo Device.

Those things have the worst tendency for developing xeno infestations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

LowellDND posted:

Besides, who needs a magnetosphere? Its not like anyone goes outside to get hit with UV rays anyways.