Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rurea posted:

:downs:

I think its probably leaning more towards town for me. I don't see why a scum would be doctor-proof.

Actually I don't get why ANYBODY would be doctor-proof

So you believe her claim then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hmm she claimed nothing can be blocked or redirected

it means anyone targeting mmt will target mmt with their action

that would be a terrible role if mmt is scum and there's a town cop and scum roleblocker in the game

it also means she's super-doctroable not doctor-proof

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

Also forgot to post since I saw this while I was getting ready for work, but for what it's worth I :lol:'ed.

Game chat: nothing that targets me can be blocked or redirected. Please plan accordingly.

She isn't super doctorable.

If a night kill targets her, it CAN NOT be blocked. That's the impression that I got

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I am here and town! It's these things:

- work for me is starting to ramp up (the moving company I work for doubles its staff for the April-October months)
- I'm in another game that's further along (D2 so there's more info to work with) with a deadline tonight
- in a recent game I opened D1 by making a lot of cases based on speculation and my observation was that (a) it stifled discussion more than generating it and (b) it made people think I was full of poo poo
- any votes I would cast at the moment would be guesswork at best

And yeah, all I really know is actions on me "can't be blocked or redirected". I'm not going to pretend to know the specifics of the rules interactions (like if using a doctor on a NK is a "blocked" action in the same vein that a roleblocker is).

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I can't remember a single thing about this game before the weekend. Was there ever any actual mafiaing?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Asiina posted:

I can't remember a single thing about this game before the weekend. Was there ever any actual mafiaing?

You got copped by ernie.

##vote Asiina

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

HiipFire posted:

You got copped by ernie.

##vote Asiina

Wait, really? where?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i wish taste would blow up already

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Deadline is in 7 hours. Maybe we should do a content game?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Someone should use a day action.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

Deadline is in 7 hours. Maybe we should do a content game?

sure

everyone claim your roles because this game is based on loving with action targeting rather than normal gameplay which means the night-phase isn't going to help us much unless we play like this like One Night Ultimate Werewolf

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ernie. posted:

sure

everyone claim your roles because this game is based on loving with action targeting rather than normal gameplay which means the night-phase isn't going to help us much unless we play like this like One Night Ultimate Werewolf

Our roles or our songs?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

HiipFire posted:

You got copped by ernie.

##vote Asiina

Also holy poo poo that avatar

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

sure

i was about to say "don't do this" but then i remembered my own role.

hmmmm

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hahaha, Hiip.

Also I won't claim my role before a night phase happens.

Maybe tomorrow.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rurea posted:

Our roles or our songs?

roles

i am a lightning rod

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh :(

1-shot?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ernie. posted:

roles

i am a lightning rod

my role is very unique and cant be summed up in less than 5 words

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

Oh :(

1-shot?

unlimited shots

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Seriously?

Unlimited lightning rods are lameo.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I hope there is a juggernaut/strongman

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rurea posted:

I hope there is a juggernaut/strongman

of course there is. and now they know to use it to kill ernie n1, which means we lose the element of surprise ernie's power would have given us.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's okay, cause I can save us.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
ok I just would like to apologize beforehand that I might start confusing people's names in the next couple days cause I turned off avatars so yeah

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Good thing my power is the best!
I get a list of every Song that made a night action, and which song they targeted. I don't learn player names or action name though!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rurea posted:

I get a list of every Song that made a night action, and which song they targeted. I don't learn player names or action name though!

That's a strictly better version of my power. :raise:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

That's a strictly better version of my power. :raise:

Sorry you didn't pick a better song!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

of course there is. and now they know to use it to kill ernie n1, which means we lose the element of surprise ernie's power would have given us.

the reason i want a mass-claim is specifically this!

MMT is already unaffected by my power (i.e. anyone who targets MMT targets MMT), which means this game is going to be a mess of what ifs unless we start getting rid of the doubt now!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I wonder if my action will show who people originally targeted, or just everyone targeting ernie

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Ernie. posted:

roles

i am a lightning rod

Heavy metal song spotted :downsrim: This can be used to verify my Aura of Non-Redirection, though.

Ernie. posted:

sure

Byers2142 posted:

:siren:

No one has yet, but let me make it clear; revealing your song may be a bad idea in this game!

:siren:

While I know that role != song, I'm suspicious of Ernie trying to solicit information after Byers revealed that scum can potentially abuse information.

Ernie. posted:

the reason i want a mass-claim is specifically this!

MMT is already unaffected by my power (i.e. anyone who targets MMT targets MMT), which means this game is going to be a mess of what ifs unless we start getting rid of the doubt now!

(Oops I saw this reply when I hit "Preview" on mine.)

How does revealing our roles on D1 make the game less of a mess? I feel like a mass-claim on D1 is useless since scum will learn what town can do and then lie to town about what they can do.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay I got some clarification from Byers and now I definitely want to claim if we're claiming or this game will get out of hand VERY QUICKLY.

I'm a power swapper. I swap powers.

At night I target someone and I permanently steal their power (and any charges they have left). They then get my power swapper role to do with as they wish. It sounds like from the description that this happens last so everyone's powers for the night still go through but then come the next day our powers are swapped.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

At night I target someone and I permanently steal their power (and any charges they have left). They then get my power swapper role to do with as they wish. It sounds like from the description that this happens last so everyone's powers for the night still go through but then come the next day our powers are swapped.

knew it, we are actually playing a mafia variant of One Night Ultimate Werewolf

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

How does revealing our roles on D1 make the game less of a mess? I feel like a mass-claim on D1 is useless since scum will learn what town can do and then lie to town about what they can do.

we find out how we can sabotage ourselves! the reason you're not supposed to withhold information in ONUW is because the more the town reveals about how they screwed each other over, the fewer places the scum can hide their contributions to the screw-ups/kills!

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Asiina posted:

Okay I got some clarification from Byers and now I definitely want to claim if we're claiming or this game will get out of hand VERY QUICKLY.

this sounds an awful lot like Old Maid from EpicMafia, do you gain their alignment or is this purely a role thing?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rurea posted:

I have this, but for myself only.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

HiipFire posted:

this sounds an awful lot like Old Maid from EpicMafia, do you gain their alignment or is this purely a role thing?

Just role.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It actually says "powers" not role.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote j

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted: