Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I've asked sarah jeong and susie cagle if they were going to cover this and sarah seemed very eager to do something on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
i will never stop laughing

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

CARL MARX FORCE IV is the best dendy game.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
like seriously none of this can be real, it's too much

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Dex posted:

If this was a film, you'd stop watching it for being too ridiculous. Bitcoins are like the curse of the mummy, everyone involved with them is hosed in the end.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
You know how people used to do XCOM runs using their Facebook friends as soldier names

I want to do a bitcoin run now, just to see what nickname Col. Carl Mark Force IV gets, and also so I can send "Magic" Mike Karpeles to infiltrate EXARCH

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

apparently dpr's lawyer has known about this for at least 4mos

yeah, not surprised, first thing i would have done as the prosecution was make absolutely 100% sure this poo poo didn't get mentioned at trial

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

am I the only one thinking that admitting to paying bribes for being involved with silk road would just help undermine the defense's story about not being involved with silk road?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the first thing ulbricht's attorney said during opening statements was that he created silk road so...

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

Munkeymon posted:

am I the only one thinking that admitting to paying bribes for being involved with silk road would just help undermine the defense's story about not being involved with silk road?

he would have just said the feds planted all the evidence and somehow hacked their way into Ulbricht's account to steal the money

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Munkeymon posted:

if i were them, i'd use these corrupt cops to argue that they worked with karples to frame ross once the corrupt cops knew that someone was going to get busted soon

sure wouldn't explain the heaps of evidence on ross's computer implicating these guys but id hope the jury wouldn't think of that, orblame mark for it to cover his tracks even more while getting rid of his co-conspirators

still a hail mary but one with a way better shot

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

hobbesmaster posted:

the first thing ulbricht's attorney said during opening statements was that he created silk road so...

but that he wasn't involved at the time of the investigation so why was he paying blackmail to the investigators

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Federal Agents Who Persecuted Ulbricht Arrested

quote:

Two Federal Agents involved in the undercover operation to bust the Silk Road have been arrested for stealing money taken over the course of the Investigation. Arrested were DEA Agent Carl Mark Force IV and Secret Service Agent Shaun Bridges. Mister Force IV in particular is alleged to have stolen a number of Bitcoins from the Silk Road and taken possession of them personally instead of remanding them to Government custody as was expected of him as his theft occured in the course of his undercover work. Agents of the fiat system simply can not resist the allure of better money. Given that the investigating agents could not be trusted to not take Silk Road proceeds for their own use, the serious question of what other liberties were taken during the investigation remains.
http://qntra.net/2015/03/federal-agents-who-persecuted-ulbricht-arrested/

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

evilweasel posted:

if i were them, i'd use these corrupt cops to argue that they worked with karples to frame ross once the corrupt cops knew that someone was going to get busted soon

sure wouldn't explain the heaps of evidence on ross's computer implicating these guys but id hope the jury wouldn't think of that, orblame mark for it to cover his tracks even more while getting rid of his co-conspirators

still a hail mary but one with a way better shot

thats like a hail mary from the 50 instead of tripping in your own end zone for a safety

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
you know, i bet if they find a sympathetic (nee libertarian) judge they could actually get a retrial or mistrial out of this on appeal. this is absolute cuckoo-bananas level bullshit.

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

TVarmy posted:

CARL MARX FORCE IV is the best dendy game.

maid force four

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
on the other hand i'm still pretty sure ross is hosed although this'll really amp the free ross crew up to 11

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

first the "Beverley Hills" thing with Robert Durst, now this. :eyepop:

e:

:pusheen:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dex posted:

I'm starting to think this is all some meta troll by the Illuminati or something. Its beyond the point of being random, this is performance art.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

bitcoin: French Maid Carl "Carla Sophia" Mark Force the Fourth

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
we need to get a new mod if just for changing this thread title

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

uncurable mlady posted:

you know, i bet if they find a sympathetic (nee libertarian)

nobody's born libertarian

I bet they're not going to take the murder for hire business to trial now

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

AlbieQuirky posted:

nobody's born libertarian

I bet they're not going to take the murder for hire business to trial now

sure they are

oh you meant against ulbrich

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

uncurable mlady posted:

you know, i bet if they find a sympathetic (nee libertarian) judge they could actually get a retrial or mistrial out of this on appeal. this is absolute cuckoo-bananas level bullshit.

A retrial would do wonders for the laughchain.

FREE ROSS!!!! (And lets have trial 2.0)

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

how can this be real

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

DNova posted:

how can this be real

all we need now is a way to lump in BFL and everything will come full circle into a web of scams.

poik007
Aug 16, 2006
Thinks Mother 3 is the best game ever
Carl Mark Force 'Cocksucker' IV

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
jesus christ

where do we go from here? mark karpeles is satoshi and works for the cia?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

the only way this can get weirder is if ross turns out to be a fed who was setting up force and bridges all along

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
when the dust settles, only karples will remain standing.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Sweevo posted:

the only way this can get weirder is if ross turns out to be a fed who was setting up force and bridges all along

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHQr0HCIN2w

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

i've been barely keeping up with this lately cause bitcoin hit its predicted slump where only the hardcore are left and they're the biggest morons of the bunch, exchanges disappear all the time, and only the fools and scammers are really left.

...and this happens holy poo poo lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Dr. Honked posted:

when the dust settles, only karples will remain standing.

good.

• Locked thread